[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Transgenderism a mental illness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 17
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 312x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 312x720
Outsider here, do you think being transgender is a mental illness?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aDAU3SPYFsA
Take the video with face value.

I honestly can understand how it is a mental illness, but then I ask myself if being homosexual is a mental illness. I don't think it is, but I can't help but think being homosexual is largely based on environment than genetic inheritance from my own personal observation.

What do you think?
>>
>>6069675
It's the same media hype and incorrectly cited papers over and over again.

For once I'd like a report like this to delve into the actual hardcore research about trans people, DSM stuff, neurological studies, endocrinology, gender politics outside of a tiny 2-4 year span of time, instead of just sensationalist tabloid trash like this.

This is weak journalism, if you can call it that, and blatant clickbait.
>>
>>6069687
Please link some research you think is trust worthy
>>
>>6069690
This is the info dump posted in every MtF general to mitigate redundant threads like this:
>http://pastebin.com/h1vLPxyV

Don't expect to be spoonfed.
>>
I don't think it's a mental illness, I think those who denounce it so violently don't have any subjective experience of it, so they obviously can't comment on it accurately. Those who are trans usually follow a train of thought in an endless circle to the point of it being destructive; the destructive behavior gives the impression that they are crazy, but they're not.

I just want to look like a girl; I don't have anything to debate with anybody because the impulse to look female is just there and I want to follow it. There's too much dramatic thinking in this whole thing.
>>
File: Transbrain_Physiology1.png (990 KB, 1500x3500) Image search: [Google]
Transbrain_Physiology1.png
990 KB, 1500x3500
>>6069675

I think it's a physical mutation that manifests itself as mental discomfort.

Sexual dimorphism in the brain has been well understood since the 1990's. We then shifted and began looking at the brains of transgender people through the lens of sexual dimorphism. What we found is the sexually dimorphic areas of the transgender brain match their experienced gender rather than birth sex (or occupies an intermediate position).

This image contains about 15 years of sexual dimorphic keystone publications and the last 20 years of tranny brain research.

Conservashits like to talk about how we are biological creatures ruled by instinct. Well, how far fetched is it to assume that we have an instinctual sense of gender that drives natural behaviors?

>Structural Hemispheric and Lobar Connectivity
>Hypothalamus structure and activation
>Cortical Thickness
>White Matter
>Differences in Limbic nucleus
>diffusion tensor
>Callosal Shapes
>Androgen receptor repeat length

Individuals born with mismatched sexual dimorphism experience incongruency that makes them uncomfortable.
>>
>>6069675
Same manchild who panicked and deletes every common holding medical sources that contradict you.

You're rather pathetic, can only survive in echo chamber.
>>
File: 1459474109409.png (538 KB, 839x466) Image search: [Google]
1459474109409.png
538 KB, 839x466
>>6069766

So there is a dump of empirical, peer reviewed research over the last 25 years.

There is also a clear trend in evidence that shows transitioning. An early paper from 1979-2001 is often cited by saying transgender people have elevated suicide rates post transition but it's a misinterpretation of the sample data.

In current ongoing studies that have released preliminary information, transgender people's suicide rates drop to normal levels when treated and accepted socially.

Here is an interesting study that I think suggests even further its a physical condition via genetics:

>Combining data from our independent findings with those from past research, 13 of 39 male MZ twin pairs (33.3%) were found to be concordant for transsexual identity and eight of 25 (22.8%) female MZ twins were found concordant. In comparison, concordance between either male or female DZ twins was low or zero (1/38 = 2.6%; Table 5).

>Notably among our responding twins were three sets who had been reared apart and were concordant in transitioning. One was a male set within which the brothers were separated at birth, another was a set of males separated at age 4, and the third was a female pair separated at 14. Each had independently and unknowingly transitioned and found out about each other’s switch as adults after the gender shift.

Twins with the exact same DNA (even when raised separately) had a 1/3 chance of BOTH transitioning. Twins with different DNA (dizygotic) had nearly 0%.
>>
>>6069675
>inb4 "but how did this answer my question?"
>>
File: image.jpg (172 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172 KB, 640x1136
>>6069675
Poor manchild, you think your special needs classes taught you better than medical school does for doctors
>>
Faulty interpretation of studies and he typical "muh Hopkins" argument (literally 0/clue what that actually showed pro tip : that you can't train somebody to be trans) aside

Let's say it is a mental illness for the sake of argument
How does this change the fact that transitioning is the best currently available treatment for it ?
>>
>>6069798

Did you know the guy from Jon Hopkins, Dr. McHugh is:

>a self-described orthodox Catholic whose radical views are well documented. In his role as part of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops' review board, he pushed the idea that the Catholic sex-abuse scandal was not about pedophilia but about "homosexual predation on American Catholic youth." He filed an amicus brief arguing in favor of Proposition 8 on the basis that homosexuality is a "choice." Additionally, McHugh was in favor of forcing a pregnant 10-year-old girl to carry to term even though she had been raped by an adult relative.

