[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, /lgbt/ what's up with agender people? I mean I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 6
File: Agender_flag.png (1 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
Agender_flag.png
1 KB, 500x346
So, /lgbt/ what's up with agender people?

I mean I'm sure you've all noticed the trend lately; lots of female born people on tumblr (and its almost always female born I've noted) decide to go for 'they/them' pronouns. I've had examples of two old friends who used to be girls but eventually became agender, despite never talking about gender before.

I find it hard to believe that agender people are THIS common. And I've never seen it from people who were male before, either. Is it not cool to be a girl anymore?

Any agender people here able to weigh in? I'm trying to not judge any lifestyles or identities but I don't know, something feels off here.
>>
Male, Female, and then there's people that want to live as the opposite from what they were assigned.

end of story
>>
>>5968432
That's easy to swallow, what I don't get is why so many are cropping up in recent years, and why so many happen to be from people who were assigned as female.
>>
>>5968435
Search "the agender agenda" via bing or yahoo. The top result should be from a website called Chaos Life. It explains a lot about the concept of agender.
>>
>>5968426
About 90% of these non-cis non-trans identities (agender, demi, even genderqueer to a degree) are girls who are bi but in denial because of the stigma. From experience the ones who tend to do this previously call themselves lesbian but then say they date guys when they are agender.
>>
>>5968426
I really don't care, I call most people 'they'anyway.
>>
>>5968432
"what are nonwestern conceptualizations of gender identity" for 500, please.
>>
>>5968974
>Agender as a concept at all representing any of the gender identity concepts you're referring to

>Third gender created so people can fuck dudes without being gay an actual example of a gender identity
>Not just a no-homo
Also the Greeks did the same thing. Greeks are pretty western

And while we're at it
>Tumblr concepts
>Not Western
>>
>>5968993
I wasn't challenging the statement of nonwestern cultures having agender identities, I was challenging the concept as stated that all gender identities fall somewhere on the "Male, Female, and then there's people that want to live as the opposite from what they were assigned" continuum as asserted above.

For instance: "The Buginese people recognize five separate genders. These are makkunrai and oroané, which are similar to cisgender male and female respectively, as well as calabai, calalai, and bissu, which are less easily comparable to Western ideas of gender."

There are more, if I have to dig 'em up.
>>
>>5968426
I just don't want to conform to our society's view of what a man should be. I want to wear what I want, I want to shape my hair like I want, I want to look feminine if I want to. Or masculine. Or both?
I still have a dick, but I don't want to let that decide how I should present myself, what I should enjoy or do.
I've been told (by a friend that goes on tumblr and hates 4chan) that this makes me agender, but honestly I don't really care. It's just another label or box.
>>
>>5969162
That's one of the problem with tumblr. You don't have to adopt any "identity" or "label" to do what you want to do.

Like, we should get rid of gender roles, but imposing labels like agender to gender non-conforming people is contrary to that (If agender are GNC, implicitly that mean "gender-ed" people should be gender conforming, which is exactly what we should not want)
>>
agender is a real thing, but like other trans identities, it should be accompanied by dysphoria.
>>
>>5969423
It's a mental illness. Knowing tumblr they self diagnose every condition possible to get attention and become a minority. It's why you see so many self diagnosed DID, Bipolar, Depressed, ADHD individuals on tumblr.
>>
>>5969437
Well, yeah, gender dysphoria is a medical condition that should be diagnosed by a professional. The current theory is that it's a neurological disorder, not a mental illness, though.
>>
>>5969458
Any psychiatric disorder is neurological.
>>
>>5969437
>tfw diagnosed ADHD as a kid along with confirming brain scans
>tfw clumsy, forgetful, sometimes really piss friends off by launching into space mid conversation
>>
>>5968426
I just want to throw this in here: I'm female, (ya I know) bi and agender. Idon't have prefered pronouns, call me he, she or they (just not "it"). It took me a long time to figure it out. At first I thought I was transgender but I didn't want to transition at all, then I thought I was bigender, a form of genderfluid without an inbetween. After that I was convinced that I was genderfluid but that didn't describe me either. I came to the conclusion that I'm agender.

