[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think that some artists do not want to be tagged as "gay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: frygay.jpg (57 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
frygay.jpg
57 KB, 604x453
My point is; you can see in this video to Laura Pausini she is a singer-songwriter from Italy very famous on Spain.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nENNHQM__xk
And she include all kinds of relationships because she is talking about love.

But then you have this one by Jason Mraz.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J74Y6kDDTkM

And I wonder why he has not included a LGTB relationship because it is the perfect video to introduce a couple and get more public.

But if he did not do it it is because he does not want to be tagged as gay friendly or because of the record company that does not want that even if he wants. Both ways it seems to me incredible being on 21st century.

So what it is your opinion about it.
>>
>>6147031
my opinion is that you type like you're having a fucking stroke
>>
Because we live in a heteronormative society and we always will. This is a non-issue and you have terrible taste in music.
>>
Most love songs or music videos don't advertise gay love.
Wouldn't necessarily mean the artist is against it, but just going with what sells. An artist pandering to gay people in everything they do would be worse.
>>
>>6147031
>Most love songs or music videos don't advertise gay love.
>Wouldn't necessarily mean the artist is against it, but just going with what sells. An artist pandering to gay people in everything they do would be worse.
I do not say that he has to do it in every single video but it seems to me strange that in that particular video in which he had the opportunity he did not. So we arrive where we started, if it is because of him or the record company the fact is that today there are some artists/record comp. who are afraid of beeing tagged as gay friendly fearing loosing potencial heterosexual public.
>>
>>6147031

I thought that I got the impression somewhere that Jason Mraz was a big gay ally? I think an interview around the prop 8 or supreme court decision era gave me that impression.

Honestly, at one point I thought he was a fruit himself.
>>
>>6147031
Wooooooooow, she included two seconds of a man touching another man on the stomach. So ally. Much bravery.
>>
>>6148096
That seems like a non issue.
Don't look to celebrities to validate gay love.
If you're worried about their stance on it, a quick google search will help you.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.