[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/LGBT/, Why do you support transgenderism? It is a known fact
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 8
File: everything is alright.jpg (100 KB, 1024x875) Image search: [Google]
everything is alright.jpg
100 KB, 1024x875
/LGBT/, Why do you support transgenderism? It is a known fact that being transgender is a sign of mental illness which is less known as gender dysphoria.
>>
and homosexuality is a mental illness

this is mental illness: the board
>>
>>5988604
>It is a known fact that being transgender is a sign of mental illness
ok? why should i give a shit? if i wanna kill myself because i hate the sex of my body, im going to transition, regardless of whether or not people are offended by transgenderism
>>
>>5988604
Its not like people can help being mentally ill, anon.
>>
because they are my friends ok
>>
>>5988604
trans people have had our backs longer than straight people have had our backs. Trans people generally don't treat gays like shit, while straights do.
>>
>>5988634

So you're actually defending a mental illness.

>>5988662
Yeah, a bunch of mentally ill friends that probably have personal problems

>>5988715
Technically, homosexuality is a mental illness as well. Any sane individual would know that mental illness is not a joke and people treating it like a lifestyle deserve to be shamed.
>>
>>5988832
thanks for your insight and contribution to the board
>>
>>5988832
technically you're full of shit

homosexuality provides absolutely no obstacle to myself for achieving anything I want in life. It's just awful straight people that keep giving us shit
>>
>an hour earlier I saw this thread and decided to not give into obvious /pol/ bait and expected the rest of you to not give him attention either
>8 replies

Sigh.
>>
>>5988857
tbqh I just enjoy routinely shutting down /pol/'s same 3 retarded arguments against LGBT
>>
>>5988857
if it weren't for obvious /pol/ threads this board would look like it's archived
>>
>>5988864
He doesn't want arguments, he wants attention and you're giving it to him by being here. Let it die.

God, it's like none of you have ever trolled a group you disagree with. You didn't care or evaluate arguments back then, you wanted to laugh at people who said things you thought were dumb.
>>
>>5988886
I'm sorry I am not using the internet in the proper way that you like. What a waste of a wonderful resource. Let me go tell Al Gore to pull the plug this was all a mistake
>>
>>5988899
The point is you're (we're, actually) doing exactly what OP wants, so it's stupid to keep doing it if you oppose him.

Unless you're into that.
>>
>>5988908
i-it's not like i want you to make anti-legbutt threads here, /pol/aka
>>
>>5988908
No yeah I'm into the conflict and arguing it's pretty fun for me. It doesn't solve anything it's just that calling a /pol/ poster a piece of shit relieves stress after a long day of work.

What do you like to do to relieve stress?
>>
>>5988832
>you're actually defending a mental illness
the fuck does that even mean? im not defending anything, nor am i not not defending anything. im simply stating that when someone wants to kill theirself because they hate the sex of their body, the logical thing to do is transition if it would help them function normally in their day to day life.

whats your alternative? do you think transgenders should suppress it and just kill themselves after being unable to go on the way they are?
>>
>>5988931

Hardbass, getting fucked, and vidya.

Only the second potentially involves giving your time to a lonely, insecure, and bored person like OP, so you should try out the other two.
>>
>>5988956
I'm waiting on Dark Souls 3 to come out so I'm not committing to any vidya until then.

I have a friend coming over to play Smash 4 this weekend though. On my new couch! :D
>>
>>5988974

scratch off all the things I said

NEW FURNITURE IS THE BEST WAY TO STRESS RELIEF

SO COMFY

so comfy
>>
>>5988981
dude this is my first apartment on my own and I am loving this decorating and building furniture from IKEA and keeping the place clean I swear I'm like a fucking housewife.