He was also a cabinet member for George Bush. kek
>>
>>6069675
Gender dysphoria is a mental disorder, being trans is not, as not all trans people (such as those who have transitioned successfully) have gender dysphoria.
>>
>>6069805
Yes and it's quite odd how people who want to disprove trans as legit showcase a dude who basically showed that trans is something you can't force on someone via education and upbringing
>>
>>6069807
Also, I'm not sure why it would matter if it were a mental disorder, do people still think those with mental disorders are morally lacking, or should be ashamed?
>>
trans groups that bring up mental illness usually try to normalize and undermine what it means to be active and socially healthy. its dangerous and makes me wonder about others and how they'll live
>>
>>6069794
>Lambda
>credible
pick one tranny
>>
>>6069805
>>6069675
More importantly, Paul committed fraud, study proved him wrong and he got kicked out of APA and ama
> yet McHugh does exactly that. A closer reading of the paper shows that the increased mortality is in those who had surgery before 1989, and that mortality in trans people after 1989 is not statistically different from the general population. A recently published paper by Dr. Dhejne and colleagues shows that the regret rate for those having surgery from 2001-2010 is only 0.3%. Dr. Dhejne’s work shows that outcomes for transgender surgery have improved tremendously in the past 30 years, which supports the HHS decision to remove trans exclusions.
>http://www.wpath.org/site_page.cfm?pk_association_webpage_menu=1635&pk_association_webpage=4905

only group that will give him the time of day now is the acpeds a pathetic group of about sixty disbarred docs that the medical community describes as lunatic fringe
>>
>>6069825
>The ama apa and every medical group in America is lambda cause Muh feels

And way to prove you're a poor little special needs case
>>
>>6069833

Holy shit, didn't know that one. Definitely gonna have to add it to my "arsenal". Literally anti-trans people use the exact same arguments over and over.

>muh pimozide
>muh Hopkins
>muh AGP
>muh Dhejne suicide rate misinterpretation
>muh mentally sick

and finally after showing them how false they are in all fields you get the grand finale of subjective moral superiority:

>muh degeneracy
>>
>>6069825
>>6069675
https://www.lambdalegal.org/sites/default/files/publications/downloads/fs_professional-org-statements-supporting-trans-health_1.pdf

Oh I'm sorry that all the medical groups filling a statement to lambda triggers you.

We can't ignore reality just cause you're triggered though.
>>
File: 1461250721229.png (1 MB, 912x905) Image search: [Google]
1461250721229.png
1 MB, 912x905
>>6069825

>Ignores this which is all credible, multiple source, peer reviewed data over the past 30 years.

>>6069766
>>6069777

Ah yes, conveniently ignore that!
>>
File: 478.jpg (69 KB, 610x350) Image search: [Google]
478.jpg
69 KB, 610x350
>>6069823
kinda agree with this
>>
>>6069840
It's okay, he's got a new job as the acpeds speech writer.

They do stuff like print pamphlets claiming gays are pedophiles and hand them out at schools. Very prestigious.
>>
>>6069847
Not really, transitioning is the only effective treatment for gender dysphoria in most individuals.
>>
>>6069847
Um, wow. So you're saying the advice of the ama and other evil Jew doctors is a plot. Very smart.
>>
>>6069852
no you idiot, I was talking about trans groups, jesus christ Im not talking about just transitioning, its about the enviornment as well

>>6069857
from the groups I've seen and whats talked about, sure.
>>
Gender dysphoria is a mental illness, being "Transgender" is not, that's where this whole video started to go wrong.

Notice the date:
>April 1
>>
>>6069852
sorry about the idiot part.
>>
>>6069847

Literally the EXACT thing was said about homosexuals for the last 100 years.

Mental illness is a meme. See:
>>6069766
>>6069777
>>
>>6069863
All mental illness is a meme?
>>
>>6069859
Really, well I bet you say dental work is a plot too, why just think about all those transponders in the fillings.

