[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this true?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: Mqra3Sn.webm (2 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
Mqra3Sn.webm
2 MB, 720x404
Do miscarriages and being born early have to do with future kids being trans?

My mother mentioned a miscarriage before me and I was also born early and im a tranny

Are there studies linked to this?
>>
>>5951590
The only one I've heard is the more older siblings you have the more likely you are to be gay apparently.
>>
>>5951595
Well I have 2 so that may explain
>>
I don't think you understood your mother. She was saying you are a miscarriage.
>>
File: tumblr_nhmtf8Qzc61u2rqnho1_500.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhmtf8Qzc61u2rqnho1_500.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>5951609
>>
>>5951590
My mother also had a miscarriage and I was a preemie. So maybe?
>>
>>5951590
My older brother was a prem baby, and I'm mtf so
BUMP
>>
>>5951590
I have no older siblings, only child. My mother had no miscarriages. But she did have a massive hormonal imbalance during pregnancy and experienced post natal depression afterward. I'd say that's why I ended up like I am. MtF.
>>
My mom's pregnancy was normal and I'm the firstborn. I'm FtM.
>>
OP, 1 in 3 women have a miscarriage. It's way, way, waaaaaay more common than anyone knows. My best friend had a miscarriage, and I found out four women in my family had miscarried before. And three of those went on to have multiple healthy kids.

There's all sorts of things about preemies that we're not sure of, though. Presumably your hormones could've been fucked up somehow. But hey, you weren't born with your heart outside your chest so that's a win in my book.
>>
>>5951590
You might have to ask a doctor that question. I don't know shit.
>>
>>5951590

I've only heard this on 4chan. Do you have a source for that? I want to ask if there was a miscarriage before me, but I already came out as trans, so my mother would probably know why I was asking.

I was full-term, but my mother's water broke the day of her baby shower since they were told I would be born in like a week, so she missed it.

>>5954683

This also makes sense.
>>
My mom had a couple miscarriages after me, and then another kid when she was pretty old. I don't think anything was especially abnormal, though.
>>
My mom had a miscarriage with a female child, miscarried at like 8mo or something almost to term, I was conceived within a 2mo time period from when that happened, and I was born early, and I'm MtF.
>>
>>5951590
>trans people come from fucked up wombs and births

WOW big surprise
>>
>>5951590
I was born in the middle of a war zone and I am trans. Then again, I'm pretty 100% of western Trans people weren't and they're still trans so I don't think the two have anything to do with each other. Correlation doesn't equal causation and all that.
>>
>>5955096
same here pretty much. and my younger brother was born late of all things
>>
>>5953074
Same and I'm trans. Huh.
>>
>>5955118
FTM or MTF? Also, Where were you born?
>>
>>5955165
MtF from Sarajevo, Bosnia - the only post WW2 war in Europe and the longest post WW2 siege I think anywhere in the world. My mom was dodging sniper fire while walking several kilometers for water every day while pregnant with me and eating whatever stale supplies NATO would drop. And one time sniper almost killed her in the kitchen, missing her by about 20 cm or so. Oh and my dad almost got blown up by a bomb, though that doesn't really matter.

I'm still physically healthy, aside from being trans. But there aren't very many other trans people here and everyone in my generation (plus generation before and after at least) was born in similar circumstances.
>>
>>5951590
My mum had me when she was 40 years old which is probably why I'm autistic
>>
>>5951590
My mom had 3 or 4 miscarriages before me and I'm not trans, but I am AGP and I thought I might be trans for a while. Plus I'm just an autist in general.
>>
You are a weirdo
>>
I was premature. Maybe there is something to this.
>>
>>5951609
top kek
>>
>>5951590
Idk. My mom had an abortion before me, so...
>>
>>5951590
Trans-ness is a result of biological processes fucking up cause they're not perfecto.

Miscarriages are a sign that a female has a bad record with 'successful' biological processes that occur in pregnancy.

So yes it contributes to it likely.
>>
>>5954683
this. 1/3 is extremely high compared to what people believe. Add to that most miscarriages are related to the embryo (genetic errors) and not the uterine environment

As for prematurity there are so many causes that investigating an (unlikely) causation would require sorting prematurities both by week and cause to find anything
>>
>>5955096
Same. When she told me (I was like 12) my first thought was "I was almost born a girl?!?!?" I'm MtF.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.