[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets stir some shit. This just happend in my town. http://w
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: wYA1G4q.jpg (467 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
wYA1G4q.jpg
467 KB, 2048x1536
Lets stir some shit. This just happend in my town.

http://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/news/main-news/abilene-high-boys-wear-dresses-to-school-asked-to-change
>>
>>6270386
wow, that's fucked up
>>
File: Truitt-.jpg (72 KB, 334x341) Image search: [Google]
Truitt-.jpg
72 KB, 334x341
>>6270386
Andreja is post-op. Also that picture isn't very realistic. Both of those people in OPs pic are trans models.
Pic related is a more realistic representation
>>
>>6270430
Sorry. Your picture is more realistic. I used mine to grab attention on my thread.
>>
>>6270386
Jeez, that's fucked up. Nothing wrong with boys wearing dresses to support a friend. It was their last day of school for fucks sake's too, the last day is supposed to be celebratory and fun
>>
>>6270456
I know my local highschool disopointed a lot of people today. And as it stands they were well within their legal rights and the poor kid just gets to get discriminated against.
>>
File: 123214234534.png (70 KB, 530x606) Image search: [Google]
123214234534.png
70 KB, 530x606
>>6270386
>A group of Abilene High School students is upset
>is upset
>>
>>6270430
>implying most trans women who transition now are older than 30
>>
>>6270500
The average is still around 47yo in the us
Where i live in europe 90% are somewhere between 50-60yo
>>
>>6270386
The principal would get slapped by the school board so hard here you'd hear it all the way from Vancouver.
>>
>>6270511
God, this is scary.

It feels so weird at times realizing that there's so many people my age and older who are just starting transition when there were so many places for IC and shit available back then.

You just had to ask.
>>
>>6270500
>what are transbians
Most transbians transition after being and having kids. Just look at Bruce Jenner.
>>
>>6270491
It is texas afterall
>>
>>6270526
Most transbians are actually fairly young.
>>
It's fucking abilene, texas

What do you expect. Literally the only place to find anyone who's not a conservacuck is at Dyess AFB

T. i used to live there
>>
>>6270520
There's no IC in europe unfortunately
And RLE is still a thing here

>>6270544
All the trans girls under 25 i know IRL are straight
Ftm and mtf
>>
>>6270386
Man, that's nice of those kids. That's around the area my dad grew up in, where his friend, the sole gay man to make it out of their hometown, still has old classmates tell him he's going to burn in hell on the regular. I've visited Abilene for family reunions, and the hotels have the fucking Ten Commandments sitting in the middle of their lobby.

I mean I know I should be upset about the school being fuckwads, but honestly? I'm more hopeful about those guys supporting their friend like that. It ain't gonna be terribad forever.
>>
>>6270430

my kind of women...
<3 <3
>>
>>6270569
>I mean I know I should be upset about the school being fuckwads, but honestly? I'm more hopeful about those guys supporting their friend like that. It ain't gonna be terribad forever.
Same
I'm glad that these kids were willing to wear dresses alongside their friend
Even if it was just for an "lol wearing dudes in dresses is hilarious" it's still a lot better than "homos and transvestites burn in hell" attitude
>>
File: 1459797166694.png (217 KB, 600x448) Image search: [Google]
1459797166694.png
217 KB, 600x448
>>6270568
>All the trans girls under 25 i know IRL are straight
>Ftm and mtf
>All the trans girls
>Ftm and mtf
Pic related :)
>>
>>6270568
The vast majority of sub 25 and sub 30 and even sub 18 trans girls I know are bi, but primarily straight. A lot of those I know in transbian relationships were originally bi-straight too but wanted to experiment. Which isn't super uncommon even in places like Thailand and Brazil.

Also I'm probably not using transbian the same way you do.
>>
>>6270593
I saw it after i sent it, i meant all the trans people who started under 25 i know irl are straight
ftms and mtf
>>
>young hons attacking older hons
lol, you trannies are so fucked up
>>
File: 130614-N-QW737-073.jpg (950 KB, 2400x1597) Image search: [Google]
130614-N-QW737-073.jpg
950 KB, 2400x1597
>>6270511

A moment of silence for those who came before and had to suffer some BS.

