[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I thought sex and gender were the same thing, can somebody explain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: qt twiggy.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
qt twiggy.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
I thought sex and gender were the same thing, can somebody explain to me what it is i'm not understanding?
>>
>>6248025
Nope, you got it buddy. They're the same thing.
>>
>>6248031
alright, good.
>>
>>6248025

Na bro they are different , think about it, you can "have sex" with a monkey, but you cant "have gender" with a monkey. Therefore sex and gender are different.
>>
Sex is like your biological gender (what you were born as) gender is like a brain thing that you can choose
>>
File: 1408246382785.jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1408246382785.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
Can't tell if low quality bait, but gonna answer nonetheless:

Sex is biological, determines what genitals you have, and what diseases you are more or less at risk for (M or F), gender is something expressed in everyday life, and can differ from sex
>>
>>6253954
>gender is something expressed in everyday life, and can differ from sex

This is some silly new age bullshit invented by sociology departments and other weakass sciences with shit review and standards.
>>
>>6253296
No

This is one explanation I've seen.
>Sex is what's between the legs.
>Gender is which role you take in bed.
>Orientation is who you have sex with.

I personally prefer:
>sex is male or female based on genitals and secondary sexual characteristics.
>gender is masculine or feminine as hard coded in to the reproductive programming of the brain.
>orientation is which sex you wish to attempt to reproduce with.

>>6253986
Actually it is coming from the psychiatrists and doctors working with transgenders.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.