[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gender Reassignment Surgery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: 1400859413346.jpg (80 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1400859413346.jpg
80 KB, 500x667
Is gender reassignment surgery life-threatening? Is it dangerous? What is the success rate? Does it work for the majority of people that get it?
>>
>>5966996
For a major surgery, its rather tame. Its really only the results that vary
>>
>>5967105
What do you mean by the results varying?
>>
>>5967113
have you seen an axe wound?
>>
>>5967122
Not really...
>>
>>5967140
Well success rate is near 100% but success is loosely defined as patient made it out alive with a hole in their crotch. Now you get down to the nitty gritty: 50% chance you end up with a vagina akin to an axe wound that's badly healed over, 40% chance that you end up with something that resembles a vagina which to anyone who has googled what a vagina looks like will know that there is something is up, and finally that 10% which looks like an average vagina on the surface. I love playing odds.
>>
>>5967204
So what do you do if you're part of the 90%?

Likewise what if you're a FtM and getting a penis instead of a vagina?
>>
>>5967215
Well if you are part of that 90% you're stuck, just accept it and move on. Be happy you no longer have to tuck it in and up the ass isn't the only option. You still have to maintain it and lube it up before sex, it's only superficial.

As for female to male... You basically get a salami covered in grafted skin. It doesn't feel pleasure and sometimes hair grows back on that grafted skin.
>>
>>5967259
How do FtM persons "get off" if the extension doesn't feel pleasure?

Mentally, I can see how it'd help, since you have a piece of meat now in that spot. But I mean physically, stimulation, etc.
>>
>>5967274
you kinda don't. The clitoris isn't there, nor are the nerve endings. It's there to satisfy their need to pee standing up and to 'fuck' their partner.
>>
>>5967293
That sounds like it'd be frustrating, do you think the satisfaction of satisfying those needs is more rewarding than sexual stimulation?
>>
>>5967340
I couldn't tell you what goes on in their minds or what they feel. It's mostly psychological, they feel empowered and dominant.
>>
>>5967215
>So what do you do if you're part of the 90%?

You kill yourself like nigh 70% of the demographic.
Trans life is not a fun one.
>>
>>5967414
Stop exaggerating. Attempts are high but not that high and not many go through with it in the end.
>>
>>5967419
Even people who don't go through with it aren't really living, and pretending otherwise is just foolish.
You got a person whose only chance at a semblance of happiness isn't something modern medicine has found an answer to yet.

The only endings possible are either death, or decades of grey life asking themselves if the suffering is ever going to end.
>>
>>5967274
> How do FtM persons "get off" if the extension doesn't feel pleasure?

They do. The anon you've been talking to is horribly misinformed.

The clitoral nerve endings are OF COURSE still there. Why the fuck would they remove them. Modern RFF and ALT phalloplasty hooks them up to the major nerves from the donor site and the vast majority of people (upwards of 90%) eventually regain both tactile and erotic sensation in the neophallus. In all the studies I've read, 95-100% of phalloplasty patients DO retain the ability to orgasm post-op. It sometimes takes up to a year for the nerves to regrow but they DO regrow and people CAN orgasm; they just can't ejaculate.
>>
>>5967448
riiiiiiight.
>>
>>5967448
The skin on the penis and foreskin is much more sensitive than the skin grafted onto the neophallus. The clitoris is only so big and can only provide limited sensation. Yeah they can reach orgasm but it's the quality of the orgasm that matters.
>>
>>5967429
So how long will it take until modern medicine HAS found an answer?

What can be done to make results better?
>>
>>5967507

We can't know until it happens.
Although, realistically, trans people are doomed to lead crippled lives devoid of any happiness until we reach sci-fi levels of body manipulation.

So anyone old enough to be able to read this right now is already too far gone to have any hope anyway.
>>
>>5967513
Are you yourself trans?
>>
>>5967522
Yeah.
Already adult MtF, the worst kind of trans there can be.
>>
>>5967524
Have you gone through reassignment surgery?

You seem kind of sad, is it because you want to but can't afford it/haven't yet?

Or something else?
>>
>>5967452

Except I have actual evidence to back up my claims. So, you know, keep on keepin' on or whatever.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/7408670_Sexual_and_Physical_Health_After_Sex_Reassignment_Surgery
http://tau.amegroups.com/article/view/3748/4674
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3312187/
http://journals.lww.com/plasreconsurg/Abstract/2009/08000/Penile_Reconstruction__Is_the_Radial_Forearm_Flap.22.aspx

These are just the ones I know of off the top of my head, feel free to browse these archives for more:
http://www.phallo.net/resources/articles/

>>5967471
>"yeah but they can't have orgasms!!"
>"yes they can"
>"uhhh well they're bad orgasms!!"

Lel. Who are you to judge the quality of someone else's orgasm and how much satisfaction they get from them? Like who died and appointed you chair of the orgasm satisfaction board? lmao. Anyway lots of these studies include questions on sex life satisfaction, and phalloplasty patients actually consistently report higher general surgical satisfaction rates and sex life satisfaction rates than vaginoplasty patients.
>>
>>5967534
Are you a trans person as well? MtF or FtM? Have you gotten surgery yet or are you pre-op currently?
>>
>>5967533
The sad thing is that I can afford anything.
But we have no surgery that will correct broad ribcages, narrow hipbones, excessively big faces, and an interminable list of other adjustments for which surgery is either non-existent or still rudimentary.

Genetics are everything, and even being filthy rich only makes me sadder in how it helps me in no way.
>>
>>5967542
I'm FTM. I've had a mastectomy but no genital surgery yet. Hopefully within the next couple of years. Obviously, I've been doing some research beforehand.
>>
>>5967552
LMAO she fell for the salami meme!
>>
>>5967543
Pls use your money to surgery me

All I want is chin and brow ffs and vfs, pls senpai
>>
>>5967534
>phalloplasty patients actually consistently report higher general surgical satisfaction rates and sex life satisfaction rates than vaginoplasty patients.

Come on, hon. It's not a competition. But you're going to have to source me on that, the satisfaction for vaginoplasty are extremely high. So if phallo has higher satisfaction as you claim the increase can't be that different going from like 99% to 99.1%.
>>
>>5967204
any citations for that or do you get your knowledge from the very low number of samples that cycles through the internet?
>>
>>5967204
Who's butt did you pull these statistics out of?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.