Like when I lived with other people I didn't really care about all the shit in the room but basically everything in here is mine and it looks how I want it to look and I'm responsible for keeping it clean and looking nice and I LOVE IT
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>5989009
>tfw messy and lazy
>tfw can't blame roommates on my mess because they don't exist
>tfw hrt never gave me maternal neat instincys

i pray to get OCD every night so this place stops being a mess

pic related (i swear this situation formed completely naturally over the last two days or so and was not arranged previously)
>>
>>5988604

I don't support it, but I am secure in the knowledge that three things will inevitably occur, listed in the order they are likely to occur in.

1) SRS eventually comes to be viewed as a primitive and backwards solution to a much more complex problem, much as we look back on the practice of trepanation. Psychological, pharmaceutical, or perhaps surgical methods of treating the condition directly rather than feeding into the delusion become much more robust and achieve higher success rates, allowing those with gender dysphoria to live with it or perhaps cure them entirely.

2) Technology advances to the point where conditions like GID can be caught early and treated before the child is even born.

3) Technology advances to the point where the body one is born with is not necessarily the one you have to die in. Whether they're vat grown or machines, mankind unlocks the ability to place a mind into the body it feels best meets its needs both physically and psychologically. At this point, sex or gender will likely take a backseat to discussions on what it means to be human.
>>
>>5989076
man I'm pretty lucky I'm a dude and don't have to worry about long hair and make up and shit like that. My bathroom counter is literally
>toothbrush
>toothpaste
>electric razor
and even then I shave like once a week and in the shower so I don't have to wipe it all up with a paper towel in the sink.

I admit that during the week I do tend to slack, but on Sundays when the weekend is winding down or I have idle time I do a weekly clean up. You know, organize, put or throw shit away, wipe down counters, clean. It's nice and relaxing. This weekend I'm gonna buy a power strip and dinner plates :D
>>
>>5989100
To the contrary, the field of 'cosmetic' surgery is advancing so rapidly that eventually it will no longer carry any stigma. Good luck on the second for a condition that may have shared genetic markers and hormonal influences that may be both prenatal and non.
>>
>>5989138

Cosmetic surgery does not solve the underlying issues or stigmas.
>>
>>5989166
Neither does fixing your crooked nose if you have poor self-image but it certainly helps.
>>
>>5989177
he just wants to spout out biotroofs about how everyone but him is delusional and try to sound smart, leave him be
>>
>>5988832
>defending nental ilness
find a cure for it
>>
Back in my day, of researching to figure out why I felt like a guy despite being born a girl, and who or what was I, it was called gender identity disorder.

Has the term changed to gender dysphoria now?
>>
>>5988604
So is depression and anxiety. Are people not allowed to treat those mental illnesses or is there an arbitrary standard by which we decide who gets to be treated and who doesn't?
>>
>>5990016
the usual standard, my opinion > ur opinion
>>
"Mental illness" as we define it is anything you can throw a DSM term at, yet some countries are now doing away with Shizophrenia for example in favor of "generalized psychosis"

Eventually we'll figure out where the illness and where the lack of understanding for other human beings meet.
>>
>>5988855
Just because if provides no obstacle to you doesn't mean you can speak for everyone who is trans or homo. And yet you decide to its the straight people's fault.
>>
Also, to people asking why transgenderism is a mental illness - Instead of saying a that it is a man thinking he is trapped inside a female body and want to get out and vice versa, why not compare it to a man or a woman that is trapped inside a body of a lion or a cat or some other entity/animal? Would you consider that a mental illness too or would you defend it by saying that s/he is one?
>>
>>5990016
Just like any other mental illness, they need to be treated, including transgenderism. Except you idiots on this board decide to celebrate it as a normal thing.
>>
>>5990778
>why not compare it to a man or a woman that is trapped inside a body of a lion or a cat or some other entity/animal?
if a lion communicated to me that it was a human trapped inside a lion body i think i would take the talking lion very seriously
>>
>>5990896
You must be delusional
>>
>>5988604
Gr8 b8 m8. Homosexuality, asexuality, bisexuality must be mental illnesses too, since they are "aberrant" mental and sexual behavior.
>>
>>5990987
well considering i can hear a lion talking probably
>>
File: tumblr_ns4y0dqf3T1uscg3co1_500.jpg (37 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns4y0dqf3T1uscg3co1_500.jpg
37 KB, 500x334
0/bait not even /pol/
We have this thread everyday. Nobody cares except butthurt trannies and repressed /pol/ trannies.
>>
>>5990778
A human man and a human woman are not as different from each other as either of them are to a lion. Are you retarded?

