[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What /lgbt/ thinks of early HRT? Doesn't this make it so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 17
File: 1462685299856.png (2 MB, 1141x1277) Image search: [Google]
1462685299856.png
2 MB, 1141x1277
What /lgbt/ thinks of early HRT?
Doesn't this make it so it's too young to consent to sex but old enough to choose your sex and ultimately your sexuality?
>>
It makes me extremely jealous like they will have a normal life that I never had a chance to have.
>>
>>6155443
Yeah, but that's already happening with normal kids everywhere when they hit puberty, irreversible changes to their body.
>>
>>6155443
>ultimately your sexuality
Why'd you add this bit?

>>6155458
This. Puberty chooses for everyone.
>>
>>6155443
I was looking through old pictures and I think ideally I would have had to start hrt at 11.

I wish there was a point in middle school where people get asked privately if they are comfortable as their sex. For most kids it would be an easy yes, but it would save so much pain for those that would say no.

I
>>
>>6155443
It makes me happy for them. Honestly, going 18-20+ years without HRT when you have gender dysphoria is like cronenburg body horror torture.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 608x256) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 608x256
>>6155443
>that image
I need to go lift some weights now
>>
>>6155582
Why don't you lift a phone and call up a therapist instead?
>>
>>6155443
it makes my dick hard
>>
>>6155493
>Why'd you add this bit?
Because there is some kind of wierd unstated premise, which is what OP is actually upset about.
>>
>>6155505
>for those who would say no
You mean all seven of them?
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 1024x523) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 1024x523
>>6155600
Because my only source of superiority in the world is my physical prowess over others. Sure I'll never know what it feels like to be a girl. To be pretty and happy and loved. But I'll be strong. I'll have armour. A physique that others already respect me for. One that keeps me from being ridiculed.

Tell me? What's better? Being a mannish hon who will constantly be ridiculed and laughed at and in constant pain. Living In Futile hope it will get better, my looks dependent on pure luck and surgery.

Or to be fully repressed and lift to flood my system with endorphins and testosterone to keep me emotionally numb to the fact that my dreams will always be dreams. And my appearance dependent on sheer brute force and determination. The only consolation i can have at this point.
>>
>>6155615
I don't care. It wouldn't be that much effort to have school counselors check with kids about that.
>>
>>6155622
>tfw asked by counsellor at age 12, but was afraid parents would hate me so I lied
>>
>>6155621
Learn Taekwondo
>>
File: kroc.jpg (53 KB, 539x596) Image search: [Google]
kroc.jpg
53 KB, 539x596
>>6155621
You could lift and transition.
>>
>>6155645
Holy fuck. You threw away a golden opportunity. I'm so sorry.

What age did you end up transitioning and did your parents end up hating you?
>>
>>6155686
That's disgusting to me. If I'm a girl I want to be completely weak and zero muscle
>>
File: 1462283321080.gif (3 MB, 280x200) Image search: [Google]
1462283321080.gif
3 MB, 280x200
>>6155645
>tfw given plenty of opportunities throughout life but I threw them away to maintain peace with my family
>tfw they don't accept me or understand, but are still letting me transition
>tfw I'm going to just have to accept being a tall, masculine tomboy if I ever manage to pass at all
>>
Jealousy. I wish that could have been me. Didn't get the courage to get a therapist til 17, and I already had a giant ribcage and obviously male proportions so I never took the leap. There's nothing wrong with transitioning around the start of puberty.
>>
File: wrefg2.jpg (71 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
wrefg2.jpg
71 KB, 600x800
>>6155718
You could stop lifting and transition.
>>
My 12 year old would punch you in the face if you told them they can't get on HRT and that they have to develop into a hon I am today tbqh
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 640x459) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 640x459
>>6155752
I've actually been pretending I still lift. All I do now is cardio and protein starvation.
If I still look masc I'm gonna starve myself to death
>>
>>6155757
you have a 12 year old too? do you keep them in a cage in the basement like i do?
>>
>>6155752
she literally looked like a teenage girl with a clip on beard on that pre-everything pic

transitions like these don't count because these people looked fem/had fem features even before
>>
>>6155789
I meant 12 year old me tbqh
>>
>>6155645

