[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTF / FTM what were your incentives to change ? Did you think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 980x6633) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 980x6633
MTF / FTM what were your incentives to change ? Did you think you would have it easier as the other gender ? Did you want to go down the trans path or did you you just want to wake up the next day as the different gender ? Question yourself /t/ it's a good thing.
>>
>>6270345
Mainly constant pain and suffering (:
>>
File: 5ab6b5_5692435.jpg (22 KB, 877x460) Image search: [Google]
5ab6b5_5692435.jpg
22 KB, 877x460
I never thought being trans would be easier than just being a guy, but I was constantly miserable pretransition and I hit a point where I realized I would probably successfully kill myself before 30 if I didn't do something other than just trying to repress it.
>>
>>6270345
I mean this is probably bait but

I doubt most trans people would tell you they even thought about whether it would be easier to be other gender when deciding to transition. It's not about gender roles or social position, it's a messy internal thing that's hard to convey to someone who hasn't gone through it before, unfortunately for everyone involved.

Unless you're targeting this at the specific subset of trans who did transition for superficial reasons, they exist but they're not everyone.
>>
>>6270986
This isn't bait, this is targeted at all trans. Post-op, pre-op, pre-hrt, post-hrt everyone. Everyone's different so I'd imagine everyone has different opinions.
>>
>>6270345
Gender Dysphoria. Anything and everything about being female makes me want to die. Not exaggerating for effect, literally sudicial. It was transition or be miserable and likely kill myself sooner or later.
>>
>>6270345
Deciding to do what was right for me and would let me be myself is ultimately what prompted me to transition. The constant fear of "what will others think/do" is what stalled me for so long.
>>
I wanted to transition for many reasons, none of which related to ease. Having a male body with male parts working in male ways had gone from leaving me sad, disappointed, and alienated from myself and my peers to being miserable, disgusted, and utterly unaffiliated with the movements of human life around me. Hormones and eventual surgeries have alleviated, and hopefully will further alleviate, much of that.

I also wanted to transition because I felt it would reduce the disconnect between how I feel I should fit into my social environment, and how I'm fit into it. Mostly working, although mothers having me play with their newborns is fucking me up something fierce.

I wanted to wake up the next day an indistinguishable-from-cis girl with a working reproductive system. But that's not a thing.
>>
Gender dysphoria.

If you transition for any other reason then you're fucked up in the head and deserve the hate.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.