[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Isn't it kind of difficult to believe transgender dysph
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 7
File: maxresdefault.jpg (30 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
30 KB, 1280x720
Isn't it kind of difficult to believe transgender dysphoria is a legitimate condition when someone diagnosed Chris-chan with it? It would seem more legitimate to me if they actually used an MRI based diagnostic instead of some psychiatrist's opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIuNlPpQ09I
>>
>>6118228
he's not diagnosed with it

self-diagnosis = unacceptable
>>
>>6118242
Except Chris chan's doctor did diagnose him with gender dysphoria.
Besides there are tons of regulars on mtfg that self med and refuse to see doctors to get diagnosed so your self-diagnosis bigotry is not needed here.
>>
Sonic the Hedgehog: Not even once
>>
>>6118242

ok, well in that case, Bruce Jenner was diagnosed with it, wasn't he? The point being it's just some guy's opinion so anyone can be diagnosed with it. Diagnosis should be based on actual, physical evidence, not psychiatric guesswork.
>>
>>6118228
Wtf is this thing? Seriously new around here and heard the name but wtf?
>>
>>6118269

It's just a typical transwoman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd-46iroU1E
>>
>>6118259
Getting a diagnosis really isn't that hard always. I can tell you about a letter mill in Central Florida that will give anyone a letter... They just want $$
>>
>>6118228
Chris-chan was trolled and harassed for years. All the youtube comments said he was gay. He was targeted by Alhuvvia Harrel (sp?) and got convinced to crossdress and transition. He has severe autism which is correlated with discomfort in body, social situations, sex, gender expectations and all that good stuff. He isn't trans.
>>
>>6118283

>Alhuvvia Harrel (sp?)

Ahuviya Harel
>>
>>6118264
Unfortunately that requires cutting open someones brain.
>>
>>6118325
I thought it just required an MRI
>>
>>6118264
I do believe that she got a diagnosis and has real gender dysphoria. People only rag on her because she's 65, tall and built like an ox, has a terrible voice, and a total disconnect with real life. Her transition is just as legitimate or more than many of the twinks and basement dwellers that do it on this board.
>>
>>6118336
No and even if it did who is going to pay for all that.
>>
>>6118259
>don't insult mtfg self medders shitlord
Oh hon.
>>
>>6118342

>who is going to pay for all that

MRI is cheaper than all the trans related costs that would come afterwards if you didn't rule it out with an MRI and just took a psychiatrist's word for it instead. A lifetime of hormone therapy, implant surgery, sex reassignment surgery, body hair removal etc. could all be avoided by a one time MRI.
>>
>>6118359
There is no MRI test for "transness"
>>
>>6118342
one MRIs verses billed hours and hours of therapy visits. It would save time and money if the MRI was reliable. I just assumed MRI because that's the scientific evidence that's always touted as proof.
>>
>>6118367

Then why is it considered a brain condition?
>>
>>6118348
>hon
I'm not even a tranny kek. Nice projection there, sir :)
>>
File: 42463749.jpg (58 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
42463749.jpg
58 KB, 500x372
>>6118359

You can't do an MRI. The whole brain sex thing is a muddled joke. Monday one study says it's real! Tuesday another study says it's not real. Wednesday another study says it real after all but all of the participants were studied after starting HRT. Thursday another study says that study's wrong because the HRT affect the brain layout. Friday the trannies and the terfs have an all out brawl over brain sex using the same studies against each other.
>>
>>6118379
What do you mean?
>>
>>6118401
Thanks I feel informed to know brain science is a week old.
>>
>>6118408

What I mean is this basically:

>>6118401

We should stop pretending it's a brain condition or a medical condition at all and start calling it what it is, which is a body modification fetish. It's like if a normal woman wants to get breast implants or a guy wants to take steroids, it's not a medical condition, it's a decision.
>>
>>6118379
it's considering a psychological condition. hence being in the DSM. hence needing to be diagnosed by psychiatrists.
>>
>>6118415

No I definitely think it's a mental issue. I just think the whole brain sex thing is far from solved. Everyone has a hunch and no one has a solid answer. The trannies and the tranny haters are equally annoying when they start spouting facts that are disputed.
>>
File: hades read your post.gif (396 KB, 400x223) Image search: [Google]
hades read your post.gif
396 KB, 400x223
>>6118259
>burgerclap doctors work for profit
>you pay them to do something
>they do it
>>
>>6118415
It's a medical condition and brain sex is a real thing. But what do you want the MRI scan for?
>>
>>6118433
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/science/male-female-brains-dont-exist-6932093