As for my physical appearance: I want an androgynous body so bad. I want to dress and act androgynously, but I don't have the money for the clothes unfortunately and behaving the way I would want to would confuse or even scare people away from me because they just wouldn't understand.
>>
>>5970276
People around me aren't really educated about lgbt and such.
>>
>trans people describe themselves with "I always felt like a..."
>cisgender retards can't ~feel~ their gender, because they're cis and everything is working properly
>"durr durr obviously i'm agwenduh twans lol"

close thread now.
>>
>>5970276
fucking christ, you don't want to transition? YOU'RE A WOMAN. A GIRL. A FEMALE. and you are setting gender equality back with this stupid shit! how about we start rethinking our ideas about what makes a man and what makes a woman, rather than resorting to this bullshit?
>>
>>5968426
Meme/10
>>
>>5970276
I just got memed reading that.
>>
>>5970276
If you're fine being called she and just want to present androgynously, than why adopt a new identity?
>>
>>5970607
They specifically said they want an androgynous body. That seems indicative of a desire to transition.
>>
>>5968426
>something feels off here
Remember that time where every speshul person made his own unique Sonic the Hedgehog recolor?
This is literally that except about gender identity.
>original gender donut steel
>>
>>5970854
I don't know, some of the weird tumblr shit with "infinite" genders like plantgender and demiboy/demigirl and everyone has their own gender is pretty pointless, but don't think
-male
-female
-both (bigender)
-no gender (agender)
-none of the above (non-binary)

is overdoing it. There's cultures that had 5 or 6 gender IDs and it worked just fine.
>>
>>5970820
Fuck it, never mind. I rebuke my earlier statement. This board has made me bitter.
>>
>>5971072
Yeah, can we try to get everyone to narrow it down to these five? It would lessen the headache and maybe even weed out the fakers.
>>
File: 795.png (404 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
795.png
404 KB, 853x480
>>5968426
There is no such thing as being agender, people on tumblr believe they're also wolfkins and dragonkins.

You are either born male or female, and your gender is either male or female. Now you can act like you're the other gender, but you can't act like you have no gender.

It's a trendy thing for people to act like special little snowflakes, and women by and large are the biggest idiots when it comes to falling for this bullshit.
>>
I guess it's possible to feel like you don't belong in a gender and everything, dysphoria and the likes, but up to a certain point I do feel a bunch of these are teenage girls suddenly realizing that it's a rougher deal in general to be socially perceived as more on the feminine side. I know for a thing that I would have fucking jumped into the tumblr bandwagon in high school if I'd known about it back then.
>>
i might join them, they have a dope flag design
>>
>>5970607
I just have no desire to do so, because I don't want to be a male. I would be happiest if I was inbetween the two. And how exactly am I setting equality back? >>5970739
Rekt m8
>>
>>5968426

They spend too much time on the internet, yet feel crushed by all of the sexism on said internet, so they just nope out and say "fuck you I'm agender".

It's a phase and won't last past college graduation though.
>>
>>5971072

I wouldn't mind if agender/bigender seemed like legit concepts, but they're almost certainly just people looking for a way to avoid being stereotyped without the hard work of actually confronting and fighting against gender stereotypes.
>>
>>5971293
The existence of bullshit does not make other things bullshit, especially when they aren't related at all. If I said I believed that there were little green men on the moon who snorted Vick's Vapo-Rub, and also that I believed that vaccines caused autism, and then casually dropped that George Washington was the first President, you wouldn't be able to call that last fact bullshit just because the first two were bullshit.