But when was the last time that statistic was updated though? I would think the median is a little lower now, but then a lot of young people are probably self-medding, so they go uncounted.

>>6270520

I'm surprised there were facilities like that back then. What question did you ask exactly, to get introduced to an IC back then? When did you start?

>>6270544

Every bit of research conducted over the past 40 years says the opposite. It's only now that transbians are coming out earlier because of an increased spread of knowledge about trans people. It was generally the straight ones who got to doctors at <25 years of age.
>>
>>6270386
What is interesting is I just took a trip to Texas the other week to a town right by this, Sweetwater, and my sister's kids go to the school there, granted the elementary portion instead. The whole week I was there I didn't have anyone do anything weird or even look at me oddly considering I am a trans-woman barely starting out, and I was basically out shopping and traveling the whole time. So bizarre that this happened literally 1 week after I get back.
>>
>>6270689
Why do the women have different hats? The women's hats look stupid.
>>
>>6270689
>Every bit of research conducted over the past 40 years says the opposite.
Blanchard's research was eminently flawed. Most of his younger patients lied through their teeth about being bi because it was easier than having to steal BC to self med.
>>
>>6270456
Uhm check your privileged, this is clearly a case of racist gender appropriation! Those boys basically raped all women by wearing those dresses.
>>
>>6270689
>I'm surprised
Callen Lorde was around in the 90s.
The Mazz in Philly started doing trans healthcare in the early 2000s
My GP was doing IC at the time as well (which is when I started), the referral came from a LGBT community center.

If you were already in the lgbt community in some way chances are you could find the places easily; they were known for LGBT healthcare in general and saw enough trans patients that they just started handling us too for lack of better resources for poor kids.

Yeah, this means it probably skewed "originally straight" trans women, but a majority of those tend to turn out to at least be bicurious.
>>
>>6270780
>blaming tumblr for anything that happens in Abilene
Does it hurt to realize this is the america your precious right wants to build?
>>
>>6270491
>a group of students
>a group

It's a singular noun.
>>
>>6270777

You know that Blanchard excluded bisexuals from his HSTS group and put them in the autogynephilic group, and that he gave both the HSTS group and the AGP group meds? Even if he had a bias, there was no need for any transbians to lie and say they were bisexual. If you wanted to remove yourself from the stigma of the traits he ascribed to his AGP group, you would have to lie and say you were straight. Not lesbian, bisexual, or asexual.

>>6270801

Well, 30 years ago was still 1986.

>Yeah, this means it probably skewed "originally straight" trans women

Yes, I can understand that. If back before the internet all you had was what you heard on the grapevine, it would be hard for people who seem to be heterosexual males, even to themselves, to know somebody who knows somebody who knows about being transgender.

>but a majority of those tend to turn out to at least be bicurious.

I get that too, lots of women experiment.

>>6270858

Are you from the UK, by any chance?
>>
>>6270386
Wow sucks about andrej. Went from being a jaw droppingly gorgeous guy to an ugly woman
>>
>>6270910
I'm saying most patients he had who were remotely bi lied and said they were straight.
>>
>>6271034

According to what source? Did they lie about anything else? And again, for what purpose? He supported transition for patients regardless of the group they fell into.
>>
>>6270386
>http://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/news/main-news/abilene-high-boys-wear-dresses-to-school-asked-to-change
not your army, unless you have a plan theres also nothing for the people here who would do something except to comment angrily.

suggest a course of action and if its agreeable to 4chan's taste and isn't some kind of raid then we might consider it. if you want an actual raid go to dubchan. theres probably a board for shit like that.
>>
>>6270520
you had to know it was an option, and not be afraid of the repercussions harming you. Getting fired for transitioning was common. Then there was all the harassment on the street, and general lack of positive role models.

