[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Transparent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: p10534242_b_v8_ab.jpg (426 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
p10534242_b_v8_ab.jpg
426 KB, 960x1440
Anyone watched this?

It's a show about an MtF and her family

Guessing you'd all hate it though since the main character is a hon
>>
It's all right, then season 2 is a clusterfuck I never bothered finishing.

I liked Jeffrey Tambor in Arrested Development, so I gave it a shot.
>>
>>6176634
>I liked Jeffrey Tambor in Arrested Development, so I gave it a shot.
Same

Don't like how Jewwy it is either
>>
The little girl from Field of Dreams is a total hen-pecked hun
>>
I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. everyone's extremely hateable except for tambor and I'm already borderline transphobic as it is.
solid 7.5/10
>>
>>6176682
>Don't like how Jewwy it is either

This. It's nauseating.
>>
>>6180136
He's the most selfish one though

He cancelled his daughters Bat Mitzvah to go to crossdressing camp
>>
>>6176465
The main character is a bisexual college student. The parent is trans. It's quite good how they handle the hon factor, treated as other even among her trans friends. They also do a good job to illustrate he had white male privilege before transitioning into her. The ramifications of that are shown at the end of the second season when the hon gets whiny with some terfs.
>>
>>6180251
Wasn't sure if I would watch season 2 but you've convinced me to give it a go
>>
>>6180230
I have to agree the mopa is the most selfish and oblivious character of all. But I do like in the second season he/she gets some self awareness and tells the son some really sucked up shit he and the mom did to him. But could have had more awareness and not fuck it up even more with that timing.
>>
>>6176465
Transparent isn't about transgenderism at all. Is about how neglectful, selfish people create more neglectful, selfish people. A tranny hon is just a bonus.

There's barely a person in the entire show I don't deeply detest.

The entire thing is basically pure horror. The worst scene so far was the ending for S02E02 where the main hon stares at her reflection and Sia's suicide song is playing in the background.

She's at the club, everyone is having fun, but it's too late for her. It's too late for so many things. She can't go back to her old life as a man, but she will never be a fully functional trans woman. God ...
>>
>>6176465
Watched a bit of it, but it's quite meh.
>>
>>6180421
(cont.) Actually no, the worst part was in S01 where we see how the youngest daughter is left by her entire family, so she then wanders out and bangs some random dude who's dressed like a 10 year old. Cried a little :X.
>>
File: Kathryn-Hahn.jpg (149 KB, 803x1000) Image search: [Google]
Kathryn-Hahn.jpg
149 KB, 803x1000
BTW, look at this glorious jawbone.
>>
>>6176465
drag race super is also a hon show
>>
>>6180463
Nothing wrong with it. Did you know in plastic surgery it's well known if you change one part of the face the rest will look different too.
>>
Show made me cringe at every turn. The story is somewhat decent, but the rest is pretty unbearable in my op.
>>
>>6180561
I agree. I just posted it to illustrate how a stronger jaw doesn't necessarily mean a person won't universally be considered female & attractive.
>>
>>6176465
I like the trans mom with the chaser boyfriend she's the best character followed by the political lesbian
>>
File: 420.png (26 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
420.png
26 KB, 640x360
>>6180421

it's realistic though

it's never going to be butterflies and sunshine for someone transitioning in their late sixties, it's going to be hell
>>
>>6180421
If only they didn't market it as such
>>
>>6180230
But his daughter didn't want the Bar Mitzvah. And who gives a shit about some Jewish tradition that they skipped on for one of their 3 kids. It's not like doing the Bar Mitzvah would have changed their money-leeching cunt of a daughter.
>>
>>6176465

I watched the first episode and was interested enough to want to watch more, but I'm not going to pay for shit, so I haven't watched further than that.
>>
>>6182290
is it just me or are the online television stations a lot better at doing lgbt shit in TV correctly? Sense8 was really good too for the most part. some of the trans scenes gave me relatable feels.
>>
>>6182388

My brother told me I should watch Sens8 (without knowing I was a tranny at the time, kek) and I've been meaning to, but I haven't found the time.

But maybe they're like that because by being internet-only, they're more indie than companies that have to broadcast their shows nationwide.
>>
Literally watched it after I saw funny clip on tv

Had to wait until season 2 episode 1 for that joke

Solid marketing but really gutted that the rest of the show isn't in that tone

>she used to accuse me of wearing her clothes
>did you?
>ofcourse!
>>
I'm pretty much just skipping over all the non-hon scenes now
>>
>>6186768
>wanting to see hons

Are you a masochist? I don't understand.
>>
>>6182412
>>6182388
Sense8 has the hottest transbian sex scenes.
>>
>>6186825
I'm watching it because I want to see a show about trans people
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.