[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
non-binary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: maria.jpg (25 KB, 720x449) Image search: [Google]
maria.jpg
25 KB, 720x449
So what do you gays think of non binary people? I think it makes sense that if there are people who feel dysphoria for the opposite gender, there could be people who are stuck in the middle. On the other hand, most people aren't "totally" on one side of gender.

Also:
>Most non binary people I've heard of are females
> I know a lot of sort of borderlinish females who are non binary
> I've never heard of a non-feminist non binary person ever. Unlike normal trannies, it seems to exist primarily in the social justice camp
> a lot of non binary people are indistinguishable from regular girls or look like butch/soft butch
>>
>>6130964

>non binary people

Special snowflake sexuality.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>6130964
Most of them are really just women with some kind of complex. For the benefit of the doubt, I'd say there's a few legitimate non-binary people.

Most of them just come across to me as women who experienced sexism for not being 'womanly enough', and their course of action was "well that means I'm not a real woman. I'm a demi-girl/voidgender/neutrois".
>>
>>6130975

I don't know where you live, but anywhere that has only two type of people sounds as boring as your sense of humour.
>>
>>6130996

Where does "non-binary" fit in LGBT?
>>
>>6130964
Why is non-binary or genderqueer even a thing? All of these people are just gender-nonconforming or androgynous. That's it.
>>
>>6130996
"two types of people"

Are you basically saying that someone's gender is their personality or something?
>>
File: fuck off.png (639 KB, 610x610) Image search: [Google]
fuck off.png
639 KB, 610x610
I don't fucking get it. Like part of me and the IRL side of me is like oh yeah you do you man or woman or xe, whatever the flavor of the day is for you. The other part of me is like dude you're a bi chick trying to be different. Literally the only NB person I've know is literally this picture. It was fucking retarded.
>>
>>6131013
I agree with this. Gender could probably be summed up like this:

Women
Men
Androgyn
Transwomen
Transmen
>>
>>6130964
I don't care about them.
I wonder if most of these people do that before deciding on a gender to land on.

I don't think it's anything to support, or hate on. It's whatever.
>>
as an ftm I used to hate non binary until my roommates came out to me. Their chill as fuck and don't care whether I call them he/she/they.
>>
>>6130964
I used to think of them as crazy ass tumblr snowflakes desperate for attention but then I started lurking /lgbt/ tranny threads and interacting with trannies a little bit. Now I just see the trannies and the non-binaries as about equal in their craziness. I just don't really care any more they deserve each other I guess.
>>
>>6131015
>>6131008

I'd mock your reading comprehension, but it'd be pointless as you wouldn't understand what I was saying anyway.
>>
>>6131122
>ad-hominem
What are you 12?
>>
>>6131122

Sure, that's because I don't understand snowflakean.

>>6131094

What I hate about snowflakes is that there are an infinite number of ambiguous definitions. Which I have always to look up.
>>
>>6131137

See what I mean?
>>
>>6130964
Non-binary = genderqueer = theory invented for political subversion.
Forget what it seems like and remember this well.
>>
>>6131056
Wrong. Gender only comes in two flavors. Man or woman. All the other "genders" are just mixes of the same two flavors including its absence.
>>
>>6131138
>infinite number of ambiguous definitions.
Yeah, this is true and I mean I actually feel sorry for the trannies but both groups are just exhausting to interact with.
>>
>>6131185
Person who posted the post you referenced. I'm pretty much in agreement.
>>
File: 1462007825571.gif (938 KB, 245x340) Image search: [Google]
1462007825571.gif
938 KB, 245x340
>>6130996
>two types of people

Hurt durrr identities are the only interesting things about people
>>
File: tumblr_nsbizxvNxM1ur401vo1_1280.jpg (106 KB, 855x640) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsbizxvNxM1ur401vo1_1280.jpg
106 KB, 855x640
>>6131122
> HA you retards aren't tumblr educated like me, I won't even explain myself since it's not my job to educate yourself, plebs I'm a perfect entity
>>
1/3rd of them will end up being ftm

another third are women who are considered ugly or below average and wants to join in opression olympics because of tumblr so they call themselves nonbinarg but rarely adopt any masculine way of dress/features

another third are strangely good looking women who like this nonbinary trend on tumblr and dress masculine and cut their hair short and after a year or two just drop the act
>>
>>6130964
imo, and this may be a sweeping generalization, non binary males are trannies that are still somewhat in denial.
and non binary females are just butch lesbos and/or sjw special snoflakes that are trying to "bring down the patriarchy"
>>
>>6131427
all of this
>>
>>6130964
>non binary
>real
>>
>>6131427
A haircut is a sexuality bro
>>
The amount of misinformation ITT is staggering.

