[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JAPAN DOES NOT LEGALLY PROTECT LGBT ACCORDING TO US STATE DEPARTMENT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: japflag.png (24 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
japflag.png
24 KB, 1600x1067
http://www.state.gov/j/drl/rls/hrrpt/humanrightsreport/index.htm?year=2015&dlid=252767#wrapper

No law prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity. There are no penalties associated with such discrimination, and no related statistics were available. Laws governing rape, sexual commerce, and other activity involving sexual intercourse do not apply to same-sex sexual activity, since the law defines sex as exclusively male-to-female vaginal intercourse. This definition leads to lower penalties for perpetrators of male rape and greater legal ambiguity surrounding same-sex prostitution.
>No discrimination law
>No punishment
>No same sex rape
Japan: bastion of misogyny

NGOs that advocate on behalf of LGBTI persons reported no impediments to organization but some instances of bullying, harassment, and violence. Stigma surrounding LGBTI persons remained an impediment to self-reporting of discrimination or abuse, and studies on bullying and violence in schools generally did not take into account the sexual orientation or gender identity of the persons involved.
>Bullying
>Not taking into account the reasons
Japan = if "dindu nuffin" was a country

Pervasive societal stigma surrounding LGBTI persons also prevented many from being open about their sexual orientation, and attorneys who frequently represent LGBTI persons related several cases during the year in which clients were threatened with disclosure of sexual orientation. Self-censorship in the press remained an impediment to bringing LGBTI issues into mainstream discourse.

The law allows transgender individuals to change their legal gender, but only after receiving a diagnosis of sexual identity disorder.
>be transgender in japan
>wanna sex-change
>doctor has to declare you bonkers
>mfw
>>
>>6028452
are you telling me I can go to japan and make my yaoi rape fantasy come true?

how do I get japanese men to rape me?
>>
File: memehouse.jpg (25 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
memehouse.jpg
25 KB, 500x354
The law allows transgender individuals to change their legal gender, but only after receiving a diagnosis of sexual identity disorder.
>be transgender in japan/america
>wanna sex-change
>doctor has to declare you bonkers
>mfw
>>
>>6028462
Be less than 10 ideally. No older than 15.
Have NO BODY HAIR, and blue head hair that covers your eyes.
>>
>>6028452
k keep me posted
>>
>>6028452
Who fucking cares? Japan has a strong masterrace culture on top of being genetically masterrace. Let them continue doing as they wish and keeping their culture and people alive.

Besides, if you knew jack shit about Japan you'd know that homos and trannies have no issues there unless they act like the crazy faggots here. You just don't talk about it and that is the way it should be. It's there, nobody really cares, they just don't want it pushed in everyone's face, and there is nothing wrong with that.

They seriously have had transgender politicians and such. You can't even bitch at that point.

Look at this picture. Notice how they aren't wearing leather and dildo suits and shit like that, but instead look like civilized people?
>>
>>6028452
>japan does not legally protect lgbt

Neither does south korea. Your point?
>>
File: 1426012230177.png (171 KB, 448x372) Image search: [Google]
1426012230177.png
171 KB, 448x372
>>6028452
>Laws governing rape, sexual commerce, and other activity involving sexual intercourse do not apply to same-sex sexual activity, since the law defines sex as exclusively male-to-female vaginal intercourse. This definition leads to lower penalties for perpetrators of male rape and greater legal ambiguity surrounding same-sex prostitution.

based nippon
>>
>>6028535
This.
>>
>>6028452
Quit bashing on other cultures you fucking racist piece of shit.

I find it quite appalling that you are wanting to force white European cultural norms on the rest of the world. Racism such as this cannot be tolerated.

:^)
>>
>>6028452
What about you lay off the cultural imperialism for a while? The world doesn't revolve around America and american values.
>>
>>6028462
That's really gross. I just threw up a little in my mouth considering how ugly japs are
>>
>>6028788
A true pol user likes Japan. I guess you're on the right board then.
>>
>>6028776
>white European cultural norms

Why is it that when white Europeans talk about how things can be made better they are labeled as being imperialistic?

