[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Non binary genders?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: tips.png (463 KB, 2728x2148) Image search: [Google]
tips.png
463 KB, 2728x2148
Are non binary genders real or just a delusion/mental illness?

I've always felt like a weirdo playing a role, and up until last year I though everyone else felt like me and only pretended to "feel" like a gender and actually feel comfortable in their own skin. I thought trans people and "gender people" were delusional attention whores, because people don't actually feel or identify with a certain gender, right? Long story short, I realised that I was the weird one, and later stumbled upon a comic about an agender person. It blew me away, because it described everything I've been feeling and questioning my whole life. "Oh, so I'm agender maybe? It really fits, I should look closer into this". Well that was a mistake. 99% of all non binary people seem to be under 15, mentally ill, very angry and hostile, and really fucking stupid ("Omg I went to the doctor and had to fill in a form and I could only choose male or female!! Fucking cis scum! I drew a new box and named it "MAGICAL" and checked that, I'm so cool. Fuck the binary!").

I know what I feel, and I know I've felt like this since I was a very small child, and it has been a genuine source or worry, depression and anxiety for me. But looking at other non binary people, I'm starting to wonder if maybe I'm just mentally ill or have a mental disorder, because I sure as hell don't feel like I have anything in common with those people. Thoughts?
>>
Teenagers are usually retarded and feel the need to spew out anything they are thinking about.
Some years ago they were prevented from doing that with strict parental control.
A few later after that a big boom of teenager culture was created. So you can draw a line from rock to punk to goth to grunge to whatever teenagers became in the naughties.
These days it's not enough to wear studded leather jackets or have ripped t-shirts with anarchy or punk painted on them, it's just not original and authentic enough - now they have to go inwards and be non-binary demi somethings.
Bless their silly souls.
>>
>>6255610
Honestly unless someone takes hormones and such things, altering their body drastically, I do not feel like someone can qualify as non-binary. I feel someone needs the physical aspect of things in order to truly be non-binary. Seeing someone just say they're agender or non-binary or whatever and call it a day is like seeing a MtF say they're a girl without doing anything about it other than throwing on a dress.

I say this as a physical non-binary. I can't even tell people I'm non-binary because of the vast number of attention whores, snowflakes, and people claiming it yet doing nothing about it. The label carries a lot of negative connotations now.

I have a hard time accepting anyone who says they're "non-binary" without either being, or making themselves physically fit (transitioning) the role of non-binary.
>>
>>6255645
>say they're a girl without doing anything about it other than throwing on a dress.
Isn't this what SJW and most normies think tho?
>>
I'm non-binary and here's my take because I'm 8 years in the game.

The three big groups.

1. NB identities are like coming out as bi when you're gay, a lot of trans youngins did it when I came out before becoming normative trans.

Baby trans if you will

2. Folks who conflate "genderfluid" with NB, an assortment of young FAABS and Queer feminine MAABS who want to be a part of the trans community. This too can lead to 1. Happening but not always.

3. Those who has gender dysphoria but don't necessarily identify with the prevailing trans narratives or connect fully with either gender.

There is also a coming together of gay and lesbian communities under the whole "Queer Community" banner that's erasing a lot of things from previous generations.

Like does anyone know you lesbians who call themselves dykes anymore that are under the age of 25? Compare that number to non-binary identified folks you know.

I know Studs/AGs/Bois (black and brown identities and communities that formed after whites took Dyke) but even they are with trans men often in my experience and might take T themselves.

I'd also go out on a limb and say that in this social climate of privilege, power, oppression, etc... A lot of cis het white girls get shut down and kicked out of the conversation but want to be a part of the community. As with the ending of Dyke identity I also want to say there is a death of the "faghag". Basically telling White girls no they'll find a way to come back to the center of the conversation.

Idk personally I don't associate with white non-binary people who haven't been on mones atleast for a bit, usually when they cross that boundary you know that it's not all that b.s. every white non-binary person I know whose done top surgery or plans on it are cool as fuck and not usually whiny.

