[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LGBT suicides and religious parents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 215px-Prayers_for_bobby_poster.jpg (19 KB, 215x321) Image search: [Google]
215px-Prayers_for_bobby_poster.jpg
19 KB, 215x321
So I was told to watch this movie (Prayers for Bobby) and the person who came to mind while watching was Leelah Alcorn (born Josh). The reason for that was that the mother in the film was very religious and tried to get Bobby to stop being gay because of those religious beliefs. He later committed suicide by jumping off a bridge into an
18 wheeler's path. This is like Leelah, who was repeatedly put into programs that would claim they could change her because of her parents' religious belief. She committed suicide by walking into the path of an 18 wheeler. Bobby's mother was left restless by Bobby's suicide, and eventually she reconciled her beliefs with homosexuality.

Do you think Leelah's parents will ever come around and realize they were wrong like Bobby's mother realized she was? How many parents whose LGBT children committed suicide from their lack of acceptance do you think realize they were mistaken? How many parents who initially rejected their LGBT children do you think come to accept them while they're still alive?
>>
>>6282198
>Do you think Leelah's parents will ever come around and realize they were wrong like Bobby's mother realized she was? How many parents whose LGBT children committed suicide from their lack of acceptance do you think realize they were mistaken? How many parents who initially rejected their LGBT children do you think come to accept them while they're still alive?
It's time you start seperating reality and fiction.
>>
is this like an article from a high school newspaper
>>
>>6282198
given they burried her under her male name, got tumblr to take down the suicide note then delete everything else and out right rejected that leelah ever existed;

not likely
>>
Now we're talking about Leelah, did nudes ever happen?
>>
>>6282301

Are you a twink/femboy-chasing gay guy? Who else would want to see her nudes? I don't know if she was even self-medding.
>>
>>6282396
No I'm just interested.
I'm wondering about what would have happened had she found 4chan instead of tumblr.
>>
>>6282414
The exact same thing, given that she was being shipped to a fucking conversion therapist.
>>
>>6282417
Who knows.
It's well known that 4chan has different views of suicide than tumblr.
>>
>>6282422
You mean they tell you to kill yourself instead?

She was fragile and saw no way out, and even on tumblr the problem was never getting access to support and self-medding, there's plenty of trannies on there who know about it.
>>
>>6282432
>You mean they tell you to kill yourself instead?
4chan is demeaning and ridiculing suicide, while tumblr is praising it and treating it as some form of martyrdom.

>She was fragile and saw no way out, and even on tumblr the problem was never getting access to support and self-medding, there's plenty of trannies on there who know about it.
So are trannies here living in the middle of conservative nowhere, hated by their parents and peers and unable to leave for quite a while.
>>
>>6282485
There's a few of them and most are always on the verge of suicide.

Hint: Kayla is near fucking LA, her histrionics about being in the bible belt are and have always been bullshit.
>>
>>6282500
>Kayla
I have no idea who this is, and from the way you speak I'm sure I'm better off remaining ignorant.
>>
>>6282513

How will you remember you should avoid her and not take her seriously then?
>>
>>6282198
Not until someone causes the parents extreme physical pain. They need some real fear that can compete with their imaginary fear of the bible and other straight Republicans saying rude things. And since nobodies likely to hurt them anytime soon, I'm sure they'll still be shit when they die.
>>
>>6282578
Well if it's a namefag it should be obvious.
And taking things on 4chan seriously is not very smart.
>>
>>6282500
Her mom is a controlling abusive parent afraid Kayla will move out and on her own.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.