>Euro guy: Hey, guys; this idea of vaccination is great. I wanna share this idea for the benefit of people, whether they look like me ore not.
>Some other guy: How dare you impose your culture and values on others!
>>
>>6028843
Are you trying to compare vaccinations to societal acceptance of the mentally ill? Also this guy isn't trying to share a good idea, he's trying to start an outrage among white americans that a foreign country doesn't do what he likes.
>>
>>6028856

I mean we do live in a global community.
>The LGBT movement did not limit itself to the state of California or New York.
>LGBT acceptance was spread outside of those states and into the whole country

In the same way
>The LGBT movement might not want to limit itself to the USA
>LGBT acceptance might be a good thing to spread to those outside of America and into the whole world
>>
>>6028868
>>6028843

Either way, imposing your culture and beliefs on people of other races and cultures is by definition racist.

Your cultural bias and racism is what makes you think that it would be better for them to have your cultural values.

You are a racist piece of shit, and should be ashamed of yourself.
>>
So? Japan is behind the times a bit. Who cares?
As a Brit, the US looked a lot like Japan for a whole year to us. We just silently looked at disapprovingly.
They're starting to recognise same-sex partnerships over there. Just let them take their baby steps towards being a developed country.

(Soredemo, nihon - douseikon o motto hayaku gouhouka shite)
>>
>>6028904
Go fuck yourself racist asshole. Whito piggu!!!!

Racists always look down on cultures that they disapprove of due to their racism.
>>
>>6028928
>Assuming British=White

I'd take this as satire, but other comments like:
>>6028887
>>6028776
I'm struggling to tell if it's 4chan trolls or a stray tumblrina.
>>
>>6028904
>We just silently looked at disapprovingly.

Says the country that sent Chamberlain to Hitler
>Hey guys Hitler signed a piece of paper pinky promising not to invade anymore countries
>>
File: reeee.jpg (20 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
reeee.jpg
20 KB, 640x425
>>6028452
Good, the jew fears the Samurai.
>>
>>6028904

Because non-intervention is the way to go right?
>Be USA
>Europe asks for help because Nazis
>US: lol nope
>Gets Pearl Harbored
>Beats the Nazis, Fascists, and Japs

And that's what happens when countries are isolationists: their navy gets bombed
>>
>>6029042#
You realize that the u.s was just going to let Germany defeat them in an attempt to remain neutral which would make us even easier to take down once the British were defeated so you can't really complain about their bad moves
>>
>>6029030
Either way, not Japanese. Go fuck yourself racist pig.

protip: tumblrinas wouldn't be acting anti-gay. Tumblrinas would be arguing for the OP's rather racist cause.
>>
File: image.jpg (219 KB, 794x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
219 KB, 794x1200
>>6028462
>Tfw no Yaoi rape fantasy wth lewd boyboobs
>>
>>6029117
Or maybe your a tumblrina in disquise or perhaps a troll or maybe just maybe a retard
>>
>>6029148
Or maybe you're just a disgusting racist piece of shit who can't even argue against how racist you are?

I mean you just throw the same insults. I have pointed out how and why you are racist - you have done nothing to argue against this. You've just restated that you want to impose your culture upon another race and another culture, which is by definition racist.

The fact that you can't tell that you're being racist just shows how racist you are.
>>
The fact that you can't tell how stupid you are only makes this all the funnier
>>
>>6029201
>forgets to link my post
>calls me stupid

lole
>>
Rushing through my veins like hot lava in a volcano my rage grows unrelentless.
Deeply triggered i am forced to reply to your post, at the cost of looking like sperging neckbeard.

>Japan: bastion of misogyny

GO. FUCK. YOURSELF. WITH A FIERY CHAINSAW.

nowhere in your post you mention discrimination or hate against women and, in the unfortunate case where you honestly didn't know about it, MISOGYNY MEANS HATE AGAINST WOMEN.
Which has nothing to do with your post.
Which has nothing to do with this lovely board.
So stop trying to push an agenda by making it slide under the door of an otherwise completely acceptable discussion.
Ironically, reading your link from the same-sex rape problem one can read "The law defines a rapist as “a person who, through assault or intimidation, forcibly commits sexual intercourse with a female...", which just seems to point more to a discrimination against men.

On a side note:
>The law allows transgender individuals to change their legal gender, but only after receiving a diagnosis of sexual identity disorder

which is exactly what Transgenderism is. Where is the damn problem!?

I am going to ignore the fact that the link you posted come from the USA government trying to criticize another government.

