[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/agpg/ - AGP General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19
File: Hato_Kenjiro_1.jpg (197 KB, 800x1137) Image search: [Google]
Hato_Kenjiro_1.jpg
197 KB, 800x1137
Kenjiro Hato edition X"3
pic relevant af

>AGP questions and answers
>Thoughts and feelings / emotions
>Help, advice, guidance
>Be cozy and chill out

>What is AGP?
Autogynephilia, from Greek αὐτό- ("self"), γυνή ("woman") and φιλία ("love")
Broadly, sexual or nonsexual arousal to the thought of oneself as a woman

>AGP is discredited and doesn't real!
No, you might be thinking of Blanchard's typology, which includes the idea of AGP. Regardless of whether or not you agree with Blanchard's ideas, AGP is very real to the people who experience it.

Discord
https://discord.gg/0vTR1GzEzuVj6Sb3

Last thread:
>>6228782
>>
File: Hatofujoshit.png (288 KB, 861x1236) Image search: [Google]
Hatofujoshit.png
288 KB, 861x1236
>>6295709
Hato is Autoandrophile femboy master race.

Keep your tentacles off him!
>>
>autoandrophile
>>
>>6295718
If that's new or a side story I haven't read it.

Also I don't care so much about how convoluted Hato's gender gets, the whole thing in his mind and behavior is entirely relevant.

>Keep your tentacles off him!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.
>>
>>6295718
wait so this is an aap story? looks more like agp to me
>>
>>6295769

As far as I've read it's totally AGP business

In fact the only touching and fun narrative dealing with it I've ever found.

I don't really any problem if it can fit an AAP interpretation, that's nice; after all AGP and AAP are mostly the same shit from different sides.

I think it's totally relevant and the psychological aspects of it strike really close to me, that last thing is really the only thing I care about. It's not often that I feel like that.
>>
>>6295755
>>6295769
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.
Hato's a boy, he just happens to like looking fem, and he likes BL and sempai.
Don't twist his pure yaoi heart.
>>
>>6293248
>>6293276

How was it that Blanchard described the dysphoria of HSTS?

>>6293459

>Being a man is fun sometimes, but its always felt like something I had to settle for or learn to live with.

Same, minus the "being a man can sometimes be fun" part.

>fatalism

Do you mean that in the sense that all events are predetermined?
>>
>>6295870
probably not the best abbreviation for that...
>>
>>6295865
>implying BL and AGP can't go hand in hand
lol

>Hato's a boy
...when did I say otherwise?

7u7
>>
>>6295769
Touken Ranbu isn't AGP
>>
>>6295883
>BL and AGP go hand in hand
wat
>>
>>6295913
>failing at logic.

Sigh.

I didn't say they DO ALWAYS go together.

I said they CAN go together.

That they are NOT antithetical.
>>
>>6295948
Elaborate
>>
>>6295877

I also thought it was pretty stupid that fatalism referred to fate and not wanting to kill oneself.
>>
>>6295972
ah i'm ok with that. i meant hsts
homosexual
heterosexual
>>
>>6296003

Ah, that fits your use of abbreviation better. I didn't see any abbreviations in my post so I figured you must have been talking about fatalism.
>>
>>6296032
yeah actually i meant initialism
whoops
>>
>>6296003
>>6296003
Doesn't really make sense, which one is supposed to be homosexual.
>>
>>6296056
well i think that's one reason why lots of people get triggered by blanchard - because they consider mtfs female instead of male
>>
>>6296056
>>6296062
what i mean to say is that i thought he used both homo- and heterosexual so i didn't know which one hsts referred to, although maybe it was a dichotomy between homosexual ts and agp ts, in which case it is clear, but i haven't read the paper in a while.
>>
>>6296062
Except you don't have to buy ideas wholesale all of the time.
>>
>>6296062

Fits perfectly when you're dealing with femboys and others that try and stay on the boy side of the line.
If they've gone all out and changed primary and secondary traits, then it doesn't really make sense.

That's probably why you shouldn't let third world psychologists do medicine.
>>
>>6296102

"Homosexual transsexual" is an unfortunate technical term...

"androphilic transsexual" would refer neatly to the same facts while avoiding misgendering, and causing less confusion in the present day.
>>
>>6296066

It's between homosexual and non-homosexual (bisexual, gynephilic, asexual). Under the dichotomy, all non-homosexuals have AGP and homosexuals don't.
>>
>>6296151
It's something psychologists from a failing healthcare system thought up while trying to play doctor. It's kinda a small failing when you compare it to the tens of thousands of Canadians who have died from a lack of access to advanced medicine.

AAP/AGP might be a thing, but these are people who never would've been trusted with patients in a first world healthcare.
>>
>>6296186
I'm not going to get into political talk about healthcare systems.

-What is first world healthcare according to you?
-What damage did "these people" do to their patients?
-Would you spell out who "these people" actually are?
-What kind of people should be trusted with patients in a first world healtcare system, in contrast to "these people"?
>>
>>6296220
http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2014/06/13/if-universal-health-care-is-the-goal-dont-copy-canada/#14a01224290d

Namely that Canada has killed over sixty thousand women since going soviet.

And that's only counting the ones they killed by being incapable or unwilling to provide advanced medicine like chemo or MRI.

Maybe something that doesn't have a shortage of basic equipment and qualified physicians would be nice, it's pretty shitty to let your plebeians rot. Something without the longest wait times in the world would be nice too.
>>
>>6296237

You answered none of my questions.
>>
if you're overly sensitive about how and what words you use to talk to people and also go to great lengths to be polite and also somewhat easily get offended by if someone speaks rather insensitively to you. Is it a feminine thing?
>>
I used to greatly value Blanchard up until recently but I saw a lot of interesting points raised against his hypothesis. The biggest of which is that his theory does not allow for autoandrophilia - the FTM equivalent - because autogynephilia is a paraphilia and only men can have those in any significant number. As recently as 2013 he has publicly stated that he doesn't believe autoandros exist. This goes against a lot of people describing themselves that way.

If, then, sexually fantasizing about yourself as being of the other gender is not a paraphilia then Blanchard's dichotomy begins to look arbitrary. Why would people fall into these two exclusive groups if FTMs experience similar feelings without being classified along similar lines? Why would homosexual biomen be less susceptible - no, immune! - to developing such feelings while both *aesexuals* and *bisexuals* could develop them?

The second argument against AGP goes like this:
1) AGP is a fetish
2) Female hormones diminish sex drive in biological men
3) Transitioning ought *diminish* the enjoyment of AGP, a fetish so central to one's life that many are willing to risk everything - job, friends, future, life - in order to engage in it.
4) MTFs who have transitioned and previously reported AGP widely report feeling better after transitioning. This makes little sense since actually transitioning should have reduced their want to be as they are!
5) It makes little sense to think of AGP as a simple fetish.

In the end I think it is because Blanchard tried to cast the entire phenomena through the lens of what a proper cis woman should be socially, and proper cis women only like men. This is not to devalue the work of Blanchard, who was the first to speak of transsexuals who reported this sort of self arousal, but to say that perhaps his work is outdated and is only so frequently quoted now because of various political factions favoring it. The recent DSM has largely dismissed his input on the subject.
>>
This is a crosspost. I felt that it is relevant to the thread.

>>6296931
Now, a full disclosure post: I'm a highly confused AGP sufferer. I've had obsessive thoughts about boys becoming girls since I was 5 or 4. I have not and could never enter a relationship as a man. I do not despise my body completely beyond it being ugly but I would greatly prefer to have a woman's body. I cannot get aroused about a fantasy involving me without imagining myself as a woman. I feel a strong, burning need to become a woman.

Sounds like that classical trans tale, right? But at the same time the mere thought of a man becoming a woman turns me on and though I'm really ashamed of admitting it I've been masturbating to such thoughts for over a decade at this point. I don't have to be the focal point of such fantasies. They can be and frequently are about other people. So just a genderbending fetish, right? but what kind of a transsexual gets aroused by just imagining their happy non-sexual daily life post transitioning? What kind of a woman is aroused by the thought of herself engaging in stereotypically feminine activities?

tl;dr I have no fucking clue what I am or how I function. Send help.
>>
File: agp by sexuality.png (92 KB, 683x756) Image search: [Google]
agp by sexuality.png
92 KB, 683x756
>>6296931
>The biggest of which is that his theory does not allow for autoandrophilia
AAP and FTMs don't need to be relevant when talking about AGP and MTFs

>Why would people fall into these two exclusive groups if FTMs experience similar feelings without being classified along similar lines?
above, also why not?

>If, then, sexually fantasizing about yourself as being of the other gender is not a paraphilia then Blanchard's dichotomy begins to look arbitrary.
doesn't follow

>Why would homosexual biomen be less susceptible - no, immune! - to developing such feelings while both *aesexuals* and *bisexuals* could develop them?
homosexual, because they are not attracted to women
bisexual, because they are attracted to women
asexual, because they don't lack all sexual arousal

What is your point of reaching the conclusion
>5) It makes little sense to think of AGP as a simple fetish.
? It doesn't really detract from BT or anything but mischaracterizations of AGP arguments

>In the end I think it is because Blanchard tried to cast the entire phenomena through the lens of what a proper cis woman should be socially, and proper cis women only like men.
He has never implied this nor suggested that HSTS are "more transgender" than AGP.

>The recent DSM has largely dismissed his input on the subject.
for politically correct reasons based on strawmen, not because his classification is wildly inaccurate

have you read his paper? I would suggest you do if you haven't, here it is
https://mega.nz/#!UQRhFTrT!yymG2FeY_gb3i4YDpPS03zBM5da8Mop1TIVdJWdnKE0
>>
>>6296934
>But at the same time the mere thought of a man becoming a woman turns me on and though I'm really ashamed of admitting it I've been masturbating to such thoughts for over a decade at this point.
is this supposed to mean you can't be a tranny? BT classifies transgenders and never suggests that NHSTS/AGP are "not real" transgenders. if you think this then you have internalized a mischaracterization of BT or AGP used by many people to argue against it and even the existence of AGP. AGP is reviled because of some or all of
>hatred/stigma of fetishism
>fear of losing treatment if AGP is admitted to, by AGP-hating doctors
>finding some group to throw under the LGBT bus
>something else

>So just a genderbending fetish, right?
the only thing you can definitively say is
>So a genderbending fetish, right?
just? that is for the rest of the evidence to decide.
>but what kind of a transsexual gets aroused by just imagining their happy non-sexual daily life post transitioning? What kind of a woman is aroused by the thought of herself engaging in stereotypically feminine activities?
an autogynephilic one

I can't tell you if you are a tranny however you have several red flags in this post. have you considered trying out hormones?
>>
>>6297035
>AAP and FTMs don't need to be relevant when talking about AGP and MTFs
If a theory posits that something *cannot* exist but it does anyhow then it makes the theory suspect. Not entirely incorrect, mind, but possibly flawed. Blanchard did not "focus" on AGP as much as stating that according to his theory AAP is impossible.