You're being stupid but you think you're being smart. It's detestable. Nothing anyone will say can change your mind, so I'm not gonna bother, other than to call you out on being a cunt.
>>
>>5970820
I'm also okay being called a he. I just don't care what pronouns one uses.
>>
>>5970739
K I changed it. I'm memegender now. My pronouns are tumblr/tumblr's.
>>
>>5969017
This.
I'm indigenous in North America, and two spirit is a very old and sacred thing to us. And two spirit is very loosely defined, as anyone who isn't hetero and cis.
>>
>>5968426
simple, there are two sexes: male, female
You can identify as on or the other based on your brain.
Everything else is pure degeneracy. Jews trying to shill you special snowflake shit that's only going to confuse the youth thus destroying once magnificent countries.
>>
>>5973548
I don't understand where this theory even comes from. Why would Jews want people to be special snowflakes? Isn't that against their God
>>
>>5973677
No you don't understand anon.
follow my thought here
Jews have several things they like. Gold, money, world dominance and ofcourse foreskin. You see, they love foreskin so much, they cut it of their childs and serve it. They basically get kids inorder to eat forskin. As you allready catched on; the whole penis is ofcourse even better, they love to eat benis. Now they can't cut off their childrens, as they want to keep their world dominance, but they can teach their cattle not only how to spend and generate money for them. NO! They also inject a mindset into society, that leads to people cutting of their penises. So that they can feast upon them.
It's all because they want to eat dick, basically.
>>
>Trans identities have existed across a multitude of cultures through-out history
>Mighty whitey does science
>I SEES A VAGINE, SHE IS FEMALE
>HE HAB A PENINIS, HE IS MAN
>"Gender might be more complicated than we assume? WHAT A FUCKING DEGENERATE IDIOT LAWL, LOOK AT OUR SCIENCE THAT IS BASED ENTIRELY ON LOOKING AT SOMEONE NAKED, PROOF YOUR WRONG"

You mean to tell me white people aren't as educated as we think we arel? I'm shocked what the hell
>>
>>5973703
That's even more retarded than I thought it would be but if a Jew wanted to eat my dick and get rid of my dysphoria I'd probably let him. He wouldn't even have to pay me desu
>>
>>5973709
Why don't you hit yourself with a stick while whining about being white? goddamn cuck.
As I realised while reading your...text, the sex of our species is female and male. The main difference being DNA and ofcourse primary reproductive organs. Gender as you like to think about it is really just some bullshit; made up by otherwise unrelevant commies.
That's why you not only believe in this strange shit but your cultural marxism aswell.
What I want to say is that our species is simply devided in male and female, those differences are very clear. The 99% of cases are right, not your 1%.
Thus you can finaly settle down your not to active mind and realise that it realy isn't that hard.
Also please stop with your racism, arguments are supposed to be based on facts.
There is no Transidentety, there simply are transsexuals; what you are talking about is maybe right in your sense of gender, but as that aswell as previous genders are complete bullshit, since there is only male and female (SEX) that's horseshit. Trans is not a identety, you identify as male or female hence you are trans.
Fucking cuck
>>
>>5973727
Your writing and spelling makes you come across as an angry mongoloid.

Your "identity" being male or female is horseshit. Everyone's brain is different, while the suppossed major chemical differences between men and women are negligible. Denying that makes you seem like a sexist idiot

You're confusing sex with identity only because you're the cuck here, blindly following society and their expectations of you because of what your crotch looks like. If people were encouraged more to freely express themselves you'd see a lot more trannies coming out of the woodworks (oh hey, exactly what's happening.)
>>
File: 1443554599946.png (254 KB, 959x714) Image search: [Google]
1443554599946.png
254 KB, 959x714
>>5973737
your identety is based on your biology and your socialization. Basically beeing male or female is bassed on your brains architecture.
Don't know why you are talking about chemicals. They make a huge difference btw (testosteron vs estrogen) If you don't think so there is no reason for anybody to start HRT, right?
Also our brains arent too different, as we are the same species. Just like an arm, everybodys is different but not too much.
>sorry for all those speeling mistakes but I haven't sleept in a while

fucking cuck
>>
>>5973759
You're kinda agreeing with me though. Your identity is shaped by society, which projects an identity onto you based on your biology. Step out of line from what's expected of you and you get ridicule, so you learn the hard way to act "normal".

How can you be so sure what's considered normal by society is actually normal for you though. You're living in accordance to a form impossed on you, not to your nature.

