[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, so I was told that taking a daily dose of 200 mg Aldactone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: 1462198777114-b.jpg (15 KB, 227x236) Image search: [Google]
1462198777114-b.jpg
15 KB, 227x236
Hey, so I was told that taking a daily dose of 200 mg Aldactone and 4 mg Estriodal is enough to transition.

Should I be worried about anything? Will this actually work as hrt?
>>
>>6150660
Add 5mg finasteride and 1mg progesterone.
>>
Anyone got any info on this?
Tried google and most of the time, they censor the dose and not very helpful with the drug interaction.
>>
>>6150668
So adding that, it would boost the effectiveness of those drugs?
>>
>>6150668
What's the point of taking Finasteride if OP isn't having hair loss?
What you have is fine, OP.
>>
>>6150693
Would the Progesterone help if I take that too or should I just stick to what I was told?
>>
Bump. OP will be right back after a quick shower.
>>
>>6150660

Spironolactone may have too many side effects to work for you, if you find that it does, try 25 mg of cyproterone. If it doesn't that will work.

>>6150668

>1 mg progesterone

Isn't that about 200 times too small to be effective for oral progesterone? Unless you're talking about MPA.

>>6150673

Google censors it, or sites like Susan's place does?

>>6150681

Progesterone allegedly aids breast development. Not sure if that matters when you use CPA. Finasteride prevents the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone, which causes hair loss.
>>
>>6150773
>dihydrotestosterone
>DHT is also known as androstanolone (INN) and stanolone (BAN), and under brand names including Anabolex, Anaprotin, Andractim, Androlone, Gelovit, Neoprol, Pesomax, and Stanaprol, is used clinically as an androgen and anabolic steroid.
if it can be an anabolic steroid I'd assume it does more than taking your hair down, right? wouldn't it help to supress it?
>>
>>6150773
Sites like Susan's Place does.
A lot of the time, websites that look reputable censor the info and websites that look sketchy as hell don't and I don't feel inclined to follow that.
>>
>>6150730
OP is back btw
>>
What do you all think about 200 mg Spiro and 4 mg Estrofem?

Someone else was also talking about that.
>>
>>6150891
That's what I started on for about 3 months
Moved up to 6mg estrogen when it wasn't enough
Try 4 mg for a couple months I think
>>
>>6150990
How can you tell if you need to move up without overdoing it?
>>
Mmkay, did some quick research and found that Spironolactone and Aldactone are the same thing. Aldactone is just another name for Spironolactone, so essentially, Aldactone with Estriogen should be the exact same as Spironolactone and Estrofem. Cool.

So basically, my dosage for Spiro/Aldactone should be 200 mg and 2-4 mg for the estro daily. That sound correct?
>>
http://www.trans-health.com/2002/hrt-self-medication/

Is this good info? Looks like it lines up.
>>
This seems like a good thread to ask it.
Is there any downside to taking generics as opposed to name brand hrt?
My doctor has me on generics.
>>
>>6151169
Nah, it's literally the same drug at the same dose. That's how generics work for medicine, the people who invented a bee drug get the first few years where they have a patent so only they make money, but then it runs out and anyone can make it after that.
>>
>>6151176
*new drug, not bee drug
Jesus, I can't type.
>>
>>6151181
Bee drugs sound cute af.
Like, a pill that's shaped like a little cartoon bee. Like the one from Adventure Time's credits :D
>>
>>6151176
Thanks.
Also is it bad to drink a diuretic like coffee in the morning if you're taking spiro and estradiol?
>>
>>6150660
Well I'm an MtF who actually has an endo and my dose is 200 Aldactone, and 6mg estriodal, so I'd say that's about right.
>>
>>6150814

DHT has a stronger affinity for the androgen receptor than testosterone and it stays attached longer, but it doesn't result in as much muscle gain as testosterone. By reducing testosterone or blocking all androgen receptors, you're already taking care of DHT. I don't know for sure, but I think the only advantages to taking finasteride is lowering DHT faster and definitively bringing DHT down to zero. I'm not sure if there's much effect in actually having less DHT than even cis women do.

>>6150849

I lost a year I might have been on HRT because of Susan's saying "self-medding is dangerous" and censoring information about doses.

>>6150891

That's a normal dose.

>>6151108

100 mg of cyproterone is might be more than you need.

>>6150997

The only way is to get a hormone test done. privatemdlabs.com

My endocrinologist says to keep estradiol between 130-200 pg/ml, but normal female range for one phase of the menstrual curse can go as high as 350 pg/ml. It's up to you if you want to go against medical advice, but the additional risks would be increasing your chances of breast cancer and thromboembolism even higher. Again, not sure how much more feminization you might be getting vs. greater risks for that higher dose.

>>6151169

>Still believing brand name is better than generics

Nigga...
>>
>>6151716
Cool, my thread is still going.

Would taking Ethinyl Estradiol Drospirenone be the same as Estradiol by itself? Its basically a birth control pill.

If not, where would one get 100 micrograms of Estradiol or 2-4 mg of Estriol to take orally?
>>
>>6151831

/lgbt/ is a slow board, threads are generally made too slowly for your thread to be gone by tomorrow morning even if this post were the last to this thread. You should avoid synthetic estrogens like ethinyl and conjugated estrogens like premarin. Use micronized/17b estradiol or estradiol valerate. Synthetic and conjugated estrogens are shown to have some suspect effects in certain studies. Like higher cardiac disease risk.
>>
>>6151910
Okay, thanks for clarifying.

But approximately how much should I take of 17b estradiol or estradiol valerate?
Should I follow the link I posted above?
>>
>>6151942

Yeah, 4mg. If you choose to take intramuscular estradiol valerate injections instead of pills, you would take 10mg/ml every week or 20mg/ml every two weeks. The advantage of injections is your levels are more equal throughout, and many trans women have thusly reported improved feminization. Obviously, these are standard doses that work and are safe for many, but you need blood tests to make sure your levels are where they need to be while also keeping your health.
>>
>>6151971
Is it just called 17b estradiol?

Im a bitch with shots, so I'll probably go oral. I also have a horrible habit of picking small scabs, so it'd be best if I dont have a bunch of tiny scars.
>>
>>6152048
http://www.alldaychemist.com/progynova-5903.html

Would this be 17b Estradiol?
Looks like it...
>>
>>6152048
>>6152074

That's estradiol valerate, so that's fine. I'm pretty sure https://www.qhi.co.uk/ky.asp?i=Estrogen offers it for a lower price. Click "online payment" at the top to see the price.
>>
>>6152146
Thanks anon, you've been a real great help!
>>
>>6152167

You're welcome. How old are you, anyway?
>>
>>6152228
19 turning 20 in Nov
>>
>>6152244

Good luck.
>>
>>6152270
Thanks a lot anon!
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.