>why not?
An unexplained disparity in what is otherwise a very similar phenomena is suspect.

>non-sequitur
The whole theory is based on AGP being a kind of paraphilia yet women who have paraphilias are extremely rare while AAP exists at a lower but still significant frequency. Ignoring this and charting up a taxonomy based on this aspect is problematic.

>homosexual, because they are not attracted to women
Operating on the assumption that AGP is a fetish, one does not necessarily needs to be attracted to the subject of a fetish in order to be aroused by that fetish. A straight sadomasochist man might be aroused at the thought of another man being bound and whipped by an invisible assailant even though he is not attracted to that man.

>What is your point of reaching the conclusion?
I did not mean to mischaracterize Blanchard as dismissive. Sorry. My intention was to point out that the erotic component might be a red herring rather than the cause itself.

>He has never implied this nor suggested that HSTS are "more transgender" than AGP.
You're absolutely right. Again, I apologize if I had caused offense. My point was that he has a.. lets say fairly traditional look on society and the role of men and women within it which might have affected his approach to the matter.

>for politically correct reasons based on strawmen, not because his classification is wildly inaccurate
How do you know this? Are we to suspect foul play, motivated by politics, in every DSM decree regarding controversial subjects?

>Paper
If you could please name the paper instead of linking it I would greatly appreciate it.
>>
>>6297102
>didn't read the paper and doesn't even know what it's called
>commenting on it
>>
>>6297045
>Is this supposed to mean you can't be a tranny?
Hey, you tell me. In many ways I feel that Blanchard is significantly kinder to my kin than I am. Ultimately so long as following a certain course of action leaves a patient better off and they're not hurting themselves nor others then it makes sense to follow it but there might just be a categorical difference between what I will unscientifically describe as lifestyle fetishists who transition for the same reason one might lead a BDSM-focused alternative lifestyle and those who transition for reasons other than arousal. Whether intense arousal and discomfort is sufficient reason to transition is a question more fit for philosophy than psychology. On the other hand if arousal is just a "comorbidity" that somewhat changes the nature of the question.

>I can't tell you if you are a tranny however you have several red flags in this post. have you considered trying out hormones?
I think that ultimately the societal costs of transitioning will outweigh the benefit, at least until technology advances to the point where going unnoticed with a build like my own might be feasible. The question is still important to me because I value understanding myself.

Thank you for responding and if I came off as being pointlessly antagonistic then I apologize.
>>
>>6297118
I have a policy of never following strange links posted on 4chan. It is not that I don't trust you, but that tricking fellow users into going to.. unsavory sites is the national sport. As the name of the paper is not in the url I had asked you to name it so I could search for it myself.
>>
>>6297102
>Blanchard did not "focus" on AGP as much as stating that according to his theory AAP is impossible.
where is this said?
his opinion on whether or not AAP is a thing is irrelevant, as is discussion of FTMs when BT covers MTFs

>An unexplained disparity in what is otherwise a very similar phenomena is suspect.
what disparity? you make the assumption that FTMs would be similar to MTFs that the BT must somehow apply to it even though no such claim is ever made

>The whole theory is based on AGP being a kind of paraphilia yet women who have paraphilias are extremely rare while AAP exists at a lower but still significant frequency. Ignoring this and charting up a taxonomy based on this aspect is problematic.
MTFs are not natal women and so they cannot be expected to have all similar characteristics. it does not seem that AAP should be very common in either homo- or non-, but yes this could be an interesting data point

>How do you know this? Are we to suspect foul play, motivated by politics, in every DSM decree regarding controversial subjects?
that is my assertion based on reading many criticisms of "autogynephilia" (really, BT) over time. it is rejected not because it's been shown not to reflect reality, but because it is considered offensive or harmful by people who fit the criteria in >>6297045. these criticisms range from the hysterical
http://www.brynntannehill.com/blanchards-typology-is-intrinsically-transphobic/
http://bilerico.lgbtqnation.com/2014/07/new_yorker_shamefully_cites_anti-lgbt_researcher.php
to the more level-headed
https://www.quora.com/How-does-one-determine-if-one-is-transgender?share=1
>should be considered ... even harmful to people who use them and determine that they do not fit these criteria effectively even though they fit the criteria listed in the DSM V for gender dysphoria.

if you are >>6297102 then not even knowing or caring to search for what you're trying to discuss comes across as lazy and there's no point in continuing.
>>
I think it is far better to destigmatize words and conditions than get rid of data that has potential value in psychology/medicine for the sake of hurt feelings, even more so when they are caused by strawmen.
>>
>>6297217
I think that one can both accept the contribution of the old theories while accepting some components of them to be flawed and inaccurate. Science inevitably marches on. Pioneers should be honored but not enshrined.
>>
>>6297195
First thing first, I cannot know the content of the link you've posted without following it and I've explained why I do not follow links on this site. If it was the original paper then yes, I've read it, but since you haven't described what it (the link) actually is upon posting it I couldn't possibly know this. Hence why I asked you to clarify by saying what it is you've actually linked so I could search for it via a search engine, on the assumption that it is some new paper relevant to the discussion.

>Where is this said?
He stated this in several reviews on the subject, clarifying on his views.

>AAP is irrelevant
I think this is unreasonable to state this given the line of thought regarding paraphilias, which AGP is considered to be rooted in, and how AAP is so similar to AGP yet paraphilias struggle to explain AAP.

>Much of the resistance to AGP is political
Absolutely, but it is unfair to assume that the conclusions made by a group of professional psychologists were dictated by the howling of the uneducated masses.
>>
>>6297035
It kinda does. If he insists aap can't exist and values his own speculation over data, then he really isn't demonstrating anything.

That's stuff that wouldn't be allowed in biomed.
>>
>>6297195
>cannot be expected to have all similar characteristics.
That isn't the way neurology works. There's a lot of overlap between normal male and normal female.

I don't see why you demand we ignore natural law each time it contradicts with what you want. That's probably why psych is held in so low regard by other fields.
>>
>>6297217
>>6297221

Word.

>>6297035
>>The biggest of which is that his theory does not allow for autoandrophilia
>AAP and FTMs don't need to be relevant when talking about AGP and MTFs

I object. One of the greatest hurdle for males to understand themselves is that they're forbidden by their peers to try to do so via parallel and affinity with others. The only socially accepted role-models for males are stereotypical males. This can be generalized to an extent.

>>6296934
;__;
...Do you feel like you have a propensity for mimicking? :
-Is it easy to fall into other's speech patterns?
-Do you ever feel like your movement patterns are copied from others?
-Do you enjoy singing or acting, even if only in private?

...Have you had somewhat of a hard time fitting in male culture?
-Not as much as outright femmy boys, but still?
-More of a subjective turmoil thing than something others would notice right away?
-Have you felt rejected by others for no apparent reason?
-Do you have trouble forming all-male collective bonds?
-Have parts (but not whole) of "male culture" felt alien to you throughout your life?
-Feeling closer to females. Not "more similar to females than to males", but "closer to females than other males usually are". This is really easy to get confused over.

...Have you ever felt that gender asymmetries are total bullshit? Such as:
-Girls can get guys stuff, but guys can't get girls stuff.
-Feeling like there are no nice things for guys/boys
-Guys aren't allowed to act affectionate
-You're willing to take on a submissive role in bed/romance - even if you're only interested in female partners.

...Have you ever felt like you don't know what to do with your body?
-Ignorance or indifference rather than rejection, leading you to physically disregard yourself.

Maybe none of that helped, it's my current best, whether it helps it or not, I'm totally with you bro ;___;
*hug*
>>
>>6297853
>That isn't the way neurology works. There's a lot of overlap between normal male and normal female.

This. Why do people keep forgetting about this all the fucking time.
>>
File: 300px-Yuda_denshoreppa1.jpg (18 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
300px-Yuda_denshoreppa1.jpg
18 KB, 300x225
>want to look like a woman
>but want to do manly things
>want giant cock
well shit

pic related
>>
>>6297994
can you please let us know some of the other dumb shit you believe?
>>
File: zoisitenuhuhuhuhuhuhu.jpg (10 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
zoisitenuhuhuhuhuhuhu.jpg
10 KB, 259x194
>>6298883
>can you please let us know some of the other dumb shit you believe?

Only the first part of that post ("I object...")is an actual statement of belief.

The other stuff is just shit that happens/has happened to me.

What do you exactly think is dumb about all that?

If you mean dumb shit unrelated to AGP, that's what /x/ is for.
>>
has any AGP'ers ever gotten SRS?
>>
>>6298964
If you're not wholesale against the AGP concept in one way or another - routinely.

If you mean people posting here, I think at least a couple have chimed in.
>>
>>6298964
check out http://deploy.loveisover.me/lgbt/thread/5788347

interestingly in finding that thread i found out we had an agp gen like two years ago too...
http://archive.loveisover.me/lgbt/thread/3130320/
>>
>>6299904
>http://archive.loveisover.me/lgbt/thread/3130320/

Good Lord, the "men trapped in men's bodies" pdf is still a live o_o

noice
>>
Should I search for men to have sex with on grindr or whatnot or should I fight my urges?
>>
>>6303516
My experiments with feminization ended up with dissapointment. I bet experiments with men will also lead to dissapointment.
>>
>>6303516
Why shouldn't you?

If you want to... just try to be safe.
>>
>>6303562
Maybe if I will indulge in it, it will grow.
And next thing will be transitioning.
>>
>>6303583
My PERSONAL OPINION is that you should indulge in it without letting it become an obsession/addiction.

You should also try liking your male self to whatever extent you can.
>>
>>6303992
Okay, I will explore it, but avoid getting addicted to it.
>>
Okay, grindr makes me feel sick
>>
>>6295709
>Broadly, sexual or nonsexual arousal to the thought of oneself as a woman

Isn't every mtf AGP by that definition?
>>
>>6304743
apparently not, the other kind is supposed to be fueled by hardcore dysphoria and very early and obvious femmyness.

