[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tfw repression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 600x448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 600x448
how do I stop wanting to be a ftm tranny? I've been "waiting it out" for the past 4 years (I'm 18 now) to see if the feelings would pass and so far they haven't. Advice? Help?
>>
Hello me from 8 years ago. Stop procrastinating and just fucking do it. The shit feels won't go away, and you're just wasting your time.
Ftm guys pass really well. You literally have no excuse.
>>
Luckily FTMs have all the time in the world to decide, so get a degree and then transition. With the degree you can get a career and afford to replace your binder with keyhole top surgery so you don't have scars and the finest hormones.
>>
>>6212518
Bitter hon detected.
>>
>>6212518
Keyhole can only be done on guys with tiny perky tits. Most guys have to go for double incision and huge scars.
>>
>>6212499

eugh. i've talked about it with my mom before (when i was younger) and she is just extremely unsupportive about it and i don't want to disappoint her because she's my only relative who is still around. also when i was younger i tried to convince her to take me to therapy to see if a therapist could help but that never panned out.

i thought that once i move out for college then i can begin HRT but it's all really terrifying and sad and pathetic because i keep wanting shit to happen but lack the actual guts to make it happen.
>>
>>6212598
Get a therapist in college. They can help you sort stuff out.
>>
>>6212422
transition
>>
>>6212422
Hi there, FtM here and I just want to tell you that you're better off transitioning. I was 14 and vehemently denied being trans despite constantly looking up FtM surgeries and making friends with FtMs both online and IRL (there was one at my high school, cool guy, ended up giving me my first binder and a packer). By 15 I said fuck it and finally snapped out of denial mode.
I'm starting college soon and the second I move out I'm getting to a therapist and starting T.

The feels won't go away, trying to repress it by acting super feminine didn't help (I took birth control for unrelated period issues, that made me feel shitty as fuck also, so shoving estrogen down your throat won't help either.)

My mom isn't supportive and thinks I'm too young (I'm 18 now and have been trying since 16 to see a therapist but she won't let me, and I'm saving up to move in with my supportive best friend), you shouldn't be worried about disappointing her. She's the disappointment if she can't accept you're trans and would be happier this way.

Good luck OP.
>>
>>6212598
your mom will get over it, honestly

if she doesn't and she'd rather have a miserable daughter than a happy son she's not worth the effort

i didn't start my medical transition until i was 28 because i kept trying to convince myself that the dysphoria would just go away after a certain amount of time or after i finished school or after i lost weight or after i fixed other things in my life... protip, it didn't. don't be like me, just do something about it, don't suffer unnecessarily.
>>
>>6212902
How has your life changed after transition?
>>
>>6212422
Testosterone is literally he easiest thing ever.

Just sit back and let it fuck you up
>>
>>6212940
this isn't the issue.
>>
>>6212934
i've been on T for 2.5 years and am 1.5 years post top surgery. i'm much, much happier about myself and infinitely more comfortable with my body. it's hard to even describe the difference between the way i felt about my body/myself pre-transition and the way i feel now. i still have dysphoria and i'm not "done" with transition yet because i want bottom surgery, but i'm WAAAAY better than i used to be... i feel like a real adult person now, i can have healthy relationships with people around me, i can have a healthy sex/love life, i don't have to go out of my way to avoid all the myriad things that used to make me miserable when i was living as a girl. etc etc etc. a million things are better about my life now. it's hard to even believe the first 27 years of my life happened. i feel like i just started living a few years ago. i can't believe i spent so long mired in misery.
>>
>>6212598
don't have any advice but i'm in literally the exact same place as you OP, same age and everything

i feel like if only my family and friends were supportive it would be a totally fine. the knowledge that i /could/ do it without them, but i'm still too much of a pussy, fucks me up.

in a way i'm envious of mtfs, if only because the changes are subtler and reversible, & therefore easier to hide.
>>
File: questchin.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
questchin.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
>>6212422
Why do cats always chose weird places to dwell in? The fuck is the matter with them?
>>
>>6215000
Wait, you are envious of MtFs because they have the worse HRT?
>>
>>6215025
no, when you add up the pros and cons of each i'd definitely rather have T. it's just that one specific aspect would make my life a bit easier. i dunno.
>>
>>6215018
it's their natural instinct to find small dark places to hide. they just want to feel safe. don't be rude.
>>
tfw attractive girl, too scared to ruin it with transition
>>
>>6215363
attractive girls usually make very attractive guys, i thought this was common knowledge
>>
>>6212422
you're 18. You're still a child. Just wait, live your life and see how you feel in years from now.
>>
>>6215530
>child
>18
ok
>>
I'm a repressed MtF but not because I'm afraid of those around me not accepting me, I just can't argue to myself why I should transition. I just feel that there's no practical reason but self gratuitous for me to transition. I feel I should be a woman but I can't convince myself on why I shouldn't be a man or what is being a woman really.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.