[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rupaul's Drag Race Season 8 Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: DRAGtop8.jpg (573 KB, 1862x882) Image search: [Google]
DRAGtop8.jpg
573 KB, 1862x882
How are you enjoying it so far?

Vote for your favorite season 8 queen
http://strawpoll.me/7013874/

previous thread >>5744585

>SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS
Acid Betty goes home on episode 5. Top 7 challenge is a wizard of oz themed makeover with the cast from little woman of LA
- Robbie as dorothy
- Kimchi as the wicked witch
- Bob as the good witch
- Naomi as the scarecrow
- Derrick as the tinman
- Chi Chi as the lion
- Thorgy as oz

leaked all stars cast:
- coco montrese (first to go)
- adore delano (storms out on the second episode)
the following are in no particular order:
- phi phi ohara
- tatianna (eliminated and then brought back)
- alyssa edwards
- ginger minj
4th place: roxxxy andrews
Detox, Katya and Alaska: top 3
>>
Links for Episode 4?
>>
File: 1438490753594.jpg (10 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
1438490753594.jpg
10 KB, 300x186
>>5935269
>leaked all stars cast
is this a joke? source?
>>
here you niggers:

http://vidbull.com/g8owg8k8vbfc.html
>>
>>5937750
based anon thanks for this
>>
>>5937750
>trying this hard to keep derrick in the competition

disgusting, worst everything since the first episode
>>
>>5937750
thanks

derek should have been gone by now honestly holy shit
>>
>>5937524
Alaska leaked everything to sharon since she was in top 3 and Sharon leaked that info. This all star cast is for the 13-20 year old demo that's why we got no porkchop or ongina
>>
>>5938596
it wasnt sharon. alaska got a new bf after sharon but they broke up pretty quickly. it was the new bf who leaked the info
>>
>>5937750

based

also, it's very clear at this point and time that Kimchi, Bob and Thorgy are going to make top 3
>>
>>5939559
>Thorgy
she's my favorite and as much as id like to believe that, I dont think so. Thorgy will be miss C. it will be either Derrick or Naomi in the top 3, sadly.
>>
>>5939559

I've been really underwhelmed by Kimchi. Been so-so in challenges and the runway looks have been shit. I don't doubt she'll end up in the top 3 though, considering Pearl managed it last season, and the reddit crowd is eatting her up.

I'm Thorgy/Bob/Robbie/Acid. Can't decide who I like the best of them.
>>
The SJWs are constantly being triggered by Thorgy.

>having dreads
>being in a fat suit
>portraying frida kahlo
>saying spanish women dont shave
and to top it all off, she will play michael jackson on the snatch game
>>
I don't think I'll ever understand drag. Muppets look more human, and more appealing, than this assortment of degenerates.
>>
>>5941581

Fucking this. I got attacked on YouTube by one of them for voicing my support for Thorgy after I said that I preferred that she'd won the acting challenge instead of Bob.

Fucking love Thorgy. My true winner of this season. A truly positive spirit, detail oriented, versatile talents, and honest.
>>
File: 1444720046323.png (133 KB, 500x535) Image search: [Google]
1444720046323.png
133 KB, 500x535
>>5941602
>taking drag this seriously
>not even knowing much about it in the first place either

And your opinion matters why, exactly?
>>
File: violet and fame.jpg (196 KB, 1080x1350) Image search: [Google]
violet and fame.jpg
196 KB, 1080x1350
>>5941624

Probably a triggered hon
>>
>>5941632
Speaking of Fame, does anyone follow her on Snapchat? I like watching her clips. She's super active on there. Complete fag desu, but still a cool queen. She's on her makeup class tour or whatever.
>>
>>5941624
>Thinks opinions have to matter
>You don't know anything but I'm not going to explain it, nuh uh.

Woo boy.
>>
>>5940819
>Derrick

have we been watching the same show?