But I don't trust cookie cutters, people are people.
>>
>>6304605
Yeah. If you wanna fuck a guy then go outside and meet someone. Grindr is AIDS/rape city.
>>
File: reddit.png (25 KB, 715x147) Image search: [Google]
reddit.png
25 KB, 715x147
>tfw you posted that book
>tfw you got someone to transition
>>
>>6305137
Keeek
It's just like /pol/ fears, you tranny devil spreading your disease
>>
>>6305090
I found some creepy guy. He wanted to do gross homo things with me.
I just wanted sort of roleplay.
I think AGPs are not regular homosex people. So ordinary homosex is not for them.
>>
>>6305090
Also I think it is hard to find people into your fetish just by going outside.
I thought internet is more safe than a public toilet and so on.
>>
>>6305532
On the bright side I'm sure now I'm not homo.
On grindr I feel sick. And looking for girls makes me happy.
Just projecting object of my hetero desire on myself.
I think it's the meaning of AGP.
Also now I know how creepy is to be desired by some gross guy.
>>
File: 1457901009841.jpg (9 KB, 229x251) Image search: [Google]
1457901009841.jpg
9 KB, 229x251
>>6305553
Well actually you're still a homo since you're a girl who likes other girls
>>
>>6305646
>son are you gay?
>chill dad I like girls
>>
>>6305646
Hey I'm not a girl
Remember:
*AGPs are not trans*
they are fetishists
>>
>>6305137
converting the hons?
>>
>>6305553
I'm not even into guys myself, but in the interest of fairness, Grindr is the absolute bottom of the barrel when it comes to guys. Even straight women who were very into guys would be grossed out if they got that sort of attention. There might be other types of experiences with other types of guys that you would enjoy.
>>
>>6305716
Que no los dos?
>>
>>6306078
jajajajajajajajajja

Well played, Z. 7u7

-Not all AGP are trans
-Not all trans are AGP
>>
>>6305137
I hate that book. The ending was awful and the protag was unlikable as fuck, yet I keep circling back around to some of the stuff in it from time to time. I had a dream last night that someone like the protag pretty much walked up and went "you're a trans girl, it's so obvious" and laid out a bunch of shit that made it pretty irrefutable to everyone, but I just felt full of hate and disgust at the very real possibility that that's what I might be.

I don't know what to make of that, but I feel a bit of resentment towards that novel for even planting the idea.
>>
>>6308440
Hahaha, another one memed into being a tranny
>>
>>6308640
Soon every man will be AGP. The plan is coming to fruition.
>>
>>6308440
If you aren't trans, then what are you?
>>
>>6308716
he's just a fetishist silly!
>>
>>6308776
She's just a fetishist*
>>
I fell for the hormones meme lads. It was AGP that did it. Even if I was also depressed before at least I was outwardly normal and not terrible looking. Now I'm a freakish mess. How do I stop? I've tried just doing it cold turkey but I always came crawling back. Should I just look for regular drug addiction resources? Wean off over time?
>>
>>6309521
Protip: read about what AGP actually means. For some it might be just a fetish but for many it eventually leads to the development of a female sexuality identity. Blanchard, the man who invented the term, said that transitioning might help some adults suffering from it, so long as they are screened carefully.

Did you see a therapist? What did they say?
>>
>>6309521
where are you hons even getting hormones from?
>>
what do I even do about agp thoughts mixed with tranny thoughts ?

transition is scary but i don't think I can deal with not doing it
>>
>>6295870
>>6295972

Hahaha my bad just googled fatalism, no I meant being more accepting of death.

>>6297045

>hatred/stigma of fetishism

This one is really important, normies would crucify AGPs if they weren't so in the dark. I'm shocked that AGP is not widely known. Granted if AGP was portrayed positively by liberals maybe we'd be ok after all. Really in essence its an intense need to be a woman, normies might have trouble understanding how thats somehow different from an HSTS.

>>6297035

>He has never implied this nor suggested that HSTS are "more transgender" than AGP.

To be fair, Blanchard probably doesn't view either HSTS or AGPs as women.

>>6305553

Do you self insert as female when watching porn? Does the thought of pleasuring a man turn you on?

>>6305532

Local LGBT bar is probably the place to check out.
>>
>>6311110
>To be fair, Blanchard probably doesn't view either HSTS or AGPs as women.
Unpopular view, but neither do I. I view them as third gender members, somewhere between male and female. A ton of societies have third genders. If our society was accepting of that I think a lot more people would admit to it. Nothing wrong with being a hybrid so long as you don't harm anyone.
>>
>>6311110
Also, see
>>6309562
re: one group being more legitimate than the other.
>>
>>6308716
I don't know anymore. Even if I am trans, I think I'd be the absolute last person to admit it, much less do anything about it. I don't really feel like my life belongs to me in the first place; it's very rare I do things just for myself out of fear of making things difficult for others. Being trans would basically be not just doubling down on the shame of AGP, but also making that public, ruining my own reputation and guaranteeing I ruin someone else's day just by existing. Being trans, as far as I can tell, effectively overwrites everything else you do in people's minds. That's not how I want people to think of me, especially considering I'm not sure that's what I am and that the feedback would be almost universally negative outside of a few friends, who would likely hug box me for a bit before pushing me back out once I becomes clear that being trans would not mean I'm going to commit to LGBT political groupthink.
>>
>>6297994
Holy shit, hi me! Though please don't call me 'bro'. I'd like to hear more about you please! Also, did you transition??
>>
>>6311173
Third sex.
>>
>>6312055
I think a lot like you. But reading it from an outside perspective shows me how we might be running our chances at happiness. I used to be always on edge all the time with everyone. But since I've been accepting myself I've been able to just let go and enjoy even the smallest things in life. Plus I used to play a lot of video games, and my focus during the day was all about the games. But now that I've turned my focus towards myself I've realized how I've been playing it all wrong.
>>
>>6295709
Is it possible to be gay and end up getting both AGP and AAP?

I know if you go by Blanchard AAP can't exist and you can't be AGP unless you're faking your orientation.

That doesn't make sense, no AAP is nonsense and I know of plenty of solidly gay, men, masc and fem that might get turned on by crossdressing sex.

Are there any better theories that can acomodate AAP&AGP being muddled or is that Canadian loon the only one to have tried?
>>
>>6309562
Yeah I know what it means. I'm not one of the "evil Blanchard" haters or anything, I get it. I'm not even terribly AGP anymore in the sense that I don't get super hard about it anymore (although I've always had problems with arousal) but the pathways to try for that are still there. I feel like I'm basically asexual at this point... I'm scared about what happens, for different reasons in any case I guess.
I've seen several therapists, they're overall pretty useless in that they basically expect me to do everything when I can just do that myself anyway. The latest seemed to be suggesting she thought I could be a tranny, but idk, she's humoring my thoughts on sex addiction. But even that feels off because it's really problems with arousal

>>6310909
internet
>>
File: zoisite_chibi.jpg (17 KB, 236x307) Image search: [Google]
zoisite_chibi.jpg
17 KB, 236x307
>>6312266

Hi there mimic! ://D

Ok, no bro, no prob :) Are you the same anon I was replying to in >>6297994 or not?

I have no plans on transitioning. I don't really find myself in either trans narratives. But I do get off to AGP. And it used to be disturbing. Transitioning would land me squarely into AGP transbian hon territory, and that's 1) Scary as shit 2) 300% not worth sacrificing my willy to. I'm aware what I just said is transphobic in itself, and that makes me sad, but I'm not going to delude myself either.

I've always been dodging the "stereotypical male" cookie cutter, but that also means I'm not going to fall for any other one. And I think the theories about AGP are spot on where they're pointing to, but they're freaking incomplete; and understate, confound and misdirect a shitton of stuff. And entirely forget about AAP in females, which I think is *integral* to understanding the whole picture (how the fuck are you going to understand men wanting to be women without looking at women wanting to be men?!)

I've always been aware, and most people close to me have also been, of a tendency to both consciously and subconsciously "mimick" or "take example from" females instead of males. I didn't repress it - at least as a rule - but still I couldn't make sense out of it, just acknowledge it and feel out of place.

I have also always found gender-bender stuff all-around captivating, as an exercise in freedom, creativity, expression, sexuality, awareness of self and others, communication, art...

My voice in my head has also expressed itself in both a male-like way and a female-like way since lonnnng years ago.

Long post is long, but I don't want to keep rambling by myself so I'll wait for your reply.

I think the underlying psychology of AGP can be a very positive thing, it's just very hard to find out what the fuck to do with it because it's entirely misunderstood/unknown.
>>
>>6312283

You read like a wise one *__*

>>6312328

I say everything you say is entirely possible.

AAP in women is completely real.

I think AAP in men and AGP in women would be better understood as autoeroticism, but that doesn't mean it should be looked into in relation to crossgender AGP/AAP, after all both are manifestations of autoeroticism.
>>
>>6312719
No im not that anon, i just happened upon this thread and saw your post.
I guess i see a few diferences between us though. I am willing to cut my willy off. Its not a bad willy or small or anything like that, but if i decided to transition, ide probably cut it off considering i don't even like using it.

I've had a few people in the past point out me acting fem or faggy, and it made me uncomfortable so i avoided it. Nothing worse than being homo in the deep south.

>I have also always found gender-bender stuff all-around captivating, as an exercise in freedom, creativity, expression, sexuality, awareness of self and others, communication, art...
I've also was very obsessed with gender bender stuff since the day i found out about it. But not sexually, and not in an art form like you seem to describe it. I've just fantasized about becoming a girl and having to live life like that, even falling in love with a man. But like you said, Im already taller than all the females i know (except a few black women), and im not interested in becoming a hon.

But, if you were guaranteed to pass and be attractive, would you do it? Would you cut off your "ulrich von liechtenstein" if that was to price to become indistinguishable from any other woman?
also
>how the fuck are you going to understand men wanting to be women without looking at women wanting to be men?!
I've read recently about the different changes that occure, from womb till death, in the male brain. Not only is testosterone masculanizing our brains from conception, but other hormones de-feminize our brains, preventing the expression of fem related expressions. Many structures of our brain are enlarged and the way we think compared to girls is largely different. I don't think that it can be this cut and dry though. It would take a person of incredible intellectual capacity to understand brains like ours, because their minds would have to be smarter than ours, to understand ours.
>>
File: 1463726635946.jpg (412 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1463726635946.jpg
412 KB, 1680x1050
What is the difference between AGP and gender dysphoria?
>>
>>6312849
>No im not that anon, i just happened upon this thread and saw your post.

I'm just as glad :)

>I guess i see a few diferences between us though.

To be expected, it's the coincidences what are surprising. But both at the same time make me feel like I'm on the right track with my understanding of AGP and related stuff.

>Would you cut off your "ulrich von liechtenstein" if that was to price to become indistinguishable from any other woman?

Hmmm being indistinguishable... that's not really my focus, I guess.

