[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok I am having anxiety attacks right now about my recent lab
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_0812_2 (1).jpg (81 KB, 500x471) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0812_2 (1).jpg
81 KB, 500x471
Ok I am having anxiety attacks right now about my recent lab results (MtF trans) please help me make sense of it

My doctor switched me from spironolactone to bicalutamide. Right before the switch in December my testosterone levels were at 20 ng/dl. Now my levels just came in and are at 365 ng/dl. My prolactin is at 17.8 ng/dl. I'm on a lot of estrogen and can post my regimen if it will help. I tried to research it... is the testosterone in there not bonding to anything just there? Please help I'm freaking out why is my testosterone so high?!?
>>
>>6199558

Well, spironolactone lowers aldosterone, and bicalutamide blocks the effects of androgens. So, the first drug didn't target testosterone specifically, and the second drug would merely stop your body from utilizing it... it's not surprising you have a shit ton in your blood. Neither of the drugs specifically stop your body from creating testosterone, just stops your body from using it.
>>
>>6199558

TL:DR is you are fine. You have a lot of testosterone in your blood, but your body isn't using it.

As for the prolactin... Normal levels in non-nursing woman are ~25 ng/dl. Which means you're probably okay there too.
>>
>>6199580
I'm also on 10 MG medroxyprogesterone, 30 MCG ethinyl estradiol, and 1 MG estradiol. Is the testosterone in my blood making me more masculine or is there just a shit ton of testosterone in there doing nothing at all
>>
>>6199586
Thank you. This makes me feel a lot better. Considering the only thing that has changed with my regimen aside from the spiro to bicalutamide is getting my medroxyprogesterone upped from 5 to 10 am I just not on enough estrogen? Even if there's no longer an antiandrogen suppressing production of testosterone I would think the estrogen would be enough for my pituitary gland and my brain wouldn't be requesting more hormone
>>
>>6199586
I know bicalutamide is supposed to make testosterone levels rise a little bit but that's not a little bit that's an enormous spike. Is there any reason for me to worry that my body is useing any of the testosterone in my body?
>>
>>6199599

I can't tell you to take more or less. That would be inappropriate. I can only how things are effecting you. Also, what are your estrogen/progesterone levels at? Are they within normal ranges for a woman?
>>
>>6199618
I'm honestly so upset my doctor didn't bother to order labs for my estrogen levels only testosterone, prolactin, and a general panel to make sure there's no liver failure
>>
>>6199605

DESU I find it surprising your doctor switched you from the sprio... It's time tested and proven to be the most effective long term anti-androgen.
>>
>>6199628

t b h to desu? really? cunts.
>>
>>6199618
I'm not about to change what I take or how much but I do want to know if I have any reason to be concerned with those numbers.

>>6199628
The spiro made me so dehydrated. It would make me throw up any time I ran and constantly go to the bathroom so he wanted to try bicalutamide because it's apparently more effective an anti androgen...
>>
>>6199632

It's sight wide, newfag. Everybody here just reads it as DESU, desu.
>>
>>6199640

>>...try bicalutamide because it's apparently more effective an anti androgen...

No way to know for sure. You get to be the ginny pig! But since it stops absorption and not creation your test levels will be high... but 365 ng/dl is still relatively low if you compare range of 300-1000, but the average male will be around 600. If you're not having any other side effects, wait it out.
>>
>>6199644

Joins the thread just to call me a newfag. Fascinating.
>>
>>6199657

Sorry, I wasn't being offensive. You were giving good information. But objectively if you don't know t b h = desu, you're a new person. <3

It's just a meme.
>>
File: 1411048974963.png (289 KB, 492x492) Image search: [Google]
1411048974963.png
289 KB, 492x492
>>6199558
>Please help I'm freaking out why is my testosterone so high?!?
Because you're a man.
>>
>>6199666
GO AWAYYOU NORMIE WITH THE TRIPS OF SATAN
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.