Your school counselor asked you without you initiating the process, or did you say you had something to talk about and they guessed? Did you give off any signs?
>>
>>6155752
>transition still didn't stop them from making that dumbass face in photos
>>
>>6155443
bad idea. The costs of those few who will become unpassing hons is worth it compared to the costs of fucking with a child's development who will likely outgrow any trans feelings. It's a necessary sacrifice the hons of the world have to make for the greater good.
>>
>>6155895
>letting a severely gender dysphoric child have the wrong puberty
>not permanently fucking with a child's development
Just because it lets you feel smug to condemn a child to a lifetime of misery doesn't mean it's actually the right thing to do.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 525x263) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 525x263
>>6155895
>Tfw Med Grad working on drugs that reverse puberty and an artificial estrogen that is so potent it can feminize even in the absence of AAs
>>
File: your tears.jpg (60 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
your tears.jpg
60 KB, 540x720
>>6155947
Doing God's work anon.

>>6155895
>pic
>>
>>6155443

I wish I could be counted among the trans people who started so early, but I don't hate them for getting that chance. I only resent my parents for being so ignorant and myself for being so stupid and servile.

>>6155458

What the plebs among the cis don't understand.

>>6155615

>implying this would take more than a week

>>6155757

I think my 12 year old self would punch me in the face for being a degenerate. Repression and self-hatred starts young.

>>6155895

>believing in the 80% desistance myth

>>6155947

I'm skeptical, even in how much it could do if it did work (like how it would affect height), but assuming you're serious, good luck and thanks, anon. I'm sure the FDA would approve it after we're all dead, though.
>>
>>6155455
this desu
>>
>>6155621

I know that feel somewhat. I try not to be angry roid rage bro since im femme at heart. Acting hyper masculine actually causes me dysphoria. Would probably accept being a mannish hon if the world was a very loving accepting place, and lots of girls had tranny fetishes.

>>6155686

I may go this route. I'm scared to death of strength loss and being a landwhale on HRT. I'm not that strong right now, and im prone to weight gain just on T.

Shit Kroc's bone structure might be close to mine even. I'm 5'9", quite overweight, very stocky, thick ribcage, wide hips, and broad shoulders.

When I heard about her everyone was like OMG AGP! I was in my Blanchard did nothing wrong phase as a self hating transgender. But it's actually about dysphoria and hormones as much as it is about being feminine and sexy.

>>6155718

I'd be cool with being a curvy amazon, I'd save the completely weak stuff for the bedroom. ;)
>>
>>6155935
>>6155947
>>6155961
>>6156346
It's funny how the most common sense approach is so triggering for some trannies.
smhtbh hons.
>>
>>6155895

They're not mutually exclusive. Put the little fuckers on AAs at age whatever and let them see how it feels for a few years before letting them go on E. Very few permanent changes that way. For FtMs you might as well wait till adulthood since T is so potent.
>>
it should be banned and the ones currently on it be put on a corrective testosterone regimen
>>
>>6156561

Do you think we're talking about putting every fucking kid on puberty blockers? Do you think puberty blockers even do anything beyond delaying puberty?
>>
>>6155443
Got any more pics of her?
>>
Absolutely allow it, but still have rigorous screening for it. Children should be asked about their real feelings, how badly they want to be the other gender, and they should be reminded what a huge decision it is.
>>
>>6156834
delaying normal onset of hormones effects frontal lobe development and bone density.
>>
>>6155443
Hypothetical
Question how should 15 year old get their hands on blockers or hormones
>>
>>6157558
by talking to a doctor like anyone else would?
>>
>>6157558
Get a letter from a gender therapist.
Talk to an endocrinologist and get your levels checked.
If they still won't let you, ask for your blood test results, and then figure out how to self-med. Post the results on forums and ask what regimen would be best for you.
You probably won't have to do this tho, after all it's THE CURRENT YEAR
>>
>>6157360
Please either cite or explain said "effects" because spooky, antivax-level conspiracy theory doesn't hold much water to current medical standards.
>>
>>6157250
Pedos please go back to /pol/ and deus vult somewhere else.
>>
>>6156507
I have the opposition problem. Since I repressed since childhood I have an involuntary disgust to myself acting feminine or being emotional