Derrick has been 2 times in the bottom 3 so far
>>
>>5941723
building up to her redemption

chi chi is also getting a scary amount of screen time, I hope she doesnt last longer than she should
>>
Sad thing is derrick in low or bottom 2 ep 6 shown the trailer but i doubt the would just flat out show her being eliminated
>>
>>5941438
I really wish and belive Acid is top 3 material, but with all this constant talk about leaked info on the losing queens, I have lost all hope. I mean, most of the stuff people "verified" based on the trailer, even the order, ended up rigth, so...
>>
>>5941615
Thorgy will be the spiritual winner this season, just like Katya from last year. Screencap this.
>>
>>5943536
Thorgy was pretty rough in the first episode, but is becoming my favorite.

Anyone else enjoying the Ru-Up?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8_7cgD9QHg
>>
There's officially no more filler queens. Once Acid gets kicked off next week it's when shit will start getting tense and there's no more leaked info to go from.
>>
Next week is snatch game right? Is Betty gonna play Madonna? I wonder how she'll screw it up, usually who gets sent home looks picks a trendy character and look the part but then not get any of their mannerisms or jokes
>>
>>5945554
there's a chance that she wont leave the conventional way a la willam, who at the time even won the challenge. acid's ex-bf said she gets kicked off for being a douche
>>
>>5945554
Betty is Nancy Grace.
OMG I can't wait for next week because Thorgy Thor is going to be Michael Jackson and you know those SJWs are going to be pissed off
>>
>>5948560
Also spilled T says Acid Betty is getting kicked out a la Willam

It's gonna be an awesome episode, this season is already way better than the unmemorable hot mess that was S7
>>
>>5948623

They were trying too damn hard to make something happen with Pearl and it just didn't. Season would've been better had they just kicked her instead of Trixie, then let Katya and MKD win the conjoined challenge.
>>
Anyone gone/going to the Divas of Drag tour? Idk what to expect, I've never been to a gay event...
>>
>>5948686
I have read that it's fantastic, better than BOTS. It's not gonna hit the west coast anytime soon, I think. I really really want to go
>>
>>5944883
Naomi and Derrick are filler. Naomi is just there, where as Derrick has no damn business being there. He should have Lipsinced instead of Chichi
>>
>>5948657
I definitely agree, the ONLY reason they kept Pearl was to pander to suburban millennials watching the show and finding him cute as a boy

He's cute but not that cute (many queens have been far more attractive in the past) and not at all talented, should have been kicked off the moment he pulled that ridiculous "do i have something on my face?" shit. He sleptwalk most of the season while real talent like Katya slipped away

Katya was the spiritual winner of the season anyway, even Ru acknoweldged that in the finale.

I think they really did learn from their mistakes because so far season 8 has been amazing with a really talented cast, the double elimination put a fire under their asses and these girls are really turning it. Whereas in season 7 only Violet, Katya and Trixie (and sometimes Ging) were turning it all the time.

I'm rooting for either Thorgy or Bob now, kinda liked Kim Chi but she's all looks no substance so far
>>
File: thorgypro.webm (805 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
thorgypro.webm
805 KB, 960x540
>>
>>5949056

You know, not saying Robbie didn't deserve his win, but overall I liked this group's performance better.
>>
is this season any good? because 7 was such a flop i had to stop watching half way through.
>>
>>5949066
it's 100x better

she's going back to her roots henny
>>
>>5949066
It's shaping up to be the best one yet.
>>
>>5949066
I feel you, I only watched S7 for Katya, and once that hooker left I had to force myself to watch the last couple eps. I can hardly remember anything from 7.