This might sound like crazy ramblings but this is how it is for me:

If I turned myself into a woman I'd have the same feelings of being locked, restrained, inadequate - just in a different form, and at great cost. I'd still have trouble properly animating my body under some circumstances, maybe more. I'd have to relearn a lot of stuff. It's irreversible.

When I was little, I had a lot of intrusive ideas about genital (and otherwise!) mutilation, and let me tell you they were ANYTHING but desires - they terrified me, I didn't want anything like that to happen, but still those ideas kept popping again and again and again into my mind. Along years I learned to not be disturbed by them and eventually they faded (almost) completely. I still have gross ideas about self-mutilation veeeery occasionally but it's "Eww. My mind's at it again. What a bore."

So... letting myself be cut, purposely? Fat fucking chance. I'm totally OK with people doing it, but it's certainly not for me. I'm not adverse to the idea of having sex with trans persons as long as I find them attractive, but I'm not a chaser either. I do appreciate the diversity in sexuality and gender expression.

+++moar
>>
>>6312849

>if you were guaranteed to pass and be attractive, would you do it?

In all likelihood, no.

What would I really do?
If I could reliably make people feel confused about my gender, I really would. Even if I could only pull it off from time to time. I doubt this is possible for me, but it still merits further research.

Fuck, I wouldn't even bother correcting people about pronouns or gendered words, and in spanish they're MUCH more common (adjectives are gendered, "we"/plural "you" are gendered). I'd just roll with whatever people threw at me. In fact, I barely even bother correcting myself or others with the odd random gender mistake.

Maybe when I grow old I'll look like some sort of manlady, then I might try pulling off "are you grandma or grandpa?"

I'd also crossdress if I had a reason - such as cosplay shenanigans, or a sexual partner wanting it. But I feel no particular desire to crossdress just for myself.

The One Thing I'm SERIOUSLY considering is voice training. Even if the farthest I can get is andro or tranny voice. That way I could express my thoughts closer to how I think them. And anyways my voice is jumping all the time from tender to ruff, I could use some more control over it.

>I've had a few people in the past point out me acting fem or faggy, and it made me uncomfortable so i avoided it. Nothing worse than being homo in the deep south.

My environment is more tolerant, I'm not gay and hardly ever mistaken for gay (sometimes it happens), and from time to time I actually get validated >>6303660 .

>neurology of gender
I'm personally more interested in social and education factors, but I have nothing against biological research (and no fear of it). I don't think either alone would paint a complete picture.

>It would take a person of incredible intellectual capacity to understand brains like ours, because their minds would have to be smarter than ours, to understand ours.

I've thought that tons of times o_o
>>
>>6313699
AGP -> you fantasize you're a woman

dysphoria -> you can't stand your body and its sexual characteristics
>>
>>6312849
>I've also was very obsessed with gender bender stuff since the day i found out about it. But not sexually, and not in an art form like you seem to describe it. I've just fantasized about becoming a girl and having to live life like that, even falling in love with a man. But like you said, Im already taller than all the females i know (except a few black women), and im not interested in becoming a hon.
I'm that other person in who's stead you are responding. It is really interesting to compare our experiences. Up until relatively recently it was always a sexual thing for me but over the last whatever years I've slowly come to desire to transition even in non-sexual ways. I'd absolutely take the chance, but I'm really disturbed by how despite really wanting to be a woman I'm also slightly turned on by the thought.
>>
>>6312283
I've actually gone a bit in the other direction lately; I used to be really big into games, then stopped for the most part after college. Lately I've been playing a lot more just because it's an escape from the current social/political climate, which is pretty much a lose-lose situation to me to even engage with at all, because I can't say what I believe without pissing people off, and saying what others want me to say would pit me against one half or the other of my social circle. I'm more on edge around people than I've been in a long time, because every time I speak my mind I seem to lose friends, and I'm a stay-at-home researcher, so I don't exactly gain them very often.

I'd think I'm ruining my chance at happiness too if my happiness registered as very important to me at all. Maybe it does in a way, since I always feel like I need to be doing things to make other people happy, but I'd file that under "satisfied" more than "happy." More often than not, I do what I'm told or say what I'm expected to because I think it'll make people like me, unless those things run counter to my own deeply held beliefs.

I think that's part of what really rattled me about that dream - I'd never label myself trans on my own, but if a bunch of other people who I trusted and cared about did, what choice would I have, even if I didn't feel sure about it myself? I actually think that might even be where part of this AGP stuff came from in the first place, because my parents put a lot of pressure on me to think and act certain ways even if they said they would be ok with me doing things my own way. I accidentally learned to masturbate at a very young age and thought "well this must be what it's like to be a girl" and that might have shaped my sexual desires while also giving me a fantasy of a way to escape that social pressure that I don't think I'll ever get away from - my sexual fantasies are the only place where it's all about me and only me. I despise myself for that.
>>
>>6313941
>If I turned myself into a woman I'd have the same feelings of being locked, restrained, inadequate - just in a different form, and at great cost. I'd still have trouble properly animating my body under some circumstances, maybe more. I'd have to relearn a lot of stuff. It's irreversible.

Yes! Thats it! I've been thinking about transitioning for a while, but something was scratching me at the back of my mind telling me nothing will be different. But now, because of your post, i realize that not much would change, i would just be restricting myself in other areas.

I think If i was born female, I would probably have similar thoughts about not being able to experience male life. I think there is potentially a lot more in life than being male or female, and I can get a brain transplant im not looking to destroy this body.
>>
>>6314110
>I'd also crossdress if I had a reason - such as cosplay shenanigans, or a sexual partner wanting it. But I feel no particular desire to crossdress just for myself.

I've never really crossdressed, but i've wanted to for a while now. I even want to buy some makup but cant get over the awkward store experience of standing in front of people and browsing makeup. I'de wear girls cloths if i could, but i do alot of manual labor at work and have gained alot of muscle lately. How do you dress normally? Kinda gender neutral? Or masc?

also
>My environment is more tolerant, I'm not gay and hardly ever mistaken for gay
i get suspected all the time for the stupidest stuff, like wearing a v neck. Like, what? But i do think im probably bi, so maybe im accidentally flirting with the cute guys.
>>
>>6315275
don't you know how to buy shit online?
>>
>>6314470
>I've slowly come to desire to transition even in non-sexual ways.
I have begun to think this way also. Like, if i passivly imagine how i look just going about my buisness, i think about looking feminine. It's even getting to the point in which i see my masc features, like big hands or large biceps, and despise them.

>I'm really disturbed by how despite really wanting to be a woman I'm also slightly turned on by the thought.
I think im coming across alot of supressed memories thanks to this thread, but because of church shenanigans or something, I was always paranoid god or someone was constantly watching me. I was constantly putting elec. tape on the webcam on my laptop and stuff like that. I even had trouble washing myself in the shower because i thought i was being watched throughout my entire childhood. I have tried crossdressing once or twice during childhood, like putting on a girly shirt and trying to make it look like i have boobs. But i realized how disgusting it looked because i was a guy and pretty much repressed it. About a year and a half ago, i baught some women panties for whatever reason while shopping for groceries and had never had a bigger rush. It was the strangest experience, like even my first kiss wasn't this exciting. So i ended up wearing them and jacking off because of how turned on i was. But after doing that once or twice, it got boring. Then i just liked wearing them and the sexual aspect went away (and threw them out so no one found out). I believe my personal restriction (i.e. "forbidden fruit") is what caused the sexual feelings. Maybe if you just dress up a few times it'll feel more normal.
>>
>>6314776
>I'd never label myself trans on my own, but if a bunch of other people who I trusted and cared about did, what choice would I have, even if I didn't feel sure about it myself?

I think this is what people like us want. I think that we want to be validated to being trans. If i decided to see a therapist, i'de be afraid that i would be subconsciously trying to get the conclusion i want out of them. I don't think i would actually be able to call myself trans unless someone else came to that same conclusion without my influence.

>I accidentally learned to masturbate at a very young age and thought "well this must be what it's like to be a girl"
...do you mean analy? I remember finding my parents porn at like 11 yo, and jacking off way before puberty. But how did that make you feel like a grill?
>>
>>6315279
yea, but i like to try on my clothes first and see what looks good. Plus i have a nosy roomate. Im going to get close to a female friend and ask her to get some stuff for me.
>>
>>6314134

It's actually even more complex than this. Instead of a complete transformation fantasy, AGP can simply be a drive to incorporate more femininity into one's life. For example wearing womens clothing, having long hair, doing yoga, body hair removal, sex with men etc. guys doing these things aren't nesscesarily AGP, but AGP can be a motivator.

Dysphoria can also be more complex than the physical body. It can also involve social and hormonal dysphoria.

>If I turned myself into a woman I'd have the same feelings of being locked, restrained, inadequate - just in a different form, and at great cost. I'd still have trouble properly animating my body under some circumstances, maybe more. I'd have to relearn a lot of stuff. It's irreversible.

Deep down this is my concern too, I think people like us would be better suited as non-binary/genderfluid rather than fullblown female.
>>
>>6314776
>I'm more on edge around people than I've been in a long time, because every time I speak my mind I seem to lose friends,

Aw this sounds so sad and stressful ;__; why???

>I'd never label myself trans on my own, but if a bunch of other people who I trusted and cared about did, what choice would I have

Damn, never really thought about it like that beyond "I'd never label myself on my own" but... still, sounds relatable.

>>6315261
>I think If i was born female, I would probably have similar thoughts about not being able to experience male life.

I've thought this a shitton of times. And I know several grills who feel like this for different reasons. All of them take on at least some masc traits, and plenty of neutral ones. It makes them happier and more themselves. At least one acknowledges that if she was actually a guy, she'd feel the same just the other way around.

> I think there is potentially a lot more in life than being male or female.

Yes. This shit runs deep but it doesn't automatically overwrite every other concern or interest. And gender as a constraining category is just... well, crap.

>brain transplant

What O_o Maybe some day, but I'm not sure whether that'll be available within our lifetimes.

>>6315275
I've never crossdressed either. I'm also not particularly into make-up (on myself or others). My looks have usually ranged from total weirdo to extremely plain. Going really masc feels like donning a costume - I enjoy it from time to time, it CAN indeed feel cool; but if I'm pressed into it or it's mandatory I feel awkward, shameful, self-conscious. I guess I dress from masc to gender neutral but adding odd details here and there that usually neither gay nor het guys do. Still trying to figure that kind of thing out, maybe it'll be like that forever.

