[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Assigned Male (the webcomic)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8
File: assigned male.jpg (307 KB, 1280x1492) Image search: [Google]
assigned male.jpg
307 KB, 1280x1492
Hello everyone. I heard some people from 4chan recently sent messages of insults and threats to the creator of the webcomic "Assignée Garçon" (or in english "Assigned Male"). Do you know why's that or if it comes from a particuliar board?
I'd like to do something about it. 4chan shouldn't be transphobic.
>>
>Said no one ever to the cisgender girl

Because nobody gets to decide that.
>>
>>6090906
That image is such stupid bait.

>4chan shouldn't be transphobic.

Troll/10
>>
File: soupes.jpg (10 KB, 261x208) Image search: [Google]
soupes.jpg
10 KB, 261x208
Step up your bait.
>>
File: iron giant mug meme.jpg (11 KB, 296x200) Image search: [Google]
iron giant mug meme.jpg
11 KB, 296x200
Looks like the 4chan LGBT community is strong and powerfull. What a shock.
>>
>>6090906
Here's the problem, OP. The Japanese ethos was warped forever by the atomic bomb attacks during WWII. Millions of Japanese men, women, and children were forced to come to terms with the idea of an overwhelmingly powerful entity outside of their control that could wipe them out of existence without warning using unspeakable weapons. They did this, for the most part, by exploring the idea in fiction. Godzilla is one example. Anime is another. If the United States of America were to deploy nuclear weaponry against Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and France, chances are the same thing would happen again: More Godzillas, and more anime. Do you think the world can really handle six animes? In the 1980's, United States President Ronald Reagan developed an idea known as "Mutually-Assured Destruction" (MAD). This philosophy stated that war with Russia would not happen, because there was no way to wage it without both countries being destroyed. I see this same situation today. We cannot nuke more countries for fear of mutually assured destruction when they create more anime. Thank you for your time.
>>
>>6090982
>>
>>6090992
benis
>>
well it didnt work, the fat bitch is still alive.
>>
>>6090906
lol. this crap comic. When ppl post the images from it, I can never tell if it's modified or original.
>>
I'm transgender and I still hate this webcomic. It's complete garbage.
>>
>>6091138
That's interresting. I'd like to know why, as a trans person, you dislike this comic. I'm not asking for you to justify yourself, I just think you may have an ineterresting point of view on the matter.
>>
All the art for this looks like Andrew Dobson drew it.
aka It's fucking garbage. Sincerely, a degenerate tranny
>>
>>6090906
>Do you know why's that
The comic is garbage and hilariously bad.
>if it comes from a particuliar board?
Try /pol/ or /b/.
>>
>>6091151
Not that anon, but because it's lunacy.

It talks about gender as if it were some sort of social construct, and it's entertaining the idea of "gender queers", who are really just closeted trans or cis people who want attention/dress a specific way.
>>
File: 1457684987576.jpg (199 KB, 793x820) Image search: [Google]
1457684987576.jpg
199 KB, 793x820
>>6091151

I'm trans as well and I hate it. It has an okay message (at times), but it's presented in such an infuriatingly patronizing manner that it's difficult not to hate it.
>>
>>6090906
Hello 'Assignée Garçon'
>>
It is so sick that people dont understand
>>
File: 1432652284592s.jpg (4 KB, 108x125) Image search: [Google]
1432652284592s.jpg
4 KB, 108x125
comic has good reaction images doe
>>
>>6090906
Sorry, but calling grating trender crap like this comic for what it is isn't transphobic, transtrenders aren't amywhere near being trans in the first place.
>>
>>6091769
Could you please translate your moronic babble to english
>>
>>6091151
IMO, the idea of an educational comic about a trans child is great.
But it's done so badly. The art is fucking awful. You have 11 years olds talking about heteronormativity or transmisogyny. The kid is a complete stand-in for the author, who pretends that all her critics are white cis men, when I've heard a lot of criticism from trans people, personally I'm a cis girl.
All in all it feels more like a way for the author to push her opinions than to educate or entertain.
>>
>>6090906
hi Sophie

>I heard some people from 4chan recently sent messages of insults and threats to the creator of the webcomic
lets see it then. or are you trying to drum up sympathy like every other SJW webcomic creator these days?

>calling 4chan transphobic cause they hate you and your comic
lel. youre gonna enjoy where this takes you
>>
>>6090906
I met Sophie when she visited my University and she seemed lovely. But the comic attracts a lot of hate, and it's not just transphobia that motivates it. The comic is very sanctimonious and often serves purely as a platform for Sophie to preach, often using very specific social justice terminology.
She does a good job of breaking down complex ideas into basic ones, and I know a load of trans people find the comic very affirming, but most people see the comic as smug, overbearing and self righteous. Art wise, it's not very good, and as is frequently pointed out the comic doesn't feature realistic dialogue (which is a stylistic decision, but the point still stands).
Anyway, yeah, it might attract particular ire because it's about trans people but it's a bad comic and a preachy one, so people don't like it. It's used as a joke all over the internet, but if you want specific boards, it'll be here, /co/ and /pol/
>>
>>6093961
Yeah I really don't think Sophie would spend time arguing here and if she would she'd tell who she is.
My name is Leonard and I'm not even trans (although I'm not binary either).
>>
File: 3526098367029346.png (189 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
3526098367029346.png
189 KB, 500x362
>>6091151
So you assume that all transgender people should have to like everything every other transgender person does? Sounds pretty fucking degrading.
>>
>>6094042
unless you're intersex, if you're not binary then you are trans
non binary identities are trans identities
i would have thought a fan of assigned male would have known that
>>
>>6094059
When did I say that? Please use quotation. I'm waiting.
>>
>>6094085
I'm demifluid. Doesn't feel trans to me. I mean I was assigned male and I am a demiboy fluid. How is that trans?
>>
>>6090906
The author of the comics needs to read Socrates and Aristotle and less from the frankfort school of propaganda and double think.
>>
File: IMG_2951.jpg (40 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2951.jpg
40 KB, 800x600
>>6094086
The fact that you equate somebody's gender to what media they like is pretty demeaning in itself. I mean, do you assume that all homosexual men like to watch Glee. Because we definitely don't.

