[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would a therapist react to a patient saying they're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: w-why.jpg (42 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
w-why.jpg
42 KB, 500x281
How would a therapist react to a patient saying they're self-medding? Is it as common in the trans community as I think it is?

I'm saying this because I'm about to start free treatment in my country (all-inclusive, FFS, GRS and everything) BUT it has 2 years of psychiatric treatment before hormones are dispensed.

I'm in kind of a hurry because I'm 18 years old with the bone structure and facial shape and height and hormonal levels of a 13 year old (might be intersex, idk) but a previous endo consulted for entirely different reasons said my puberty would take full course this year.

I started spiro in a hurry to stop it and it has worked, then I got on E, now I'm in full on self-medded HRT. I want to regulate it and not kill myself through blood clotting, but I also don't want to fucking become a man before getting actual treatment. Is this a good enough excuse to give to a therapist? Would it help me in maybe hurrying up the treatment, considering it'd be in their best interest for me to not fall over and die? Has anyone experienced something similar and how did you deal with it?
>>
>>6232534
Also, forgot to include that no matter what, I'm not stopping hormones, temporarily or otherwise. Shit, if I got institutionalized for it I'd sneak pills inside my ass. I'd start a program in the hospice to raise mares as a bonding exercise between patients just to drink their piss in secret. I'd cut my balls off and pretend it was a freak accident or something. I'd kill myself if none of that worked.
>>
also interested in this for reasons
>>
>>6232534
in sweden we have have 1 year of psychiatric evaluation before they will prescribe hormones. like many others i didn't want to wait this time so i started self-medding when i started the process. i told them exactly what i was taking and how much and they pretty much said "okay, you know we don't like you self-medding but keep going if you really want to", basically just shrugged it off after telling me that they advise against it.
i don't know how they would react in your country, they are kind of progressive here about this stuff as in they realise hormones are easily obtainable.
>>
>>6232534
OP, I am going to save you 2 years of waiting and make your transition happen so much faster.

http://forums.eunuch.org/showthread.php?23743-Calcium-Chloride-and-Other-Salt-Injections-for-Castration

If you've got the balls for it (lol), then this will speed your process right the fuck up with no self-medding. There are risks, but it's much better than cutting off your balls, or risking all this shit. You can get your balls removed surgically by a doctor this way, and have them give you estrogen, too.
>>
>>6232534

>I'm in kind of a hurry because I'm 18 years old with the bone structure and facial shape and height and hormonal levels of a 13 year old (might be intersex, idk) but a previous endo consulted for entirely different reasons said my puberty would take full course this year.

Lucky. But if you're already on hormones, why are you worried about puberty taking hold still?

The psychiatrist I went to, who I saw only once before he gave me the gender identity disorder diagnosis, was shocked that I bought HRT online. The endocrinologist I went to asked if I got the hormones I bought on the street when I told him I had already been on hormones for several months. I was reminded of an article I read about trannies and cis women looking for low-cost birth control in New York city buying a smuggled injectable Mexican progestin from corner stores and the risks that posed. Glad I don't have to resort to that. I also laughed knowing that if the internet weren't around, I probably wouldn't be self-medding because of how socially isolated I've always been. I would have no idea that you could get your hands on hormones without a doctor, possibly not even about transition.

Anyway, I'm American, if that matters.
>>
>>6232880
Not much worried about puberty anymore as much as them trying to stop my self medding or refusing to give me treatment altogether if I don't want to stop. But between femme body and free surgery and mones I'd rather have number one, I just hope I don't have to pick.
>>
>>6232802
Would you know how you self-med in Sweden? I haven't really read into it too much as of yet, but where do you get it from?
>>
>>6232817
Stop posting this. It is a dangerous procedure. There's trolling and there's murderous recklessness.
>>
>>6236305
If someone is stupid enough to do that without fully thinking it through, that's their problem.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.