[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If there was a pill that(while under its effects) got rid of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 1451442675372.jpg (73 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1451442675372.jpg
73 KB, 604x453
If there was a pill that(while under its effects) got rid of your dysphoria, would you still transition or try to live as cis as possible?

You'd feel neutral about your your body while under it's effects, neither happy nor upset over it.

You'd also feel content with sex with your preferred type of person.
>>
I wouldn't be part of the medical trials, but maybe. I'd need to know more about how it worked.
>>
>>6158605
>feel neutral
>feel content
>neither happy nor sad
Fuck that, I may as well be dead . Where's the spice in life? Give me the highs and lows.
>>
>>6158642
You can be happy in your hobbies and accomplishments, you don't need your body to define your happiness.
>>
>>6158652
By transitioning I am actually happy with my body, why would I give up that happiness so I can be "content"
>>
>transition first
>then take dysphoria cure
>???
>>
>>6158668
Because not everyone who transitions are happy with their bodies even after years of HRT.

Some are destined to be hons from the start and know.

You could still transition while on this drug(as the title says) and the lack of dysphoria would allow you to function better in school, work, hobbies, etc.
>>
>>6158605
got rid of my dysphoria? as in, i no longer care about the body, or like ACTUALLY getting rid of it? because i'd take the latter in a heartbeat.
of course, that's purely hypothetical. i'm not even willing to take SSRI's irl, in case they fuck me up. so no.
>>
>>6158668
This. I'm FtM and I'd much rather take the testosterone and be mostly happy with no dick sadness from time to time than merely "neutral" about it.
>>
>>6158674
I thought this was hypothetical.

>transition like I did
Or
>take hypothetical medicine
>>
>>6158605
if i didn't have dysphoria then i wouldn't have needed to transition, so...
but now i've transitioned so maybe i would take the cure so i wouldn't feel like shit about not having a dick... hmm...
>>
>>6158699
Nope, you can transition and take it.

But you'd still feel the same about your body regardless while under the drugs effect.

At the very least you could even take it as a study/work drug while you transition so you can get things done without your dysphoria keeping you down.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 604x402) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 604x402
I don't understand why anyone WOULDN'T take it. I'd do it in a heartbeat. Transitioning is going to ruin my entire fucking life.
>>
>>6161737
What life faggot, you just posted on 4chan.
>>
File: shruge.jpg (5 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
shruge.jpg
5 KB, 276x183
I would take it. I am too masc to ever pass for a woman so I would be happy if I was just a gay man.
>>
FTM here, definitely would take it. But regardless of not feeling dysphoria, wouldn't that still mean I'd feel disconnected from my biological gender? In regards to socially and mentally and whatnot?

But I guess that doesn't matter, I'd rather be a socially deviated/inept girl who can't relate to other girls at all than have dysphoria.
>>
Literally what is the point of living if not to feel happy about yourself, not just 'neutral'?

Fuck no. My transition has been going perfectly fine and my body type and face are femme in the first place. This pill would leave me as an unsatisfied, thin, short femboy with wide hips and weak shoulder and round facial structure and then T would naturally turn me into an unsatisfied, short fat man or something. Fuck no.
>>
>>6158605
Provided it's feasible to easily stay under its effects indefinitely, sure.
>>
>>6158652
Yeah, but it's more like not really wanting to find success in your hobbies. I don't want to play guitar for a crowd and have an entire audience see my male body instead of my female soul. It is relevant. It's tough to even wake up and roll out of bed when you get robbed of childhood and replaced with a shitty one. It's just one type of existence most don't like.

A lot of boys wish they had vaginas without being full women too. It's kinda depressing. Biology and hormones and lust are all interesting and strange like colors.

>>6158605
I don't think so. I'm not cis. I am a female. I don;t really want to cling to mandom. It's not really the dysphoria so much as the rage at being labeled wrong. I don't get triggered or angry, just sad and depressed with myself. even if society is the problem I avoid the gender wars. Idk if I'd take a pill. That's very american and it usually doesnt work from what they all tell me
>>
>>6158605
I don't think I'd take it. I don't feel like I fit in with girls in general, dysphoria is just some icing on the cupcake. I can't even girlmode properly when I had to back before I came out as trans
Getting rid of dysphoria would be nice and all, but frankly getting rid of my tits makes things a lot easier for me cosplay-wise, I'm infertile even without T and have a pregnancy phobia anyway, and I never really liked being on the receiving end of sex. I might as well just transition anyway as far as I'm concerned.

That pill will just make me a bi dyke who can't even girlmode right
>>
>>6158687
>not willing to take ssris
>probably takes hormones
If you don't then nevermind, but if you do you're a fucking moron
>>
>>6166339
lmao you can't possibly be comparing those two things
>>
>>6166361
>two medicines that affect the brain in multiple ways, both with a long list of side effects
>one also affects your physical appearance and affects your body physically
Thanks for confirming what I already knew.
>>
>>6166375
lmao, spare me your armchair doctoring, fuckstain. show me your medical degree.
>>
>>6166375
you literally described it the way i would describe it, if i were mocking a person who has no clue what they were talking about. almost verbatim. wow.
>>
>>6166379
My only source is personal experience with both hrt and ssris
Fuck hormones
>>
>>6166395
grats on not being trans, i guess
>>
>If there was a pill that(while under its effects)
>(while under its effects)

naw senpai, i'm good. i'd be dead by the time they finish trials on long-term effects, and i sure as hell wouldn't wanna the vanguard for the trials
>>
>>6166339
>>6166375
All the medications used in hrt are used in other capacities with cis people too and are considered generally less of a serious medication than ssris, fucking uneducated retard.

Your feels do not overturn actual medicine and science.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.