[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
gay history
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 202x250) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 202x250
Hi guys. Gay guy in a gay history class. Anyone know any good gay ppl or events that would be good to write a research paper on?
I kinda don't want to do what I've learned in class and branch off into something completely new.
All I need is a subject, paper isn't due until end of semester
>>
Shit, this is going to bug me now. My history lecturer mentioned in passing about a prince or other kind of royal running away from the pressures of nobility with his dubiously platonic best bro. Apparently this dude got caught, taken home and had to watch his butt-buddy get executed.

I mean, the story might be bullshit. This lecturer was teetering on retirement and just never stopped talking. I might have a glance through my old notes to see if I took down any details.
>>
>>5955945
Harmodius and Aristogeiton.
A plot to kill a tyrant all because someone flirted with the wrong guy.
>>
>>5956115
Dammn that's intense! And very interesting!!!! Neato!
>>
Tesla
The Renaissance guys
Roman emperors
Greek whatevers
>>
>gay history classes
I hope you're not paying for your education.
>>
>>5955945
Uranian poets
>>
File: friendssnapshots7.jpg (77 KB, 400x653) Image search: [Google]
friendssnapshots7.jpg
77 KB, 400x653
I'd talk about how 19th century romantic "friends" shit. There's all these love letters between guys, photos of them on each others laps, just some super gay shit, and yet historians look back at it and think "ah yes, those straight manly friends sure did have great friendship"
>>
>>5956287

>Tesla
>Said the love between him and a pigeon was like the love between a man and woman.

>Gay

Sure, lad.
>>
I assume you can do speculated ones?

Achilles x Patroclus OTP
>>
>>5957073
>Uranian
ayyyyy
>>
>>5955945
You're in a gay history class and you can't think of a gay person in history to write a report on? Are you paying attention?
>>
>>5955945
Bayard Rustin
Caligula (maybe trans??)
Proust
William Aalto
Divine
>>
>>5955945
>gay history class

....?
>>
>>5955945
Gay history?
>>
>>5957676

>Caligula

Are you sure you don't mean his boy wife? Proto or something like that? Elagabalus is the only tranny emperor I know of.
>>
Alan Turing
>>
Lee Harvey Oswald
>>
>gay history
GAY HISTORY
HA
so fucking stupid.
>>
>>5957648
Doesn't seem like you do mate. I've said in the OP that I don't want to write anything about someone I've learned.
>>
>>5956063

Frederick the Great?
>>
>>5962026

Why not try telling us who you have covered in class?
>>
Andy Warhol would be pretty interesting.
>>
>>5963405
Yes. It was him.
>>
>>5958869
Oh wait what am I talking about, I meant Elagabalus like you said

But again, he might have been trans
>>
>>5956287
Leonardo da Vinci's inventions were mostly meant for prostate stimulation, but in blueprints disguised as war machines.
True story.
>>
>>5955945
I wrote one on Stonewall and looked at how influential it was in changing public opinion and legislation. While I was researching I found there was a major drop in approval of homosexuality that mirrored the AIDS epidemic. You could do something about how AIDS is part of what slowed the states advancement towards equal rights, and is why American lgb people are only now becoming more accepted.
>>
>>5955945
Laurance of Arabia's autobiography mentioned getting gang raped by a bunch of Arab soldiers but there's evidence saying it never happened and seemed to be a personal fantasy.
>>
>>5965211
they were turks. no one would every fantasize about that.
>>
>>5964818

So you're saying Caligula might have been trans too? What makes you say that?
>>
>>5965487
No, I'm just recalling that Elagabalus probably was... Elagabalus was like if you put /lgbt/ in charge of a country
>>
>>5955945
>gay
>history

i laffed.
>>
>>5955945

A L A N T U R I N G
>>
Walt Whitman
>>
>>5965516

Search penelope.uchicago.edu using Elagabalus as the search term. I don't think anyone on /lgbt/ could be so decadent.
>>
File: Casement a QT.jpg (14 KB, 220x296) Image search: [Google]
Casement a QT.jpg
14 KB, 220x296
>>5955945
Roger Casement, Irish Revolutionary. Though he was in the closet, (We know he's gay for sure due to his diaries, known as "the black diaries") he was a wonderful figure, and was involved in undercovering the horrors of the Belgian Kongo as well as in Peru for the British government, even knighted in 1911. He however was Irish and highly influenced by the failings of the home rule movement as well as Irish Republican, even going so far as to talk to the Germans during world war one and convince them to send arms for the 1916 easter rising. He was caught, sentenced, and hung on the third of august, 1916 - nearly exactly 100 years ago. A highly influential figure in Irish History.

Plus a total QT look at the handsome bastard holy shit I would totally a casement
>>
>>5970732
REMOVE IRISHMAN
>>
File: Hung like a horse.gif (4 KB, 515x320) Image search: [Google]
Hung like a horse.gif
4 KB, 515x320
>>5970732
The term is 'hanged'
>>
>>5955945
alexander the gr8
>>
>>5956063
It was Edward II and Piers Gaveston
>>5955945
The widespread homosexuality in Renaissance Florence and Savonarola's attempts to wipe it out (as part of the larger political/cultural picture) would make for a good paper. There is a good monograph by Michael Rocke: Forbidden Friendships: Homosexuality and Male Culture in Renaissance Florence
>>
File: aalto.jpg (76 KB, 510x295) Image search: [Google]
aalto.jpg
76 KB, 510x295
>>5955945
>>5957676
Really, William Aalto was a cool guy

He was a communist, and a member of the Abraham Lincoln brigades (American/mixed nationality units that fought for Republican Spain during the Spanish Civil War). He was a guerilla fighter and sabotage expert. When he came back to the US, he told some of his war buddies that he was gay, and they basically shunned him and cast him out of the Brigades' veteran's association. He was later assigned by OSS to teach guerilla/sabotage techniques to trainees at a training camp (this was a crappy assignment since the government knew he was gay and wanted to keep him away from real assignments). In training, some newb dropped a live grenade, which Aalto ran over to, grabbed, and tried to throw away, but it blew off his hand. After that he, he lived with some other gay poets and became an alcoholic... he fought with his boyfriend a lot, and then got leukemia, and his boyfriend refused to come see him on his deathbed because they had bad memories. ;____;

you should write your report about him

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Aalto
>>
>>5973338
Plus you can work in Game of Thrones for its obvious lifting of the Bonfire of the Vanities for the Sparrows/Faith Militant plotline
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.