I'd argue the architecture of our brains don't really influence who we are, really. More likely this is a matter of philosophy/psychology. But I ask you; if you live your life, knowing who you are only by how others define you, how can you really truly know yourself.
>>
>>5973817
you see, feelings are unimportant; facts matter.
What you do is puttin the car infront of the horse.
Your biology and you parental raising is the ground foundation for your personallity. Only after those years society can influence you and the important years are allready mostly over by then.
You sound like a extremely weak willed person.
>Your identity is shaped by society
>which projects an identity onto you
> Step out of line from what's expected of you and you get ridicule
Do you have no such thing as autonomy?
But even then it is the wrong way around.
You get a feedback by society based upon you. It's not that you get a input by society and that's how you become a tranny.
ofcourse socialization is a determining factor, especially in extreme cases.
I hope you get this, basically you go chickens->eggs, while it is eggs->chicken.

>this is a matter of philosophy/psychology
just what are they possibly influenced by aswell? You have your opinon, others have facts. Believe me there are times you aren't in the right. choosing the special muh individual route isn't allways the right thing. Try to express yourself in other ways than mah 9000genders.

>But I ask you; if you live your life, knowing who you are only by how others define you, how can you really truly know yourself.

Pseudo-intellectual BS please don't.
You are you because your are you.
Not because other define you, can't you see how that very sentence is not in line with your whole argument about forming a personality?

>How can you be so sure what's considered normal by society is actually normal for you though
It's called biology. The way our species works is the right way, as it is the only objective functional and resonable way.
> You're living in accordance to a form impossed on you, not to your nature.

>form impossed on you != your nature
W0t m8?
>>
>>5970276
I thought I was trans for some time, too. But but the idea of being a woman seemed as wrong to me as being a man.

>I want an androgynous body so bad. I want to dress and act androgynously, but I don't have the money for the clothes unfortunately and behaving the way I would want to would confuse or even scare people away from me because they just wouldn't understand.
I feel ya. I wish I had an androgynous body. I dislike my shoulders, my adam's apple and my square jaw so bad.. I've got a few women's clothes, but I don't wear them out of home, out of fear of judgement. I'm afraid they'd think I'm completely out of it, yet I am certain I have given these issues a lot more thought than they have. Weirdly enough, I don't mind my junk that much, though I wish it was smaller.
>>
>>5973874
>It's called biology. The way our species works is the right way, as it is the only objective functional and resonable way.

Lol that's a laff m8, so our society that's run by shit people and has countless vulnerable people put at risk daily, plus sexism and racism, is as efficient and reasonable as it could be? And no-one's feelings should matter in our society because they're unimportant?

Facts become facts when they're verified, facts also change when new information is presented to remain factual. Gender/biological sex is like the oldest fact in the big book of Bill Nye, its been defined in a rigid way since we were cavemen shitting on each other. You're just incredibly shortsighted and refuse to see any line of thinking that doesn't let you fall back on your "trans people have the wrong bits so they're not really *****!!!!" argument
>>
>>5973915
you most propably don't want any of that, otherwise you would do it. Most probably you simply want something, something to be different.
If that's not the case, simply dress however you want and behave the way NATURAL for you. don't give it an act. The reason why you think some behavior might have a negative feedback might be due to it not beeing appropriate.
>>5970276
talking about pronouns...
>>5973933
your feelings shouldn't matter in an arguement as their are a thing of reason.
our societies work great just look how well feed we are and how cozy we are. Please don't take 3rd world countries into this.
there is not this sexism, racism and shit world you think there is; that is SJW propaganda.

>Facts become facts when they're verified, facts also change when new information is presented to remain factual.
makes sense. But it is nice how you use this peace of sense to verify your shit you are about to spourt.
Just how could it be that sex has nexer been changed? since allways lions have female and male, apes are the same and well humans too have females and males in order to reproduce. There is nothing to change there, as that is fact.

>trans people have the wrong bits so they're not really *****!!!!" argument

you clearly either don't read the points I make or are incapable of understanding them.
I will make it clear for you, althought you won't understand it, the sjw cuck that you are.

