[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Liberated Trans People
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: La_Roux_Eleanor_Elly_Jackson.jpg (2 MB, 2056x2898) Image search: [Google]
La_Roux_Eleanor_Elly_Jackson.jpg
2 MB, 2056x2898
Are there any other trans men and women that have reclaimed their freedom of gender expression? Basically, I'm looking for binary trans people that have gotten to a point in their transition where they're secure enough in their body and identity to no longer feel such a strong need to conform to the stereotypes of their chosen gender. Obviously it's understandable for a trans man or woman to be afraid of defying the expectations society places on men and women due to of concerns with safety and passing, but we need more trans people that aren't scared to defy those expectations.

Personally, I sometimes like to mix up my fashion style with masculine and feminine styles. Embrace my androgyny. Exercise and HRT have molded my body to the point where it can go either way depending on how I choose to present myself. I understand that my style choices sometimes result in confusing ignorant cis people but it's not a big deal because I know I'm a woman. If I want to be perceived as one all I have to do is present myself accordingly and cash in on society's expectations. Same for being perceived as a male. Exploiting the expectations of cis people and their need to put you in the most convenient box available is pretty easy desu.

>inb4 hurrdurr tumblr
>inb4 muh speshul snowflake
>>
kinda i guess
i really just want a badass suit of armour
mtf tho
dont let your dreams be memes
>>
tall, thin girls in suits make me hngh and I'm considering getting a three pieces suit just for that reason.
>>
File: 23545346457.jpg (1 MB, 1809x2385) Image search: [Google]
23545346457.jpg
1 MB, 1809x2385
I want to get a pixie cut but I'm worried I won't pass.

Picture related: I wish I looked exactly like this.
>>
I'm secure enough in my role as a male that I don't give a shit anymore about admitting to cute things being cute. I feel like "being to cool" to go "awww" sometimes is more of an edgy rebellious teenager/male puberty thing tho, because most of my cis friends feel the same.

Would never been caught dead in feminine clothing, though. You do you.
>>
>>6262176
Tall women in suits are pretty stylish desu. I recently tried on some of my old formal clothes that I had when I was a boy. Felt fun. Exotic almost since I hadn't worn anything like that in years. Don't know about getting a suit since i don't work in an office and prefer to wear dresses to formal events but I could probably use a blazer.

>>6262228
It depends on your features really, you need a feminine profile and a good hairline. Try putting up your hair to make it look shorter than it really is. If you can pass with your hair pulled back in a bun, then there's a fair chance you can pass with a pixie cut. If you really wanna be sure, you could try buying a cheap, short haired wig for males and see how that looks.

Speaking from experience, I once had way shorter hair than I do now and I still managed to pass somehow in my frumpy work uniform. Was the same type of style as pic related. I noticed that people started gendering me as female a lot more once I had gotten my facial hair lasered away. Also got a bunch of compliments on my hair from cis women. Styling and a distinct lack of facial hair can make a huge difference if you know what you're doing. I kinda wanna go back to my old style but I love my long locks way too much now.
>>
>>6262319
>a good hairline.
I've been really lucky in that regard. My forehead is pretty small, smaller than many cis girls I know and I've never had any MPB.

>If you can pass with your hair pulled back in a bun
I pretty much always have my hair up in a ponytail because I hate how it looks when it's down, somehow it seems to frame my face to look even more masculine. Like my chin looks huge when I have my hair down, but when it's up it looks a lot smaller.

Getting short wig to try is an option but I dunno where to get one really that would look realistic enough.

I've actually always wanted to have a short female style. Like when I was young and pre-transition I'd see girls with pixies in magazines and say that I wanted my hair like that and my mum would still be like "no thanks a girls style".
>>
>>6262439
>Like when I was young and pre-transition I'd see girls with pixies in magazines and say that I wanted my hair like that and my mum would still be like "no thanks a girls style".
Fuck you mom it looks nice
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.