>NB are women
Fuck no, by the very definition non-binary people are not women. How hard is it to understand this?

The term you people are looking for is AFAB, and that is still very wrong, because a lot of non-binary people are AMAB.

Also, being non-binary doesn't say anything about a person's sexuality.
The trans* gays and lesbians have been trying to explain to you guys that gender and sexuality are different things for half a century and you still don't get it.
>>
>>6130989
This.
Most AFAB non binaries are teen/college age women that discovered third wave feminism ten minutes ago and don't know how to turn it off. They obsess about sex roles, the male gaze, etc and pick apart every media (it's all problematic!) until they don't have any cool down space/hobby. Eventually they worry themselves sick over this inescapable cage of sexism and desperately label themselves as something, anything else to get away from it and RELAX.
They deserve pity tbqhfamilia.
>>
>>6138454
>because a lot of non-binary people are AMAB.
No, I could probably count all the AMAD NBs, in the world, on one hand.

>The trans* gays and lesbians have been trying to explain to you guys that gender and sexuality are different things for half a century and you still don't get it.
And the trans people have been telling you to stop appropriating our condition, and find another way to get attention/finding a group you belong to, for at least half a decade now.
>>
>>6130964
I wouldn't call myself non-binary but I'm a femboy who pops hormones, identifies as a boy still, but looks really androgynous and feminine, to the point that often boymode fails until I open my mouth. Yet I have a dick and y chromosomes, a guy voice, etc. I see myself as a guy who took hormones for body modification purposes, but basically people are confused as shit about what I am and I'm in this zone where I've got traits of both genders but fully fit into neither.

That said I still identify as a boy, just one who is really feminine and cute. I guess you could call that non-binary because I'm truly inbetween, physically, but I'd never label myself with something that cringey.

I couldn't respect the opinion of someone who called themselves non-binary yet didn't take any hormones to make themselves truly appear inbetween genders or even close to the opposite gender, but still identifying and presenting as their original one, like me.
>>
>>6130964
I believe there are literally two NBGs. Bigender and agender. You are either male, female, both, or neither. Enough of this mayo-gender nonsense.
>>
>>6138454
>The term you people are looking for is AFAB, and that is still very wrong, because a lot of non-binary people are AMAB.

Semantics issue. Interestingly enough, you still understood what I was trying to get at. Most non binary people are female.

Sjws seperate the word man and woman from male and female, even though most people don't. Assigned male at birth is such a fucking stupid phrase when it is used. Male -> sex, not gender according to sjw speech but then they use amab as if it means assigning a person's gender.
>>
>>6130964

Between the two extreme ends of human sexuality - male and female - lie a poorly understood and poorly studied spectrum of ambiguously defined sexual identities that are very much a part of the human condition but defy rigid classification. "Bigender" is a recently formed sub-category of transgenderism, describing individuals who experience a blending or alternation of gender states. While recognized nominally by the APA, no scientific work to our knowledge has addressed this fascinating condition, or proposed any physiological basis for it. In addition, the alternation aspect has not been proposed as a nosological entity distinct from blending. We present descriptive data suggesting that many bigender individuals experience an involuntary switching of gender states without any amnesia for either state. In addition, similar to transsexual individuals, the majority of bigender individuals experience phantom breasts or genitalia corresponding to the non-biologic gender when they are in a trans-gender state. Finally, our survey found decreased lateralization of handedness in the bigender community. These observations suggest a biologic basis of bigenderism and lead us to propose a novel gender condition, "alternating gender incongruity" (AGI). We hypothesize that AGI may be related to an unusual degree or depth of hemispheric switching and corresponding callosal suppression of sex appropriate body maps in parietal cortex- possibly the superior parietal lobule- and its reciprocal connections with the insula and hypothalamus.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22364652
>>
>>6138738
It largely depends on what circles you run in. IME the furry fandom is absolutely crawling with AMAB NBs, with AFABs a very distant second. Anime and cosplay is about 50/50. Yeah, the more vocal NBs tend to be AFAB and on tumblr, but don't confuse tumblr for the whole world.
>>
>>6130964
i am a non-binary male (penis) and i'm not borderlinish; also i like my ding dong
>>
>>6131185
wrong. gender comes as neutral, it stretch itself to fit some cultural behaviours, essentially gender is just a bunch of rules based on your genitals but you don't necessarily have to "obey" those rules. for example there's nothing wrong if you have vagina and you like cars
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.