Like a self inflicted negative Pavlovian response
>>
>>6157655
I wasn't going to fap to the pictures...
>>
>>6155443
If a boy loves another boy and wants to transition, I think it is totally alright. They do it out of love. Trannies are attentionwhores, they talk about themselves constantly, then you try to ask about them and they get offended. Fuck trannies. Boys transitioning to become their best friends soul mate is where it is at, besides, fuck our genes, they don't decide. We're no slaves to primal instincts, we are our ideas, our creative expression of our souls.

Let them transition, fuck the dickmurdering tranny scum. The true expression of misandry if there ever was one.
>>
>>6157655
>>6157724
I'd be interested in the original source of the pics. I've read posts on 4chan saying it's faked. IIRC, it said they were brother and sister. I can't find a legitimate origin for the pics. I guess it's not really important enough for me to put in a whole lot of effort.
>>
who cares what jews do to their kids
>>
>>6157644
Not the same guy, but it is true. It increases risk of osteoporosis and delays the normal development of the frontal love, including those areas related to executive function (literally what makes you not a retarded impulsive little shit).
>>
>>6157920
I'd let anyone transition, because it's their choice what to do with their body. However there is a big difference between someone who needs to do it for medical reasons and someone doing it solely to win a person over romantically.

That's like getting a full body tattoo of your crush's name everywhere because they're a fan of girls with tattoos.

Also can you be any more salty?
>>
>>6157920
>back in high school
>had crush on best friend
>best friend says he would date a girl version of me
>fast forward a couple of years
>transitioned
>go hang out with him some
>he is really nice and treats me like girl, almost like his girlfriend, taking me places by pulling my hand, being really protective, taking me out on dates
>eventually tell him I like him
>he turns me down
>says it isn't because I'm trans or because I'm unattractive
>leave town soon after
>never see him again

I didn't really transition for him, but I can't imagine how horrible it would be to transition for someone rather than for yourself. These kinds of decisions shouldn't be about pleasing others.
>>
>>6158178
I think they have to agree on beforehand
then the straight guy can lean back and be like
Fuck, this is fucking crazy maaan
Then he will experience all the greatest hits of gay
First, super effeminate uke bf
Second, blushing trap bf
Third, innocent young dickgirl beauty
Fourth, megaevolved monster cock amazon

Okay, so you can't have biological children. What is the problem. Unless you have some recessive genes like blond hair and blue eyes aryan prime specimen, you don't need to spread your semen. The world doesn't need another jamal!
>>
>>6158105
>It increases risk of osteoporosis
Slightly, until they're either put on HRT or taken off of blockers. Ibuprofen runs the risk of causing heart attack and stroke, but I bet you still take it when you have a fever or a severe headache.

>and delays the normal development of the frontal lobe
Sure it may delay the average development, but it doesn't prevent it altogether forever. Do you know what else is delayed though? Puberty, an irreversible physical change to one's body.

Why is the option that typically leaves trans kids not suicidal somehow worse than the one where we force them to have the body and development we want them to have against their will?
>>
>>6157360

On bone density: On puberty blockers, it is true that children don't gain the necessary bone density appropriate for their age, as they continue to gain at a prepubertal rate. However, I think it was 6 months after being put on the sex hormone (estradiol or testosterone) of the sex they wish to be, their bone density is on target for the age and gender they affirm. Meaning as far as we've studied it so far, there are no long-term issues in bone density for trans kids.