>i get suspected all the time for the stupidest stuff
We *do* make genderdars beep. If the general populace where you live all can think of is "let's lynch some faggots and dykes"...
>>
>>6315317
>>I'd never label myself trans on my own, but if a bunch of other people who I trusted and cared about did, what choice would I have, even if I didn't feel sure about it myself?
>I think this is what people like us want. I think that we want to be validated to being trans. If i decided to see a therapist, i'de be afraid that i would be subconsciously trying to get the conclusion i want out of them. I don't think i would actually be able to call myself trans unless someone else came to that same conclusion without my influence.

I think you're onto something here...

What if people validated the ways in which AGP shows through your behavior, but validating it *in itself*, not as anything in particular? Or if some people validated it as one thing and others as a different thing.

What if your flirts/partners specifically validated "not being like the other guys", "being more female-like in certain aspects" ? What if your sexual partners were into switching roles in varying aspects?

>>6315918

Ha ha ha ha. I'm 100% with you on all you said.

>AGP can simply be a drive to incorporate more femininity into one's life.

This is how it is for me :)

>Dysphoria can also be more complex than the physical body. It can also involve social and hormonal dysphoria.

You're totally right and maybe I shouldn't have given such a short answer.

I don't really know if it fits the bill, nor do I care that much, but I can't help balking at most stereotypically masculine social stuff. Pretty much the same with stereotypically feminine though.

>I think people like us would be better suited as non-binary/genderfluid rather than fullblown female.

Regarding facts, I think you're spot on, even if I support people going full trans if that's what they want.

But consider this... what's the point of gender fluidity, blurring, non-bynariness... if it becomes just another label? Another tool for people to pin you down and lay expectations on you. Wouldn't that be self-defeating?
>>
>>6315317
No, nothing like that. I just learned that grinding on things felt good at a very young age, and being a child I somehow associated it with those shitty cartoon eps where guys would become girls and figures that would be what it felt like. Its been a part of my sexuality ever since and eventually evolved into full blown AGP.

>>6316190
Just the current political climate. People tend to not enjoy being told they're wrong. My friends are deeply entrenched on the left, my family on the right, and I'm in the middle, so anything I say tends to be seen as a betrayal to one side or the other.

>>6316293
I'd imagine I'd feel the same way I do now - frustrated and unsure. I'm not even certain people knowing I'm AGP without labeling me as trans is possible or even desirable. Being a non-trans AGP is basically like admitting "yeah I'm pretty much a total failure of a male in the bedroom who is sexually incompatible with 99% of the human race." I'd *love* to meet a girl who was into role switching, but I don't think they exist, and I worry I might not even be capable of getting off without it. The last time I had sex I couldn't even finish - giving the girl oral was arousing, doing the rest of the work not so much. If she had known what I wanted, it probably would've ended right then and there. What good is a man who can't be a man in bed? It'd be like buying a tool kit and being told there's no screwdrivers or hammers - the other tools could be masterpieces but the kit itself is worthless.
>>
>>6315918
> AGP can simply be a drive to incorporate more femininity into one's life
not really dude, not if there's no sexual component
>>
>>6318020
not him, but i've definitely been more attracted to fem things since accepting my agp or whatever. I don't have much of a sexual component to it since ive stopped masturbating and looking at porn.
>>
>>6316564

Damn. That's tough but don't hate yourself! ;____;

Is it really that bad for you?

Do you think... maybe if you were allowed to freely play a receiving/feminine role, you would feel more comfortable playing a giving/masculine role?

>I'm not even certain people knowing I'm AGP without labeling me as trans is possible or even desirable.
It's not like you have to go around shouting it :S

>I'd *love* to meet a girl who was into role switching, but I don't think they exist
They DO exist. Not common, though. Look out for tomboys that are into guys. Near-lesbians and girly-but-not-prissy might be up for it too.

>giving the girl oral was arousing, doing the rest of the work not so much.
Well not all sex is penis-in-vagina. If you are so anxious about penetrating people why not... focus on pleasuring your partner with oral and masturbation stuff; you'll feel good about it and you can get off later. And maybe since they didn't have the full menu they'll come for more...?

IDK, going down on girls is my #1 favourite sexual number, penis-in-vagina is very pleasurable but more of an "itch I have to scratch"

>If she had known what I wanted
>What good is a man who can't be a man in bed?

What did you actually want?

What prevents you from banging them silly? You don't like using your dong, anxiety, particular requirements, something else? Do you actually want to put your dick inside girls or not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-o8pTi6vd8&list=PLB7TdBIVYX-Cb32GKHHQGfJ6ZqfLwJiko&index=19
>>
>>6318075
i just take issue with this whole nonbinary/genderfluid/tumblr bullshit that's been being pushed in here
it just sounds like you're not really agp anymore
>>
>>6318155
I think we're just confused. I know i want to be a girl more than a guy, but i feel like im being very level headed and realistic about my expectations and don't want to regret anything. I can't speak for any of these other people, but if i can get by without transitioning and acting fem, i think i might just be happy. But sometimes i still have breakdowns.
>>
>>6318145
forgot to namefag

>>6318020
>> AGP can simply be a drive to incorporate more femininity into one's life
>not really dude, not if there's no sexual component
>>6318075
>not him, but i've definitely been more attracted to fem things since accepting my agp or whatever. I don't have much of a sexual component to it since ive stopped masturbating and looking at porn.

It definitely doesn't need an overt sexual component.

Also, what's a "sexual component" and what's so bad about it?

If my chest hair is showing and I'm feeling attractive and comfortable about it, to what extent is it sexual? (Yes, I like my chest hair)
If I'm wearing a t-shirt of a fabric I like against my skin, is it sexual?
When sports guys shave their legs, is it sexual? (I don't do that)
If I want to remove the hairs on my fingers because they're scraggly and I don't like them, is it sexual?
If I want to do weird things to my hair, is it sexual?

Managing one's appearance usually has sexual components because most people want to be attractive to their prospective mates AND feel good while doing it.
>>
>>6318247
I don't know, I like the idea of being attractive for myself more than for someone else. It does feel good to be attractive in a non sexual way.
>>
>>6318020

Not according to Blanchard. AGP is a relationship with oneself being the qt 3.14 girl. A man doesn't always have a hardon when he's with his gf/waifu pillow, so why should an AGP?
>>
>>6318244
are you agp or just a tranny?
>>
>>6318155

>nonbinary/genderfluid/tumblr bullshit

Will you feel better if I assure you:
-That I have no intention of introducing myself as a sexual orientation/gender combo
-That IDGAF about pronouns
-That I only ever access tumblr looking for pr0n?

>it just sounds like you're not really agp anymore

Why? For me it's all clearly related.

>>6318263
Well I like that too, and it's not even like I'm a flirty person, but I want to be attractive to others, sexually and non-sexually.

>>6318297
I am 29 and what's this qt 3.14 idiom
>>
>>6318247
nothing's bad about it

none of what you mentioned has anything to do with agp
>>
>>6318155

The nb/gf/tumblr bullshit for younger males is a awesome way to express their AGP even though they don't even realise it. I grew up with crossdresser vs transexual and much later learned about AGP.

>I am 29 and what's this qt 3.14 idiom

32 here lol its a bullshit 4 chanism. It means cutie pie.
>>
>>6318339
>none of what you mentioned has anything to do with agp

Exactly, they don't, that's the point.

If I choose certain items of apparel over others, certain gestures, ways of carrying myself or addressing people, ways of touching people, sexual activities; it's because they turn the AGP from:

"female voice trying her damnedest to posess me, make me hate my body and obsess over drawing hentai"

to

"feeling good about myself, making sense out of myself, starting to learn what it is that people actually like about me... with the addition of a casual kink"

Why do soccer guys shave their legs, why do mature ladies like short hairdos, or why women like eye shadow I don't rightly know, but I presume it's some sort of variation on:

1) They like how they look like that
2) They make more likely that the kind of persons they like will like them back.
>>
>>6318425
ok? then why are you here? seriously you're just shitting up a once good general
btw last post to you because i'm filtering
>>
>>6318301
i dont know. Why are you asking me? Im starting to think im a tranny, but im no expert.
>>
>>6318382
Oh of course "pi" sounds like "pie"... it sounds like "pee" but shorter in my head, not native english.

Thx

>The nb/gf/tumblr bullshit for younger males is a awesome way to express their AGP even though they don't even realise it. I grew up with crossdresser vs transexual and much later learned about AGP.

I have grown up with NUTHIN except lack of repression. But I don't have a drive to crossdress anyways.

I agree it's probably doing some good; and this issue is certainly more important than whether tumblr rules or stinks.
>>
>>6318431
because
>I know i want to be a girl more than a guy
>I don't have much of a sexual component
>ive stopped masturbating and looking at porn

sounds pretty "trutrans" honestly. not that if you were agp you couldn't also be trans. did it used to be sexual for you and that just stopped? hormones?
>>
>>6318448
>did it used to be sexual for you and that just stopped?
I bought some panties once and it was pretty hawt. There have been some instances were i've gotten turned on by it in the past, but not anymore. And no, not on whore moans. Thinking about it though. I just don't know yet so im going to start experimenting with cross-dressing again, and come out to someone.
>>
File: jeep-wheelie-haters-gonna-hate.gif (1 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
jeep-wheelie-haters-gonna-hate.gif
1 MB, 400x300
>>6318429
>>
>>6318145
It's probably not as bad as I make it sound, but I get sort of lost in my own head with stuff like this since I discuss it with absolutely no one and that probably cranks the melodrama a bit. I'm not sure how I'd feel about being more comfortable playing a giving role by being allowed to receive; I'm actually very comfortable in the giving role since I have a sort of "live to serve" mindset. If anything, that makes others doting on me feel uncomfortable since I immediately assume I've shown a weakness that needs accommodation. Oddly enough, I still kind of like that discomfort in some cases. Hard to explain.

As for finding girls willing to put up with me, I know the types I like and know they're more likely to do what I need them to, but they don't like me. I'm too uptight and straight-laced. I'd go so far as to describe myself as "conservative" if that meant "cautious and understated" to people like it should rather than "wears a MAGA hat unironically."

Sexually, I need to be treated like a stereotypical girl. I'm a total sub; I want to be used and controlled, maybe tied up. I put so much effort into having control of my life that the idea of losing it in the bedroom is an incredibly erotic thrill. I treat PiV as an anatomic necessity, but the last couple of times I've had sex I just didn't feel turned on much at all while doing it. I felt like I was just doing some awkward manual labor with no emotion; it didn't turn me on much at all and I couldn't finish. That's part of why I'm here - I don't know if I'm sexually defective, a fetishist, trans, or what.
>>
>>6318657
Do you want to be a girl?
>>
>>6318657
And just to be clear - if I could be a girl just in the bedroom, I absolutely would. The idea of being sexually attractive as a male is something I just flat out don't understand. To be aroused in any sexual situation, I have to imagine myself as a girl at this point, and frankly that scares the shit out of me.
>>
You're a crossdresser
>>
>>6318684
Because you want to be submissive or a girl? All else equal would you rather have a male body or a female body in the bedroom?
>>
>>6318716
Both, I think. All things equal I'd definitely rather be a girl in the bedroom though. Not only would I be free of all the awkward pressure and expectations I currently feel, it'd greatly increase the chances of a girl seeing me as an equal and not someone to be pitied or despised or feared.