Season 8 may be the best season they've had yet, it's almost on par with 5 or 6 so far for me. Give it a chance, you won't be disappointed.
>>
thorgy > betty > bob
>>
>>5949595

This would be the best final 3 :c
>>
You guys are brainwashed and soulless.
>>
File: persons-0140.png (139 KB, 526x525) Image search: [Google]
persons-0140.png
139 KB, 526x525
>>5950710

Oh, be nice!
>>
>>5950669
>>5949595
imagine an all ny top 3 w/ the finale in nyc
pls
>>
>I'm rooting for either Thorgy or Bob now, kinda liked Kim Chi but she's all looks no substance so far
this
and this
>imagine an all ny top 3 w/ the finale in nyc
I really liked Betty in the beginning but she's such an asshole I lost interest and I like thorgy despite her triggering my inner SJW. right now I'm rooting for bob, she's one of the best by far
>>
also, did anyone else felt kinda bad for laila? she was obviously out of her league and she knew it.
>>
>>5950968

So far she and Robbie are the only queens to give halfway entertaining lipsyncs this season. So at least she has that. Even if her 2nd lip sync was steamy shit.

>>5950952

Only the worst sort of sjws are triggered by Thorgy.
>>
>>5950983
It's true, most lip syncs have been shit. I liked chi chi one a bit and robbie was ok (despite her drag always being oh so ugly) but both cynthia and naysha were fucking terrible, like, shameful, they looked and acted desperate

I'm latina living in south america so thorgy's frida really bothered me, but yeah, nobody gives a shit and I try not to
>>
>>5951011
>I'm latina living in south america so thorgy's frida really bothered me

Really? I'm Mexican and I thought it was funny as fuck. I seriously don't get how people can get so offended by the lightest breeze.
>>
>>5952512
Mexican Americans and other minorities get fucked up somehow growing up in that country.
>>
>>5935269
8th acid
7th naomi
6th robbie
5th chi chi
4th thorgy
3th derrick
2th kimchi
1th bob

Here's my prediction

>inb4 >derrick in the top3
>>
Thorgy coming out in a kimono on snatch game's runway haaa
>>
>>5952512
I have no problem with non-latinos doing latino's stuff, if she did a decent drag of Frida it would be alright but I felt that it was disrespectful, it was funny in a bad way, like "hey, frida looked like shit, was sick and couldn't move, that's so funny, right?".
and no, I didn't get "offended by the lightest breeze". I've never been to mexico but around here people don't even get offended with things like that nor use that word for it. it just pisses me off that it got to the point where saying someone got "offended" is used to disqualify anyone who feels uncomfortable with anything.

I thought she was disrespectful and lacked tact, that's it.

>>5953820
I doubt kimchi will make it to top 3. bitch can't even walk in heels.
>>
>>5956433
>Holly Herrera

Cool drag name
>>
>>5956433
>I thought she was disrespectful and lacked tact, that's it.

And that's what drag is
>>
>>5956838
yeah, not for me

>>5956838
yeah, I thought so too, thanks!
though I wish it was Carrera
>>
Robbie winning the last challenge makes me hopeful that she will go further than expected. Here's hoping Naomi will leave soon and that all speculation that she's top 3 doesn't turn out to be true.
>>
I fucking love Thorgy Thor. She's such an awesome and genuine person

http://dragcast.net/35-thorgy-thor/
>>
>>5959401

Well there's always one queen in the top 3 who doesn't belong there, so don't get your hopes up too much.
>>
Looking forward to watching Kim do Pearl for snatch game.
>>
>>5961053
That's such a waste and let down desu. I kinda dislike queens doing other queens. Where's the creativity?
>>
>>5961074
They worked in Chicago together so I assume she'll get to do more quirks than Max's Sharon abortion
>>
>>5961074
let down? kim is a shitty actor. im actually impressed that she might have figured out someone that she can actually pull off
>>
New T says Acid Betty and Derrick are bottom 2, and Acid Betty, having had it with the judges being shady apes, REFUSES to lip sync and just stands there. Think Tammie Brown meets Shannel.