I have never heard anything on frontal lobe development, but consider this: various parts of the brain have been shown to change depending on the sex hormone present in the body. Perhaps it would be due to this.

>>6157558

Start the legit way, but if your doctors seem to be jerking you around or will keep you waiting 3 months or more, do the following.

If you have yourself a checking account with debit card and your parents won't check what you're buying, you can go ahead and buy progynova from qhi.co.uk and spironolactone from alldaychemist.com or unitedpharmacies.com. Instead of buying spironolactone, you could also order procur (cyproterone acetate) from inhousepharmacy.vu or unitedpharmacies.com. Take 2 mg of progynova twice a day. You will need to take the spironolactone at least twice a day as well, make sure it adds up to 200 mg. If you purchase cyproterone instead of spironolactone, take 25 mg or 50 mg a day, you don't really have to split it into two doses. If you don't have a checking account or your parents might monitor your purchases, get a job that pays you on a card. Consider a P.O. box as well, especially since the procur will rattle like a snake. You could also just do this straight away and worry about going legit later. But, you might get GnRH going legit if you're lucky, which is better than cypro or spironolactone.
>>
Who will you guys take advice from on transitioning?

Femboys who want to look cute for their boyfriend

Or

Mentally Ill people who want to cut their dicks off?
>>
>>6158444
i want a cute hole for my bf to fuck
>>
>>6155443
>Doesn't this make it so it's too young to consent to sex but old enough to choose recommended necessary medical treatment
Yes.
This is not a new thing.
We do not withhold medical treatment from children until they are old enough to consent to sex and a particular treatment seeming weird to your feels doesn't change that.

>>6155895
>The costs of those few who will become unpassing hons is worth it compared to the costs of fucking with a child's development who will likely outgrow any trans feelings.
>for the greater good
In the world of medicine we use actual statistics and research to make judgments like that instead of just going off what seems right to your feels.

>>6156561
It's funny how you think "common sense" is you ignoring all evidence and data and thinking we should base medical policy on your triggered feels.

>>6156777
Sex affirming hormone treatment has been tried on trannies like with gay people and likewise proved ineffective.
Actual research and empirical evidence trumps your feels.

>>6157655
There IS a strong overlap between pedos and anti-trans trolls.
>>
>>6158444
nice trips but I would suggest listening to neither. lurk their generals for just a little bit and you soon find out that both groups are bat shit insane. I guess one thing the femboys have going for them though is they are less prone to being sexual predators.
>>
Jesus Christ there's like 12 tranny threads in the catalog right now

Just give them their own containment board already

I want the T to leave my LGB

>>6155443
I guarantee you that that kid will end up attempting suicide at some point in the future
>>
>>6158579
Upon further inspection, there are actually about 44 Tranny threads in the catalog right now.
>>
>>6158579
Are you counting troll threads like this one as "tranny threads"?
Anyway you're free to ignore the threads that you don't like, like an adult, and make ones you want instead of whining about others likmeing what you don't like, like a petulant child.
Also this is the tranny board, you faggots have multiple boards and /lgb/ alone wouldn't sustain enough traffic to be worth a board.
>>
>>6158579
>I guarantee you that that kid will end up attempting suicide at some point in the future
The actual statistical evidence disagrees with your feels.
>>
>>6158623
Where are you getting your science kiddo?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3043071/

>The overall mortality for sex-reassigned persons was higher during follow-up than for controls of the same birth sex, particularly death from suicide. Sex-reassigned persons also had an increased risk for suicide attempts and psychiatric inpatient care. Comparisons with controls matched on reassigned sex yielded similar results. Female-to-males, but not male-to-females, had a higher risk for criminal convictions than their respective birth sex controls.

>Persons with transsexualism, after sex reassignment, have considerably higher risks for mortality, suicidal behaviour, and psychiatric morbidity than the general population. Our findings suggest that sex reassignment, although alleviating gender dysphoria, may not suffice as treatment for transsexualism, and should inspire improved psychiatric and somatic care after sex reassignment for this patient group.