Outside the bedroom? That I'm not so certain about, because I don't know if anything would actually change aside from my chances at building successful relationships actually existing again since I'd no longer be a defective example of my gender.
>>
>>6316564
Oddly enough, after transitioning MtF I've noticed that I'm still into role switching, just from the other perspective now. Starting to wonder if this means that I'm just into gender bending in general, and that female is more just what I like to be on a daily basis. Only 1 year HRT if that means anything.
>>
>>6318815
>l the awkward pressure and expectations I currently feel,
hmm, so is it actually because you prefer the body or just the typical sexual expectations?
>>
>>6318657
>I get sort of lost in my own head with stuff like this since I discuss it with absolutely no one
I feel like this sometimes too, but not as much lately, slowly over the last couple of years and sharply since I started reading and posting here and reading books about it too.

> If anything, that makes others doting on me feel uncomfortable since I immediately assume I've shown a weakness that needs accommodation. Oddly enough, I still kind of like that discomfort in some cases. Hard to explain.
...that's cute

>I know the types I like and know they're more likely to do what I need them to
What types do you like? :"3 For me it's pretty much what I already said.

>Sexually, I need to be treated like a stereotypical girl. I'm a total sub; I want to be used and controlled, maybe tied up.
That sounds totally tempting you know. ://}

>I don't know if I'm sexually defective, a fetishist, trans, or what

I'm with >>6318714, crossdresser and fetishist. But I wouldn't call you sexually defective, you just need to share it with someone who gets off to that. Easier said than done, but not impossible.

>>6318815

>all the awkward pressure and expectations I currently feel
Would you like to elaborate on this? It's OK if you don't.

>a girl seeing me as an equal and not someone to be pitied or despised or feared.
holy shit that's sad af
y so much rejection???
>>
>>6319176
Both, I think. I mean, it's natural that one would have to think of themselves as attractive to really enjoy sex with a partner, right? I don't particularly care for the idea of myself as a guy in sexual situations, which makes me feel kinda gross in a lot of cases unless I'm fantasizing.

>>6319375
>What types do you like?
Pretty much exactly the types you outlined. The problem is, they really don't like me, which makes sense. If you were all about self-expression and breaking traditional roles and got approached by someone as straight-laced as I am, it'd set off all kinds of red flags because people like me tend to come across as either wanting the other person to be a manic pixie dream girl or wanting to control them and make them something they're not (sort of like a reverse "good girl wants to fix bad boy" trope).

>Would you like to elaborate on this?
Imagine being between two people. On the left are your friends and about 99% of people your age, who are 100% behind modern feminism and all the casual "it's always the man's fault" mentality that entails, up to and including constantly talking about how "men need to be taught how not to rape" as if we have no moral agency of our own. On the right is your family, who scoffs at the idea of a man ever being anything less than a driving force who bends everyone to his will at all times, especially his SO. Both people are throwing punches aimed at your head. You can lean left or right to yield to the expectations of one side or the other, but it just means you're leaning into the other side's hit. Not trying to avoid it just means getting hit from two sides.

There is no win state. I always feel like I'm a defiler or a failure. Fantasizing about being female in my relationships is the only type of escapism that I know (and it turns me on), but back in reality, someone's gonna hit me sooner or later. If I were actually trans, it'd be like giving them guns instead.
>>
>>6319970
i'm drunk and that's rough m8
>>
>>6319970
i think i kinda get how you feel about being too """""""conservative"""""""" for people who would ever love you
>>
>>6319970
>defiler and enabler
Wow, you sound like my clone? Pretty much all the gender bullshit on both sides has damaged my brain permanently.
>>
>>6320104
>meant defiler and failure
>>
>>6296931
>paraphilia and only men can have those in any significant number
lmao
so all those perverted women with fucked up fetishes don't actually exist ?
>>
>>6320243
According to the psychologists? Yeah.
>>
>>6320861
Ah, the hard and exact """"science"""" of psychology, how could I ever doubt the consensus of experts in such a field.
>>
>>6320887
but it's Science! anon, how could you ever dispute them
>>
>>6320887
Yeah, I think that claim is kind of bullshit too but it was a key argument as to why AAP is not a thing. According to Blanchard gay men are men who are too feminine and transsexuals are MAXIMUM FEMININITY males if they are homosexual. Being like a woman explained being attracted to men. As non-homo transsexuals contradicted this he put them down as fetishists to force his theory make sense. As his own research did not point to women reporting having weird fetishes in any significant number in the 90s and earlier (wew) he concluded that AAP can't be real.

2013 interview with Blanchard: http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/heres-how-the-guy-who-wrote-the-manual-on-sex-talks-about-sex

>Do you think autoandrophelia, where a woman is aroused by the thought of herself as a man, is a real paraphelia?

>No, I proposed it simply in order not to be accused of sexism, because there are all these women who want to say, “women can rape too, women can be pedophiles too, women can be exhibitionists too.” It’s a perverse expression of feminism, and so, I thought, let me jump the gun on this. I don’t think the phenomenon even exists.

So at this point Blanchard reads like a nutcase to me but then I both experience dysphoria and get turned on by the classically described AGP thoughts so I don't know shit.
>>
>>6320861
Bullshit. Source?
>>
>>6321144
it's based on surveys dude
have you even read his paper?
>>
>>6321151
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraphilia#Epidemiology
"Research has shown that paraphilias are rarely observed in women."

The feminist in me thinks this is probably because women are heavily pressured to deny such thoughts and are socially punished for admitting to them.
>>
>>6321163
Is this re: women not reporting paraphilias or re: something else? If the former:
There are various reasons why surveyed individuals might lie. Hell, he concluded some transsexuals who denied AGP were lying as part of his thesis based on this very idea and proved that was the case via phallometry. He theorized that the reason was the attached social stigma.
>>
>>6321175
>Hell, he concluded some transsexuals who denied AGP were lying as part of his thesis based on this very idea and proved that was the case via phallometry. He theorized that the reason was the attached social stigma.
is that really farfetched though? standards have only become more lax and even now you see therapists denying people hormones if they ever mention anything hinting at agp. people discuss lying on this very board
>>
>>6296931
I would consider myself AAP
I pass as a teen boy right now (no t yet)
The thought of having a cock turns me on immediately, even just talking about it here is causing a lot of physical reactions.
I own a packer, and just wearing it turns me on beyond belief.
I don't know if I would transition full time, especially considering how awful FtM SRS is.
>>
>>6321184
I don't think that's farfetched at all. Which is why I also think it is not farfetched to believe that women drastically under-report paraphilias for similar reasons. Either that or AGP, being the mirror image of AAP, can't be rooted in just a paraphilia though that can still be a component.

I think the work he did showing that a lot of transsexuals exhibit arousal in the AGP pattern is valuable, especially since I'm a confused self-aroused basketcase trying to figure shit out. I'm not sure about his interpretation of that data though.
>>
>>6321186
It sucks that a lot of people deny you even exist. Be well Anon.
>>
File: facepalm-ernie.jpg (38 KB, 539x442) Image search: [Google]
facepalm-ernie.jpg
38 KB, 539x442
>>6320243
>>6320861
>>6320887
>>6321019
>>6321144

>mfw when pichologists say "but wimmen don't fetishist"
>mfw when pichologists say "but wimmen don't AAP"

I've tried to keep Blanchard out of my reading up on the subject because he was controversial...

Now I'm going to keep him out because it's pretty much evident the guy was an immense FAGGOT who power tripped over MtFs and probably hasn't ever listened throughout his entire life to what a cis woman or FtM had to say about anything.

Also, AAP is much more widely known than AGP - it's just not recognized for what it is most of the time.

>>6321186
Hello anon-kun! :"3
Is it too much to ask what sort of people are you into? Girls, guys, something else? What types?
Since when have you had this sort of feelings?
>>
>>6321734
It is a good idea to read the work of prominent authors even if you disagree with some of what they write. I feel like I learned a lot by reading of each side of the debate.
>>
>>6319970
>grills seeing one as MPDG chaser or fixer
Faultless logic, still sad AF.
Do you actually fit the bill of what they see you as?
Do you think that if they liked you, you'd like yourself more too?

>caught between manhaters and patriarchists
Looks like you're the Only Sane Man in a very bad predicament.

Have you considered moving elsewhere?
>>
>>6321761
In any case I'll do so after I've run dry of other shit to read on the subject.

It's not so much about me disagreeing with him and more about him disagreeing with reality
>>
>>6321814
Despite the flaws in his work it holds a certain part of the truth. He's not a dummy.
>>
>>6321824

I'm not saying his theory doesn't contain some truth, but the "no AAP" and "no fetishist wimmen" stupidity gets on my nerves to no end, not only because it reeks of macho prejudice, but also because it flies straight in the face of my life experience:

>1st ex g/f turned out to be an XBOX HUEG fetishist later down the road (tattooer, bdsm scene, flesh hooks performances, cam girl, porn camerawoman, who knows what else)
>2nd ex g/f higher sex drive than any man. Dunno about current fetishes because we don't speak to each other anymore, but likely
>Current g/f AAP and switching tomboy who seriously considers taking T
>AAP aunt
>female friends who are into topping guys in several senses
>etc.
>>
Started reading Genshiken thanks to this thread, 86 chapters in so far. I really identify with Hato. How many chapters in total are there?
>>
>>6322893

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Around 120 and counting

Genshiken has all-around lovable characters, but Hato gets the freaking cake.

qt 3.14 with mad skillz

psychology explored in exquisite detail and accounted for

simply adorable whichever way you look at him

total perv to boot <3

what's not to like?
>>
>>6323162

Yeah he's really great. I think I started at chapter 53 today and am up to 95 now. This is my first manga, really enjoying it.
>>
>>6321186
It's cases like yours that make me think auto-X-philias need to be studied in greater detail by people who aren't Blanchard. It makes me wonder if AGP/AAP should be treated as part of a trans spectrum. I'd never be so rude as to ask, but I'm fairly certain AAP was present in almost my entire circle of friends prior to their deciding they were FTM trans. One moment it was "muh yaois" and the next they have better facial hair than I do. That's part of why I refuse to admit I'm AGP to them - best case scenario I'll be pressured to transition, worst case the FTM who thumps the "teach men to not rape" drum will exploit my admission of weakness to stomp me into the dirt to assert his own newfound brand of masculinity.