If this is true it's going to be one hell of an episode for sure.
>>
>>5962483
I'm wondering if the producers were planning on getting rid of Derrick then. Acid Betty's bitchiness is too good for reality tv, specially when she has the talent to back it up. I doubt they were planning to axe her this early on,
specially since in the trailer, Derrick appears crying about the emotional rollercoaster which is from episode 7 and her makeover partner looks busted, so she'll keep on landing in the bottom.
>>
>>5963289
Probably this. Specially since Acid is a huge Madonna fan and even said on meet the queens that she would like to lip sync to anything Madonna. They threw her in the bottom expecting her to slay it(like they did with Robbie in the rollerskate challenge) and send Derrick packing but it backfired.
>>
>>5962483
Acid and Naomi are in the bottom two. Apparently Naomi's New York impression was horrible
>>
>>5968160
>>5962483

Here's proof
http://m.imgur.com/YMU1046
>>
Acid will leave but Naomi being in the bottom makes me hopeful that she won't stay for too much longer
>>
>>5968164
Acid's outfit looks very cool from what I see. Those birds coming off her body, wow
>>
Episode 5 link, anyone?
>>
>>5969108
Not necessarily true. This is usually the case with queens that aren't very great from first sight or from the beginning of the season, but Naomi definitely has a look to her and she's a pretty great queen.

If you recall Pearl being on the bottom 2-3 times last season, but she made it to the top 3.
>>
link where
>>
Not even 20 seconds of googling you nigger faggots:

http://vodlocker.com/0ccmyaj40c2w

http://vodlocker.com/ndd11e2c5vb6
>>
>>5971840
Thanks anon but I giggled and count find, teach me plz
>>
>>5971938
rupaul + s08e05. then search tools → past hour.
>>
>>5972030
t-thanks
>>
ok, question
why was betty's lipsync so shitty?

[spoiler]and I'm starting to like naomi, I can't wait for robbie to go tho[/spoiler]
>>
>>5972382
I wanted Naomi gone for a while now. Betty had an awkward costume, plus she's not much of a prefomer.

I like Robbie but he's been a huge let down
>>
Really disapointed with Robbie. And I'm not sure how I feel about Bob switching characters, how is that even fair?

>>5971685
>If you recall Pearl being on the bottom 2-3 times last season, but she made it to the top 3.
Which was pure bullshit. Pearl is the least deserving contestant to ever be on the top 3.
>>
When the most interesting thing this episode happens off-camera...

>When RuPaul threw his mic, he went backstage and started yelling at the other two head honcho/producer types, and said why aren't these bitches prepped, do I have to do everything, and the other folks were like, well, you're the one who invited them, and it was super uncomfortable as all the girls just listened to this happening backstage, and then Ru came back out all smiles like nothing had happened, and then they got some PAs to basically tell the models what to write.

AND WHY THE FUCK DIDNT ROBBIE DO LIZA MINNELLY?

Robbie and Derrick keep on being saved, they waste the brought back queen on Naysha, now Acid slips up and is sent home right away. Fuck this, so much talent and they only kept it for 5 episodes, if there was a ever a time for a "shantay you both stay" it would have been now
>>
>>5944045
I fucking love it.
>>
>Chanel and Gigi were being such models and their answers didn't make Rupaul happy. He eventually lost it and threw his mic and stormed off screaming at the team
>When RuPaul threw his mic, he went backstage and started yelling at the other two head honcho/producer types, and said why aren't these bitches prepped, do I have to do everything, and the other folks were like, well, you're the one who invited them, and it was super uncomfortable as all the girls just listened to this happening backstage, and then Ru came back out all smiles like nothing had happened, and then they got some PAs to basically tell the models what to write.
LOL
>>
Models aren't really known to be wellsprings of interesting conversation.

That said I was upset that Naomi stayed over Betty. I get her see how queens like Naomi get a fanbase, but it's just really boring to me
>>
>>5973973

This is the shit I hated about season 7. MKD fucks up once. Gone. Max fucks up once. Gone. While shit, boring queens with only marginally better lip syncs get to coast on by.