I mean if you think the AMA wanting to write people estrogen is a plot then Good for you.
>>
>>6069863
>>6069865

But physical events in the brain can cause mental illness like depression and schizophrenia.
>>
>>6069865
Just GD, and that's cause the apa and every other doctor says it isn't

Who am I to say I know better than them
>>
File: Epigenetics COMT MSM.png (326 KB, 1428x1114) Image search: [Google]
Epigenetics COMT MSM.png
326 KB, 1428x1114
>>6069675
>do you think being transgender is a mental illness
Gender dysphoria is a psychriatic disorder, it causes suffering to ones psychologic wellbeing.
Ignore what ever the fuck the SJWs are trying to change about it. It should be recognised and treated as one appropriately, and could be potentially be harmful to the individual if dismissed as something else.

>but then I ask myself if being homosexual is a mental illness
No it is not, as it does not directly cause any psychological harm or suffering, and does not cause a poor ability to function in everyday life.

>but I can't help but think being homosexual is largely based on environment than genetic inheritance from my own personal observation
It's likely to be a mixture of both environment and genetics. In your case, it sounds like their environment may been the majority causation of their sexuality.

However I'm willing to bet that certainly most cases of homosexuality would be caused mostly genetics, and I can safely say for myself and others I know that the environment was far from the majority of the causation.

Pic related is proof of some sort of link between sexual orientation and genetic components.
>>
>>6069863
being trans shouldn't be seen as a willing choice, just to help alleviate some sense of insecurity..

>>6069866
I want a prescription for estrogen though
>>
>>6069868
That's true, but I know of no psychiatrists or psychologists who would deny this.
>>
>>6069865

Mental illness is a meme because it is poorly defined and has a strong stigma attached to it. Even people inside the psychology, psychiatry, and medical community don't use that word very often. It tells you literally nothing of substance or value about a patients condition. It's most often used by people who want to insult others. So yeah, it's a meme.

>>6069868

Right but the experiences that schizophrenics or depressed people feel have no logical connection to reality. Let's do a thought experiment:

>If someone constantly felt like they were on fire and we looked at their brain and found a condition where it was increased temperature, it would be reasonable to conclude their feelings are not a delusion but supported by reality.

>If someone constantly felt their vision was messing up and we found damage to their occiptal lobe, it would be reasonable to conclude their feelings are not delusion but supported by reality.

>If someone feels they are the other sex their whole life and then when we look at their brain we find patterns that match what they say they feel, it would be reasonable to conclude their feelings are not delusion but supported by reality.

>If someone is schizophrenic and likes to talk to the a lizardman, when we look at their brain we find chemical levels off balance that are creating fabricated delusion. There is no nothing to suggest their EXPERIENCE is in parallel with their biological state.

Transgender people's own conscious experiences is pretty close to what you would expect after seeing their brain.
>>
>>6069872
It's not sjw though. Just every doctor And they're probably more trustworthy.
http://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wpath.org%2Fsite_page.cfm%3Fpk_association_webpage_menu%3D1635%26amp%3Bpk_association_webpage%3D4905

Where's your degree, anon? Why do you know the truth and they don't?
>>
>>6069872
Uh, gays have sky high aids rates. Like subsaharan black woman level rates. Obviously dangerous self harm desu
>>
>>6069873

Where did I ever claim being trans was a choice? I've been arguing the opposite:

>>6069766
>>6069777
>>6069875
>>
>>6069798
Who says its the best treatment for it though, each case is different and most would fear being open about their past and just want to blend in and feel secure.
>>
>>6069885
Well mostly cause these people say boys drinking estrogen is the best treatment https://www.lambdalegal.org/sites/default/files/publications/downloads/fs_professional-org-statements-supporting-trans-health_1.pdf

