[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>adheres to a religion that explicitly condemns gays Care
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: bateman.jpg (25 KB, 547x298) Image search: [Google]
bateman.jpg
25 KB, 547x298
>adheres to a religion that explicitly condemns gays
Care to explain anon?
>>
Plenty of evidence in the Bible that shows a lot of the homophobia that comes from the bible was actually the personal opinion of translators
>>
File: i09FJm4.jpg (177 KB, 1124x1024) Image search: [Google]
i09FJm4.jpg
177 KB, 1124x1024
>>6272354
The bible and quran are only homophobic due to incorrect interpretations of the text and people completely ignoring things like cultural and historical context

I doubt an omnipotent all loving and all knowing being would give a crap if I like fapping to men, women, furry midgets or disabled ginger transsexuals.
>>
>>6272544
You are correct anon. David and Johnathan were gay lovers.also all the translations are all either misinterpreted or skewed.
>>
>>6272544
by that logic, the bible is all trash all the time anyway.

don't try to justify your beliefs rationally when they are by nature irrational and based on faith. it just makes you look like an idiot, not someone who has different values
>>
File: shut up.jpg (116 KB, 854x519) Image search: [Google]
shut up.jpg
116 KB, 854x519
>>6272544
The authors are already dead and it's up to the leaders of the religion to interpret it. If muslim countries created a law based on religion like making homosexuality illegal and stoning women because they were raped, it's because the Quran said so. If there are no female priests and can only allow women as pastors or nuns, and a union can only be between a man and a woman under Christianity, it's because the bible said so.

Who the fuck are you to say so otherwise? They're the religion's leader(s). They literally own a country/countries. You're just an anon in a computer who performs mental gymnastics to appease yourself that your religion accepts you, but you're not.
>>
>>6272699
You think I give a single shit about what religious leaders think? It's the same reason we have Lutherans, baptists, Amish and protestants. Many conclusions can be drawn from a source material. Your logic is inherently flawed, it's kind of like saying there is a single interpretation of a poem, the only one who can truly tell you is the author
>>
>>6272544
>Yahweh
>Allah
>all loving
my sides
>>
File: 1464301932297.jpg (22 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
1464301932297.jpg
22 KB, 500x367
Common Filth explains it better than me. Check him out on YouTube.
>>
>>6273290
What video in specific? He has a lot
>>
File: 1464146196735.jpg (43 KB, 582x741) Image search: [Google]
1464146196735.jpg
43 KB, 582x741
>>6273473
That's a tough one, actually. He never makes his beliefs the main thing, he brings it up often, but he doesn't have one single dedicated thing about it AFAIK.
But basically yeah Christianity isn't the lovey-dovey thing people make it out to be in the gay community. Jesus wasn't a a fucking hippy either. Sinners will be sent to Hell. That includes adulterers, sexual minorities like transgender and gays, non-repenters, and those who seek to harm others.
I'm personally gay and atheist but I absolutely agree with the idea that Christianity has been raped by people who want to side step shit. Like, just be an atheist if you need to justify taking part in a religion that doesn't conform with your personality. Don't try making it a religion of "b-b-but god is so loving and nice and everyone gets a happy ending" when you have Revelations.
>>
>>6273520
I'm so scared senpai :(
>>
>>6273520
but thats exactly what the bible fucking does m8. Nobody can claim theyre a literalist. the bible requires interpretation, and you can make that interpretation as cuddly as you like because nothing in the religion is beholden to facts or reason, only fee fees. and the only reason you have anything to say on it now, is because there used to be a bunch of asshats who insisted upon it more strictly, except they didn't. they contradicted their own holy text constantly even though they executed people for saying the bible isn't the literal truth. there has always been a bunch of fucking faggots side stepping rules in that fucking book, and there has been ever since they where written and a commune of fucknuggets had to gather up and agree on a bunch of absolutely conflicting accounts because if they didn't romans wouldn't ever consider it a real religion.

those christians weren't united then and they aren't now. the bible is just the stuff that was popular enough to recieve the official protection of being a recognized religion under the roman empire.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.