To put it in a better perspective, there's a 50/50 shot of any fetus being born as a specific gender. In other words, there's a very real chance someone could have been born as an opposite gender. And this means there's a very real possibility for some sort of fuckup to occur - where you get the mind of one gender in the body of another.

However, there was never, ever any possibility for a human fetus to develop into a lion or vice versa. There's no way the "mind of a lion" could get into the body of a human.
>>
>>5991873
It seems you are the one who is retarded. A gender is determined by the characteristics of your chromosomes. There is no way on earth a person can be born as an opposite gender.

As for the part where you mentioned the mind, that just reiterates how transgenders have mental illness - They think they are something they aren't. Seriously, get out of denial
>>
>>5992787
nobody is denying its a mental illness you idiot
>>
>>5988604
It's not a mental illness, repeating it wont make it true
>>>/pol/
>>
>>5990016

Are depression and anxiety generally treated with surgery? Isn't the goal usually to alleviate the symptoms or treat the underlying source? What is the difference between a person who feels that they need to be the opposite sex and goes through SRS, and a person who feels they need to be handicapped and blinds themselves?
>>
>>5992811
Then why are your SJW friends defending it like its something they are proud of? Why should people be open to being transgender when even you acknowledge it is a mental illness?
>>
>>5993130
>saying SJW unironically

I'm dying
>>
>>5992854
>It's not a mental illness
>Transgender is also known as gender dysphoria which is known to be a mental disorder

You can keep denying it all you want, but that doesn't change the truth
>>
>>5993134

I'm not sure I understand. The existence of SJWs is pretty well documented at this point, regardless of whether that anon is misusing the term.
>>
File: buzzword.jpg (19 KB, 300x236) Image search: [Google]
buzzword.jpg
19 KB, 300x236
>>5993130
>>
>>5993134
So I guess SJW is a word that no one can use unless he or she is a part of the LGBT group? Are you retarded?
>>
>>5993166
do you even know what irony is?

holy shit go back to junior high, kiddo. guess what? you're still never going to pass even if you get on HRT right now. you're just that damn ugly inside.
>>
>>5993207
>Ugliness determines your intelligence

topkek
>>
>>5993130
>Why should people be open to being transgender
are you an idiot? if you have a mental illness, you have a mental illness. thats just the way it is. theres no "being open" to something that just is. its like saying you "disagree with homosexuality"; its a sexuality, not a fucking opinion, therefore you cant disagree with it.

also
>SJW friends
lol, im far from SJW and dont even have friends. and if i did, they wouldnt be SJWs
>>
>>5989588
>find a cure for it

if it were only that easy, anon. then there would be a lot less autists in the world.
>>
>>5993213
Your lack of reading comprehension shows your lack of intelligence
>>
>>5988855
Spreading your seed.
>>
>>5992787
>It seems you are the one who is retarded. A gender is determined by the characteristics of your chromosomes. There is no way on earth a person can be born as an opposite gender.

Except intersex people exist. While not all transgender people are intersex, the fact that intersex people exist at all tells us that it is possible for the fetus to develop problems with their sex during the womb. And the fact is that it's certainly possible for the mind to develop differently from the body.

>As for the part where you mentioned the mind, that just reiterates how transgenders have mental illness - They think they are something they aren't. Seriously, get out of denial
It's not a mental illness. Their mind is healthy - it's just that their body is wrong for their mind. To take your hypothetic lion example from earlier - if you took a lion's mind and put it in a human's body, it would act and think like a lion. It's not that the Lion's mind is ill - if it was in the right body it would function just fine. It's that the body is wrong.