Turns out that legitimizing mental illness is more harmful than treating it, go figure.

>>6158615
The point is that there is certainly enough tranny traffic to justify a seperate board, it would also improve posting quality on both sides because trannies wouldn't always be chiding "cis" people in their own threads just for being "cis".
>>
>>6158610
i dont think counting every mtfg as one is fair, as that one is always pushed to bump limit before the new one is made. maybe you fags should just talk more? be less sassy bitches to each other? :D
>>
>>6158690
>putting quotes on cis
do you even know how language works, fuckstain?
>>
File: aphro.jpg (403 KB, 1817x2726) Image search: [Google]
aphro.jpg
403 KB, 1817x2726
>>6158690

You cite: Cecilia Dhejne. She has done about 35 years of sampling now and split it into 3 cohorts. Additionally, the data was only conducted on post-SRS trannies, which is about 25% of the tranny population:

1973-1989: higher suicide rates post SRS
1989-2001: lowered rates
2001-2010: no longer statistically elevated versus normal population.

>"A closer reading of the paper shows that the increased mortality is in those who had surgery before 1989, and that mortality in trans people after 1989 is not statistically different from the general population. A recently published paper by Dr. Dhejne and colleagues shows that the regret rate for those having surgery from 2001-2010 is only 0.3%. Dr. Dhejne’s work shows that outcomes for transgender surgery have improved tremendously in the past 30 years, which supports the HHS decision to remove trans exclusions."

You are objectively wrong.
>>
>>6158690
>may not suffice as treatment for transsexualism, and should inspire improved psychiatric and somatic care after sex reassignment for this patient group.
lmao did you even read this bit? idiot.
>>
>>6158690

Empirical evidence on the benefit of transition:

>Heylans et al., 2014: "A difference in SCL-90 [a test of distress, anxiety, and hostility] overall psychoneurotic distress was observed at the different points of assessments (P = 0.003), with the most prominent decrease occurring after the initiation of hormone therapy (P < 0.001)...Furthermore, the SCL-90 scores resembled those of a general population after hormone therapy was initiated."

>Colizzi et al., 2013: "At enrollment, transsexuals reported elevated CAR ['cortisol awakening response', a physiological measure of stress]; their values were out of normal. They expressed higher perceived stress and more attachment insecurity, with respect to normative sample data. When treated with hormone therapy [at followup, 1 year after beginning HRT], transsexuals reported significantly lower CAR (P < 0.001), falling within the normal range for cortisol levels. Treated transsexuals showed also lower perceived stress (P < 0.001), with levels similar to normative samples."

>Gomez-Gil et al., 2012: "SADS, HAD-A, and HAD-Depression (HAD-D) mean scores [these are tests of depression and anxiety] were significantly higher among patients who had not begun cross-sex hormonal treatment compared with patients in hormonal treatment (F=4.362, p=.038; F=14.589, p=.001; F=9.523, p=.002 respectively). Similarly, current symptoms of anxiety and depression were present in a significantly higher percentage of untreated patients than in treated patients (61% vs. 33% and 31% vs. 8% respectively)."
>>
>>6158690
That is comparing post-op trans people to the general population, not pre-op trans people to post-op. Yeah, no fucking duh, people with a mental condition are not going to be as mentally healthy as the general population even when treated.

That's like saying we should drop chemotherapy because people who have had it have a higher rate of cancer than the general population. It doesn't add up.

Also, what part of
>Our findings suggest that sex reassignment, although alleviating gender dysphoria, may not suffice as treatment for transsexualism, and should inspire improved psychiatric and somatic care after sex reassignment for this patient group.
sounds like srs is no good to you? The literal conclusion here is that doesn't work on it's own, not that it's worthless.
>>
>>6158690

Empirical evidence on the benefit of transition:

>de Vries, et al., 2014 studied 55 trans teens from the onset of treatment in their early teenage years through a follow-up an average of 7 years later. They found no negative outcomes, no regrets, and in fact their group was slightly mentally healthier than controls.