Acid was my favorite this season. Guess now I'm team Bob.
>>
>>5941723
this sounds so wrong when u read it out loud
>>
really underwhelming snatch game overall. bob deserved the win but switching unrelated characters midway is a cop out
>>
>>5941632
I love how Violet and Miss Fame became BFFs after drag race.
>>
File: 11.jpg (450 KB, 1530x2048) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
450 KB, 1530x2048
>mfw this lipsync
>>
>>5979914

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPfiSkbsbgQ

also do I have to hand in my gay card because I didn't know that Madonna song before
>>
>>5979921
Naomi in drag is so hot
>>
>>5979362
Yeah I love Bob to death but his main weakness is definitely that he overdoes it, just like Visage told him. Still, his first character was done incredibly well regardless. Thorgy might have won if he didn't do that well-recieved switch, though.

Derrick is such a dumbass when does he leave anyways. His hairlines make me want to cry.
>>
Derrick was so amazing as Britney, why can't he bring that level of quality outside of Britney?
>>
>>5975597

I fully expected Naomi to get trashed but to be honest, she actually did really well in that lipsync. Acid was probably fucked by her outfit, but Naomi was really feeling that song.

I don't mind Naomi cause she isn't 100% one of those queens who is like 'I only care about being fish', if she pulls out some looks that arent a bathing suit and robe then I'll be satisfied with her. She's been nothing but safe prior to this though so I can't see her winning.
>>
Vote For Donald Trump! Racist Rick approves this message!!
A message from Racist Rick! https://youtu.be/yWUdQnNAy0Y
>>
>>5979977
boy mode naomi is hot too, and i don't even like femmy guys

>>5979984
how was he so amazing? he wasn't funny at all. honestly it's crazy that derrick hasn't gone home yet. he has no talent and has the personality of a potato. i get that he's good at what he does (impersonating britney) but this isn't a celebrity impersonation competition.
>>
>>5980068

Derrick hadd a couple ok moments. Definitely wasn't really high worthy. But then nobody was aside from Thorgy who was also a bit underwhelming, and Bob who was the clear winner.
>>
>>5980089
that's only cuz everyone at the snatch game pretty much sucked. overall in the competition derrick hasn't done anything of note
>>
>>5962483

I love how all the acid betty fans are so deluded they think they ONLY way she can go home is if she's a cunt to the judges.

Instead she showed how boring she is and went home immediately.

Nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>5980093

None of them have, this season is duller than season 7.
>>
>>5980104

I mean, aside from the only queen who brought looks to the runway.
>>
File: acid-betty-lead[1].jpg (33 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
acid-betty-lead[1].jpg
33 KB, 600x400
>>5980116

Shitpost?

Bobs ratchet drag is more polished than Betty's.
>>
>>5980113
that's true, there are no clear stand outs to me this season, unlike previous ones where i had favorites from the beginning. thorgy is cool, bob is good but i just can't bring myself to like him, something about him doesn't sit right with me, and i'm always amazed by kimchi's make-up. the purto rican ones sucked balls this season, dax was horrible, i don't know why but i liked laila a tiny bit, robbie turner is meh. chi chi and naomi are tolerable.
last season had katya and max who i loved from the beginning.
>>
>>5980068
>i get that he's good at what he does (impersonating britney) but this isn't a celebrity impersonation competition.
And the only episode where it IS a celebrity impersonation competition he falls flat/middle of road. Tatianna, who had no experience and didn't even know Snatch Game would be a challenge, delivered a massively more entertaining and memorable Britney.

Sharon Needles' T from the BOTS tour says that according to Thorgy herself half Michael Jackson jokes were about the pedophilia allegations. Probably too black comedy for a show so closely associated with LaToya and they got edited out.

No confirmation about this but I think it was the same with Kim Chi's character, they only showed one answer and it's probably so they wouldn't get any controversy.

