[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If gender are sexuality are independent things, how do you explain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
If gender are sexuality are independent things, how do you explain that there are much, much more lesbians among transsexual women that cisgender women?
>>
>>6169520
Cause some of them are femboys who just went too far and it turns out that most of those are bi
>>
>>6169520
Confirmation bias.
/thread
>>
>>6169520
I always assumed the reason there are so many gay and bi trans men and women is because they're more likely to accept and be open about their sexually since it's such a minor thing compared to coming out as trans.
>>
>>6169520
If they were not independent you'd expect everyone (including trannies) to be heterosexual.

But you can change one without the other, so you get transbians and gay cis people.
>>
>>6169520
that has to be the most retarded question ever.

okay so take AMABs.
sexuality:
-the vast majority are attracted to females

now if gender and sexuality are interdependent and intertwined, then you would expect that the minority who identify as female, would coincide with the minority who are attracted to males.

but as people say, they are independent. therefore the minority who identify as female (transwomen) do not inherently cross over with the minority who are attracted to males (gay men).

there is no comparing to cisgender women because transwomen are not cis women, and any transwoman who claims that upon completing transition they're cis, is delusional. you are trans, you have always been trans, you will always be trans. you are a biological male with a female gender identity, but because your sexuality is independent of your gender, whatever put your gender identity out of whack with your anatomical sex, did not also put your sexuality out of whack too.
>>
File: ScaryMovieMissMan.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
ScaryMovieMissMan.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
For years, gays were in the closet & secretly created anti-straight hetero-phobic laws. For example the so called anti-trans laws. If 2 people of the same gender shower together no one cares; but if 2 people of different genders do, then everyone loses their minds.
By spreading fear of men we imply that women are safer around women so women lower their guard so the lesbians can take advantage of them. Then men being raise by women are constantly put down for their thought crimes until they realize its easier to be gay.
>>
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 696x966) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 696x966
>>6174932
That's not the way biology and medical therapy works. Sexuality is hard wired too and dependent on the former.

Maybe you shouldn't talk medicine if tumblr rhetoric is all you can offer.
>>
>>6169520
How could works like lesbian or bisexual even exist if gender and sexuality weren't Independent from one another.

Why are we having so many utterly retarded questions suddenly?
>>
>>6175167
>tries to refute me with that image.

even if it is the case that the two are interdependent, it doesn't change that OPs logic that
>if the two are independent
>then transwomen should more often be heterosexual
>there are proportionally more transbians to transwomen than there are lesbians to cis women
>therefore the two cannot be independent of one another

you're pushing a completely different argument on me that the two are dependent, therefore you should see comparable proportions of lesbians within trans- and cis- woman populations.
which you don't.

so, can we at least agree that whilst gender and sexuality may factor into one another to a degree, they are not inextricably linked to one another? because that's what the data actually predicts.
>>
>>6174932
>>6175216
Other anon, but you're retarded.

You went on and on in your first post, never really managing to say anything.
>>
File: Imagen 65.png (32 KB, 126x160) Image search: [Google]
Imagen 65.png
32 KB, 126x160
For fucks sucks I know the autists will never stop comming but at least think you might be sperging. Gender and sexuality aren't independent, they correlate to a certain point. Most gay guys have different tastes and express their sexuality in different ways than straight girls. You grew up a certain way and that marked certain things in your behaviour for a really long time.
That doesn't mean they are always the same or that you can get a set of data and predict how each person will result.
>>
>>6175234
i was saying something, i was just needlessly verbose and >>6174892 said it more simply before me.
>>
Why are the majority of trans men straight then?
>>
>>6175291
ftmg polls would suggest otherwise.
but here, i looked up a study.
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/12330147_Sexual_Orientation_of_Female-to-Male_Transsexuals_A_Comparison_of_Homosexual_and_Nonhomosexual_Types
if you scroll down to table two, you'll notice that they divide trans men into two broad groups of homosexual and non-homosexual as denoted by their position on the kinsey scale, counting those who rank 0-3 as nonhomosexual (their rationale for including 3 here is beyond me), and 4-6 as homosexual.
even then, 21 counted as homosexual, 17 as nonhomosexual.

let's compare this to methods used to study MtF sexuality a la Blanchard et al.
for a start, blanchard refered to straight transwomen as homosexual transsexuals because he still saw them as men, and he was extremely strict about who could count as a "HSTS" or to everyone else, a het trans woman. that is, they had to be exclusively interested in men, ie would rank as 0 on the kinsey scale. if his rationale were applied to the study group in the above paper, only 3 of the 38 transmen would count as straight.

i'll continue looking up studies if this doesn't satisfy you.
>>
>>6174932
>>6175216
I'm not trans but you're a honestly a disgusting predator. Shamelessly admit that you're a man in a dress who doesn't want to change that who just 'feels' his 'gender' is female. And then you go into women's spaces and creep on them.

Disgusting monster, I'd tell you to kill yourself but I'm sure the mobs protecting such places will kill you first.
>>
>>6175547
>I'm not trans
So now people are starting to do the "as a trans", but the opposite?
>>
>>6169520
You know what you should have done with that picture, you should have put a text underneath that said: This is a boy with a penis tucked between his legs.

Then I would care
>>
>>6175245
Yeah this.
>give a girl testosterone for most or all of her childhood
>being surprised when she's a lesbian or at least bisexual.

I know three trans men and they all like men as well.
>>
>>6175547
>implying i'm trans
>implying i'm attracted to women
>implying i'd use womens' spaces

explain this bullshit.
>>
>>6175563
I just think it telling how freaks like >>6174932 let out out that he's entitled to violate women cause he's feeling it.
>>
>>6175585
Disgusting animal who thinks his Emotions entitle him to rape women
>>
>>6175600
>>6175604
i'm writing this off as poor bait.
i like men, not women.
draw a line under it, sour grapes.
>>
>>6175613
Whatever you say, you feel entitled to boys too too, no surprise. I just think it illuminating you openly admit your feelings entitle you to violate others' person
>>
>>6175676
citation needed
no seriously, where have i even implied self entitlement to other peoples' spaces, privacy and/or bodies?
quote me.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.