>>5993151
Transgender and gender dysphoria are not the same thing. Gender dysphoria is a symptom of being transgender, not the whole thing. So while dysphoria is a mental disorder being trans is not.
>>
>>5993130
So if someone is mentally ill, they're supposed to deny it and pretend it doesn't exist?
>>
>>5988947
Get help. Psychology, religion, whatever.
>>
>>5994488
>their mind is healthy
>it's just that their body is wrong for their mind.

You sound like a child.
>>
OP can call it a mental illness if they want, like autism or ADHD or being attracted to the wrong gender.

Whoops did I type that? Silly me.
>>
>>5994575
your idea of "help" is simply suppressing gender dysphoria. that does absolutely nothing, and only worsens things in the long run
>>
>>5994631
There's nothing suppressing about confronting reality. It's the opposite of suppression.
>>
>>5994666
no, "confronting reality" would be recognizing and accepting you have gender dysphoria and working to fix it by getting on hormones or transitioning
>>
>>5994681
or psychiatry. it's never been proven that dysphoria is only curable by transition. transition is the least healthy method. its like giving diet pills for anorexics, or telling cutters to cut if it works, as long as its not done too often. it doesnt address the root problem at all.

some of us did the smart thing and got help. stop with this "transition or die" meme. seriously dangerous and homophobic
>>
>>5994681
You don't "fix" a dysphoria. You either end it, or you don't. Ending it would obviously be the productive option.
>>
File: 308px-fayum-16.jpg (66 KB, 250x484) Image search: [Google]
308px-fayum-16.jpg
66 KB, 250x484
I don't, really. The only reason there's implicit support is shared suppression and politics which date back decades.
>>
>>5994592
There is nothing fundamentally wrong with the mind, or the body. They're just incompatible. If you fill a wine glass with diesel fuel, does that mean there's something wrong with the diesel fuel? Is there something wrong with the wine glass?
>>
>>5994721
>homophobic
youre definitely baiting me lmao
>>
>>5994721
>it's never been proven that dysphoria is only curable by transition. transition is the least healthy method
Conversion therapy, same-sex hormone therapy, anti-psychotics have all been tried, none are even remotely as effective as transitioning in treating gender dysphoria.

>some of us did the smart thing and got help.
If that's the case, surely you can provide some evidence of this treatment being successful? Surely the people you got help from must be licensed medical professionals, so they definitely should have recorded this, since it would be the first credible evidence of such "alternative treatment" being successful?

>seriously dangerous and homophobic
How is it homophobic?
>>
>>5994725
How do you propose we end it then?
>>
>>5994828
In this surprisingly illuminating analogy you're trying to say drinking diesel fuel is perfectly fine.
>>
>>5995250
>you're trying to say drinking diesel fuel is perfectly fine.
Not really, the metaphor is:
diesel fuel = female brain
diesel truck = female body
wine = male brain
wine glass = male body
In other words, diesel fuel and wine both have their uses, but aren't interchangeable.
>>
>>5988604
I support transpeople because i support anyone trying to get threw whatever it is they need to get threw.
>>
>>5997139
>*through