But hey, if they're in on your plot then what do they know.
>>
>>6069675
Being gay isn't a mental illness. We have inmate bisexuality, eviroment and how you were raised is what makes you straight or gay. It's why there are so many gay men, because they don't have father's.
>>
>>6069883
I am talking about homosexuality; the sexual attraction towards the same gender, not the sexual intercourse with the same gender.
That still wouldn't be a direct causation of poor physiological wellbeing or poor ability to function in everyday society. Keep grasping at straws.
>>
File: irish chiefs.jpg (647 KB, 2588x3072) Image search: [Google]
irish chiefs.jpg
647 KB, 2588x3072
ignore this
>>
>>6069895
Poor thing. The doctors lie when they say something isn't an illness and now you're splitting hair and saying it's not an illness cause only the acts of being in it infest you with deadly incurable diseases.
>>
>>6069879
You don't have to have a degree to realise it causes suffering to the psychological wellbeing of the individual.
>>
>>6069888
thats not looking at the whole argument though.
>>
>>6069895
>have more diseases than Africans
>no societal harm
Ayy
>>
File: schizophrenia_brain_large.gif (86 KB, 700x600) Image search: [Google]
schizophrenia_brain_large.gif
86 KB, 700x600
>>6069875
>There is no nothing to suggest their EXPERIENCE is in parallel with their biological state.

Actually yes, Schizophrenics can hear real voices, Depressed people can, well, feel down.
http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/pet-scan/multimedia/-pet-scan-of-the-brain-for-depression/img-20007400
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rxeFgKIS9s
https://youtu.be/0q5UexOZAuM?t=1m23s
>>
>>6069906
So then you insist the doctors lie and you know better, right? Cool
>>
>>6069913
So if they hear voices is there something providing an actual voice?
That's the closest analogy to massive hormone imbalances.
>>
>>6069917
I don't think that anon is saying that, you don't really need an advanced degree to see someone is psychologically impaired or yourself feel that way. Things like psychology and neurology explain it more in-depth.

If you have a friend that cries all the time and mentions suicide you automatically know something's up, we wired to do so.
>>
>>6069913

You don't understand my argument. Yes, clearly schizophrenics truly feel those feelings and their brain interprets it as such. But the ORIGINS that make them feel that way have no logical follow through or connection.

>Person has chemical issues, affects their experience in bizarre ways through fabrications. Their fabrications have no connection to the origin.

Transgender people literally have normal brain structures, that are just the opposite sexual dimorph or an intermediary.

>Person has flipped dimorphic areas in the brain. Person feels they aren't the right gender. Their feelings having a logical connection to the origin.
___

The second one is what you would expect if you heard a transgender persons claims then tried to figure out why.
>>
>>6069675
>my own personal observation

yeah nobody cares about your 'observation'
>>
File: 1449177562046.jpg (189 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
1449177562046.jpg
189 KB, 1462x1462
>>6069903
Holy fucking shit are you dense.
I was not talking about the sexual intercourse with a man, I was talking about being sexually attracted to men. This itself, does not cause any psychological harm or a poor ability to function in ordinary life.
Also how old are you? Do you seriously think that having sex with someone of the same sex instantly gives you "deadly incurable diseases"?
If you mean STDs/HIV, there's this thing called "protectin" such as "condoms" which prevent this... !
If you didn't know already, STDs are present in heterosexuality as well.

>>6069909
>>have more diseases than Africans
Kek, please tell me this is bait.
If you didn't know already, heterosexuals can too catch STDs, albeit at a lower rate due to more a more responsible attitude than fags. I mean if gays stopped being such irresponsible fags then it wouldn't even happen in the first place...
>>no societal harm
No, having a STD does not cause any societal harm unless you have sex with them yourself, making you a fag.

Also, what the fuck are you doing here? Are you a tranny or a breeder? Either way, get the fuck out.
>>
>>6069933
Depressions and body dysmorphia aren't delusions. And those go away with sufficient treatment.

On the other hand he thinks posting anatomy maps of the brain and insisting he's the true heir to the truth and everyone with an advanced degree is a charlatan somehow negates what every expert has found. Dunno about you but it looks like he's got the classic archetype of a delusion.
>>
>>6069973
>wall of text means I ament mentally ill
Kek, whatever you say.
>muh breeders coming to hurt me
>>
>>6069948
>But the ORIGINS that make them feel that way have no logical follow through or connection.

What do you mean? It is logical in the way they experience mental discomfort through physical occurrences.

>Transgender people literally have normal brain structures, that are just the opposite sexual dimorph or an intermediary.

They don't have "normal" brain structures and they don't have opposite sex brains.

>Person has flipped dimorphic areas in the brain. Person feels they aren't the right gender. Their feelings having a logical connection to the origin.

Yes, this is what am trying to say, mental conditions have physical neurological connections.
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 616x416) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 616x416
>>6070003
Data says otherwise. And it's due to In utero hormone abnormalities no less.

