[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>bite my nails my entire life to cope with anxiety from an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_0117[1].jpg (38 KB, 263x249) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0117[1].jpg
38 KB, 263x249
>bite my nails my entire life to cope with anxiety from an unknown source
>smoke when nail biting isn't enough
>finally learn why
>smokers breath and stubby nails aren't cute or fem, fake nails are gross and smokers breath wont go away.
>because of smoking HRT would kill me within 6 months
>mfw
>>
>>6170644
how tf is smoking + hrt going to kill you within 6 months? do you already have serious health issues from smoking?
>>
>>6170644
find a way to stop biting your nails
switch to vaping
grats you can live now
>>
>>6170787
No and probably not but I am just really scared of there being a problem because I used to smoke wayyyyyy too much (pack and a half-2 pks a day) for about 6 months until I cut back again to what im at now (1/2 pack a day, some days 1/4)

Ive been smoking for 7 years now ;(
>>
>>6170823
7 years isn't that long. quit fucking smoking. start HRT. lots of trans people were lifelong drug addicts before transitioning and are fine.
it sounds like you're just trying to find excuses to not transition because you're scared. talk to an actual doctor instead of making up reasons.
>>
>>6170812
I tried and they don't even grow back right. I bite the fuck out of my nails, not just occasionally. At one point it was like all day everyday just biting my nails because no matter where I was or what I was doing I felt really uncomfortable just being there.
>>
>>6170823
i cut back to ~1 cig a day and the doctors i've talked to say there are worse things. if youre still under 40 and can turn it into a special occasion thing you'll probably be fine tbqh
>>
>>6170834
I am scared. From everything ive seen on here for the last year and a half plus other places it seems like all it does is destroy you from the inside out on a molecular level. Sure you look good now but in 10 years? Not like it would do me much good now anyways.
>>
>>6170854
go to a therapist then. you're acting like these problems are impossible to surmount, but have you even tried? going cold turkey probably isn't an option, but why not get one of the autistic clicker bracelets to fuck with instead of chewing your nail (or something else to fuck with). or try painting your nail so they taste bad and you won't want to chew them. or go to a fucking therapist and actually listen to what they tell you.
>>
>>6170870
/lgbt/ is THE worst control group you could find desu. everyone here is angry and miserable. try branching out, or better yet find actual individual trans people to talk to.
>>
If it makes you feel any better OP, I went from smoking two, sometimes three packs a day to maybe four cigarettes a week by switching to vape, so it can be done. Just start out at a higher nicotine - usually 6mg/mL - level and work your way down. I'm currently sitting at 1.5mg/mL, and within the next month I'm planning on going nicotine free. I do it for the flavor now more than the fix.

You've got this.
>>
>>6170644
>because of smoking HRT would kill me within 6 months
Did someone tell you that? lmfao

I quit long ago but I still smoked a whole lot longer than 6 months on hormones and I was fine.

Quit and start, but if you can't quit don't let it stop you from starting hormones.
>>
>>6170644
Have you tried vaping yet?
Its much cheaper got my bf to stop after smoking for 10+ years at a pack a day
>>
>>6170980
the risk of cloths compounds, that doesn't make 100% sure, just pretty idiotic to try.
>>
>>6170870
no, the other way around. the longer you take hormones the better you look.
consider how regular puberty doesn't end until you are 21-25, that's more than a decade of changes in your body. while most effects of hrt are seen in the first 2-3 years your body will continue changing for a long time.
>>
Why don't you just take anxiety medications like normal people with anxiety?
just because you have disphoria doesn't mean you can't treat other issues.
>>
>>6175720
Vape is gross. I tried for a bit and it made my mouth break out in stores within a month. No it wasn't an STD I was a kissless virgin at the time, purely from vaping.

I am trying not to bite my nails and smoke just for today to see what happens. Then I'll try again tomorrow and hopefully one day at a time will work just fine.
>>
>>6170854
Why not just carry clippers everywhere you go and use them to cut your nails short? I used to chew my nails very often when I was a teen, but at some point I switched to clipping them very short and haven't had a problem since. Maybe also try popping some chewing gum in if it's the biting you miss.

For me the problem was that I chewed my nails because they felt long and gross, and because I chewed them they felt gross and wet. So I chewed them because they felt gross. It was a vicious circle. Clip them.
>>
>>6175953
(not op)
Gum makes me much more anxious, I start munching harder and faster until my jaw hurts.
>>
>>6170644
>Kotori UR
gg
>>
>>6175850
It's less regulated than traditional tobacco products so you probably got a bad batch of nicotine juice or whatever people call it. I tried to completely replace smoking with vaping a couple years ago and failed miserably. I tried it again recently after buying several disposable e-cigs in an effort to find a battery for these hash oil cartridges my sister sends me from Colorado. I just got a new car too so I what I have been doing is vaping in my car and then smoking regular cigs when I am out or at home. I tried vaping at my computer instead of taking my regular smoke breaks but I just wind up draining the disposable e-cigs really quickly. I am gonna probably go get an actual device and higher nicotine fluid like that anon suggested, but it may work better for you to try and incrementally replace cigs with vaping.
>>
>>6175850
your probably allergic to PG pretty common get 100 vg juice
>>
File: 407.jpg (58 KB, 859x723) Image search: [Google]
407.jpg
58 KB, 859x723
After a few months on HRT my urge to bite my nails went away. Now a year later they're really healthy.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.