[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trans support groups
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: DJWYB.jpg (11 KB, 300x285) Image search: [Google]
DJWYB.jpg
11 KB, 300x285
So I'm starting out hrt, kinda navigating all this stuff on my own. This board has actually been super helpful and made me feel less alone, so thanks everyone.

But I'm not out to any of my friends and family. They'd probably be fairly supportive honestly, they're all pretty open minded. I just...can't stand the thought of talking to them about it. And I'm not close to my family anyways so honestly I dgaf if they know.

Anyways, it'd be nice to actually know people irl who I can talk to. So what are trans support groups like? What do they talk about? Are they super critical? Hugboxy? Are they good places to make friends with other trans people? (I'm mtf if that matters)

I'm in a fairly large midwestern city, so I figure I'd be able to find one if I looked. It's just hard to imagine talking to people about it.
>>
>>6068300
Oh. And pic unrelated. Just on my mind since I'm jamming out right now.
>>
>>6068300
>So what are trans support groups like?
S T O P
T
O
P
DO NOT, nigga, DO NOT go to one of these support groups unless you want to be surrounded by 40 year old hons who don't put in the effort to even shave in the morning.
Find another young mtf/ftm. I remember there was a Utah thread a while ago and some people traded contact info.
Make a thread for your state or something and meet up with these people instead of hon support groups.
>>
>>6068300
If a support group allows people over 30 to go
Turn around and run for your sweet life. Find real trans youth, befriend them, hang out, have coffee, watch films. They will be your support group
>>
Trans support groups are really hit or miss
a lost are like >>6068312 said and are full of gross hons

Some are full of snowflake tumblerinas

And their are a rare few that are actually pretty nice

The one I go to is nice but it's a college club and it used to be of the SJW variety but the old president quit and it got better without them
>>
>>6068312
this pretty much. Although I found a different group in my city run by two socail workers that is specifically for 16-25 year olds, and it is actually really enjoyable to go to. People are chill as hell.

But yeah, don't go to reg support groups.
>>
>>6068328
Hm. The thing is, I'm 24. Which means I'm a little old for some of the youth oriented groups... :(

Any other trans people in the Omaha/Lincoln/Council Bluffs areas?
>>
>>6068300
I went to one at my college, but it was incredibly demoralizing. They were all tumblerinas, i was the only mtf there. They basically just circlejerked about how Trump was evil and acted like 13 year olds. I got the impression that they secretly were all really uncomfortable around me since i look and dress like a girl but still sound like a feminine guy.

I recommend you just talk to people online, or talk to trans people you know (if you know any.) it's a lonely struggle, the only other mtf that I know is a total lumpy fetish hon who refuses to wear bras and runs around in short shorts so... Pretty demoralizing.
>>
>>6068300
I've never heard this one. Thanks for the jams anon. Do you like Flaming Lips?
>>
Fight for your dreams... Be strong
>>
I found a youth trans support group. The oldest person is in their late 20s They're a pretty chill, mixed bag. Everyone is respectful to everyone, and the sjw hugboxy vibes are clearly present. It feels good to have a squad for the first time in years, though. In a way it feels like going to animu club, but in a good way.
>>
>>6068672
Yeah I do, not as much as DJ but yeah. Also really dig the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Submarines, and Sonic Youth - singing along with female singers is good voice practice!

>>6068688
This is actually really encouraging, sounds great. Thanks for the tip!
>>
>>6068649
Do most ftms not really get along with mtfs? I would think they of all people would understand.
>>
>>6071041
I don't think so, one of my closest friends is ftm and I'm mtf

but that's my anecdote so I could be wrong
>>
support groups come in two varieties
>50 year old hons in fishnets talking about sex fantasies
>18 year old DFAB nonbinaries ranting about how oppressed they are for wearing jeans
>>
>>6071469
>wearing jeans
>oppressed

r-really?!
>>
>>6068300
just use 4chan tbqph
this is the only sane "support group" out there
>>
>>6071740
>4chan
>>sane
>>
>>6071720
I wish I were joking, but those are my actual experiences.
>>
>>6071469
This has been my experience as well.
>>
File: FUCK.png (278 KB, 515x480) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.png
278 KB, 515x480
>>6068688
This is almost exactly how I'd describe my support group experience as well.

But as with animu club it comes complete with that one person everyone hates but nobody can bring themselves to ostracize.