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/11/brains-men-and-women-aren-t-really-different-study-finds

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/d-brief/2015/12/01/human-brains-are-neither-male-nor-female/
>>
>>6118445
Hey, mirror, that's cool. Do you have one from the Daily Mail too?
>>
>>6118228
I have a better approach: anyone who wants to can take hormones with no required reason or diagnosis. If you know what these meds do and know what their permanent effects will be and such, and know all the risks, and still want to do it, there should be nothing stopping you.
>>
>>6118431
>NHS doctors work for the government
>wait on a waiting list for years
>die
:D
>>
>>6118445
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/is-there-something-unique-about-the-transgender-brain/

>Overall the weight of these studies and others points strongly toward a biological basis for gender dysphoria. But given the variety of transgender people and the variation in the brains of men and women generally, it will be a long time, if ever, before a doctor can do a brain scan on a child and say, “Yes, this child is trans.”
>>
>>6118445
That was just a case of transphoboes taking a study out of context, and claiming it proved something it didn't.
>>
>>6118457
If anything I like this one. They can at least admit, "hey I think there's something going on but we have no fucking clue what." That's my whole fucking point.
>>
>>6118473
The evidence points to a biological cause, but it's not as simple as "yes we know that mtfs have girl brains and ftms have boy brains". Which I don't really put much weight on. The fact of the matter is we just don't know yet, because it turns out brain science is fucking hard
>>
>>6118473
It's a lot more than "there's something going on", because there are a number of concrete stuff.
There's a difference i knowing that there's a difference, and knowing the exact limits and configuration to be 100% sure in diagnosis.

Not like the /pol/ like you would care about anything scientific anyway.
Go and pray to your god, christfag.
>>
>>6118485
>The fact of the matter is we just don't know yet, because it turns out brain science is fucking hard
We DO know, that's the point.

The catholic feminist studies some retarded anon pasted were ignoring the parts we know are sexually dimorphic, and has those brain differences already found.
>>
>>6118445
>>6118457
So you all think that magnetic resonance imaging, images taken from temporally measuring the spatial changes in brain fluids, beats all science that actually works with the brain directly? That's an interesting theory guys.
>>
File: tumblr_nraykhoq7u1tgpbpno1_1280.jpg (88 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nraykhoq7u1tgpbpno1_1280.jpg
88 KB, 640x1136
>>6118485
Thank you. I fucking love you. Assuming your trans also, it's so nice to not be alone in the sea of people spouting misinformation. Wholeheartedly I believe there's a biological cause and no one has it figured out yet. These people saying, "I have a girl brain hehe" are doing no one a favor.
>>
>>6118490
lol not a christfag. Bad tranny.
>>
>>6118485
>>6118506
One does hope that they do have a brain, any brain. I don't quite understand why some of you think a brain has to be functionally different between members of the same species but okay.
>>
>>6118504
probably because that's what always seems to get posted around here as proof by trannies saying that they've got girl brains
>>
>>6118504
No I'm saying that as neurologists get more data, at some point we'll probably have a biomarker we can point to, to shut the transphobes and TERFs up who say we're just making it up.
>>
>>6118539
>>6118561
You know I play dumb and pretend to indulge your ideas as equals. But most of it is to give you guys extra time to scramble and ask doctor google about how it really is. I'm always disappointed guys.
>>
File: 1444860835972.jpg (15 KB, 270x200) Image search: [Google]
1444860835972.jpg
15 KB, 270x200
>>6118581
You're just my puppet. Dance, puppet, dance.
>>
>>6118264
This isn't how psychiatric diagnosis is done, friendo. You can't, considering a lot of conditions are just groups of symptoms anyway.
>>
>>6118535
>I don't quite understand why some of you think a brain has to be functionally different between members of the same species but okay.
Because otherwise mating would be difficult.
>>
>>6118581
lol, my ideas? look fella, I'm just going off of the shit I read on this board post by the trannies.
>>
>>6118622
You know, anon, there comes a point where it's better for you just to admit you're way waaaaaaay out of your depth. There's no shame in it really because even the science media is criticized for reporting on brain research.
>>
>>6118644
We know there are brain difference, you have to be completely retarded to deny that.
>>
>>6118644
There's an overwhelming amount of evidence to suggest brains are sexually dimorphic. That's pretty much beyond disputing.

