[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Homophobia is Misandry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11
File: The MRA Team.jpg (404 KB, 641x670) Image search: [Google]
The MRA Team.jpg
404 KB, 641x670
DAILY REMINDER:

Homophobia stems from Sexism against Men.

Men can be Misandrists too.

If you hate gay Men... you hate Men.
>>
Reminder:

People hate Transwomen.

Because people hate Men who don't follow their gender norms.

These people want you to be society's soldier.
"The disposable sex". Like in the primitive times.

People hate Gay people and Trans people because they are Men breaking their gender roles.

And telling Men how to be, is sexism in a nutshell.
>>
>>6188483
Hi Chris
How's it going
>>
>>6188637
Not bad.
I'm relaxed.

Still trying to help people.

How are you?
>>
File: 18498498418965.jpg (66 KB, 850x565) Image search: [Google]
18498498418965.jpg
66 KB, 850x565
>>6188483
>Misandry
>>
>>6188670
But WHERE am I WRONG?
>>
>>6188557
That's not hatred of men though. What is at the core of it is saying feminine behavior is less and worse than masculine behavior. That's why no one looks twice at butch women and people think FtMs aren't real, while disparaging femme dudes and MtFs.
>>
>>6188715
That's an interesting theory.
Honestly.
>>
>>6188715
umm mind adding me on skype and explaining this to me better?

[email protected]
>>
Transphobia is rooted in misandry, misogyny and sexism. Feminists hate trans women because they see them as men, and to them all men are latent rapists with male privilege. The idea that a biological male can be treated and respected as a woman is infuriating to them. Society also hates trans women more than trans men because gender nonconformity in male born people is associated with sexual deviancy and predatory behavior, while gender nonconformity in females is seen as confusion or empowerment. They also place femininity and womanhood on a sacred pedestal that is to be protected at all costs. MtFs are commonly seen as pervy men that are tainting or making a mockery of femininity/womanhood. This is why a non passing MtF is more offensive than a non passing FtM.

Both groups have sexist ideas about males and how our society should be. Both are sex essentialist and enforce sexed segregation rather than full equality and unity of the sexes. Both spread fear and hatred that reinforces the gender binary and limits gender expression.
>>
>daily reminder
>phobias and isms
>cartoony picture
Is this tumblr now?
>>
File: catch 23.png (356 KB, 1000x932) Image search: [Google]
catch 23.png
356 KB, 1000x932
>>6188780
You have your points

But this guy's argument is just incredible>>6188715

Thank you for commenting.
Feel free to keep posting arguments.

But i have to understand the argument i can't disprove/makes sense.
>>
>>6188792
*whispers* It's a parody, m8
>>
File: 1462988921802.gif (1 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
1462988921802.gif
1 MB, 320x213
>>6188483
>Homophobia stems from Sexism against Men.
Lol no. It stems from hatred of homosexuals you tard.
>>
>>6188845
I'm dealing with a better argument than yours.>>6188715

Please settle down.

And people hate homosexuals because it's men acting like women.
>>
>>6188656
Just chilling
>>
>>6188715
Okay.
I'm back with a question:

If people see being a Man as better behavior.
Then why are Women not encouraged to act like Men?
>>
pic is me btw
>>
>>6188928
>hating men
Then you lack understanding.
>>
>>6188939
but theyre gross and mean and scary
>>
>>6188954
Bait.
>>
>>6188973
its true tho
>>
>>6188880
Hope your day is enjoyable.
>>
>>6188887
Because it's considered silly for a woman to act masculine. As I said here, >>6188780 society places femininity and womanhood on a sacred pedestal to be protected. Women are socially programmed to be submissive and incompetent so men can placate and protect them. The tranny bathroom panic we're seeing today is indicative to just how much women are infantilized and coddled by paternalistic men. No one cares if a woman walks into the men's restroom, the panic is misandrist in nature and only focused on males because the safety of the female is prioritized over the safety of the male. Any male born person is passively treated by society as disposable.

Even AMAB transgender children are treated as a threat. They sexualize and make adults out of them by saying that they were born a man. Not a boy, not a male, a man. Through poor wording they hammer down the notion that no transgender woman or girl could possibly be innocent and vulnerable. Much like how society and feminism like to downplay the seriousness of sexual assault on men.

