[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
naming your children
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1457924911249.jpg (39 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
1457924911249.jpg
39 KB, 850x400
Is it ok to name your kid after someone you loved? I want to name my son who's due in a couple months after the first and only guy i ever loved. I haven't discussed this particular name with my fiance yet, but if i do throw it up i will tell her why im choosing that name because it'd be a dick move if i kept that from her. I mean people name children after musicians, artists, poets, writers etc and im sure they do this too but as a bi guy naming his son after a former flame is it strange?

I loved this guy when i was about 18, that relationship was one of the most amazing experiences in my life, it was also one of the most painful, but i learned so much about myself and i am forever grateful for it. I want to name my son after him because when my fiance first told me she was preggers i got the same overwhelming sense of love and happiness i had not experienced in a long time, i felt a wall of light wash over me, a feeling akin to what i felt with my first and only gay love experience, its like my son will be another guy in my life that will teach me so much about myself and the responsibility that lies on my shoulders now is something im cherishing, i never felt so alive knowing i am to raise a little guy into an adult, with all the trials and tribulations that come with it, one long and arduous road ahead, but so rewarding. Just like my first gay love.

Thoughts?
>>
>>5955960
I'd pitch the name first without explaining, maybe she'll like it or could like it.
>>
i don't think it's that big a deal, as long as it's not some ghetto ass name like barackisha
>>
>>5955960
But how would your son react when he finds out he's named after the dude his dad wanted to shag?
>>
>>5956067
you don't have to tell him
>>
>>5956079
True, but usually people like to know.
>>
Do you want to be reminded of that guy every time your kid is near though? If I ever have a kid I wanted to name it after the first person i loved but now that I think about it I don't know if I'd want to associate my kid with them, especially if I ever see that person I liked again.
>>
>>5955960
What happened that pushed you two away if I may ask?
>>
>>5956067
By that time it's the Future and he might not care. Especially if OP and his fiancée aren't the types to pretend their past relationships never happened.

OP, I think your motivation and reasoning is good. I would be happy if I were named like that.

Were I you I would pitch just the name first and if she liked it I would follow with the story. Depending on how well you communicate that could go a number of ways, but I think it's important to be frank about emotional ties. If she doesn't like it then don't hang on to that name too tight. But do hang on to that light and the love and see where it takes you.

Good luck, OP. I'm happy for you.
>>
>>5955991
I have a feeling she would like it based on the current pool of names we have. Im just unsure of how she'd react to the explanation behind choosing that name.
>>5956049
Lol he wasnt black so its fine
>>5956067
He wouldn't be named after someone i wanted to shag, but someone i had a loving relationship with.
>>5956143
I dont see that person anymore, and i havent seen him since the relationship ended because ive moved to Australia since. And my son is my son, he isnt my ex, naming him after my ex is something of a tribute to him but it isnt a means to keep my ex close but rather a remembrance of what that relationship meant to me and how it bettered my life. Thats how im approaching it, and if my son ever asked, id explain that way.
>>5956187
I wasn't such a good boyfriend and he left me, thats the gist of it. And i became a better person afterwards but it was too late to get him back in my life.
>>5956220
Thanks for the encouragement, i really feel like if im able to articulate this properly to her then she would see this isnt so much about my ex but about how my life is going to change so beautifully with our sons arrival.
>>
>>5956256
>He wouldn't be named after someone i wanted to shag, but someone i had a loving relationship with.
So you guys didn't fuck then or what?
>>
>>5955960
you don't need to tell her, that's totally fine. people name kids all kinds of stupid shit. it's way better than an online list or just because it sounds cool. and you don't owe her an explanation if she'd get pissed off at you about it.
>>
Weird desu
>>
>breeding
Don't do that
>>
You gonna fuck your son? No. So don't name him after someone you've fucked
>>
File: i2xPLy2.webm (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
i2xPLy2.webm
1 MB, 320x240
LMAO BISEXUAL scum need to lie to their own fucking children, they are creating their life to be a lie LMAO
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.