[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Being a Club Dancer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: o-MY-FIRST-GAY-BAR-facebook.jpg (518 KB, 1536x1024) Image search: [Google]
o-MY-FIRST-GAY-BAR-facebook.jpg
518 KB, 1536x1024
Greetings fellow gaylords, I come to you to ask for advice: after having been rejected from all the internships I applied for, I am considering the pros and cons with moonlighting as a dancer at a gay club: I live in Atlanta, which as you presumably know has one of the highest densities of homosexuals and LGBT supporters amongst all major American cities, and after years and years of cycling and running, I have an exemplary ottermode physique with 6% bodyfat, large quads, and a woman's ass (I bring this up specifically, as having this is the primary reason why I consider this in the first place, as I get hit on my gays on a weekly basis), which would, I assume, give me equity in such a market and make the venture a lucrative one. However, should I even consider this, or is the possibility of getting sexually assaulted or abused too great? I'm open to all input, criticisms and questions.
>>
*cue rhythm is a dancer*
>>
self-bump
>>
Depends on what you consider sexual assault. If you can't stand to just be touched, that's an issue. You will need to watch your drinks, though - if something you've got a tolerance for is hitting you way to strong, have no shame in chucking it. When you do private dances people will want to probably stick their finger up your ass or suck you. You don't have to let them.

Atlanta only has like two strip/dancer bars, though. I mean, you could conceivably do the part-time stuff at Felix's and Blake's and the like, though, too. But our scene for this is somewhat dismal.
>>
>>6249797
do it, go make some motherfucking money and find a sugar daddy
>>
>>6249797
i was kicked out of a gay bar for being a passing tranny
>>
>>6250004
I take it that you live in Atlanta as well? If so, I have further questions to ask: I would only consider Blake's primarily; however, the gay scene/underground is completely, entirely an untouched and unobserved world for me, so I do not know at all what constitutes "good fun" from criminal behavior, for instance. However to answer your question, I would consider sexual assault what would happen primarily outside of a club (being harassed by patrons/other dancers) and being forced into "backroom" shenanigans as you spelled out. And I do not drink alcohol under any pretense or social pressure, so the possibility of being roofied is therein severely limited.
>>
>>6250041

It's rare that people are harassed outside of the job. And in situations where the backroom exists, they probably wouldn't force you.
>>
>>6250063
That is good to know. In regards to making any headway with this, how would I go about even bringing this up to whoever runs the clubs? What could the vetting process entail? Again, I have never even been to a gay bar or club, so it is a microcosm completely unknown to me

>>6250012
that's the goal
>>
>Atlanta
>gay
>club
enjoy lots of smelly thirsty blacks rubbing you up and trying to have awkward unprotected and unpleasant sex with you
>>
>>6250076

Ask if there are openings/say you'd like to work there as a dancer. Usually there's nothing - or used to be. Sometimes there's a brief examination, I've heard. If they like you, they like you, though. They won't make you strip right there or anything - not generally. Just paperwork.
>>
>>6250099

Have you been to Atlanta?
>>
>>6250104
Thanks for the advice. I guess the next step would be in taking the leap from idealization to actually getting the necessary steps done, for which I am afraid I'll chicken out on. What more could you suggest to me?
>>
>>6250133
Obviously
>>
>>6250147

Be friendly, have cute underwear without crotch holes in it, have some nice (but not *nice*) shoes suitable for it (you don't need them starting out, but as soon as you can), wash ya dick, wash ya ass, wash in general.
>>
>>6250226
If I where to go through with this, how committed would I have to be? As in, is there "no turning back" if a prospective first time out is too anxiety-inducing for me? How quickly does a typical club run through dancers, would you say?
>>
>>6250241

It's been years since I've been up-to-date. But from what I can tell, it's largely back to the old way, which is loose. I mean, people come and go all the time. Firing is rare, but people leave. Just commit to it yourself and if it doesn't turn out right, move on.

BUT, it's worth noting that it going "badly" isn't necessarily a sign of things to come. Like, if you don't make much on the first night, you may still get better (a lot of it is talking to people and being approachable and entertaining) with time and bring in a net profit doing something that you may ultimately enjoy.
>>
>>6250241
>As in, is there "no turning back" if a prospective first time out is too anxiety-inducing for me?
it's... a job... homosexuals aren't like... above slavery laws... they can't keep you there if you want to quit
>>
>>6250258
I see. The problem that would arise though is that I am a paradigm of a twink, however I am socially awkward and at most bi-curious, not fully-fledged gay. How could I become charming to gays without being a faggot?

>>6250264
I am overtly paranoid about this, I apologize
>>
>>6250280
Can't you just go a few places and watch how the others do it?
>>
>>6250280

You get more charming by practicing.
Like, people forget, but most of the time social awkwardness is a product of not being around people very much. If you look great, people won't care - awkwardness is even cute, really. It's expected early on. Lots of guys are bi or "straight" who work at these places, even lots of the twinkish types. That in itself is something that doesn't scare gay guys off in this context - they won't mind thinking you're straight.

Anyway, you just have to talk to people and interact. Can be about fucking anything.

>>6250312

This, too, but just go ahead and start and learn as you go.
>>
>>6250353
>>6250312
I probably should do these, this is all very solid advice. Since I have no bearings, what are the typical hours/days for a part-timer (as in: is it scheduled, walk-on, half-day's notice prior, etc) and pay range?
>>
>>6250393

Um... well, it probably depends on the place. Est? Any day, with more competition for weekends, something like 10PM-2:30AM. Usually scheduled. Pay range? Well, I don't know what they're doing now. It used to be they wouldn't pay at all at the main places, and they'd charge a stage fee essentially. But some of those places started paying waiter's wage (which is below minimum wage). I don't know what Blake's does. Since they aren't a *proper* one and do it less, they may still get away with not having any kind of wage. But your biggest concern, wage or not, will still be tips. You want to make good tips, and that's a bit liberating in this case because this particular job allows you a lot of room to encourage them.
>>
>>6250455
Thanks once again. Regarding all of this information that you've given me, if I should solicit for further information should I just give the people in charge of Blake's a call and if so, how privy are they to be truthful or deceitful? Additionally, what other clubs should I check out?
>>
>>6250476

You can if you want. But doing it in person's always best. They aren't going to lie to you. Not if you're not being cop-y, anyway. And if you don't know what cop-y behavior would be, then you won't do it and shouldn't worry about it.

BJ Roosters, Swinging Richard's, TEN, Felix's. Probably missing one or two, but could easily not be. First two always have dancers, other two are regular bars.
>>
>>6250526
I actually live very near Swinging Richards, I go running by there and see the "75 dancers a night" sign. What is that place like?
>>
>>6250737

I don't know. Never been there. Some people like it.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.