Otherwise the community is pretty decent.
>>
>>6255645
Going to add, I'm a eunuch and the lack of testosterone has left me without much in the way of male features, while the lack of estrogen has left me without explicitly female features. So I look very androgynous and I don't really feel like I fit either gender, although I go by and prefer male pronouns and such. It's a role I have adapted and come to adopt over time, granted I never really talk about it IRL or to anyone outside of these places. I don't really feel a need to.
>>
>>6255610
You have aspergers, probably.

Nobody "feels" their gender, you just know which sex characteristics you should have.
>>
>>6255649
>Isn't this what SJW and most normies think tho?
What, that men who throw on dresses are women?

Normies would view them as freaks, although wouldnt do or say anything about it because they need to remain PC. SJWs of course are batshit on the issue.

In the real world though, nobody is actually going to think you're a woman and take you seriously as one unless you look like one. The same applies to non-binaries. That's why you see people like this poster >>6255627 going on about teenage snowflakes, who everybody should loathe. They call themselves "non-binary" but none of them fit the bill physically. None of them actually look like they don't fit either gender. If the only people claiming to be non-binary were people like me, who truly physically were outside of the binary, or like intersex people, then it would be more accepted. There is no PC culture saying not to bash non-binaries like there is for trannies. So naturally non-binaries will catch some shit, rightfully so almost every time. But those of us who actually physically fit the bill get fucked over because of these half-assed and almost certainly fake "non-binaries"
>>
>>6255674
>here is no PC culture saying not to bash non-binaries like there is for trannies.
Uh? How deluded are you?

All trans communities are basically only "non-binaries", who will ban anyone who speaks badly about non-binaries.
Non-binary is the most sacred "identity", and they don't care if they have to eradicate every single trans person, to achieve total PC over non-binary "identities"..
>>
>>6255674
I'm both of the posters you quoted. I'm a cis gay man.
Just last week I ended up in a conversation with a normie straight cis man about his view of transgendered individuals and he views them as being able to wake up and feel like a woman and the next day wake up and feel like a man. He doesn't think any trans need to take hormones or do anything else but say that you feel like whatever gender you chose.
This is a very prevailing leftist mindset where I live.
>>
>>6255687
It's not sacred, it's just most white FAAB nb have a high internet presence and can stir up support quickly.

They won't dare fuck with black or indigenous or Latina or Asian transwomen though.
>>
>>6255658
Whoa, a well-thought out post from someone who knows what they're talking about. Is that even allowed on this board anymore?
>>
>>6255610
>hurrr I like to wear bomber jackets and doc martnes sometimes...BOY MODE

>Mum you don't understand, I can be male AND wear a dress and makeup

Which one is it tumbrlinas?
>>
>>6255715
Family never gave me shit for not "acting right", I've always been allowed to dress however I like and have whatever hobbies I like. I haven't even talked about this to anyone irl. It's just that there's been a life long feeling that I can't identify with neither men now women, that it's all an act and that I'm a shitty actor. No I don't have autism, I was tested for that a few years back when I was depressed. I don't feel special, I feel broken and like a bit of a freak. I guess it would just be nice have an explanation or even to just have a word for what I'm feeling.
>>
>>6256343
Everyone feels that way m8. It's not special. Women aren't obsessed with being female, men don't "feel" male.
>>
>>6255687
How blind are you?
Do you just spend all your time in internet safe spaces or something? Most normal people have no idea what "non-binary" means and those who do tend to have the opinion that they're full of shit.
>All trans communities are basically only "non-binaries", who will ban anyone who speaks badly about non-binaries.
Sure as shit doesn't seem that way here. Besides I am pretty sure that almost all MtFs and FtMs would not like being seen by anyone as non-binary, let alone themselves.
>Non-binary is the most sacred "identity"
It is very clear that you're not living in the same world as the rest of us. Non-binary is easily one of the most trashed on identities. Often by trannies, too.

>>6255658

Don't forget about natural and involuntary non-binaries, such as intersex people, eunuchs (granted many of these are voluntary), so on and so forth. Some of us are NBs because of what nature decided to do with us. Not all have to be trans-anything.