>Lawrence, 2003 surveyed post-op trans folk: "Participants reported overwhelmingly that they were happy with their SRS results and that SRS had greatly improved the quality of their lives. None reported outright regret and only a few expressed even occasional regret."

>Broad survey conducted in the UK. Unlike the previous links, it's not peer-reviewed, but the large sample size provides some corroboration of the above results. In particular, we have: (Page 15): "Stage of transition had a substantial impact upon life satisfaction within the sample. 70% of the participants stated that they were more satisfied with their lives since transition, compared to 2% who were less satisfied (N=671)" (Page 50): " Most participants who had transitioned felt that their mental health was better after doing so (74%), compared to only 5% who felt it was worse (N=353)." (Page 55): "For participants who had transitioned, this had led to changes in their self-harming. 63% felt that they harmed themselves more before they transitioned, with only 3% harming themselves more after transition (N=206)." (Page 59): "Suicidal ideation and actual attempts reduced after transition, with 63% thinking about or attempting suicide more before they transitioned and only 3% thinking about or attempting suicide more post-transition. 7% found that this increased during transition, which has implications for the support provided to those undergoing these processes (N=316)."
>>
>>6158768
>Empirical
I don't know what third world shithole you crawled out from, but this is America. We live in a Democracy, not an Empire.
>>
>>6158777
Nice trips and nice b8 m8.
>>
>>6158777
oh you :^)
>>
File: 1316816793430.jpg (12 KB, 385x278) Image search: [Google]
1316816793430.jpg
12 KB, 385x278
>>6158777
OKay that made me laugh. Nicely done
>>
>>6158690
>The point is that there is certainly enough tranny traffic to justify a seperate board
No the point is there isn't enough /lgb/ traffic to justify a separate board.
If anything we should just make this the tranny board and remove /lgb/ completely if you get so triggered by trannies being around that you just can't take it.
>>
File: 1402925701196.gif (3 MB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
1402925701196.gif
3 MB, 480x320
>>6158690
>Even though the overall mortality was increased across both time periods, it did not reach statistical significance for the period 1989–2003.

WOW kiddo.

Way to fail to read your own source and actually post something that says the opposite of what you want.

>Turns out that legitimizing mental illness is more harmful than treating it, go figure.
Nah, just turns out that you can always rely on feels-driven retards like you to misunderstand and misinterpret research to suit your agenda against what you perceive as "le degenerates", go figure.
>>
>>6158912
The only one feels-driven here is you m8.
>>
>>6158537
Cherry picking data so you can get at younger and younger children... wow, who knew that trannies were predators? Oh, that right... pretty much everyone but the hons lost within their own mental sickness.
>>
>>6158945
>this study agrees with muh feels about le degenerates, pls don't actually read it
>NO! pointing out what the study actually says is just ur feels!
>>
>>6159001
"Cherry picking" like pointing out that the studies you morons think support your conspiracy theories actually support the efficacy of transition?

I guess evidence that disagrees with your feels is emotional assault by "predators".
>>
>>6159032
Nah dude, it effects me about as much as someone with anorexia screaming about how getting liposuction is the best way to treat their disease.
>>
>>6158752
>suicide rates for trannies are significantly lower now

hahaha no

http://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/AFSP-Williams-Suicide-Report-Final.pdf
>>
>>6155443
That kid looks like the kind of kid I'd hate being around when I was that age.

