[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are there so many transgenders with asperger syndrome?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 1457717320220.png (827 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1457717320220.png
827 KB, 680x680
Why are there so many transgenders with asperger syndrome?
>>
>>6147170
FYI, Asperger's isn't really a thing any more, it's all autistic spectrum disorders these days.
>>
>>6147170
because gender dysphoria is linked to Autism which is why there are so many more MTF than FTM cause men are 4 times more like to have autism.
>>
>>6147170
Because you're more likely to have more mental illnesses if you already have one, such as trans, homosexuality, bisexuality etc.
>>
>>6147188
Just wondering, you got actual stasticis on that?
I can't find anything that isn't going off of the rates of people that get SRS, and that's kinda skewed data considering how much FtM bottom surgery sucks compared to MtF.
>>
>>6147201
*statistics
Can't type tonight.
>>
>>6147194
r-rReMOVE th-tHISSs fROM MY SAFESPACE!!1!
>>
>>6147170

Because you have to be autistic to let an abstract meme convince you to identify as the opposite of what your biological sex is. Non-autists don't even entertain those kinds of possibilities.
>>
>>6147188

The study I saw showed autism rates like this:

FtM>>Cis men>>MtF>Cis women

Where FtMs are mega-autistic, outpacing cis men by like a mile, cis men are a lot more autistic than MtFs and cis women, and MtFs rise a bit above cis women in autistic traits.
>>
>>6147170
because therapists don't gatekeep properly anymore to keep autists out. now they're more frightened of denying someone services due to autism and getting sued than worried about some post-srs regretful autist suing them
>>
>>6147264
>FtMs are mega-autistic
I believe that. Every FtM I've met has been extremely socially impaired and cringey.
>>
>>6147278
Remove this, hon
>>
>>6147275
I mean
with informed consent you can't really sue
since you take legal responsibility
>>
>>6147286
Why? They act like the autists in Foam Adventure, except they bind their chest, cut their hair and take testosterone.
>>
>>6147294
Unless you have personally seen the dick of every dude you know, how do you know you don't know some stealth trans dudes that never mention it? Or you might just have the bad luck to know a bunch of annoying faggots. Why is your anecdotal evidence enough to prove anything about every (or even most) FtM out there?
>>
>>6147275
>worried about some post-srs regretful autist suing them
Probably because transition regret is almost non-existent and lives in the realm of shitty /pol/ bait more than statistical significance.
>>
>>6147303
I didn't say I proved it. I'm just saying that I believe it since most out FtMs I've met are autistic as fuck.

Are you one of them by chance? Did my experience hit too close to home? If you should stop being a woman and get over yourself.
>>
>>6147201

Even if you go off studies that only factor in "identity", more people identify as MtF than FtM.

I always assumed it's because gender-nonconforming women aren't as bullied as gender-nonconforming men. So women are taught they can be butch and female, but men aren't as accepted if they're really feminine. But maybe it isn't environmental and it is linked to being a sperg.
>>
>>6147328
No, I just hate the incorrect logic of "every X I've met is Y, so I believe all Xs are Y".
>>
>>6147264
Post study pls.
I have a really hard time believing FtMs are more autistic than MtFs.
>>
>>6147319
yeah transition regret is non-existent for actual trans people. autistic people often have their own body issues where things don't feel right. previously therapists had such insane gatekeeping that, while hurting everyone, kept out potentially regretful transitioners like autistic people and people with psychosis or severe depression. that doesn't happen these days. you'll notice that a lot of the autists either have a fetishistic obsession over srs or don't get srs these days anyway because they're nonbinary

>>6147291
IC is a lifesaver but not everyone does it forever.
>>
File: AQ.jpg (142 KB, 340x455) Image search: [Google]
AQ.jpg
142 KB, 340x455
>>6147358

I think it was this one. This picture is from the study. Admittedly, I have never read it. The graph is pretty much as I described, except it seems MtFs and cis women are nearly equal. I can't post the link because 4chan thinks it's spam, but this is the title. "Brief Report: Female-To-Male Transsexual People and Autistic Traits"

We even had a few threads a year ago or something where anons, mostly trans, would take an online test that would measure their autistic traits and generally, the FtMs scored higher than MtFs. I think in fact a surprising thing showed up where the transbians were less autistic than the straight MtFs. But I don't remember if that's true or not, so don't take my word for it. Good luck trying to find those threads though, since the archive doesn't have search enabled.
>>
>>6147303
>Unless you have personally seen the dick of every dude you know...
Considering where we are, that is actually quite possible.
>>
>>6147629

All the men you know are likely to post their dicks on 4chan?
>>
>>6147170
We have no clue

Maybe it's not even related and autists are just more likely to transition because they usually have no social life/support to lose and might not fully comprehend the stigma

Although it's probably a mix of different factors, also most likely different to some extent for Mtfs and FtMs (since autism has been mildly correlated with pcos and shit in natal females)
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.