[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEW YORK RECOGNIZES OFFICIAL GENDERS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9
File: New York Official Genders.png (82 KB, 700x497) Image search: [Google]
New York Official Genders.png
82 KB, 700x497
http://www.nyc.gov/html/cchr/downloads/pdf/publications/GenderID_Card2015.pdf

BI-GENDERED
CROSS-DRESSER
DRAG KING
DRAG QUEEN
FEMME QUEEN

FEMALE-TO-MALE
FTM
GENDER BENDER
GENDERQUEER
MALE-TO-FEMALE
MTF

NON-OP
HIJRA
PANGENDER
TRANSEXUAL/TRANSSEXUAL
TRANS PERSON

WOMAN
MAN

BUTCH
TWO-SPIRIT
TRANS

AGENDER
THIRD SEX
GENDER FLUID
NON-BINARY TRANSGENDER

ANDROGYNE
GENDER GIFTED
GENDER BLENDER

FEMME
PERSON OF TRANSGENDER EXPERIENCE
ANDROGYNOUS
>>
File: oh fuck.jpg (21 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
oh fuck.jpg
21 KB, 400x225
I'm all for non-binary but

>gender blender
>>
>Additional Guidelines

In New York City, it’s illegal to discriminate on the basis of gender identity and gender expression in the workplace, in public spaces, and in housing.

The NYC Commission on Human Rights is committed to ensuring that transgender and gender non-conforming New Yorkers are treated with dignity and respect and without threat of discrimination or harassment.

>This means individuals have the right to:

Work and live free from discrimination and harassment due to their gender identity/expression.

Use the bathroom or locker room most consistent with their gender identity and/or expression without being required to show “proof” of gender.

Be addressed with their preferred pronouns and name without being required to show “proof” of gender.

Follow dress codes and grooming standards consistent with their gender identity/expression.
>>
>>6270003
god damnit. this is pissing me off.

its male or female or both or neither. it's that simple. fixes all problems without kowtowing to tumblrflavor of the week edition.

for every person this makes happy expect 30 more faggots to champion some other alphabet soup that didn't make it in.
>>
>Courtesy 101:

If you don't know what pronouns to use, ask. Be polite and respectful; if you use the wrong pronoun, apologize and move on.

Respect the terminology a transgender person uses to describe their identity.

Don't make assumptions about a transgender person's sexual orientation.
>>
Jesus Christ.

Drag is not a gender.

I'm not checking your source or the validity of your claim, but on the hypothetical that this is real: where the fuck is intersex? Do they not realize some people with intersex conditions still identify as such?
>>
File: Chuckle-duck.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
Chuckle-duck.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>Gender Identity

One's internal, deeply-held sense of one’s gender as male, female, or something else entirely. A transgender person is someone whose gender identity does not match the sex they were assigned at birth.

>Gender Expression

External representations of gender as expressed through, for example, one's name, pronouns, clothing, haircut, behavior, voice, or body characteristics. Society identifies these as masculine and feminine, although what is considered masculine and feminine changes over time and varies by culture.

Many transgender people align their gender expression with their gender identity, rather than the sex they were assigned at birth.

If you believe you have been discriminated against or would like more information about your rights and responsibilities under the law, please contact the NYC Commission on Human Rights by calling 311 or visiting nyc.gov/cchr.

>How can other states even compete?
>>
>>6270003
this isn't calling them genders, it's labeling different forms of gender expression, and even points out the difference between identity and expression.
>>
The actual genders in this list:
>Male
>Female
>FTM
>MTF
>Hijra
>Two-spirit
I include the last two because I recognise that other cultures portray and use gender differently.

(The hell is a gender blender? And why does this list consider FTM/MTF as separate to Female-to-Male/Male-to-Female?)
>>
>>6270060

Ah, that's better, then.
>>
>>6270060
>The actual genders in this list:

Genders
Gender Expressions

See >>6270060
>>
>>6270068
Ftm and mtf are not genders
There's only two genders: male and female.
>>
File: Apache-helicopter[1].jpg (34 KB, 608x609) Image search: [Google]
Apache-helicopter[1].jpg
34 KB, 608x609
Cis Flesh Shitlords forgot some of us identify as Apache Attack Helicopters.
>>
File: image.jpg (151 KB, 730x515) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151 KB, 730x515
>>6270003
... So what do they file femboy under?
>>
>>6270104
femme?
>>
>>6270095
>reddit tier memes
>>
these are gender EXPRESSIONS. ftm is not a gender. ftm = female dude. mtf = male chick. two-spirit isnt even a gender. isn't it a native american thing that tumblrinas turned into some trend?
>>
>>6270003
what is gender gifted?
>>
>>6270123
dumb as hell, also:

Gender Gifted refers to a person who's capacity for gender expression exceeds the binary. It is a positive term and can be applied to anyone who enjoys to challenge cis gendered normatives, whether it be in frame of mind, in presentation, or as an ally to loved ones who challenge the binary gender divide.

