[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When do you think is an acceptable time to out a transgirl/boy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1463776577086.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1463776577086.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
When do you think is an acceptable time to out a transgirl/boy to the public? Do you feel like the people have the legal right to know, as they do for things like locations of sex offenders, gun registrars, etc. ? Why shouldn't they?
>>
>>6240952
>sex offenders, gun registrars,
That first thing is only once upon acquiring a new residence and then it's available to look up. The second isn't even something you have to notify people about, it's just put on record somewhere.

In any case, I don't think it's acceptable unless they're like competing in the WNBA or something kek.

I do think common courtesy would be to let someone know you have a dick/vagina if you're passing and getting hit on, though.
>>
https://deadname.info/

A few days ago, I noticed a tranny here afraid of this. I wonder why.
>>
>>6241140
just submitted, thanks. keep up the good fight.
>>
>>6240952
>gun registrars

You're an idiot.
>>
>>6240952
Never. It's a personal private matter.

>>6241140
It can be harmful or even deadly to be outed.
>>
>>6245757
it's not a personal matter. this is about your public persona. it's a sham.

it's not anymore harmful than lying to society about yourself.
>>
>>6245763
Nah, the amount of people that have been assaulted or outright murdered for being trans is ridiculously high, while no one has ever died from thinking someone wasn't trans.
>>
>>6245763
This >>6245776
Trying to act masculine every day is also a fucking lie. No thanks! I'm transitioning, I'll be my authentic self, and I'll be much happier. The only people who need to know are my partners and my doctors. That's it. you have no need or right to know.
>>
>>6245776
it's not even close to being ridiculously high. what kind of shit are you spewing? most of them are asshole hons that deserved it.
>>
>>6245870
http://www.thetaskforce.org/downloads/reports/reports/ntds_full.pdf
• Those who expressed a transgender identity or gender non-conformity while in grades K-12 reported alarming rates of
harassment (78%), physical assault (35%) and sexual violence (12%).
• The harassment was so severe that it led nearly one-sixth (15%) to leave school in grades K-12 or in higher
education settings.
• Double the rate of unemployment: Survey respondents experienced unemployment at twice the rate of the general
population, with rates for people of color up to four times the national unemployment rate.
• Near universal harassment on the job: Ninety percent (90%) of those surveyed reported experiencing harassment or
mistreatment on the job or took actions to avoid it.
• Considerable loss of jobs and careers: Forty-seven percent (47%) said they had experienced an adverse job outcome,
such as being fired, not hired or denied a promotion because of being transgender/gender non-conforming; 26% of
respondents said that they had lost a job due to being transgender or gender non-conforming.
• Over half (53%) of respondents reported being verbally harassed or disrespected in a place of public accommodation.
• Forty-four percent (44%) of respondents reported being denied equal treatment or service at least once at one or
more of the 15 types of public accommodation covered in the study.
• Eight percent (8%) of respondents reported being physically attacked or assaulted in places of public
accommodation.
• Police services were the most highly problematic aspect of government services overall, with respondents reporting
the highest rate of assault when attempting to access police services (6%), along with very high rates of harassment/
disrespect (29%) and denial of equal service (20%). More information about police treatment can be found in the Police
and Incarceration chapter.
>>
>>6240952
>Do you feel like the people have the legal right to know, as they do for things like locations of sex offenders, gun registrars

I'm in america and no one has the right to know whether I own a gun or not
>>
>>6240952

Medical information is private.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 625x626
>>6240952
>>
>>6240952
When the person gives you explicit permission to do so, and only then.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.