The question is how they're dimorphic, and how this relates to transgender people.
>>
>>6118951

Not him, but bullshit. Hearts and livers are the same, why not brains? Why shouldn't men and women basically have the same brain. The brain is insanely adaptable, hence the differences in response to biological sex and gender prescriptions.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/11/brains-men-and-women-aren-t-really-different-study-finds
>>
>>6118951
>>6118988
>>6119020
They already know. If a scan technology can't pick it up all that means is the mechanism measured by the scan isn't sufficiently different. You read something you don't quite understand and make a sweeping generalization, then it wont ever fit in with other models. Yes humans are curious but they could use a bit more modesty when they make assumptions.
>>
>>6119020
>Hearts and livers are the same, why not brains?
That's not how biology and medicine work, based on that "logic" and with no other data you could assume that genitals would be the same because hearts and livers are so why not?
>Why shouldn't men and women basically have the same brain
It's not about why it "should" or "shouldn't" be the case but what actually IS the case.
>The brain is insanely adaptable, hence the differences in response to biological sex and gender prescriptions
Brain plasticity is a thing but does not mean everything in the brain is completely mutable and there are regions and structures that are non-plastic past certain points.
>>
>>6119020
That study didn't look at the bnst, because we know for certain that it's different between males and females.

Females and males have no physical differences either, if we only look at things that aren't sexually dimorphic.
>>
File: mtf_brain_scan_differences.png (254 KB, 959x714) Image search: [Google]
mtf_brain_scan_differences.png
254 KB, 959x714
>>6119066
Yeah I remember reading that MRIs couldn't pick up anything because the resolution required to show is out of our current tech and that's why the only way to find physical evidence is actually cutting a deceased human brain to see, which they already have done. pic related.

The BNST controls a persons sense of self and identity and is shown to be sexually dimorphic so the current theory is that this part of the brain is related somehow to the cause of transsexualism they just don't know the processes to point out why or how.
>>
True or not, why is the treatment a physical sex change rather than psychological treatment to get them to accept the sex they were born as?
>>
>>6118269
Chris-Chan is an internet . . . Person . . . From the days of yore who invented such wonderful things as "Sonichu" and naming a blow-up doll
Typically mocked for his crippling autism and dedication to making videos despite not having a single fan, Chris-Chan is perpetually in search of a "boyfriend-less girl" and has recently decided to identify as a lesbian
>>
>>6118359
>A lifetime of hormone therapy, implant surgery, sex reassignment surgery, body hair removal etc. could all be avoided by a one time MRI.
But I want to be an impotent hairless faggot facsimile of a woman
I'd rather be a woman, but what science can give me is better than being a man
>>
>>6120654
Because psychological treatment doesn't work for gender dysphoria.
It's not like they jumped to transition as the first thing to try. They tried therapy, conversion therapy, psychiatric meds, sex-affirming hormone treatments, shock therapy, institutionalization, and none of it worked which is why the settled on transition as the most effective available option.

Trans people certainly can and often do repress to "accept the sex they were born as" but all the data we have suggests that it results in drastically increased risk rates for many issues including suicide and often leads to them winding up on welfare and other public assistance programs as they can't function well enough to support themselves.

Sure it could be nice if trannies and everyone else with mental or neurological or even other medical issues could just "get over it" but that's not how it works no matter how much you may want it to be so.
>>
>>6118228
>It would seem more legitimate to me if they actually used an MRI based diagnostic instead of some psychiatrist's opinion.

i agree
>>
>>6121436
I thought this was the norm, it isn't? That's quite strange.
>>
>the year is 20XX
>science has finally created a reliable brain scan test for trannies
>young couple having their first child
>doctor says, "it looks like a healthy baby boy"
>"but let's scan xir brain just to be sure"
>99% probability of future MTF
>"looks like he is actually a she," the doctor chuckles
>baby gets thrown into a dumpster on the way out of the hospital
>>
>>6121460
Sounds Utopian to me.
I would have definitely preferred to be a dumpster baby who died in the cold tbqh famiglia
>>
It's all TITS.

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Trolling_Induced_Transsexuality_Syndrome
>>
>>6121038
>Because psychological treatment doesn't work for gender dysphoria.
Pimozide
>>
>>6121484
Source
>>
>>6121484
Do you know what's wrong with that without being told?
>>
>>6121495
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8839957
>>
File: image.jpg (406 KB, 699x491) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
406 KB, 699x491
>>6121508
>1996
>n=1
>>
>>6121484
what a coincidence it's also effective with schizophrenia
>>
>>6121484
A case study of a single person with dubious gender dysphoria and co-morbid conditions that has never been effectively replicated.
>>
>>6121563
>>6121602
>>6121588

It is so easy to get rid of transsexual feelings with a single pill a day.