>>6321796
That used to describe me, not anymore. I do my own thing, and when I see girls like that who are sort of striking out on their own, I want to support them, not become their inspiration for living like the boring MCs of those shitty films tend to. Feeling appreciated and liked makes me feel good, so if they accepted me as is, I think that'd do great things for me.

As for being the "one sane man," I don't know about that. I think I just have a unique way of viewing things based on my experiences being around two lifestyle extremes so often. Moving probably wouldn't fix much, and I actually rather like living in the moderate part of the southwest that I'm in (translation: I like my guns and lack of state income tax). Besides, I telecommute to work; moving would take me from "rarely meets new people but has a handful of friends" to "rarely meets new people, knows nobody" which isn't really an upgrade at all.
>>
>>6323618
how do you get a telecommute job?

>me think auto-X-philias need to be studied in greater detail
i agree
>>
>>6323210

Does this mean... Hato and OP took anon's manga virginity? ///>

Why 53? Was that when Hato gets into the picture?
he's the cutest trap ever

I'd go all MAI WAIFU over him but I'm not deranged enough

>>6323618 >>6323744
>auto-X-philias need to be studied in greater detail by people who aren't Blanchard. It makes me wonder if AGP/AAP should be treated as part of a trans spectrum.

abso fucking lutely need to research

Part of a trans spectrum... well, fuck, yes. But it encompasses more sexualities/presentations than those currently considered "trans spectrum" - i.e. it goes beyond transsexual, trap and crossdresser.

AGP/AAP is both part of the trans spectrum and also extends it beyond what has traditionally been considered "trans"

>reasons for not coming out to FtM fujoshis
Well, that's sad too but I can see your point.

Pressure to transition and pressure to NOT transition are potentially disastrous.
I still think there's a lack of options for people facing such troubles to legitimately explore.

>That used to describe me, not anymore. I do my own thing

That's great :)

>I think I just have a unique way of viewing things based on my experiences being around two lifestyle extremes so often.
We're all one-off weirdos here :3

>moving would take me from "rarely meets new people but has a handful of friends" to "rarely meets new people, knows nobody" which isn't really an upgrade at all.

Very reasonable and relevant
>>
>>6323888
>samefagging on trans spectrum:

That's actually a can of worms liable to upset a lot of people but... can't really help it I guess...
>>
>>6321734
I'm into any kind of person, but I best like girls (masc and femme) and femme boys. Although I do like bears sometimes.
Since I started having any sexual feelings at all, which was the beginning of puberty, around 10.
>>
>>6323923
Which is part of why I don't think that research will get done anymore. Not in the current political climate, especially when we ourselves will occasionally say things like
>FTM fujoshis

While I think those people may have been AAP, I do think we do the entire AAP/AGP community a disservice by effectively denying them what we often ask for ourselves and assert they decided they were trans because of yaoi, as if no AGP ever transitioned to fulfill their fantasies of being an anime girl. Correlation can't be confused with causation, and the fact that it is is why the LGBT community generally hates us.
>>
>>6324887
That's such a cute repertoire.

Masc girls girls turn me on to no end, but most of them are only into girls and not into me. Oh well, I can live with that.

Thanks for replying anon-kun :3

>>6325161
Should I have said FtM *fudanshis* O_o

Yeah guess I should have. But I SERIOUSLY wasn't trying to cast them in any negative light whatsoever.

Nor did I said they went FtM strictly because of yaoi. But I think I can pretty much easily figure out the appeal of yaoi to AAPs.

IDK around where you live but in geeky/nerdy circles around here, being into and/or producing erotic comics (of largely homosexual content or not) isn't something really frowned upon or kept hush-hush... as long as they try their best to not be sexist, otherwise people tend to stay more low-key in fear of stoning.

But ladies and the odd transguy gushing over yaoi ships, their newest BL mail-order acquisition, and being all over homoerotic media is entirely old news for me. I think it's cute. I myself have only enjoyed a couple of yaoi titles (so far), but I do have "yaoi goggles" too.

Also I am an avowed yurist, periodically I go into these yuri-fiending frenzies... so seeing "fujoshi" as an actual insult would be beyond hypocritical.

>Which is part of why I don't think that research will get done anymore.
I'm actually looking into CARRYING OUT such research.
>>
It's called being a fetishist. No need to come up with new medical conditions.
>>
Jesus christ, why do I want to be a lesbian so much? It's an insanely smaller dating pool, but I just feel so envious and like I'm missing out.
>>
>>6325790
because your attractions don't give a fuck about what's probably
>>
>>6325841
But I'm attracted to women either way. This whole thing is ridiculous and fucked up because it's a heterosexual relationship as a man that I should be wanting.
>>
>>6325848
well yeah i'm there with you man
i don't get it
>>
In light of some AAP folks coming here, shouldn't we make the thread title more inclusive?
>>
>>6326027
nah
>>
File: beyond_the_stars_13.jpg (84 KB, 728x1084) Image search: [Google]
beyond_the_stars_13.jpg
84 KB, 728x1084
>>6325563
Don't you think the "either fetishist or ill" dichotomy has done enough damage already, and that we could, you know, try to figure out it all without bashing ourselves right from the start?

>>6325790
>>6325841
>>6325848
>>6325892

Ha. Ha. Ha.

I know, right?

>tfw female bi friend introduces a girlfriend to you
>tfw she's cute af but wears a mannish watch and takes to be greeted like a man
>tfw she's outgoing and relatable
>tfw she also looks cool af in sport clothes

*//////////*

>>6326027
There has been an AAP thread too, but I'm all for putting "autoandrophiles welcome too :3 " in the OP itself
>>
>>6326927
I think that come next thread we should make one unified general. A*P? lol.
>>
>>6326949
You make it, I'll see you there :3

I already made this one lol, shouldn't hog

I think it's actually a good idea
>>
>>6326949
beware of flaming tho, I'm sure some will object.
>>
>>6326927
>tfw can't be cute af girl wearing guy clothes or pants and a blouse while still looking like a girl
>tfw not cute enough to wear whatever the fuck I want and still look good
The jelly is real
>>
>>6327650
I try no get jelly

But I've also been working hard on myself for long years already to no get jelly bout NUTHIN, cuz teh jellies royally screwed me through some of the best years of my life. Avoiding jealousy is very important for me all-around.

I just fawn over them discreetly and become their friend if they want to. Discreetly towards directly involved people, all my friends know I've got teh hots for lesbians, EVEN MORE SO for cute butches.

It's entirely pointless but what can I do? I like what I like. No use in feeling guilty about it. No use in denying it either because it eventually shows through. There's tons of reasons for people to be unavailable, all of which boil down to either "sorry, I don't like you" or "I do like you, but". Incompatible orientation is just one possible background for that.

But yeah.
>>
File: 1462773876373.png (942 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1462773876373.png
942 KB, 1280x720
>barely masturbate anymore
>still want to be a girl
>>
>>6332450
Congratulations, anon! You're a tranny!
>>
>>6332450
>tfw stopped masturbating to this shit because I felt like I was debasing myself by doing so
>Get less and less aroused by it as I go on longer without porn
oh god
what if the radfems are right and porn is evil
>>
>>6332460
i hate that you made me smile.. it doesn't really make sense though
and i'm afraid of becoming even more anorgasmic

>>6332485
ehhh, maybe. i was definitely addicted to porn for a while but in the past year or whatever it's been mostly my own fantasies that did it for me
>>
>>6332548
I decided to try and abstain for a few months to see how I feel. Honestly I'm kind of struck by the effect. I barely get turned on by non-sexual stuff after like a week.
>>
Porn isn't evil, but being Sir/Lady Fappalot, Wankmeister of Masturburg isn't exactly conducive to having a clear mind.

I also believe that such a thing as an unhealthily low fappage level exists.

It's OK to look at some porn, it's not so cool if you're actually hooked.

Coincidentally I have been laying off the porn for the most part lately, but it didn't actually have anything to do with AGP.
>>
>>6334630
>Critically low fappage
tfw you literally literally become Chad once you stop fapping.
>>
>>6332450
You can get an emotional attachment to the fantasies as well. The addiction is not only sexual / jack off centered. That's a common and harmful misconception.
>>
>>6336559
i don't see how it's harmful
>>
How many of you plan to give in to the hrt meme?
>>
File: 20160319_162154 - Copy.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160319_162154 - Copy.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>6338711
don't tell anyone
>>
is this where mtfs chase mtfs
>>
>>6341817
I wish
>>
>>6341940
why not tho
>>
>>6341946
because 90% of the thread is "but what is an mtf???"
>>
>>6343494
wat
>>
>>6343536
A lot of people ITT are caught in the weird position of both having the fetish and feeling like shit about being men but fearing changing their lives for the "wrong reasons".
>>
>>6343547
or for the consequences
>>
>>6343547
>fearing changing their lives for the "wrong reasons"

What are the wrong reasons for changing your life?
What are the wrong reasons for fearing it?

>>6343566
>or for the consequences

That sounds pretty rational
>>
>>6343946
This might sound rather esoteric but it is really important to some of us. If AGP is "only" a fetish then becoming a woman is lying to yourself and to others because you're inhumanly horny. If AGP can exist in parallel to a transsexual identity then you're just a perverted woman. Not ideal but palatable. Feeling like you have no sexual identity outside of having a fetish is awful.
>>
>>6344017
Not really esoteric, it's actually the OP here :)

It's mostly that I couldn't really decide if the "wrong reasons" in >>6343547 meant wrong reasons for changing OR for fearing change.

But please, go in depth about it if you feel like it x)

>Feeling like you have no sexual identity outside of having a fetish is awful.

I've heard that here before. I can relate to that, but only partially.
>>
File: 1461085145651.jpg (28 KB, 498x321) Image search: [Google]
1461085145651.jpg
28 KB, 498x321
>>6344017
>Feeling like you have no sexual identity outside of having a fetish is awful.
>>
>>6344084
>>6344113

B-but it's not *just* a fetish ;___;
>>
>>6344161
dang I samefagged hard

I wanted to link to >>6344017 not >>6344084(me)
>>
>>6344161
>>>6344084
>>>6344113
>B-but it's not *just* a fetish ;___;
What did she mean by this?
>>
>>6344208
Exactly what I said. That it isn't *just* a fetish.

It's a fetish, *too*.

It runs deeper than a fetish and not all its implications are sexual in nature.

It can give rise to personality and behavioral traits that aren't part of engaging in a fetish.

It carries overtones into romantic life that aren't part of engaging in a fetish.