Robbie Turner as a sour face all the time and she's middle of the road too. She and a Naomi are filler queens in my mind. Derrick is constantly useless and Kim Chi is mid-high for me. Thorgy and Bob have this competiton in the bag. Acid's leave was justified if we take the lip sync on its own, otherwise Naomi should have gtfo because she can't deliver anything memorable, whereas Acid at least has interesting looks.

Either way this season has me gagging.
>>
>>5980116
kimchi's runway looks have all been good. betty was cool for two episodes but the loud crazy in your face style get's boring after a while
>>
I AM GAGGING
>>
>>5980143
If only we could do something about that walk. Cowardly Lion realness, Macaw Couture and Nothing Really Matters Eleganza have conveniently hidden her terrible runway walk, but she's going to run out of ways to hide it. Girl needs to sissy that walk stat.

All T no shade she reminds me of Pearl a bit, she's very dry personality wise, even when talking about personal things. However, unlike Pearl, she's actually bringing it and seems to be an actual human being, so I do like her a lot.
>>
>>5980143

Kim's runways(and makeup) are the most overrated shit this season. She's coasting hard.
>>
>>5980148
drag race used to so good and fun :(
i don't know what it is but season 7 and this season have changed the show in a way that i don't like and i think is probably irreversible

>>5980160
what are you talking about? even his madonna geisha make up was breath taking to me. when it comes to just makeup he's clearly the best this season (and maybe top 5 overall)

>>5980158
yeah i know, so weird. it's not like it's hard to walk like a model, anyone can do it. he has just a lot of awkward things about him, but the walk is not acceptable
>>
>>5980158

Don't bring Reddit's catchphrases over here please, they're as unfunny as obnoxious.
>>
>>5980173
While Season 7 was a boring shitshow full of retarded challenges (Shakesqueer anyone?) and deeply idiotic elimination choices (Katya vs. Ms. Kennedy "Condemning" Davenport, Trixie vs. Sleepwalking Pearl...), I think Season 8 is going back on track. I quite like the Untucked format as of now because it's not nearly as artificial as it was during S4/5, where the girls (except Willam) may as well be reading off a script. The challenges have been varied and honestly even the filler queens have been fun and memorable, with the exception of maybe Dax! and Naomi.

I do think the lackluster reception S7 got woke Ru up. S8 seems more demanding and versatile, and I really really hope that means we won't get a "top 3 because she's pretty" girl again. We had to suffer that shit since Rebecca fucking Glasscock in S1, but the Pearl thing really excacerbated this for me. Ru herself admits she just kept her because she was a cute boy and audiences would like her boy look, but now realized that what audiences REALLY want are fun, memorable queens.

I do have high hopes for this season and while the Acid Betty elimination is a bit upsetting I can understand it and is nowhere near as awful as the shit this show pulled last season.
>>
>>5980201

reddit didn't invent drag lingo
>HUNTY
>>
File: dr.jpg (1005 KB, 2507x1191) Image search: [Google]
dr.jpg
1005 KB, 2507x1191
>>5935269

Sorted a picture that's better in thumbnail than the current one.
>>
>>5980218

Do you think repeating catchphrases out of context is funny?
>>
>>5980209

>Katya vs Kennedy

There were plenty of idiotic elimination choices, but that wasn't one of them. Kennedy performed way better throughout the competition than Katya and completely won that lip sync. The fact that Kennedy didn't make top 3 over Pearl was one of the worst decisions of the season.

Season 8's really been up and down for me so far. People didn't start hating on s7 til post snatch game after Max left. And season 8's already mimicking that by sending home a front runner again.
>>
>>5980209
one thing i prefer is the new untucked, but i disagree with you. so far i'm finding the season 8 cast to be even worse than season 7. season 7 had maybe 4 or 5 completely forgetable queens but this season has like 7.
>>
>>5980221
>deritney
top kek
>>
Who has the worse hairline?