I am defeining peoples sex based on their brain. The very urge that makes a transwoman want to be a woman, verifies for me their gender. You see that I never talked about people beeing defiened primarly by a benis.
Thus I would love you to make a real argument, tell me whether you finally understood.
Pleas stop the SJW stuff, that's the worst shit for your brain (I'm talking from experience) and stop beeing such a cuck.
>>
>>5973982
>Ignores the plethora of species with no gender/more than 2 genders
Don't complain about something being unnatural if you're going to drag the animal kingdom into it

>Aliens with 5 genders invade us
"S-so which one of you has the benis and which has the vajiggle"
>>
>>5974022
WE ARENT BACTERIA you fkn cuck, we are a very simple sexual dimorph species.
>Aliens with 5 genders invade us
You even have to make up, don't you realise what bullshit you talk. The only reason for us to have two sexes is to make our genes more individual in order to aid evolution and fight illnesses.
We aren't bacteria and there is no species with 5 sexes. Stop you SJW bullshit, please.
If there was an alien species there would be no reason for 5sexes, and if there would be 5sexes that would be a different species. YOU ARE A HUMAN, sorry to break it to you but you aren't a helicopter nor an alien nor bacteria
>>
>>5973982
>you most probably don't want any of that, otherwise you would do it. Most probably you simply want something, something to be different.
I want something to be different, yes. I took me a lot of self-reflection, over years, to start getting a glimpse of what I want. Who are you to tell me what I want and what I don't want?

>If that's not the case, simply dress however you want and behave the way NATURAL for you. don't give it an act.
I'm taking steps to deconstruct my act, but it's hard. I find myself trying to act overly masculine, I pretend to enjoy things that I don't really like just because it's the norm. I became detached from my emotions. I kept myself from enjoying things I want to enjoy because it's things 'men shouldn't enjoy', things that are 'reserved' to females, in our society. This caused me and is still causing me a lot of mental discomfort, a lot of fear, doubt and self-consciousness.

>The reason why you think some behavior might have a negative feedback might be due to it not being appropriate.
Who decides on what's appropriate? Should women be allowed to wear pants? Those are for men! Is it appropriate for men to be in touch with their feminine side?
>>
>>5974070
>Who are you to tell me what I want and what I don't want
calm down, twinky. you post on a online ramen-chart board. learn to distinguish, I simply told you what I think is likely, I wasn't about to rape your mother.

>I'm taking steps to deconstruct my act
Just do what you want to do, don't act like you have PTSD or shit. It's not as hard as you make it sound, ofcourse wearing stuff like nail polish in public isn't easy but maybe you don't even have to do that.
>Who decides on what's appropriate
If you for example hurt other people physically you get shamed for it, that is simple public consent because we need it. Don't start with bullshit exampels only to try hard and be offended. It's simple stuff like walking around in diappers and shitting yourself isn't appropriate.

Please don't try so hard to be offenced
>>
>>5974099
But I'm not offended?
I don't have PTSD, I don't have to sleep in the tub to feel safe. It is, however, pretty hard to go through, yes. It goes against what I've been told and shown all my life. Simply because it's not the hardest thing to go through does not mean it's not hard at all.
I'm also not talking about wearing a diaper and shitting myself. I'm not talking about hurting others.
>>
>>5974133
Just ignore the angry anon. He really wants to be identity police, that's his retarded gender and we should respect him
>>
>>5974133
How old are you, you basically understood nuffin of wad I sad hun?
I said that your behavior can be inappropriate as it might be harmfull to others, thus it would be repelled.
>>5974022
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_dimorphism
hear another you
>>5974147
nope, you simply life in a world where everybody is different and magically individual solely based on their gender.
You don't see the harm to people beeing shreed to peaces because they think there is stuff like agender, genderfluid, nu-male
all the while we have evidence for stuff that is really going on, and would provide people with a facts. Due to those facts they would be much happier.
your gender identety is simply not something you pick like a starter pokemon, sorry.
>>
>>5974147
I wont ignore him, whatever his tone. I'm not here to hear myself talk.