I'm actually totally convinced that people can indeed READ us, it's just that they have no clue what they're reading us AS, and as such dismiss us as "false genderdar positives" or mistake us for gay/lesbian (which usually is not the case).
>>
but what if the memester is right
>>
>>6345897
which memester
>>
Bampu because there's agp talk in at least two other threads
>>
Is it possible for an autogynephile to be bisexual only to the extent of liking female features in themselves, and otherwise being completely (not just in the usual, superficial way) homosexual? Crossdressing and related fantasies do turn me on, but I can really only see myself having sex / being in a relationship with a man.
>>
>>6350940
I say why not.

I don't think it's useful to see AGP as a list of necessary and sufficient conditions that have to be met.

It's more like a range of interrelated traits, which can be absent or present in different intensities.

The terms themselves, autogynephilia, autoandrophilia, don't directly imply anything about the person's gender, sexual orientation, or trans/cis status.
>>
>>6326949
Waiting for this.
>>
>>6351140

Yes, I am too.

Why split when you can merge. Also there have been people of all stripes posting here, so encouraging it can't be bad.

I still think it's androphile's job to make the unified general. In the sense that it would be cool to have an androphile "do the honor".

Also I'm really interested in androphiles, both at a personal and theoretical level :"3
>>
>>6350940
Could you please rephrase this question?
>>
Is autoandrogynephilia a thing?
Like when people fantasize or get off to thinking about having little to no primary or secondary sex characteristics? Like... angels or something.
Or alternatively, having all primary and secondary sex characteristics? Kind of like futa.
Maybe this would explain why some people call themselves non-binary. Particularly if they medically transition to look more androgynous or neutral.
>>
>>6351140
No, agpg will stand. You can make another if you want
>>
>>6351524
I don't see why not
I've seen quite a few people who otherwise label themselves AGP fantasize specifically about being a dickgirl rather than a regular vagina female, not in the "I don't really mind my dick" way, but "it would be so cool to have boobs AND a dick"
>>
>>6351615
if you are the one who objected before, would you care to explain why you don't want a merged thread?
>>
>>6341817
>is this where mtfs chase mtfs
No that's /mtfg/ :p
>>
>>6352148

Oh!

So thats why there are SO MANY of them?!
>>
>>6352012
maybe you will stop posting here then :"3 7u7 ;///////;
>>
>>6352186
God damn it why the hell are you so salty about me?
>>
>>6352012
Because this is agpgen. Make an AAP general and talk about AAP issues there if you want, but we will have this gen just like we did long before that one dude showed up and started flooding it. It used to do a lot of good for people and I'm not going to let that go.
>>
>>6338711
why, are you thinking about it? or just going to call us trannies in denial: the thread?
>>
>>6352186
>>6352698

Sigh.

Point taken. It's not like a thread for AAP or both prevents the existence of this one. Also I have stated two times that I am *not* going to make a general for both.

Nor do I want to take over *anything* or ruin your experience.

Now, some questions:

>that one dude showed up and started flooding it
-Where else do you expect me to talk about this shit? Tumblr?
-Where else do you expect me to find people even remotely relatable to?
-I've tried my best to be accepting of everyone.
-Do you think I post too much? Do you think I post nonsense?

>It used to do a lot of good for people and I'm not going to let that go.
-Why doesn't it do anymore?
-Are you blaming me personally for it?
-Do you think I'm misleading people?
-You don't like the way I see AGP? (if it's that, PLEASE, let's theorize the shit out of it)

Really, complaining about namefagging, emoticons, and posting style (wtf?) is only enforcing standards.
Whatever your beef with me is, I'd like to know what it REALLY is - you know, maybe I see where I've been an idiot and why.

Seriously. All the pieces of the puzzle of my life suddenly fall in place and BAM, the fun police at my door.
>>
>>6352915
Le Sigh XD

Some *answers*:

It's painfully obvious when you post here because you have made no effort to learn the culture or you simply don't care as a part of your otherwise super special snowflake persona :_D. It's like you're the stereotypical loud, obese American tourist. Every time I see another post I want to claw my fucking eyes out.
That said, while I do think your *style* would be better suited to Tumblr or Reddit, I wouldn't wish those shitholes on many people. But I don't want this to turn into them; it's the only sane place I've found where I can talk about these things and I don't want to lose it. You may not realize it but it took a while for /agpg/ to become a thing. As a result, I am going to resist a lot of changes and will post it myself if necessary. I see the board culture as an important part of why this general and discussion can exist in the way it does.
I don't have a problem with posting nonsense or shitposting. I do have a problem with taking over discussion and constantly pushing opinions as fact. (I just checked, and in the last thread, posts under your name comprised over 20% of the total) Now this may not be your intention but it's how it comes across. If it was your intention, then fuck off because that's dumb.

Also learn to greentext jesus
>>
>>6352698
I think separating AGP and AAP is downright foolish because the condition is fundamentally similar and letting people share their contrasting experiences can help everyone understand the condition better. I'm AGP and the one who suggested making a unified thread in the first place. You can stick to your own thread if you insist but come doomsday I'll make the unified thread with or without you.
>>
>>6354300
To expound:
>The various transwhatevers have threads of their own for each category why can't we?
I don't know about you but as I see it the agp threads always had more of a scientific bent to them, trying to figure out theory rather than just shitposting like the other generals. Adding AAPs to the mix would help reaching that goal.
>>
>>6354316
Quite. As if it wouldn't be interesting for scientific reasons. Besides we could probably count the number of autoandrophilics that would post here on one hand. Why make them feel like it's not a thread for them too?
>>
I'm in transition right now and I want big boobs. Is there any form of jelqing for boobs that will help them grow during this crucial period? dietary tips? Anything?
>>
>>6353673
Thanks.
>made no effort to learn the culture
If you mean the thread's culture tell me where can I access old archives. When I used to be an avid 4channer I don't think even the catalog was a thing, and /lgbt/ sure wasn't. I come from the times of longcat, cockmongler, splenborg and pime taradox. Pepe is a new thing to me.
>super special snowflake
I keep reading on agp, trans and other gender stuff literature/testimonials; and I haven't yet found an account of it that completely satisfies me, or which I clearly fit.
>loud, obese American tourist.
Spot on about the first, the other three I'm anything but. But I get what you mean. Sorry.
>Tumblr or Reddit
I'm not going to use Tumblr as a discussion space, and I really don't get how Reddit works.
Plus in all likelihood I'd be told to gb2 4chan ;)
>pushing opinions as fact.
Not my intention. All I have are hunches, facts have to be scientifically stablished.
But you see, the only way I have yet to check whether these hunches are roughly on the right track or entirely misguided, is posting them here and see whether anyone relates to them. AKA "dumb shit I believe" that I hope I'll be able to put in survey form and actually throw at random samples of people.
>I see the board culture as an important part of why this general and discussion can exist in the way it does.
Explain?
>posts under your name comprised over 20% of the total
Yes. A lot of shit started making sense and I was high off it. Plus my way of making sense of myself and others usually involves finding parallels and coincidences between different people. It probably is like that for a lot of people. Compound with the point above.
>learn to greentext jesus
You've got to admit you're REALLY REALLY REALLY into keeping an uniform posting style. Isn't greentext for quotes, stories and tfws?!

>>6354300
>>6354316
>>6354431
I concur

>>6355780
Ask in /mtfg/ ?
>>
>>6352913
>just going to call us trannies in denial: the thread?

That's how I see some of you here. Not everyone though.
>>
>>6355780
Check your doses. Switch to injections. Eat protein and increase physical activity. Get castrated.
>>
>>6358497
Thanks, good advice. I already eat a lot of protein and exercise. I also think I will start drinking soymilk but I think that might just be a meme.
Are injections really that much better for boob growth? I could ask my endo, but she always seems aversive to new medication.
>>
>>6358708
bump
>>
>>6354431
Mild AAP here. I think we have it easier because it's a lot more socially acceptable for a girl to want to act (be) like a guy than the opposite, so with the exception of the trans guys most of us don't have as much of a bad time with AAP
>>
>>6362567
i've also never seen a post on here denigrating aap, whereas every day there's someone calling someone else a disgusting agp fetishist
>>
>>6362567
My thoughts exactly.

I think this goes hand in hand with the fact that the boundary for crossdressing is sharply defined for men whereas for women it isn't, simply because of the clothing items that are produced and socially approved.

>>6362620
Pretty much yep.
>>
Alright, can you guys help me out? I'm not sure if I'm an agp or a trans woman

>have taken hormones for four years
>have lived as a woman for three years
>pass well enough
>get sexually aroused when i wear lingerie or other "sexy" women's clothes
>i like to top cis women
>I like to top trans women
>i like to bottom for men and be passive
>i like to imagine myself as some man's sissy wife/slave
>i work in a professional- typically male job
>get sexually aroused at the idea of turning a straight man into my sissy gf

wtf am i?
>>
Anyone got that femboy routine / femboy for dummies pastebin??
Got some free time on my hands and want to commit to something.
>>
>>6363091
>topping, ever

Gross
>>
File: 1437100560842.jpg (12 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1437100560842.jpg
12 KB, 250x250
>discover shemale porn in high school
>soon only attracted to dickgirls
>later discover sissy porn
>can only get off to that shit
>even later, now just watch gay porn with twinks
>then go back to vanilla, straight porn
>but imagine myself as the girl getting fucked
>now in college
>spend my money on HRT and doctors
>don't even use my dick any more, just rub it like a clit
>finally becoming the girl I was meant to be
goddamn the internet fucked me up good
bravo cia
>>
>>6363119
topping is easier because there's less focus on my body and more on my abilities. with bottoming, all of the focus is on how i look and act. it's acting, and i don't like that.
>>
>>6363091
classic agp

>tripfag
yep, tranny
>>
>>6299904
>http://deploy.loveisover.me/lgbt/thread/5788347
Wow this guy is literally me
>>
>>6363155
The only difference between you and I is that you post in /agpg/ and I post in /mtfg/, and I'm not sure which one of us is posting in the wrong thread.
>>
>>6351524
The blanchardian terminology for someone attracted to people with mixed sexual characteristics is gynandromorphophilia. I've sometimes thought I might have 'autogynandromorphophilia' because I'm only sexually attracted to penises, but I'm also attracted to breasts and some female secondary sex characteristics (hairless faces, wider hips, etc)

I don't find ciswomen or the idea of becoming one arousing, but I've dreamed about becoming trans ever since I first discovered tranny porn as a teenager. I'm also attracted to a variety of regular men as well. I'm not sure if what I have is some twisted form of trans fetishism or I'm just a really fucked up gay man.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.