Derrick or Robbie?
>>
>>5980233
max was so good, he never got enough praise for his looks just cuz michelle was locked on her wigs (which were beautiful). one of the most memorable queens on the show so far for me. shame he doesn't do much on social media/youtube after the show.
>>
>>5980258
out of drag you mean? derrick i guess
in a bad teeth competition tho, robbie wouldn't have any competition
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L00sx82Nw8&nohtml5=False

what do we think about Bob
>>
>>5980268

There's not many "who has the worst X" comparisons that Robbie would lose.

But Derricks hairline (in drag) is hilarious.
>>
>>5980233
Katya and Kennedy had the same amount of high placements and wins at that point. The lipsync was very good but Kennedy to me came off as desperate, too high energy even in slow parts of the song and she didn't even mouth the lyrics right in places, while Katya always stayed on point even if it was less flashy. I think the split jump out of the stage was what won it for Kennedy. But beyond that Katya had more wit and charisma, and it's obvious Ru realized it. In the challenge herself Hello Katya is comedy-wise miles ahead of Kennedy, and look at Ru's face when she heard Kennedy's ridiculously cringey speech in the finale. Even the "can I get some water" acknowledges it was a mistake.

To be honest in the Hello Kitty episode it should have been Pearl and Kennedy or Katya in the bottom. Pearl just put a fucking blanket on. Jesus.

>>5980240
It's the opposite for me, Katya, Violet, Trixie and Ginger were the only ones that gave me that "they could be top 3" vibe. Everybody else was just going through the motions but didn't feel compelling at all to watch. This season even messes like Laila were fun. If I had to round up the boring queens I'd say Robbie (bitching and getting mad at everything), Naomi (no personality at all), and maaaybe Dax, but she barely got any screen time.

I honestly remember a LOT more from season 4, 5 and 6 than anything from S7.
>>
>>5980275

Bob's giving me Bianca in s6 vibes. She's leaving everybody behind, and only Thorgy seems to be doing any good at keeping pace with her. Her runway gig's a bit hit or miss though.
>>
>>5980292
>Pearl just put a fucking blanket on.

And still looked better than 2/3 people. Low bars are low.
>>
>>5980297
Sums up the issues of Season 7, really.
>>
>>5980173

Honestly, I think the new format of Untucked is partially why people seem to think season 7/8 are so boring. It shows the girls having nice conversations and mostly getting along like they actually do, vs old untucked literally just having them placed in borderline-scripted drama attack scenarios to produce memes and ratings.
>>
Lol at people comparing season 8 to the shitshow that was season 7. Season 8 had a single bad/underwhelming episode. The other 4 episodes were more entertaining than the entirety of season 7.
>>
>>5984986

People were living for season 7 early on too, and it had some great episodes early on like amazonian airways and one of the best snatch games of the show.

Honestly it probably started off stronger than 8. At least it didn't have any fuckery right out the gate like the whole double elim/bring back Naysha of all people bs. At least they made bring back a queen in s7 into a challenge(another great episode) so that it was at least partially justified.
>>
apparently most of thorgy's mj jokes were about child molesting so they had to edit most of it out
>>
>>5987952
Could explain why she didn't win
>>
When Ru called the Thorgy's and Bob's name I was expecting a double win. Poor Thorgy
>>
>tfw your gym playlist almost solely consists of songs that drag race girls have lip synced to
>>
>there will never be a rupaul song better than sissy that walk
>>
>>5992873
I hate sissy that walk desu. It's annoying AF
>>
>>5990989
That's basically what happened about two or three times this season already. Bob's being played as the safest, obvious winner on every turner while Thorgy is the one always right behind, always being so close to winning. Think Manila/Raja or Courtney/Bianca. It's called editing and it's part of the very core of the show. [spoiler]And most of the time it sucks for being painfuly wrong.[/spoiler]
>>
>>5992873
But Glamazon came out five years ago
>>
Robbie is gonna leave next episode for sure. Naomi will likely win the challenge.
>>
>>5997955
I'm still hopeful that Derrick talking about the emotional rollercoster in the trailer could be him sashaying away
>>
>>6003011
As much of a hot mess Derrick is, I want Naomi out first. She's so bland.
>>
>>6003040
Don't count on it. She is at very least safe but likely high placing or winning this challenge.
>>
>>6003053
Ugh another week with her...
>>
Why have none of the judges read Naomi for having no tits?