I used to feel like this whole gender issue was bullshit and mental illness, but that was just a preconceived opinion. Mixed with denial, probably.
>>
>>5974170
no it was normal human caution. Quite healthy if you ask me, and very reasonable regarding this sites content.
Just please lisen to this rational voice in your head anon, you aren't lost yet.
>>
File: tumblr_nqn0537RGB1sg9z5bo1_1280.jpg (157 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqn0537RGB1sg9z5bo1_1280.jpg
157 KB, 960x960
>>5974163
What makes you think the things I'm afraid to do would hurt others? It may clash with their vision of genders, but that'd be a good thing in my opinion.
>>
>>5974188
I didn't say this. Look if you take a variable like x and put it between 0 and 5, it is not allways 5.
The same is with your behavior, it is okay untill it hits this limit. How can you not understand that all I am saying is that you can do what ever you want and nobody will mind, really; even the strangest stuff. But there are things you simply cant do
>>
>>5974180
Quite healthy? On the contrary.
But it's too late now, I'm already lost.
>>5974210
What limit? Where's the line?
People really don't mind? No one will ever call me any name? Or stare me down?
What are the things I can and can't do?
>>
>>5974241
if you can answer the question:
>What can I do, and which consequences will it have?
you should seek out a doctor. I allready explained it severall times.
>>5974188
>>5974163
>>5974099
>>
File: tumblr_o3wbie2gE81sg9z5bo1_1280.jpg (761 KB, 1280x1746) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3wbie2gE81sg9z5bo1_1280.jpg
761 KB, 1280x1746
>>5974250
No need to be condescending.
I know very well that the things I wish I had the guts to do would not hurt anyone. I'm not afraid I'd stab someone, I'm just afraid of being judged.
>>
>>5971293
I'm sure the desire to be literally anything but a woman has nothing to do with people chanting "hurr durr aren t wimminz dumb lol"

Just kidding, you're actually part of the problem. Grow up.
>>
I don't know if the term would fit me but I don't feel strongly associated with being female but I don't exactly flip my shit when people refer to me as one because I look and dress like one
>>
>>5968442
>bing or yahoo
u real mate?
>>
>>5974994
that's literally what being cis is.
>>
>>5974133
>>5974188
>>5974371
Proving once again that the preferred gender is skinny, white and pretty.
>>
>>5976798
I mostly like that he's not trying to pass as a woman.
>>
honestly, sometimes think that it's not that "new trends" are forming, just that there are new words to describe how people feel. like, i've always felt sort of off about my sex to gender thing, even when i was little, but something about the word just helps describe me better. even if the word "agender" didnt exist, i would still feel that way. i think the new terms in general aren't a fad, they just help describe something that was already there. i dunno, maybe it's just me
>>
>>5977222
Yeah I think that it's just that more people are chirping in since it's getting more and more accepted.
>>
>>5972785
THIS. There ARE decent arguments to be made against weird genders, but "X believes something that's clearly false, therefore everything X believes is false" is pretty much never a good argument.

>>5973727
>The 99% of cases are right, not your 1%.
Incorrect. If even 1% of cases fail to conform to your theory, it's not a good theory. At best it's an approximation.

>>5973874
>>Your identity is shaped by society
>which projects an identity onto you
> Step out of line from what's expected of you and you get ridicule
Do you have no such thing as autonomy?
This reasoning is fallacious. The existence of free will doesn't mean social norms don't effect us. It's not that "society says I can't do this, so I won't", it's more that society shapes our most basic values that are the starting point for all reasoning. We can't reason from nothing, we need the starting point that social norms/upbringing provides.
>>
>>5973982
>our societies work great just look how well feed we are and how cozy we are
There are plenty of people who aren't well fed though. Ignoring the third world is unscientific, it's that circular reasoning that "my theory fits all experimental data as long as you ignore all data that doesn't support the theory". And besides, if anything those third world countries where people are starving have _MORE_ sexism and racism than the west, which would imply that sexism and racism cause poverty. And, pretty much every society has those who say "things are great, our society works fine". But there are also those who say the opposite, like those even in America who live on the streets and haven't been able to find a steady job for years. And the same was true in medieval and ancient times - some said society was good enough, others were suffering and said society had to change. What this all means is that you need to take an external perspective - in any society, there are those who suffer, but in objective or semi-objective terms (life expectancy, disease and crime rates, GDP per capita, etc), which society is better? And so just because you think things are "good enough" now, doesn't mean they're as good as they can get. A healthy society is an evolving society; no society yet has been perfect, there's room for improvement, so we should be constantly evaluating _HOW_ we can improve society.