>Idk personally I don't associate with white non-binary people who haven't been on mones atleast for a bit
I wouldn't call someone of any race non-binary unless their body fits the bill. If their body is indistinguishable from that of a typical cis person of their birth gender, then I cannot respect their "identity" of non-binary.
>>
>>6255691
Where I live it's very conservative. I get a lot of shit here for my androgynous appearance but I still like the location regardless, nothing beats nature like this.

Your location sounds like an open-air hugbox filled with whipped beta males and all the fixings.
>>
>>6255610
I have physical dysphoria to the point I tried to drown myself 3 nights in a row last autumn so I'm definitely some form of transgender but I don't get social dysphoria, so I think non-binary fits me pretty well. Been on HRT for 6.5 months and it makes me feel better. Definitely real.

The question of whether what you describe is trannyism is hard to answer though. Idk. I have legit autism so my internal sense of 'identity' in any sense is nebulous at most. Does anyone really "feel" like an innate gender? If it's not social stuff like clothes and it's not how your brain expects your body to be then what the heck is gender? I've never understood that whole line of thinking, as far as I'm concerned it's physical and/or social dysphoria that make someone trans, not anything to do with some abstract notion of innate gender identity. It just seems like words to me.

But I'm the sort of person who goes around w/ my FtM friends calling each other tranny faggots and making attack helicopter jokes anyway so I'm probably not representative of the trans population
>tfw arrive at friends' house party
>"better put the blackface away lads, Tumblr's here"
>>
>>6255658
Someone very close to me is super confused and came out to me as #3 on your list. She has some serious issues with dysphoria, definitely as bad as mine, and I'm just wondering if you might have some advice for them?
>>
>>6257930
Non-binary transitions don't have a roadmap, seek out an informed consent clinic and seek out trans youth support groups.

Idk desu I've been out so long and have been in the trans youth community so long that I don't think I can really help someone not already in it so sorry.
>>6256947
I was going tonight an additional group that included myself but I don't want to come off as TruEnbie.

I had breast growth and am taller and lankier than every member of my family, I don't have much facial hair and I have a feminine face.

not everyone needs that the people I was closest to had "queerer bodies" growing up and atypical family experiences that allowed them to express themselves however they wanted regardless of its supposed gender.

But I have to recognize in myself that not having those things doesn't make them any less non-binary. Some people really go crazy on hormones, some can't for health reasons, others are trying to work on the mental and emotional processes of transition because at the end of the day it isn't all about the body even with my own biases.
>>6255698
Ah, thanks anon. For about two years I was the only out non-binary person on here it seemed thankfully people are calming the fuck down about us.
>>
I can't believe this shit is being taken seriously. First otherkin and asexuals, then demisexuals and now this.

What the fuck next? Pedo and bestiality threads? Fuck it. I'm going to make a bestiality thread right now.
>>
>>6255610
>Are non binary genders real or just a delusion/mental illness?
When it comes to something that exists only as a personal mental construct (like gender identity) then there is no difference.
Your brain is telling you these things are real, and since it exists only in your brain, that means it's real. It doesn't matter where your brain is getting the idea from. You can't [citation needed] your subconcious and even if you could it wouldn't fix anything.

It's either that, or that any thought that doesn't stem directly from physical stimulus isn't real. We've been using that mindset for generations and everyone can see how shitty it was.
>>
>>6255610
binary genders are convinient but imaginary. Biology is granular, why wouldn't identity be? you can be born intersexed in a stupendously diverse number of ways even discounting transfaggotry. anyone who says otherwise legit doesn't understand how evolution and mutation work.

this doesn't mean you will ever be accepted for it, or that there should be a laundry list of shit everyone has to memorize. the lie is convinient for a reason, only shit I can ever see flying is male, female, neither, both.
>>
>>6255658
>Those who has gender dysphoria but don't necessarily identify with the prevailing trans narratives or connect fully with either gender.

I might be "nb", I don't know if I fully connect as male, but I definitely have gender dysphoria
>>
>>6255658
I like your post.
>>
>>6260950
That's real, go with it anon :)
>>6260959
Thanks anon, I have a lot of typos but glad folks got the general message.
>>
>>6256628
Trans identities don't become obvious by you "feeling like" a woman or man, they become obvious by negative feelings of what your body currently is being wrong.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.