Why do you claim you know better than the doctors? Isn't that a sign of illness?
>>
File: 1436741313629.jpg (59 KB, 896x921) Image search: [Google]
1436741313629.jpg
59 KB, 896x921
Haters literally ignore all the empirical data I have posted and the un-biased research I have posted.

Haters only care about their agenda.

>>6069766
>>6069777

I keep pointing to these two posts but no hater has even replied to them. You want empirical data? There it is.. There is 30-50 peer reviewed, multi source, journal articles with summaries. All other shit is just speculation garbage unless you have proof.

-Trannies brains are more like the opposite sex (or an intermediary position)

-Trannies experience their life as you would expect them to in lieu of their mis-matched sexual dimorphic structures (which are most prevalent in areas involving endocrine control)

-Trannies empirically do better after transitioning

-Trannies have existed in all cultures throughout history.

So what's the big fucking deal? Are the haters going to ignore this post and all the empirical data that supports this argument? Do they have any data to prove their position?
>>
>>6069675

It's in the DSM-5, so I don't understand the point of this question.
>>
>>6069992
>Your reply is a wall of text, even though some others in this thread have written similar amounts
>Therefore your arguement is invalid, checkmate, faggot!!1!
>>
>>6070029
Right, well you can just explain how being the largest aids host in the states despite being such a tiny group doesn't mean you aren't societal hazards.
>>
>>6069992
You also still haven't answered my question.
What the fuck are you doing here? You obviously aren't a fag. Are you a tranny trying to deflect the fact that you are mentally ill?
>>
>>6070040
Dear god you're triggered and you're paranoid, aids boy. Tumblr
>>
>>6070047
Kek, I am hardly triggered, I'm just curious as to what you are here for. You're a tranny, aren't you? ):
>>
>>6070051
N, just came along for the thread. You really shouldn't get too full of yourself when you aren't much better.
>>
File: Trashgod.jpg (222 KB, 1240x786) Image search: [Google]
Trashgod.jpg
222 KB, 1240x786
>>6070056
So you're not a tranny and you're not a fag, and you solidly believe having a sexual attraction to men is a mental illness.
What the fuck are you doing here then and why should I value your opinion?
All you are doing is disregarding what I'm saying by complaining how having a sexual attraction to the same sex is a danger to society yet we're not all irresponsible fags.
>>
>>6070012
They have some parts in the brain are like the opposite sex, inbetween, which shows the imbalance of pre-natal hormones
http://www.journalofpsychiatricresearch.com/article/S0022-3956%2810%2900325-0/abstract
http://www.functionalneurology.com/materiale_cic/389_XXIV_1/3373_sexual/index.html
One person we studied had untreated male gender dysphoria (S7), took no hormones and kept his transsexual feelings under wraps. He appeared to have a large INAH3 volume – in the male range – but a female INAH3 number of neurons (68) and a female BSTc somatostatin neuron number (95). Hence, this individual’s hypothalamic characteristics were mid-way between male and female values.
>Transsexuality and the brain

And the hormonal levels are also important:
http://www.eje-online.org/content/155/suppl_1/S107.full

The table you posted was a snippet, it does not say whether they weren't on hormones or not nor does it show any controls.
>>
I'm a white Caucasian Male.... I suppose, it would be okay if I woke up tomorrow and felt like an African American or Asian Woman right??? Being gay is a choice... This Trans nonsense is a blatant mental illness. Check out a site called sexchangeregret . I kid you not, there are people who undergo the surgery, instead of just playing "I'm gay but I like to play dress up", and they regret it, but you cannot undo gender reassignment.. Ooopps.
>>
File: DanielSG1.jpg (84 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
DanielSG1.jpg
84 KB, 600x300
>>6070014

HATERS DODGED ME 3 TIMES IN A ROW.

Haters literally ignore all the empirical data I have posted and the un-biased research I have posted.

Haters only care about their agenda.

Are the haters going to ignore this post and all the empirical data that supports this argument? Do they have any data to prove their position?
>>
File: 2yz0enqjpg.gif (3 MB, 312x200) Image search: [Google]
2yz0enqjpg.gif
3 MB, 312x200
>>6070085
PREACH IT!
>>
ITT a bunch of BUTTHURT faggots mad that they have a mental illness
>>
>>6070109
trannies***
>>
>>6070097
because they're trolling senpai. they don't care about anything actually scientific unfortunately. if it doesn't agree with how they see the world they will say that the study is wrong anyway. it's sad to realize they probably think this way in other parts of their lives as well.
>>
File: PdRHrN1.jpg (79 KB, 1636x1582) Image search: [Google]
PdRHrN1.jpg
79 KB, 1636x1582
>>6070056
>You really shouldn't get too full of yourself when you aren't much better.