>>5974048
>very simple sexual dimorph species
Human sexual dimorphism is not "very simple" at all. The number of people who take the simplified version as objective fact is a testament to its complexity. It really is too complex for the average person to understand, at least the way we educate people today.
>>
>>5974994
>>5975728
Are you AFAB? Sounds like "cis-indifferent", which while still technically cis is different from "normal" cis people insofar as most cis people do have some attachment to their gender. In practical terms, you're cis (since you have no dysphoria or desire for transition) but in abstract terms of identity, you're technically agender.
>>
>>5977587
>ncorrect. If even 1% of cases
Wrong, the way our species works is not a theory but a fact. the way it is in 99.9% (male and female) is not a theory.
>This reasoning is fallacious. T
our starting point is our genes and the way our parents raise us, while society has no influence on us. that's why the first 6yrs are oh so important.
>There are plenty of people who aren't well fed though. Ignoring the third world is unscie
complete bullshit, we live in out modern times. Our society works due to politics and working free markets. The reason why those 3rd world countries don't evolve is simply because the aren't able to adapt a free market, even if we help them.
>Human sexual dimorphism is not "very simple
it's not to complex. it's very basic. All those 1% exceptions are simply that, exceptions. The special snowflake is not what determines sexual dimorphism of our species.

>>5976798
>skinny, white and pretty
>gender
WHaat?
>>
it's just girls doing shit for attention

kind of like how a few years ago these girls would of been going through a 'bisexual' phase instead

as usual, just girls attentionwhoring
>>
>>5978098
>Wrong, the way our species works is not a theory but a fact. the way it is in 99.9% (male and female) is not a theory.
If something happens only 99.9999999999999999999999999% of the time, it's not a "fact", only an approximation. The "reality" must include the whole picture, even things that happen only rarely.

>our starting point is our genes and the way our parents raise us, while society has no influence on us. that's why the first 6yrs are oh so important.
By 6 years, there's definitely time for social influence to occur. You even outright mention parents, do you think that doesn't count as socialization?

>The reason why those 3rd world countries don't evolve is simply because the aren't able to adapt a free market, even if we help them.
And why aren't they able to adapt, in your mind? I've heard from economists is that there is no real economic incentive for them to industrialize, because they wouldn't be able to compete with the west for years, if not decades. Sure, in the long term it's better to invest in development, but in the short term they'd be losing massive amounts of money, and no one's going to want to invest in a company that's losing money. So there's really no way to keep going, any attempt at industrialization will run out of steam unless artificially sustained by external forces. So what happens is that these countries are stuck being providers of raw materials, which although not very profitable are at least bringing in SOME money. This actually IS adapting to a free market, because providing raw materials is the only function they can serve in such a market.

>it's not to complex. it's very basic. All those 1% exceptions are simply that, exceptions. The special snowflake is not what determines sexual dimorphism of our species.
The exceptions are not some special case that somehow doesn't "count". The binary XX/XY gender model is a simplification that covers MOST, but not ALL cases.
>>
>>5978180
>If something happens only 99.9999999999999999999999999% of the time, it's not a "fact", only an approximation. The "reality" must include the whole picture, even things that happen only rarely.

get it throught your thigh skull. our species has 2 genders in order to randomize the genes that are passed down. You are not a helicopter and it is not part of our sexual dimorphism.
You need to understand what reality is, you simply lack that completely. Go talk to real people, don't surf tumblr, it's only going to make you suffer.
>By 6 years, there's definitely time for social influence to occur. You even outright mention parents, do you think that doesn't count as socialization?

pleas learn something about raising...
sex and beeing mtf or ftm is a simple thing of your brain. it is not influenced by any socialization, the opinion of transition might very well be. However stuff like beeing a special snowflake is not, it's simply people trying to be special. Just look at them...