If a girl acts like a man and takes steps to look like one, people treat them like they're confused and hurting themselves. The agency of a trans man is seen as a mere joke or pity to most of society, a trans woman's is seen as a threat. For example, TERFs love to treat trans men as misguided lesbians that are mutilating their beautiful female bodies to be straight and have male privilege. They even go as far to say that they NEED more lesbians. Again, more coddling and infantilizing. For trans women, however they largely treat them as privileged men attempting to appropriate womanhood and infiltrate female spaces. They're seen as predators and deviants.
>>
>>6188483
cutie pi! i was wondering when i'd see you again <3
>>
>>6188715

>That's why no one looks twice at butch women

Butch women are seen as disgusting, uppity, or dangerous. I've had a mother drag her teenage daughter away from me, and all I was doing was walking out of a supermarket to my car.
>>
>>6188483
It is true that men can be misandrist, however it is not strictly true that homophobia is a form of misandry. Hating men is not misandry if the fact that they are men is incidental and is not the reason for hating them.
>>
>>6188483

More like Misogyny. Being gay is considered by guys thats a little too much into masculine shit as a "feminine act" and deserving of violence.
>>
File: fuck im exhasuted .png (94 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
fuck im exhasuted .png
94 KB, 1600x1200
>>6189221
Isn't that what they see Men who act like Women as?
Aren't they treated like they are silly?
Both are considered gross.
And both are considered silly.

I agree with most things you've said.
And thank you for expressing them.

But doesn't it work the same way fundamentally both ways for transwomen and transmen?

Both are forced into their roles. Both are seen as silly/confused. Both are seen as creepy and gross. Both still forced into their birth gender's roles.

>>6189308
THIS.
Sad truth.

>>6189341
I'm confused, are you talking about Hating individual Men? That's different from stereotyping.

>>6189376
Your logic:

"Men who act Feminine are bad" = Misogyny

"Women who act Masculine are bad" = Misandry(?)

Is that your logic?

>>6189271
Hello there, i was returning library music.
How are you today?
>>
Chris, you should really just get off the internet altogether.

Why don't you go be crazy in Tumblr's hugbox, son. They might even agree with you there.
>>
>>6190368
Too important to not spread.
And i'm too right.

Instead, give me a decent argument.
Good luck.
>>
Anybody agree or disagree with OP?
>>
>>6190639
I disagree. It's not that they hate men, they hate a certain quality of a certain type of man. Like, if a KKK dude hates black men, does he also hate whit men? No.
>>
>>6190744
Yeah that's fair.

But they demand Men stick to their gender roles.

They won't let Men be REAL
>>
>>6190744
They are forcing men to follow their gender roles.

And that is pretty much Misandry because you are not letting Men be themselves.
>>
>>6191329
But that's not a hate of all men, only feminine men. If it's misandry, it's got to be something that effects all types of men, not just one.
>>
Hi Chris
>>
>>6191378
>But that's not a hate of all men, only feminine men

If we're arguing about words, then, maybe you're right, it's not misandry. Yet I cannot help but notice the word misoginy get extended to the extreme every time it gets a chance, yet when it comes to men, people stick to the dictionnary like there's no such thing as an extended definition.

Denying the opportunity to ALL men to be feminine, while no such equivalent exist for women, seems to me an arguable case of misandry.

If you don't want to call it misandry, fine. Let's call it sexism and that's it.
>>
>>6189221
>>6188780
I like you. Is there essential reading on sexes and society you would recommend?
>>
File: 1463198915122.png (32 KB, 734x236) Image search: [Google]
1463198915122.png
32 KB, 734x236
>when anyone tries to rationally discuss with this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQI47mSpvgE

This guy is just a bully and a spammer from /b/ who says shit like this to get everyone mad
>>
File: 1456451099991.png (948 KB, 1177x779) Image search: [Google]
1456451099991.png
948 KB, 1177x779
>>6196943
>>
File: Chrishop Everyday.png (85 KB, 730x418) Image search: [Google]
Chrishop Everyday.png
85 KB, 730x418
>>6196959
>>
File: Chris Bishop 5.png (64 KB, 700x279) Image search: [Google]
Chris Bishop 5.png
64 KB, 700x279
>>6196970
>>
>>6191329
A men's rights activist would probably be against men taking the step to be "emasculated" or take hormones that destroy their virility because in their view these males are wasting their bodies when they should have ensured they pass their Y chromosome onto the next generation because we know that this tiny degenerate chromosome is dying out, supposedly.