Agreed, + leave how to treat gender dysphoria to the psychologists and mental health professionals. Hrt improves quality of life, denial / conversion therapy doesn't. These people are just trying to get by.
>>
>>5988604
genius iq is technically a "mental illness" too
>>
Look faggot, some people cannot help what is innate to them. With your concept of being transgender being gender dysphoria ,surely you would also argue that being gay or lesbian is a disorder in which people are unnatural and different. If you can't understand something ...fine. But if you enforce something as having antagonistic/unstable characteristics due to not being able to comprehend something. Well that's just faggy.
>>
>>5997209
Sorry bout that. Through*
>>
>>5988947
why would somebody kill themselves because they think they should have a dick instead of a vag or vice versa
>>
>>5998158
>"ive never experienced sex dysphoria therefore i dont understand it"
thanks for the insightful post
>>
>>5995250
just replace "diesel fuel" with anything you find less confusing like "apple juice" you glorious retard
>>
>>5998168
then enlighten me
>>
>>5998192
imagine a time you felt uncomfortable with your body or a part of it, for whatever reason. now amplify that uncomfortableness by 20. thats sex dysphoria except youre painfully aware of how much you hate your body at all times and it never goes away
>>
>>5998243
>a time you felt uncomfortable with your body or a part of it
i mean, in middle school I was too scrawny and knew it, but that's just because other people would make fun of it. nobody's gonna make fun of you because you're cisgendered
>>
>>5988604
>a sign of mental illness
so was "being gay"
>>
>>5998497
But gender disphoria is a mental illness by definition...
>>
>>5998529
to be fair, a mental illness is only what seen as a mental irregularity. it's something that inhibits regular day to day function. mental illness and being "crazy" aren't the same.
it's mostly what's misunderstood by most.
>>
>>5998529
So is adhd.
>>
>>5989076

ocd doesn't make someone neat...
>>
Yea, I mean transgender people are kind of the scum of the earth. Not all of them, ofcourse, but its just fucking weird. Just accept your own gender you fucking weird little pan little fuck. Just be normal. Lol nobody wants these weird looking pan sexual shits to repopulate.
>>
mental illness is the very definition of a spook
>>
>>5999090
do you have autism?
>>
>>5999324
pretty likely imo
>tfw all transpeople are apparently pansexual
>>
>>5999090
this
>>
>>5998243
If you can't deal with it, then you have a mental illness.
>>
The amount of autism here hurts holy fuck
>>
>>5999090
yeah this is true

we told straight people it's not a slippery slope then trans "people" just shit on us like this
>>
>>5988604
I don't support them and Common Filth radio is why
Bunch of sick people who want to be special, they just want attention.
Theyre getting all this special help, attention, free benefits, meanwhile myself and my other veteran friends are getting the shaft. What's the deal? I regret fighting for their freedom.
>>
>>5990778
>He's never heard of fairy tales
You're the idiot who wouldn't kiss the frog.
>>
>>6000970
To be fair, veteran care in the US is absolute shit. Why it gets overlooked so much is beyond me.
>>
>>6001083
Because it's not useful to fighting a war, they just dangle veteran benefits to get you to sign your dumb proletarian ass up.
>>
>>6001096
I don't remember which candidate said this, but there's absolutely no reason to spend all this money to send people off to war if we aren't wrong to spend money to take care of them afterwards.
>>
>>5988604
I don't support transgenderism, I just don't give a fuck.
>>
>>5988604
tbf being on 4chan is a sign of mental illness

its why we are all here
>>
>>5996556
I thought brain gender theory has recently been disproved?
>>
>>6001291
>recently been disproved
Most studies that "disprove" it study a different part of the brain.

Get that: it's possible for different sections of the brain to be affected by different things.
>>
>>6001307
No need to be so salty i was asking a question not being sarcastic.
>>
File: supersexytrannytime.jpg (260 KB, 600x640) Image search: [Google]
supersexytrannytime.jpg
260 KB, 600x640
>>
>>5999382
>all transpeople are apparently pansexual
no, those are tumblr "trans" people. real trans people recognize that pansexuality isnt a real thing and that its just bisexuality.

>>5999421
>If you can't deal with it, then you have a mental illness.
what are you talking about? i literally never denied that its a mental illness. whats the point of this post
>>
>>6001320
Pls dont bring up this fucker, anyone but him.
>>
File: 1459480723886.png (44 KB, 836x781) Image search: [Google]
1459480723886.png
44 KB, 836x781
>>5988604
>>
>>6001680
you mean her right? does not matter if you dislike someone no excuse to not use proper pronouns.
>>
>>6001687
haha what
>>
>>6004174
>haha what
Goddamn loch Ness monster tryna get tree fiddy
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.