In this case, That Guy is a catty, histrionic liar of a woman who has a medical condition where she can't breathe unless she's telling a story about how she's had it worse than you. I really want her gone.
>>
>>6071915
story time? im not surprised this happened but i wanna hear details
>>
File: 1399828763006.gif (2 MB, 331x240) Image search: [Google]
1399828763006.gif
2 MB, 331x240
>>6068328

>be 19, mtf.
>go to "under 30s" support group for trans women.
>mfw it's full of 30 - 60 year old hons
>mfw I ask why they're there and not in the other group that's for 30's and above and they say it's because they "feel young on the inside".
>>
>>6072190

I hope we're not talking about the same support group because mine also has a really stubborn mtf that is exactly how you described.
>>
>>6068300
>Trans support groups
NO

NO NO NO NO NO
NO
>>
>>6071740
Lol no.

>obnoxious self loathing and pity party threads everywhere
>/pol/tards constantly battering us with b8 threads about how we're all mentally ill and should give up the only treatment we have because reasons
>the occasional feminazi butting in to lecture us on how we're reinforcing misogyny by existing
>frequent doxxing, estalking and bitchy drama in mtfg
>caste system based on passablilty and how TruTrans(tm) you are
>weekly LGB threads about how they should throw us to the wolves

4chan in general is toxic to your self-esteem and mental health. For trannies it's doubled by a factor of ten. I'm willing to bet that most of the trannies that compulsively flagellate themselves by frequenting this hate hive will attempt suicide once they've internalized all the memes and their psyche collapses.
>>
>>6074185
Yeah, this place is bad. It's still the best, despite all of this.
>>
>>6074185
>mtfg
no wonder why you hate this place

do you actually take the people telling you to kill yourself seriously and feel bad about it? do you not think that passability and attractiveness puts you in a higher caste in the real world?
i guess if you need hugboxy support then yeah, 4chan is obviously not the place for you
>>
Would definitely recommend you find one that explicitly states what ages it is for. I go to a mtf one that is fit 18 to 30. For the most part everyone is pretty cool and it is nice to have made some trans friends in real life.

Of course their are still some people that will be annoying but everyone is too polite to say anything. And yeah some people are outside the age range and are total delusional hons.

In fact I'd recommend it either way.
Best case you make new friends, worse case you get some hilarious stories about hons gonna hon. Sometimes I go hoping hons show up do crazy shit. You get great stories.
>>
>>6072483
Not the same anon, but these are my experiences

>two 60-something year old hons sit next to eachother, one in knee-high boots and looked like a hooker, and the other, a 10 year veteran of trans knowledge in a skirt with a very pink top, and extremely long hair that looked like a rat's nest.
>It was more than their appearance, they were exactly like the feminists describe older males, interrupting, dominating the conversation, etc.
>But even worse was that they were rubbing each others' legs and shoulders and making sex eyes the whole time
>also got to hear the story about the old pink shirt hon and his trip to the bathroom with a group of lesbians at pride, and how she's just one of the girls
>same old hon does talks at local businesses and schools about trans topics
>tfw that's how people see us

>try going again the next month, maybe I was being closed minded
>hons have apparently taken another younger (probably between 25-35 y/o, couldn't tell) tranny under their wing who comes dressed up like the church lady from saturday night live.
>the three of them commence the massaging and sex eyes and shutting everyone else out of the conversation, or always steering it back to their bullshit
>ask for local places to do things like hair removal
>get told that chest hair doesn't matter, lot's of women have chest hair anon!
>hons go back to talking about their trans theory circlejerk talk
>mfw
>hons get into a deep conversation with 16 y/o ftm about male privilege, hint: the 16 y/o has more, because they're just helpless little women, teehee

>in another city I went to a lunch, figured why not
>the trans man I met was the most tolerable and seemed like a normal man except he was one of those queer theory feminists
>40 year old bald, married guy shows up with pink nail extensions, and lipstick, but otherwise regular male presentation which was jarring to say the least
>another 60 year old hon there, who obviously had some kind of mental illness going on
>>
>>6074270
>do you not think that passability and attractiveness puts you in a higher caste in the real world?
Go home, /tumblr/
>>
>>6071983
Also my experience. Hons and females whining about their petty problems
>>
>>6068345
I'm maybe like 2 hours away from Lincoln IL if that's where you mean. I'm 24 too.
>>
>>6074566
that's the fucking opposite of tumblr
>>
>>6075028
Um. Lincoln, Nebraska. You know, the one near Omaha...
>>
File: tgtbtu.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
tgtbtu.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>>6073707
Ayy
let's hope not. But I'll be quietly looking for you at our next animu club meeting ;^)
>>
File: 9BcawQT.gif (2 MB, 1920x1076) Image search: [Google]
9BcawQT.gif
2 MB, 1920x1076
This thread is scaring me...
I signed up for an 18+ program that is several weeks long that you have to register for. It's not a thing anyone can just drop in for once a month. I've been told there is a mix of many different people that attend and I'm just crossing my fingers that there are at least a few people who I will get along with.
>>
>>6081332
if people have to register and are vetted then it's much more likely that you'll have a good experience.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.