>And why aren't they able to adapt, in your mind?
>in your mind?
see it's about facts, not about what we think.
aftica, consisting of many countries has allways had a lack of invention, as well as markets. They aren't poor because we make them poor, they have this little bit more than beeing apes shiting in the woods, thanks to us.
The problem is that they aren't interested in a working politic system or market. Maybe they slowly become, but now mostly they arent.
they have more than a global market in exchange with other counrties. There is a market within those countries and they allready don't work, no matter what we do. They would have more than their raw materials, if they invented something, if they were capable of doing more. But they simply don't.

>The binary XX/XY gender model is a simplification that covers MOST, but not ALL cases.
it's not a binary gender model
it's litterally how our species works
>>
I know I'm agender because

> really don't like my secondary sexual characteristics (facial and body hair, adam's apple, pecs)
> not particularly enamored with the idea of waking up and having breasts, wider hips, and a vagina
> feel alienated in all single-gender social spaces, both male and female, but socialize completely fine otherwise
> felt drawn as a child to ungendered personalities in the media (Brave Little Toaster, Quina Quen, Piglet)
> gender euphoria when referred to with "they"

I don't think anyone can make a solid case that I'm cis male or that I'm MtF.

For the record, so far as transitioning goes, I have spiro on its way to me in the mail right now and plan on taking a relatively low daily dose of it; I didn't order estrogen and don't plan on it.
>>
>>5978497
Care to elaborate on the spiro thing?
Thanks!
>>
>>5969718

ADHD is no joke :(

t. 2 Concertas per day to function
>>
Metaphorically, I want to be a plain glass of filtered, room temperature water.

My hobbies don't mean anything, they're just activities I do for fun and socialization. My clothes don't mean anything, they just keep me warm and legally covered. My body parts and overall shape don't mean anything, they're just the result of my being a human being.

Putting me in a room full of only men or only women makes me feel awful. Mixed company or none at all.

I've been questioning "why does X have to be X" since preschool, back in the late 1980s. I'm 30. No one can tell me I'm a Tumblr-fooled teenager who can't critically think, debate, or defend for shit.

I came to my conclusions years before I ever read "agender" as applied to human identity.

If I can do it (as much as it's a thing to be "done"), any of you can, too.
>>
>>5978811
this, I knew I was agender in elementary school (1995 or so), before I had ever heard of the word, and certainly before tumblr existed. even before I knew that trans people existed
When I heard what "agender" was, of course I took that label. I didn't take it because I wanted to feel speshul, I took it because it describes how I felt about myself all along
but clearly we are afab teenage girls that found a new trend for attention on tumblr, right
>>
>>5968426
Its women who don't fit a completely feminine role and its a way for them to not feel bad about being the ideal feminine bueaty theres to much pressure on women so instead of just being a woman who doesn't fit the status quo they choose to identify as something else
>>
>>5984103
Except I'm AMAB, asshole.
>>
This entire thread is just more evidence of the "gentle nihilism" of liberalism in the West.

You hedonistic, aimless, valueless degenerates ought to be ashamed of your contribution to the destruction of the fabric of Western society.
>>
>>5987185
ooh, a dude snowflake? neato.
>>
>>5978811
>>5984057
Christ this is what being cis is, you dumb fucks.
>>
>>5970298
/thread
>>
Guys, nobody has invalidated the experience of >>5978497 yet. Get on it.
>>
the reason for the sudden popularity could be that as western culture has evolved gender is less and less important to more and more people. The reason that it is normally female born agender people that you are knowing about is because masculinity is still more important to men typically than femininity is to women. personally I think its a good thing that people who don't want to comply with their gender role don't have to, but it is a problem that it is overwhelmingly female born people transitioning into agender, because this means that there is more likely than not a lot of men who want to be agender but cannot for whatever reason
>>
>>5988456
I think that another big reason people are so quick to dismiss agender people is because of the old sexist stereotype of "anything that teenage girls do is silly and for attention" so if they see a large number of teenage afabs doing it (or even a few being loud about it), they just think it's one of those "dumb attentionwhoring teenage girl trends" no matter how many amabs identify that way, or adults that identified that way before tumblr was a thing
>>
>>5995031
You're one miserable person. I feel sorry for you.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.