My case was extreme, but not unheard of. I now know of others who also had it happen. I tried to transition. I was on hormones for almost 3.5 years, beaten up. Then while in the hospital for that, I was committed to an insane asylum and forced into conversion therapy. Needless to say this really fucked me up. The main reason I'm transitioning again now is things looked much more positive for transgenders a few years back.
>>
>>6270934
She just have a very thin feminine fat layer. If she wasn't modeling, she could let it get thicker and look much better.
>>
>>6271111
Ten years ago? I've never had any harassment, we already had legal discrimination protections. It depends where you were. But yeah, even now it's not unheard of though, they just find a bullshit excuse.

As for role models, idk, there were a couple role models but they didn't have a media presence.
>>
>>6270910
Not >>6270858 or British but "a group of <nouns> are" is simply incorrect"
>>
>>6270910
no, a group of students would have the verb is, not are. if you remove the prepositional phrase, aka "of students", you would just have "a group", which would use is, not are. Learn english plz
>>
>>6271168
This is a problem with most mtfs though, they're all skellingtons. Some of the nicer transitions I've seen either had a fatty slimming down or a stick chubbing up a little. You need that fat to look right, women are fatty creatures.
>>
>>6270910
>Are you from the UK
Nope, Texas. A short drive away from Abeline via Interstate 20, in fact.
>>
>>6271415
I'm a good 20 lbs overweight. I got that way because I wanted to get more feminine fat. it really doesn't help much. not that I think it did nothing, but stick chubbing up a bit describes it pretty well
>>
>>6271415
Have you actually ever looked at cis female models? She doesn't look that off considering the job she does. It's got little to do with a male puberty she didn't have in the first place.
>>
>>6271548
Oh I didn't mean in a passing way so much as an aesthetic thing.
>>
>>6270386
I should mention that both my high schools had a day where boys dressed up like girls and girls dressed up like boys. At the first HS it wasn't an official day, but >50% of the students did it. At my second HS it was on the official calendar for the district. They were both east coast schools, and this was the early '80s.

>>6271205
NYC, '85 is when it happened. It really fucked me up. Harassment for being a feminine guy was constant for me as a youth. The amount of harassment I received actually dropped significantly when I was crossdressed. I knew how to do makeup, and style my long hair so I passed easily. Of course I then routinely got catcalls. lol... Knowing what might happen if I was found out to be transsexual made life scary in a different way. As I grew up I heard all the stories, plus one of my painting mentors was murdered for being transsexual. Scary way to grow up when you knew you were transgender too. A modern video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ-12-sFpLs
I so wish stuff like this was available back when I was young, but then it would never have been broadcast. :( Attitudes have changed a lot since then.

When young I knew of a good number of role models, but that was due to having a family friend who knew and respected transwomen, and she realized I likely was transgender when I was a child. She arranged for me to meet them. I had tremendous support compared to most that I met, even if that support wasn't from my parents. Back then you really had to look to find positive role models, and most were in entertainment. Mainstream media did not show them, unless it was in an unfavorable way.

>>6271415
High fashion models are all that way.
This >>6271548
>>
>>6271548
you are delusional
andreja is not seeing the kind of work she saw as femboy/andro model

now that she identifies as female, she's low tier when compared with cis fem models
>>
>>6272035
>I have no idea how modeling works
It's not because of her looks, it's because the Raph wannabes have a ridiculously high demand for androgynous models, which she's much less now that she's a female model doing female modeling. That woman who does male modeling is in higher demand than most typical female models.
>>
>>6270430
Yeah, still looks more femme than 99% of short haired landwhales that inhabit the US.
>>
>>6272048
>fashion model
>not b/c of her looks
ok bro
>>
File: cara-delevingne.jpg (2 MB, 3095x3978) Image search: [Google]
cara-delevingne.jpg
2 MB, 3095x3978
>>6272141
>I know nothing about the fashion industry
The woman on this pic is cis and a top model.
They look for a body type, which they have. They look for striking features more than they look for extreme moe-shit tier paragons of femininity.
More importantly they look to feed fads, which is why you get a small subset of male and female models modeling for the other side and being wildly popular at it.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.