[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rank the three following Gay Idols as to how big of a gay idol
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10
File: mommie.jpg (46 KB, 1200x640) Image search: [Google]
mommie.jpg
46 KB, 1200x640
Rank the three following Gay Idols as to how big of a gay idol you see them as...

Joan Crawford
Judy Garland
Cher

Add in others that you may feel are important or deserve to be ranked with those three.
>>
File: Joan.jpg (40 KB, 800x585) Image search: [Google]
Joan.jpg
40 KB, 800x585
>>6160414
>Joan Crawford has been described as the "ultimate gay icon — the martyr who suffered for her art and, therefore, enabled herself to bond with this all-important faction of her fanbase."[43] In Joan Crawford: The Essential Biography, author Lawrence J. Quirk explains that Crawford appealed to gay men because they sympathized with her struggle for success, in both the entertainment industry and in her personal life.

>Joan Crawford has been described as the "ultimate gay icon

>ultimate gay icon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_icon
>>
File: doom paul nightmare.jpg (134 KB, 680x459) Image search: [Google]
doom paul nightmare.jpg
134 KB, 680x459
>>6160303
oh god i woke up to this fucking movie on IFC this morning and it was like my nightmare never ended. seriously. fuck mommies dearest
>>
>>6160458
Why don't you like mommy Dearest? It's a classic. I'm watching it on IFC now, she just got done hacking down her orange tree, lol. Bitch had to be drunk when that happened.

>>6160414
I never knew Garland's own father was gay, I know she attracted gays like fly to honey but I didn't know she herself came from gay stock. Interesting... thanks anon. How do they know her dad was gay since that was so long ago and most people way back then were completely closeted?

>>6160303
Why are 99.9% of gay icons alcoholics, druggies, and emotional wrecks, lol?

I mean Judy could easily put away some bottles of booze and pills in an evening. She could drink John Wayne under the table, she was that bad ass.
>>
Judy
Cher
Joan
Shirley Phelps
>>
>>6160532
>Shirley Phelps
That little girl who sings about animal crappers being in her soup and being on a ship made of lollipops? How is she a gay idol?
>>
>>6160573
No, the crazy Westboro Baptist Church lady.
>>
>>6160303
>Cher

why do gays have such awful taste in music
>>
Judy Garland
Cher
Bea Arthur
Liza Minelli
Joan Crawford
Madonna
Barbara Streisand
Bette Midler
Diana Ross
>>
>>6160603
>why do gays have such awful taste in music
Let's take a step back and remember that Kanye West is still going strong because of straight people. If you want to talk shit music take a listen to Kanye.

Oh and please share with us what you consider to be "good" music. I can't wait to read what it is...

And if you're too much of a pussy to say, then don't bother posting at all, because no gay man here cares about what comes out of a pussy.
>>
>>6160731
I like Jazz
>>
>>6160303
I'm so happy I don't know any of those freaks

There is only on gay Idol, Milo.
>>
Dianna Ross
Whitney Houston (call her a crackhead all you want but she owned the 80's and part of the 90's)
Joan Rivers
Cher
>>
>>6160839

That's like idolizing some tumblr snowflake. Embarrassing.
>>
File: 1409825085041.gif (599 KB, 301x225) Image search: [Google]
1409825085041.gif
599 KB, 301x225
>>6160839
>idolizing milo
>>
>>6160303
>joan
>judy
>cher

Are you a 60yo fag looking for twinkies?
>>
>>6160612
Can someone tell me why gay icons are all women?
Is this just when trannys and gays were considered the same, because I care little for any of this.
>>
File: chad.jpg (28 KB, 360x490) Image search: [Google]
chad.jpg
28 KB, 360x490
>>6160961

because drag queens
>>
>>6160971
So since trannys are more accepted now, gay culture can start worshipping masculine idols instead of this toxic femininity.
>>
File: freddie mercury king.jpg (885 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
freddie mercury king.jpg
885 KB, 2048x1365
>>6160974
I hope so
>>
>>6160303
>>
>>6160974
Not as long as gay men continue having feminized brains, i.e. never.
>>
>>6160974

Drag queens rule gay culture, and they're not going anywhere. So no. It's not gonna change.
>>
>>6160980

>idolizing biscum
>>
>>6160988
Then gay culture needs to die. Just come out as trannys already.
>>
>>6160974

But gay men literally think like straight women.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn14146-gay-brains-structured-like-those-of-the-opposite-sex/
>>
>>6160996
>“Paradoxically, it’s more informative to look at things that have no direct connection with sexual orientation, and that’s where this study scores,” says Simon LeVay
>Simon LaVay
>LaVay

Yes, I totally buy this. Thank you come again.
>>
>>6161001

Wat
>>
>>6160974
Name some men you'd consider gay icons.
>>
>>6160839
Who the fuck is Milo?

Were you trying to type Miley as in Miley Cyrus?
>>
>>6160791
Yea, your taste in music is lame. Jazz only belongs in old timey crime movies where the setting is a rainy dark city and a good portion of the movie is a monologue going on inside the main character's head.

You are a bore.
>>
File: excuse me.jpg (341 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
excuse me.jpg
341 KB, 1920x816
>>6163124
Nick Jonas
Adam Lambert
>>
>>6166577
I know

it's why I'm alone
>>
>>6166677
What do you look like, what all are you into?
>>
>>6166725
>What do you look like
young Roger Waters
>what all are you into?
Jazz
>>
>>6167175
Who is Roger Waters?
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 652x408) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 652x408
>>6167919
>>
this whole thread is old men trolling old men
>>
>>6168569
>Not knowing and appreciating gay icons
I think we might have someone underage on our hands.

How old are you anon? No gay man over the age of 20 worth his salt is unaware or unappreciative of these individuals. I'm 29 and I adore all 3. Stop getting all hipster on us and being like

>Ewww omg thats so ratched, why are we talking about gay icons instead of twinks
>>
>>6166587
Nick Jonas is just eye candy that panders to gays with his body.

In that case most attractive male celebrities are gay icons.
>>
>>6171049
He also is a very vocal advocate for gay rights and his songs are more appealing to gay men than other male musicians, it's not just his body, if you don't get that you're no fan of Nick Jonas.

Also you didn't address Adam Lambert, surely he is a gay icon.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.