I am just spitballing here but I think some men still wouldn't want to let men "be themselves" because of these above reasons, like ensuring that the male "race" does not die out or something.
>>
>>6196943
>$8 for an album
:^)
>>
>>6196989
Not a MRA, but I know a lot of them, and I assure you there is no such thing as transphobia in the MRA circles. In the extended manosphere, especially in the traditionalist / PUA circles, yes.

But MRA have nothing to do with it, and will advocate for the rights of men, would they transit to or from being men.
>>
>>6196915
I wouldn't know, to be honest. I just put those two posts together from my own experiences and observations of transphobia and sexism. Honestly, I doubt you'd be able to find any literature that acknowledges the misandry and sexist attitudes rampant in society and feminism that also recognizes transphobia as a real thing.
>>
>>6189554
>Both still forced into their birth gender's roles.

I'd say they are, it's just different for both parties. Trans men are forced into the role of submissive and innocent females and are ignored or not taken seriously. Trans women are forced into the role of a threatening and predatory male and are treated as an inherent threat to a female's safety, which is partially why trans women get the worst of the physical violence and discrimination. Sexism even applies in this situation. It's okay to hit a trans woman because she's a bio male and males are disposable and hardy, but it's wrong to hit a trans man because he's a bio female and females are weak and innocent, in need of protection. To society and feminists, a trans man isn't really a threat because he's a bio female and doesn't have a penis, therefore he can't attack or rape someone. A trans woman however is illogically deemed an immediate threat and should be removed and segregated from the females at all costs. The same stereotyping and sexist attitudes can be applied to gender nonconforming cis men and women.
>>
>>6188715
Women have had decades of activism telling them it's fine to do male things. There's never been a push like that for men.
>>
>>6197492
So some men that like feminine things assume they must be Transgender. Kind of silly, really.

I mean I'm a cis female, but I have plenty of hobbies and passions that are typically male. My career in a science related field (physics chemistry and math all involved), weight lifting, computer building, anatomical illustration, beer, shitty vaporwave inspired clothes and more are all associated with men. They're also associated with my field of interest, but most other women that I've met in the field are not as stereotypically interested in it as I am.

At first glance, I'm just a woman with some style. Something exotic enough to be attractive to both genders. That's where androgynous people fit in.

It's strange to me to want to"belong"within a certain category. It feels like a trap. It limits your view of yourself and thus limits your actions. I don't want to give up my freedom by taking on a strict label. When I feel attraction to women and a few men, it's mostly because I can't control it. I convince myself to like someone, but that ends up feeling untrue and that would only lead to bad consequences if I acted on it.

If rather just enjoy what I enjoy, and be attracted to whoever activates my attraction response, instead of being caught up in my head with idea of who I SHOULD be and what I SHOULD be attracted to.

I wish more people could do the same, no matter their gender. It's a relieving type of freedom.
>>
>>6197758
>how do a gender dysphoria work why cant u just ingnore it
>>
>>6197758
I totally agree with everything you said, it's exactly why I think transenderism is kinda ridiculous. To me, my desire to change the way I look stems from dysphoria, but to call myself a woman because of how I "identify" is restrictive and illogical. I have primary male traits, secondary female traits, everything else is just a mix of features that are culturally considered male or female. My pronouns are decided by whatever people identify me as because they are used entirely for their convenience.
>>
>>6197020
Interesting, thanks for clearing this up.
>>
>>6197827
You act like no one besides trans people experience any kind of dysphoria. Do you think everyone goes around all euphoric all the time?
>>
>>6199076
Living in the middle is kind of relaxing. As long as you take care of yourself physically, I mean. You seem really relaxed about it. That's pretty damn great.
>>
>>6199121
Exactly, maintaining your appearance in terms of physical activity and taking care of your skin/hair is universal and working on androgynous aesthetic is way more fun anyways.
>>
>>6188851
>people hate homosexuals because it's men acting like women.
People hate homosexuals because they're gay.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.