:barf:
>>
holy jesus... what the fuck is that!
>>6270003
You guys actually take this stuff unironically? oh shit, I made the wrong turn somewhere.
>>
>>6270225
no we don't, this isn't tumblr
>>
You know, i guess i'm an assole, but i do feel that some of the gender queer stuff was made up by SJWs so they can go "hey we're one of you" to transexuals without actually comitting to anything.
>>
>>6270269
nah, dont feel like an asshole. they shouldn't be appropriating our psychological condition just to feel privileged. just makes us a joke, and access to medicine gets more difficult.
>>
>>6270269
>2016
>erasing the existence of stargendered voidkin
>>
New York is a third world city so I don't exactly care.
>>
>>6270009
I used to be cis, but then i got put in the gender blender
>>
>>6270089
There are people who are not masculine, and not feminine. There are also people who are a mixture of masculine and feminine. In fact most people are a mixture.
>>
>>6270320
A third world city? What makes you say that? It's one of the places I'd love to visit, and I'm curious as to what's bad about it?
>>
>>6271013
Anon means a lot of non-white people live there
>>
File: 1463689458316.jpg (585 KB, 1386x1386) Image search: [Google]
1463689458316.jpg
585 KB, 1386x1386
>>6270322
>>
>>6270003
>GENDER BLENDER
But when I say I'm blender gender I get laughed at. Being objectkin is a stuggle
>>
>>6270899
Adding to this anon in full agreement, but I also wouldn't consider mtf and ftm to be gender identities. Who identifies as mtf?

There are more than two genders, but crossdesser? Is that really a gender? What is a femme person with transgender experience and why do we need to be that specific? Maybe I'm ignorant.
>>
>>6270003
It is 100% legit, though you have to follow quite a few links to find it from the NYC gub'ment website.

Clearly, the idea here is that trying to find a "complete list" of genders is an exercise in futility. There will always be something excluded. The subtext here is "let people choose to be who they want to be." No need to freak out, folks. Seriously.
>>
>>6270022
>live free from discrimination due to their gender expression
>>6270054
>gender expression
>behavior
So you can no longer treat people differently based on their behavior?
Like, tossing a person out of your restaurant for disturbing other guests, as long as the person claims it's part of his gender?

>>6270126
>Gender Gifted refers to a person who's capacity for gender expression exceeds the binary.
>It is a positive term and can be applied to anyone who enjoys to challenge cis gendered normatives, whether it be in frame of mind, in presentation, or as an ally to loved ones who challenge the binary gender divide.
That's not describing a gender, that's describing a postmodernist art movement.
>>
>>6270022
Sounds nice but the preferred pronouns will get annoying. Imagine all the nonbinary xer/xers pronoun tunblrites going apeshit when they dont get called the right pronouns right away.
>>
File: 1464287307466.jpg (43 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
1464287307466.jpg
43 KB, 750x500
>>6270003
Absolutely autistic.
>>
>PERSON OF TRANSGENDER EXPERIENCE

What the hell is that? I banged a tranny once, does that count as an experience?
>>
File: 1426954142265.jpg (223 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1426954142265.jpg
223 KB, 900x675
>>6270003

Fetishism
>crossdresser

Adult Entertainment Employment
>drag king
>drag queen
>femme queen

How are these even different?!
>Female-To-Male
>FTM
>Male-To-Female
>MTF
>Transsexual
>Transexual
>Trans Person

All of my wat
>Gender Blender
>Gender Gifted
>Person of Transgender Experience

This is orientation/sexuality
>Butch
>Femme

Fucking New York
>>
>>6271193
The 'a' in lgbtqa+ should stand for appliances
>>
What is a Gender Blender
Is being Gender Gifted like not having a mental illness?
>>
>>6270003
And remember - if you fail to understand the nigh-incomprehensible differences between all 31, then you're a bigot and deserve to lose your job and be publicly shamed.
>>
>>6276132
Does that mean we need another a for applications?
>>
File: X-men-logo.png (11 KB, 512x239) Image search: [Google]
X-men-logo.png
11 KB, 512x239
>>6276157
>Professor Xim/Xervier's School for Gifted Genders
>>
>>6270106
I thought 'femme' was a lesbian thing? The turbodykes seem to get really mad when non-lesbots use it anyway. Like they own the entirety of the french language.
>>
>>6270003
Hello gay people, meet the slippery slope.
>>
Trans really needs to fall from the LGB bandwagon. I get why it was falsely lumped in, because of "symptoms", but truthfully it's like looking at a midget, or an autistic person and saying "you must suck cocks". It's just not related. It's a chromesome and biochemical disorder and should be treated medically. I think in a few years when it does finally fall off the wagon this propaganda will fall with it. I hate being caught up on the front lines of a war between gays and cross dressers, haters, etc. I just want to disappear and pretend I don't have a penis. That's what like 99% of trans is. Stealth. If you're taking pride, fine, but I'm very fucking sick of being told how to feel, especially when I'm being told to project positive emotion towards my "gender". Like no you shitskin loving hashtag degenerate tumbltard, I'm not proud and I'm not happy and I don't want your support. I want some fucking medical help and having to go through you degenerate idiots is only slowing my process down and giving me a headache. So you're attracted to men or women big fucking deal go be happy and please just give me insurance coverage for my MEDICAL problem, not my "gender pride".

I swear most trans people have no fucking idea what they're dealing with and pit their trust where it doesn't belong. The LGB community is supportive only in the capacity of using the trans as a bargain chip. Sure the people are more open minded by default, but it's not the same thing. Intersex pride! Identify as Intersex! Yeah.... Laughable.

I identify as a pissed off scientist in the wrong fucking body who doesn't want to deal with the fag shit. Society needs to rip that psychosis out of their skulls and learn about biology and start treating it medically.
>>
Wipe that shithole from the face of the planet.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.