[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the purpose of gender if it doesn't tell us someone's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: freezegender.png (38 KB, 503x424) Image search: [Google]
freezegender.png
38 KB, 503x424
What is the purpose of gender if it doesn't tell us someone's reproductive function or sexual preference?
>>
>>5963813
Gender was invented as a means to opress trans people.
>>
>>5963829
Then don't they kind of buy into it by dressing like girls?
>>
>>5963835
No. They are challenging it. They were tild they couldn't dress like girls
>>
>>5963813
It never did. Plenty of people have always been running around calling themselves men or women when they're infertile and/or intersex.
How about from now on, if you aren't a fertile straight person, you don't call yourself a man or a woman, since that's misleading. You can be a neuter or something instead, but stop lying about being female or male. If you don't produce viable eggs, you aren't female and if you don't produce viable sperm, you aren't male.
>>
>>5963846
If sex and gender are separate concepts then they aren't challenging it. They're going along with the gender role for females. They are only challenging something if gender and sex are the same thing. Do you see what I mean?

If I say I'm freezegender, for example, like in the picture, what is it actually telling anyone? What does "having a cold and snowy gender" mean?
>>
>>5963869
Yes, but you are wrong.
>>
>>5963813
How can gender/sex tell you someone's sexual preference?

Gender/sex certainly tells someone's reproductive function, I am there with you, but sexual preference? What the fuck? Are you retarded, dude.
>>
>>5963873
>Yes, but you are wrong.
?
>>5963889
I didn't suggest it could tell you someone's sexual preference. I was using it as context of other words which tell you something about a person's sexual function. Eg "gay," "straight". These words fulfil a purpose. "Gender" does not in the context of my OP image.
>>
>>5963901
mogai-archive is a troll blog though.
>>
>>5963901
the "genders" in OP image tell you a little about how the person perceives themself and in the context of man/woman it tells you how the person wants to be adressed.
>>
>>5963922
Sauce? It's still cited on the whole wiki. Does that mean nonbinary is a troll wiki as well?

I followed the links to lots of different tumblr accounts, so I was reasonably convinced that it was either legit, or a very large amount of time had been spent formulating a ruse.

>the "genders" in OP image tell you a little about how the person perceives themself

But it doesn't. Seriously, what is "experiencing a snowy gender"? What is a snowy gender like? Can it be observed?

Yes, it does tell me about how the person wants to be addressed, true. But "a rose by any other name"- why are they requiring an entirely different set of pronouns for something that can't be explained and makes no sense?

I am legit confused as to what happens when a freezegirl experiences a cold and snowy gender.
>>
>>5963977
sorry meant to reply to >>5963928
>>
>>5963977
oh i don't know what a snowy gender is and i doubt it exists. a person being "cold" or "harsh" are very common descriptions though and i hope i don't have to explain that to you?
>Can it be observed?
are you autistic?
>>
>>5964018
>oh i don't know what a snowy gender is and i doubt it exists

Fair enough, so it's nothing. That's all I was really looking for, just testing to see if anyone could actually justify what such a thing is.
>>
File: Laughing Goku.jpg (35 KB, 552x504) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Goku.jpg
35 KB, 552x504
>>5963813
>he unintentionally made a special little snowflake flag
>>
>>5963813
>frostgender
/lgbt/ will unironically defend this
>>
Why does gender have to have a purpose? It's just something that is.
>>
File: top kek.jpg (13 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
top kek.jpg
13 KB, 500x332
>>5964140
Great job on his/her part.
>>
>>5964140
>unintentionally
>>
>>5964928
I would unironically defend someone who legitimately identifies as an attack helicopter.

I really don't understand why some people find it so hard to be respectful to all human beings. Don't they realize that if everyone did that then nobody would be disrespectful to them?
>>
>>5963813
am i the only one who finds made up tumblr genders like these kinda endearing and cute?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.