The fact that zhe/zhi/xi will, from now on, be fucked in the ass regularly somehow makes me feel better.
>>
That Jazz chick convinced me a child knows enough to know what gender they are, but not enough to choose their own name.
>>
>>6159069
If it didn't effect you then you probably wouldn't need to characterize research that disagrees with your feels as "cherry picking" to disregard it or resort to ad hominems claiming without evidence that the people who you disagree with are "predators".
>>
>>6159273
lmao, what are you even on about you crazy hon.
>>
>>6159161
>lifetime suicide rates
>doesn't distinguish between rates before and after treatment

Do you not understand how to read research and just assumed it agreed with your feels or are you trying to deceive people?
>>
>>6159235

>In a Q&A video posted to her YouTube Channel in July 2014, Jennings stated that she is pansexual, and that she loves people "for their personality", regardless of their sexual orientation or gender status.

Wow, pansexual, huh? I guess she's a typical teenage straight girl. Maybe her name is short for Jasmine? I like that more. Though if it's really plain Jazz, that was a bad choice.
>>
>>6159326
... CANNOT TELL IF TROLL. DOES NOT COMPUTE.
>>
>>6159288
Sorry you're too stupid to keep track of the conversation, I'll try to go slow.

>Cherry picking data
All the data has supported the efficacy of transition, even the data that trolls misunderstood and thought agreed with them.

Maybe if you could find just one scrap of data that actually agrees with you let alone a majority then crying "cherry picking!" would seem less like whining that the facts shouldn't count because they don't agree with you like some sjw.

>who knew that trannies were predators?
You can't find any actual evidence to support your feels about transition being bad so you resort to ad-hominems claiming that people you disagree with are just "predators" trying to hurt children even though you haven't proved it does hurt children.

It's pure feels-driven "think of the children!" sjw-tier bs to censor data that doesn't agree with your feels and shut down debate because you don't have an leg to stand on in the realm of evidence.
>>
>>6159367
tl;dr
>>
>>6159367
stop trying, he thinks he's le epic maymay troll xd
>>
>>6159379
>reading and science is too hard! all I need is muh feels!
>>
>>6159393
at least it gives him something to do instead of killing himself.
>>
>>6159457
not like he's contributing much anyway... just grief and annoyance.
>>
I transitioned in my 20's and my girlfriend started t blockers when she was really young. She never went on estro until recently. I'm really happy for her, but I would be lying if I weren't jealous at times. She never really experienced the dysphoria shame and all the shittiness attached to being transgendered that I as well as most of us did. So on some levels she doesn't understand some of the things I go through, but at the same time I wouldn't wish that pain upon my worst enemy. Just my 2c not really sure where I was going with that.
>>
>>6155443
Wow OP

You really hit us right in our self-rightous /LGBT/ movement! We have been fools, supressing our own. Well, this settles it, from this day on foreward let us be /LGBTP/! The supression must end, or we just trap ourselves in web of our own bigotry.

Who are we to judge?
>>
>>6155692
started at 18, and my dad hasn't talked to me in two years ;_;
>>
>>6158537

Also age of consent is less about consent and more of a barrier to keep pedobear away.

>>6158241
>>6158429

TERFs like to hammer on this meme really fucking hard. Trans friendly doctor says puberty blockers are safe and reversible, TERFs start meming:

>Muh bone density
>Muh frontal lobes
>Muh gender policed kids
>Muh consent

Now I'm hearing that these concerns are exagerrated. I can believe it, TERFs and their right wing cucks get proven wrong time and time again. Pretty soon right wing cucks are gonna start memeing about the dangers of puberty blockers and the medical community will have to step up and correct them.

On that subject TERFs love to meme about Lupron in particular being used for puberty blocking. Apparently it's a very dangerous drug even when used in adults, so long term use in children will wreck their bodies. Are TERFs wrong yet again? Or do they have a point?
>>
>>6160628
What do you consider starting t blockers really early?
>>
>>6155443
>too young to consent to sex but old enough to choose your sex and ultimately your sexuality?
HRT is usually done through a doctor, so by your logic treating a kid with a broken leg is rape. And everyone, cis or trans, "chooses their sexuality" to more or less the same extent. Most people, before becoming adults, settle on which gender they're attracted to.
>>
File: 1456328230887.png (41 KB, 1356x176) Image search: [Google]
1456328230887.png
41 KB, 1356x176
>>
>>6156561
>""""""""common sense""""""""
>>
>>6161826
The TERFs have hormonal disorders, and maybe that could be why they get their "horrible" side effects.
Otherwise, it may be something extremely rare, like Stevens–Johnson syndrome.
>>
>>6155443
HRT is not permanent, but delaying it will bring permanent consequences if the child is actually transsexual.