When you hold an idea higher than the individuals it's supposed to protect, it only seems destructive in nature.
>>
>>6091151
I'm trans. I fucking hate adults with self-insert child characters. It's fucking creepy
>>
>>6090906
>Do you know why's that or if it comes from a particuliar board
probably /his/
they never forgave them for calling it her*story
>>
I dunno. You should ask /pol/.
>>
>>6094119
I never said anything like that. When did I assume all trans people should love this comic? Tell me.
>>
Trans person here. I hate the comic because it is so patronizing. Life is brutal and difficult. We are going through a difficult time where we get called every name in the book, while our "defenders" are so hung up on definitions and terminologies like we've never had our feelings hurt. We want respect, not to seem like we are sensitive and weak.
>>
>>6094094
you should be sent to a gas chamber
>>
>>6097676
This
>>
>>6094085
I disagree. I comsider myself nonbinary, but Im not trans because I have not and will not transition. I will not force people to use special pronouns, I will not correct them if they call me a man, and I will not dress a certain way just to prove my gender, because thats all bullshit. Idk if other nonbinary people feel the same way but whatever.

Also that webcomic is hilarious if you look at it like a parody of SJWs.
>>
>>6090906
It's a bad comic and an excuse for the author to make a 9 year old character shout about her girldick
>>
>>6091151
Not the anon but:
It's patronizing as hell to any reader in general
Even if a specific comic DOES have a good message, I can't stand the holier-than-thou attitude the author has
The characters in the comic are kids and they're speaking like they're fucking liberal college students. A 9 year old isn't going to know what cisheteronormativity means.
The fact that the 9 year old is the author's self insert is also pretty creepy, especially when she makes the shota-to-loli talk about its dick.
She assumes anyone who hates the comic is a bigoted cishet white man who votes republican and ignores any LGBT criticisms.
And finally it's not educational it's "agree 100 percent with my opinions or you're a bigot"
>>
>>6098338
Wow, you summed up how I generally feel about the comic in a way that I never could. Good job, anon!
On a side note, sometimes I have a hard time telling whether the comic is blatantly trolling me or if it's someone's real beliefs, but I'm sure I've read fake versions of the comic
>>
>>6098197
You just stated the exact reasons why I don't think I'm trans even though I'm non binary.
>>
>>6098716
>I'm a boy with no body/sex issues whatsoever, but I don't care for beer or slapping women's asses give me queer points and let me into your club oh please!!!!
>>
>2 dimensional soap box characters
>Elementary school kids talking like sophomore gender studies students
>lazy artwork
>author is rude and condescending even to her fans
>constant flip flopping between points, today is "trans women are all female all the time," tomorrow is "acknowledge my transness 24/7 or you're an erasing cis scum"
>constant bitching about passing and stealth trans people
>semi constant bitching about gay men and lesbians
>>
If you're trans and openly idetify as trans and not the gender you are transitioning to then you are doing it for attention/to be spechul.
>>
>>6100245
>>6097676
>>6098084
Kill yourself.
>>
>>6090906

Those comics are nothing but propaganda. 5 years old shouldn't even be trannys in the first place. Those that are, have been convinced to not by themselves, but by their ultra liberal parents
>>
>>6090906
There's actually an objective basis to say something like that though. A majority of preadolescents who complain of gender dysphoria don't wind up being trans, and instead grow into their biological gender. That's why there's an age requirement in the DSM for a GID diagnosis.
>>
>>6103018
>A majority of preadolescents who complain of gender dysphoria don't wind up being trans
Show study of it.

Majority who display gender non-confirming behavior end up not being trans, but being gender non-conforming doesn't mean the person has gender dysphoria.

>That's why there's an age requirement in the DSM for a GID diagnosis.
No, that's not why, it's just a different diagnosis for kids.
>>
>>6097055
Do you have problems with your brain, you were shocked that a trans person doesnt like the comic
>>
>>6090906
That comic is cancerous and the creator needs to be fucking crucified
>>
>>6103075
I wasn't shocked that a trans person doesn't like this comic, I was interested by it. I'm used to hear about negative comments made by cis people so I was wondering what a trans person could say about it. And I was right, it was actually interesting.
Next time, please consider the possibility of misunderstanding before assuming there are "problems with someone's brain".
>>
>>6102314
Lol angry snowflake is butthurt.
And this is coming from faggot that supports trans rights.
Gender fluid is just codeword for attention whore. It would be funny to me, but as someone who has loved ones that are trans, it pisses me the fuck off that there are assholes out there who bandwagon out there just so they can maintain legitimacy in their victim complex.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.