>Implying he's as mentally ill as trannies for liking dudes instead of chopping off his cock
>>
>>6070085
>>6069675
>>6070107
>A closer reading of the paper shows that the increased mortality is in those who had surgery before 1989, and that mortality in trans people after 1989 is not statistically different from the general population. A recently published paper by Dr. Dhejne and colleagues shows that the regret rate for those having surgery from 2001-2010 is only 0.3%. Dr. Dhejne’s work shows that outcomes for transgender surgery have improved tremendously in the past 30 years, which supports the HHS decision to remove trans exclusions.
>The American Psychiatric Association and the World Professional Association for Transgender Health no longer view transgender identity as inherently pathological. Dr. McHugh’s views are stuck in the past.

>Dan Karasic, MD Health Sciences Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, UCSF Member, American Psychiatric Association Workgroup on Gender Dysphoria Member, Board of Directors, World Professional Association for Transgender Health

http://www.wpath.org/site_page.cfm?pk_association_webpage_menu=1635&pk_association_webpage=4905

Wow, you guys are sad indeed. Can't get through school and yet you claim you know better than all the docs.
>>
>>6070085
>sexchangeregret
Uh, your porn site?

Nah: https://www.lambdalegal.org/sites/default/files/publications/downloads/fs_professional-org-statements-supporting-trans-health_1.pdf

Actual doctors are a better source than your wanking.
>>
>>6070085
>Being gay is a choice

It's epigenitics, it's not a choice.
But what do you mean by being gay? when is someone considered gay.
>>
>>6070157

Seriously why do people even bother responding to /pol/tards?

the slow traffic in this board makes it very easy to troll if you come from somewhere else.
>>
>>6070165

True, well sometimes it's worth discussing with other people because some are legitimately asking or interesting in debating.

Took me awhile to realize was troll but they dodged me 5 times:
>>6070097
>>6070014
>>6069846
>>6069777
>>6069766
>>
>>6069675
What do you mean "transgenderism"?
The underlying neurological differences aren't though dysphoria is because it limits people's ability to function in society, transition is the treatment for it.

Homosexuality used to be considered a mental illness and /pol/tards rant that it must have been some liberal jewish conspiracy that got it reclassified but it's more about the view that homosexuality isn't harmful by itself but that discrimination can cause issues, same as with trannies.

> don't think it is, but I can't help but think being homosexual is largely based on environment than genetic inheritance from my own personal observation.
It is most likely epigenetic in origin, neurological differences have been observed similar to trannies though to a lesser extent but I'm not actually sure if it included regions of the brain that are non-plastic past the womb like with trannies.
>>
>>6070226

OP is a troll. Ignore thread. Sage please.
>>
>>6070226
Said exactly this, got bombarded with "hurrdur homosexuality has more diseases than Africa, all fags are societal hazards!!1!"

Everyone ITT is just trying to deflect that gender dysphoria IS in-fact a pyschological disorder and should fucking be treated as one.
>>
Oryx, Skype
>>
>>6070250
But if you treat psychological disorders caused by physiological illnesses, mutations or anomalies as if there's no physiological cause, that doesn't actually solve anything in the long term. That would be like a doctor treating the mental symptoms of general paresis with therapy while ignoring the actual STI (syphilis) causing the problem.

Trans people are some of the few people in the world who have their medical options challenged and limited and mocked by the public not because they don't help, but because they make people who don't understand squeamish and question things about themselves and society they'd rather not think about.
>>
>>6070250
>should fucking be treated as one
Well how a disorder should be treated kinda depends on the disorder and its specific mechanisms, in the case of gender dysphoria the treatment is transition and acceptance.
>>
>>6069675
nice gams

but yes, it is. people camt handle being fags so they transition thinking itll give them a better life, because they saw someone pass exceptionally therefore ITS POSSIBLE FOR MEEEEE but most fail and are no better off than they were before and either move to portland and ditch the gender shit or off themselves
>>
Thinking you're a cat, having cat mannerisms, getting surgery to look like a cat is mental illness, right?

So how is doing exactly that but playing as the opposite gender not mental illness?

Humans are obviously designed to sexually indentify as their assigned genders, SO HOW IS IT NOT mental illness if you are gay or want to be the other gender???