Considering this takes a doctor to get approved, this does not do anything permanent so it can be stopped at any time, and the consequences from delaying it can be quite severe, it's best to let it happen than not.

At least for MtFs, which are really the only ones with a very short time limit. Really, the issue is really about stopping test, because once you get test it's done and it's not getting undone ever.
>>
>>6158241
>Why is the option that typically leaves trans kids not suicidal somehow worse than the one where we force them to have the body and development we want them to have against their will?
Don't they get more suicidal after going through artificial puberty than the natural one? I believe this is backed up statistically.
>>
>>6163585
>I believe this is backed up statistically.
it can't be. how do you meassure how many people who didn't transition or do anything about it killed themselves?
>>
File: 1456125139648.png (138 KB, 344x344) Image search: [Google]
1456125139648.png
138 KB, 344x344
>yfw you won the genetic lottery and still look like a teenage femboy in your 30s.
>>
>>6163000
before puberty
>>
>>6163808

Dang desu. Her parents got her started on them? I'm surprised she's transbian since she started so early.
>>
>>6161826
Well some of those things that are portrayed as awful negative effects like lessening bone density are just referring to mtfs because transition brings them more in-line biologically with women, who have less bone density than men.
Transition tends to bring the risks for most issues in-line with the sex the person is transitioning towards.
Really when you think about it, it's sexism defining the traits of the different sexes as horrible negatives that must be avoided above all else.
>>
I regret taking hrt :/ what ya going to do. I just have one question will my boobers go away?
>>
>>6163585
>Don't they get more suicidal after going through artificial puberty than the natural one?
No, transition is extremely effective as a treatment, not treating them is what leads to the high suicide rates.
>I believe this is backed up statistically
You believe incorrectly, just about every statistic that bigots have tried to claim show that actually shows the opposite, see >>6158690 and >>6159161 and the replies pointing out the obvious misunderstanding of the data.
>>
>>6163594
Well there are some statistics about those who identify as trans but have not yet been able to transition and their suicide rates however it is obviously incomplete data from the difficulty keeping track of people and all those hiding it due to fear of family and social rejection or even the common occurrence of parents/family covering up that a family member was trans to save the family from shame or awkward questions, people even do that about suicide in general. So if anything it's probably more common than what the available data suggests. Post-transition suicide is a little easier to keep track of because there are more medical records and it's harder for family to sweep it under the rug after the fact besides lies to locals and friends.
>>
>>6164028
It depends on how developed they are but there's a surgery for that, ftms get it.
>>
>>6163920
not sure exactly why she got started to early, but yeah she has a supportive family. infinite jealousy :(
>>
>>6164247
Did she start early enough that her voice never dropped?
>>
>>6164297
i couldn't say, i don't really prod her with questions so i'm not sure if it's something she trained or something that came naturally.
>>
>>6164247

Do you know why they didn't start her on estrogen earlier?
>>
File: 1462161695840.jpg (7 KB, 259x195) Image search: [Google]
1462161695840.jpg
7 KB, 259x195
>>6155455
>they will have a normal life
>>
File: alice.jpg (8 KB, 224x168) Image search: [Google]
alice.jpg
8 KB, 224x168
>>6155686
>>
>>6155686
i'm trans and i lift, but i don't look like that fucking lel
its all about the cardio and endurance training not strength training. look around at attractive cisgendered girls, most of them work out. i have other trans girls ask me how my body's so nice thinking it's some genetics/hormone wizardry, nope it's called going to the gym, eating healthy, and running.
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.