>>6028535

> Let them continue doing as they wish and keeping their culture and people alive

You seem quite the based poster, but please remember that no one should be immune to constructive criticism or discussion, and Japan seems to have quite a big problem with birthrates, male betaness, suicide rates. Just because they are one of the masteraces it doesn't mean they are doing everything just fine.
>>
>>6028452
Thank god. as if that country wasn't gross enough.
>>
>>6028535
There is no Like or upvote on 4chan but I wish there was for this glorious comment. live long man! be strong!
>>
>>6029231
>Triggered
>Killyaself
>>
>>6028452
Most homophobia stems from the teachings of Abrahamic religions, the likes of which Japan was not exposed to at anywhere near the same scale as the West. Therefore LGBT laws have never needed to exist in the same way as homophobia in itself is a Westernised concept. If anything the homophobia you see nowadays is a vestigial effect of Western (read: American) imperialism. People need to stop thinking America is the nucleus of civilisation and tolerance because it really isn't.
>>
>>6029231
To be honest I don't think birthrates are an issue for them, so long as they don't continue forever. There are already a ton of Japanese people. There is no reason to keep increasing the number at this point, as such a huge number already offsets the balance with nature.

Suicide and male betaness are definite issues though.
>>
>>6028452
Nobody legally needs to be protected. I am the gayest girl there is and I've never needed to be protected from discrimination by the all-seeing cancer that is corrupt government. Who fucking cares if I can't shop somewhere? It's a person's right if they don't want to serve me.

Government regulations on private individuals and businesses are bullshit, and you ship getting convinced by this make me mad.
>>
>>6031660
I just realized I typed 'ship' but I have no idea what I meant to put there. Uhh okay
>>
File: RonPerlmanHelpMe.jpg (260 KB, 1000x1556) Image search: [Google]
RonPerlmanHelpMe.jpg
260 KB, 1000x1556
>>6031660
In which the libertarian is unable to comprehend how capitalism works...

>>6028452
Japan's big problem isn't necessarily its lack of laws protecting people from discrimination, but it's apparent inability to even discuss social issues without some of the people there thinking the whole country is going to collapse because of it. If they can't tolerate open debate and allow vigilantes to censor it they're not really gonna get anywhere on the first point unless they're, say, boycotted because of it (which isn't going to happen, as their laws regarding sexuality are far from the worst out there and they're an important U.S. trading partner.)
>>
>>6031779
>not really gonna get anywhere on the first point unless they're, say, boycotted

Which begs the question, why does the US trade with people with different laws than it?

If they have a reprehensible law, then they can be isolated.

Unless the US thinks that isolating a country economically could just lead to it becoming worse.
>Like how if those who are smart in math are separated from the stupid
>this will lead to the stupid students becoming stupider
>>
>>6028516
>be transgender.
>the year 2020, so sexual identity disorder is no longer a valid diagnosis to protect trans' feeling.
>pay out-of-pocket for therapy and trans related medical expenses which are not covered by insurance or deductible from income taxes because being trans is not a valid medical problem; just a natural, normal, and healthy, but inconvenient thing like being ugly.
>>
>>6031779
In which the libertarian follows free market principles, bitch. Let's all be pussies and threaten business owners with force if they don't want to serve us.

The free market is all-knowing and right-doing. If people don't want LGBT discrimination, they won't shop at places which deny them.
>>
>>6028788
This. Japanese guys are so ugly and beta. Who honestly even cares about that country anymore? It's been stagnant for 15 years.
>>
>>6031914
You don't know shit about economics if you think that about the market. The market can often fail and has to be regulated. Example: Monopolies.
>>
Trannies are fucking crazy though.
>>
>>6031858
This is how it should be
>>
>>6028452
>talks about how japan doesn't give a shit about gay people
>misogyny
What?
>>
Japan also lack shitty Abrahamic religions so there really isn't problems with homosexuality itself. It's just that Japanese fear anything slightly different, their society is structured that way. However if I remember right over 50% were fine with gays and they can live in peace.
>>
>>6031823
>If they have a reprehensible law, then they can be isolated.
They can be to various degrees and are by the USA and other countries, look at the economic sanctions on russia or best korea, but countries will often put their own strategic and economic interests above standing up to reprehensible laws.
>>
>>6031823
>>6032616

Past
>Japan was isolated
>USA: open your markets or we'll shoot you
>Japan opens their markets

Now
>Japan has many trades with the west
>USA: we will not trade with you if you don't change your laws
>Japan becomes isolated

The Japanese might start flipping their minds at how the West wants them open but will isolate them if they don't have Western standards.
>>
lol fags
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.