It obviously is. Your mind isn't working as intended.
>>
>>6070750
Hormonal disorders, pedo. Just hormonal disorders.

Why not trust doctors linked in >>6070137 >>6069844
>>
File: projection.jpg (49 KB, 630x388) Image search: [Google]
projection.jpg
49 KB, 630x388
>>6070700
>>
>>6070780
It's cherry picked and I don't knohave them with source well enough to trust it
>>
>>6070750

False equivalency but nice meme.

>So how is doing exactly that but playing as the opposite gender not mental illness?

Well as many have demonstrated in this thread:
>>6069766
>>6069777

Transgender individuals have the sexually dimorphic areas of the brain flipped. It's pretty reasonable that somebody with normal brain structures (excepted feminized or masculinized) in the opposite direction would likely feel like the opposite sex.

Your analogy is flawed. It would be a proper analogy if someone felt like a cat and wanted to transition, then we looked at their brain and they had the brain of a cat. It would give weight to their conscious experience. But since that will never, ever happen, there is no substantial ground to claim why one would feel that (unliked trannies).

Conservashits like to talk about how we are biological creatures ruled by instinct. Well, how far fetched is it to assume that we have an instinctual sense of gender that drives natural behaviors?

I think it's a physical mutation that manifests itself as mental discomfort.
>>
>>6070750

Bao, Hahn, Kranz, Kaufmann "Structural Connectivity Networks of Transgender People". 94 subjects, 23 FtM, 21 MtF, 25 cisFemale, 25 cisMale: average age 26. Transsexual subjects did not fulfill criteria for current comorbidities but 9 reported history of depression (n = 2), specific phobias (n = 3), obsessive compulsive disorder (n = 1), anorexia nervosa (n = 2), and substance abuse (n = 4). All patients reported subjective feelings to belong to the other gender before or at puberty. Investigating structural networks in female-to-male and male-to-female transsexuals, we observed differences in hemispheric and lobar connectivity as well as local efficiencies when compared with healthy controls.

Berglund "Berglund, H. et al. “Male-to-Female Transsexuals Show Sex-Atypical Hypothalamus Activation When Smelling Odorous Steroids". A positron emission tomography (PET) study showed that smelling androgens (male pheromones) caused transwomen to respond in the hypothalamus region of their brain in a manner similar to XX karyotype women. However, smelling estrogen-based pheromones also caused them to respond in the hypothalamus region in a manner similar to XY karyotype men. This combination of results suggests that transwomen occupy an “intermediate position with predominantly female features” in the way the hypothalamus reacted.

Rametti "White matter microstructure in female to male transsexuals before cross-sex hormonal treatment. A diffusion tensor imaging study." By diffusion-tensor-imaging MRI and fractional anisotropy analysis of various transgender and cisgender people, FtM transgender people more closely resembled a masculine-structured brain than a feminine- structured brain, noted by the study in the structures of the right superior longitudinal fasciculus, the foreceps minor, and the corticospinal tract. White matter microstructure therefore plays a role in gender identity.
>>
>>6070799
You're not even trying anymore man.
>>
>>6070750
>>6070815

Kruijver "Male-to-female transsexuals have female neuron numbers in a limbic nucleus." BSTc somatostatin-expressing neuron counts - twice as high in cismen and transmen as in ciswomen and transwomen. More intense Zhou.

Zhou "A sex difference in the human brain and its relation to transsexuality." BSTc size in transwomen resembles that of ciswomen and is independent of sexual orientation.

Bentz "A polymorphism of the CYP17 gene related to sex steroid metabolism is associated with female-to-male but not male-to-female transsexualism." CYP17 -34 T>C SNP allele frequencies were statistically significantly divergent between FtM transgender people and cisfemale controls; genotype distributions were also divergent in a statistically significant manner.

Gooren "The biology of human psychosexual differentiation." Meta-analysis of sex-steroid production and prenatal androgen exposure in transgender people.

Swaab "Sexual differentiation of the human brain: relevance for gender identity, transsexualism, and sexual orientation." Analysis of prenatal androgen exposure similar to Gooren, but notes that neurological testosterone availability in MtF trans people is deficient, causing transgenderism or non-heterosexualism.

Garcia-Falgueras "A sex difference in the hypothalamic uncinate nucleus: relationship to gender identity." The structure of the anterior hypothalamus plays a strong role in the development of transgenderism; INAH3 volume in transwomen resembles ciswomen, and INAH3 volume in transmen resembles cismen.