Obviously there is a reason this has been hushed. It is much more profitable to have people buying multiple pills and surgeries
>>
>>6119398
Using MRI is like taking a snapshot measurement of changes in air molecules under the chassis of a cell or a laptop. You know why that wont tell you anything about the specs of a system. You're not going to say Blackberrys are the same as iPhones after all only based off of that..
The only reason you can measure sexual orientation with an MRI is because you can see an increase or decease in activity around the important areas when you show them pix of men and women. You can't do that with genders.
>>
>>6121436
>>6121440
I know reading can be SO hard but if you skim the thread people have explained that the relevant neurological structures are too small to be picked up on an mri and can only currently be detected physically with dissection.
Anyway continual intense dysphoria over years while screening for co-morbid conditions is an extremely effective diagnostic measure, much more so than the diagnostic procedures for many other common treatments that don't get conspiracy theories and constant troll threads because they don't upset people's feels about what's "right" and "should be".
>>
>>6121616
It only works on people with autism that aren't really trans.
>>
>>6121645
If you could scan BSTc you could clearly see the differences between genders and diagnose GID
>>
>>6121616
>IT'S A CONSPIRACY BY BIG PHARMA AND THEIR JEW OVERLOARDS!!!!11!!
Suuuuuure.
Since after transition trannies just have a simple cheap estrogen prescription like many cis women if they REALLY wanted to base treatment on maximizing profit the best path would probably be to deny transition and and just bombard trannies with endless expensive ineffective psych meds and therapies and even institutionalization till they kill themselves or their ability to function as people is so damaged that they/their families can't pay any more.
>>
>>6121673
See >>6119398, >>6121643, etc
>>
>>6121645
MRI measures water changes over time. I hope you realize why that doesn't work for everything.
>>
>>6121645
You have no idea what you're talking about but it's kind of funny that you nonetheless assume a position of superiority. Guess that's what happens when your learning material is simply fucked up google searches.
>>
>>6121673
The problem is that laymen don't know enough about the various brain measurement technologies to make educated comments.
>oh just scan it sempai you know with that scan thing
>>
>>6121681
Just take your pimozide 2mg and be happy, anon.
>>
>>6121719
Pimozide has only worked on people with things like autism.
>>
>>6121460
people always bring up ideas like that but genuinely look at the pace of tech and how it changes, people never guess this shit right. by the time that can even happen, the way we will view shit will be entirely different. As it is science is more of a liberal crowds game atm.
>>
>>6121712
t. Dr Anon MD, PharmD, PhD, Esq.
>>
>>6121728
We are all autists here. If you aren't then why are you posting in a website for autismos?
>>
>>6118228
Oh for fuck sake I knew this would happen when I found out that Christine or w/e is a tranny now

You're choosing a horrible retard that is already socially austracized and using that to question the legitimacy of moderately stable people's identity. Trans people might be retarded but we're NOT Chris-chan levels retarded ok, holy fuck
>>
>>6118228
Hey, uh, OP...
What the fuck do you care?
>>
A U T I S M
U
T
I
S
M
>>
>>6123244
You, I like you.
>>
Is chris chan actually diagnosed? I thought he was just a self medding autist.

Anyways it's called comorbidity anon. You can have more than one mental health problem at once. Just like regular health problems.
>>
>>6118228
>Isn't it kind of difficult to believe transgender dysphoria is a legitimate condition when someone diagnosed Chris-chan with it?
People thought the same about vitiligo and pedo Michael Jackson. This means nothing to me.
>>
>>6118228
As a Denizen of /tg/ I feel that the default response must be given to Chris-chan. "Suffer not the mutant to live" and "beware the alien, the heretic and the mutant". Seriously, that thing isn't human, and needs to burn.
>>
>>6132652
All humans have mutations, that's how we became human.
>>
>>6131006
Chris-chan is just an autist. I don't think it would be too hard for him to get a diagnosis however. He just repeats what has been drummed into him by trolls over the last five years and fakes some emotions like he usually does. Then the doctor ticks off the checkboxes and he's suddenly diagnosed.
>>
>>6118348
>He doesn't realize that it's mostly hons who propagate anti-self-med memes
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.