Luders "Regional gray matter variation in male-to-female transsexualism." MtF transgender people were analyzed by fMRI; gray matter variation throughout the brain more closely resembled the layout of a cisfeminine brain, rather than that of a cismasculine brain, implying gender identity depends on cerebral layout.
>>
>>6070750
>>6070815
>>6070820

Hare "Androgen receptor repeat length polymorphism associated wth male-to-female transsexualism." Genes involved in sex steroidogenesis are components to transgenderism and gender dysphoria; specifically, androgen receptor repeat length polymorphisms were observed in an MtF-transgender population, but not a cismale population; this warrants the conclusion that male gender identity is mediated by the androgen receptor.

Burke "Hypothalamic response to the chemo-signal androstadienone in gender dysphoric children and adolescents". Androstadienone, a particularly fragrant chemosignal responsible for sex-based differences in hypothalamic microstructure; children with gender dysphoria were observed to express differences in hypothalamic activation in accordance with identified gender, rather than assigned gender.

Yokota, Y. et al “Callosal Shapes at the Midsagittal Plane: MRI Differences of Normal Males, Normal Females, and GID”. An MRI study of 22 transwomen and 28 transmen examined the shape of the corpus callosum in the brain at a specific cross-sectional plane, and compared this shape with that observed in 211 XY karyotype males and 211 XX karyotype females. Their results demonstrated that not only could the sex of the patient be determined with 74% accuracy from the MRI picture, but the shapes of the brains in the transsexuals strongly reflected their gender, and not their biological sex.

Boston University Medical Center. "Transgender: Evidence on the biological nature of gender identity." The researchers conducted a literature search and reviewed articles that showed positive biologic bases for gender identity. These included disorders of sexual development, such as penile agenesis, neuroanatomical differences, such as grey and white matter studies, and steroid hormone genetics, such as genes associated with sex hormone receptors. They conclude that current data suggests a biological etiology for transgender identity.
>>
>>6070799
>It's cherry picked
It's every single medical group in the US
>>
>>6070750
1) Intersexuality exists in various forms and to different degrees and neurological evidence shows various degrees of neurological intersexuality exists too.
2) There is no equivalent inter-species condition.

Your analogy is moronic and a worn-out shitty meme.
>>
>>6070832
Science has a distinct liberal sjw jewish bias, the only legitimate sources are the bible and fox news.
>>
>>6070883
But it was a dank south park joke so it must be real!
>>
i could make an equally long or longer video individually identifying everything he says that is either
>a logical fallacy
>misinterpreting the facts
>or an outright lie
because i would have to cover everything he says
>>
>>6069675

The desire to be identified and treated as a female, and to dress and affect as one can be socially problematic, but I don't feel it reaches the threshold of a mental dysfunction unless said desire supplants priorities of safety and well being, such as livelihood.

This was the normal state of transexualism for ages.

What is new is that politics have gotten involved and begun to cater to people who exceed the priorities named above. These are irrational people within a minority. The politics are similar to other identity wrangling means, where ironies become emphasized to persuade the irrational people they are being disenfranchised, logic be damned. This then spreads to otherwise rational people and tends to rely on disinformation from older to younger. This was the mechanics of culturally invading the young gay population also.

When this happens, it does have the potential to use transsexualism as a premise *for* mental illness because it deliberately injects fantasy in to constructs of fact. This can legitimately produce mass delusions and thought-form disorders where reason is replaced with emotional drives.

The most at-risk are youth, who have no life experience beyond the artificial social dynamics in schools that poorly reflect and badly mimic the real world. Students assume life is like school. They take their instructions unwittingly from adults, and if the adult seems sympathetic, they assume it is all factual.

When you multiply this by media, you have a serious problem brewing.

So it is not the desire to be transexual or homosexual that is itself an illness, but rather how a person might adapt their wishes to function and interact with society from the view of self interest where safety and resource acquisition for life becomes compromised. Once this happens, the person, for any reason at all, becomes naturally confused and cascading failures to attend basic needs occur, leading to multivariant chain reactions in poor emotional health.
>>
>>6071043
Thank you for sharing this inspiring wall of text, Mr. Armchair Philosopher.
>>
>>6071156

Philosophy is trying to bend the terms male and female to be meaningless to accommodate oneself. What you read was empirical fact. And you are welcome, and right to enjoy it.
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.