How are Derrick and Robbie still in this?
>>
>>6003079
Because she can pull it off

Don't forget Kim chi. Kim is cool and stuff, but you gotta be able to offer more than looks. Who knows maybe she'll get famous in Japan and Korea
>>
>>5980297
>And still looked better than 2/3 people. Low bars are low.

this isn't rupaul's beauty pageant

are we all in agreeance that naomi's time is running out
>>
>>6003162
>are we all in agreeance that naomi's time is running out
no. people have been pegging her as top 3 with kim and bob since the beggining
>>
It's either Robbie or Derrick tonight. Place your bets.

I want it to be Derrick but it's more likely Robbie.
>>
>>6003177

That would be the worst top 3 in the show's history. Bob definitely deserves to be there, but neither of those other two hos do, at least not so far.

Bob and Thorgy aside, the rest of this season's queens are starting to all look like filler. Even 7 had a more rounded cast.
>>
>>6003162
...i like naomi. i shouldn't be cuz really she just has the best body of this cast, repetitive outfits and one half decent lip sync but i still like her

>>6003177
>no thorgy
what is wrong with people?
>>
>>6008512
>what is wrong with people?
pegging her as miss congeniality
>>
>>6008579
i feel like kimchi will get booted off before top 3 and will be miss cong
>>
>>6008601
I miss when Miss Congeniality actually meant Miss Congeniality instead of "gone too soon internet poll". Alaska and Josslyn deserved it more than the likes of Ivy Winters and Dela. And Nina Flowers couldn't be MC now because she was top 3.

>>6003177
WHO has been doing that? She is showing no charisma, always has the same looks, definitely had no wits or comedy skills, and most telling of all has little to no air time. Top 3s get air time and storylines, Naomi is the definition of middle of the road filler queen, all she's being shown as good for is body and face.

>>6008504
>Even 7 had a more rounded cast.
rounded in mediocrity? lol

I do agree Kim is boring but at least she's more original in her looks than Naomi.
>>
>>6008504
>That would be the worst top 3 in the show's history.

Worst top 3 was season 7. Pearl and Violet had absolutely no business being in the top
>>
>>6009322
>Pearl and Violet had absolutely no business being in the top

Because Ginger was such a unique talent?

Please.
>>
>>6009336
Ginger can do way more than stand on a stage and look pretty. Violet and Pearl are not performers.

Have you seen them live? They are mediocre at best.

Ginger is funny, she can sing, she can act, and perform.

Aside from looks, which you can buy, how are Violet and Pearl better than Ginger?
>>
>>6009366

>Aside from looks, which you can buy

He says while defending a queen that made a $5000 dress look cheap.

Drag isn't just being a goon on stage.
>>
>>6009377
I forgot this was America's Next Top Model.

>Drag isn't just being a goon on stage.

Yes, it is. Look at all the successful drag queens, they are goons on stage who manage turn out shows and appearances.

Why did Violet have to cancel her personal tour after the show? Because tickets weren't selling; she's a horrible drag queen

What can Pearl do aside from this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/rupaulsdragrace/comments/38tjv4/a_tiny_clock_about_pearls_album/

I mean, she can model as a boy, but that defeats the purpose of being a drag queen.
>>
>>6003132

Kim was already famous before drag race but ok?
>>
>>6009366
Did you see violet lip sync? At all??
>>
>>6010078
>Kim was already famous before drag race but ok?

Girl, how old are you? Kim was not famous. She was known by a niche audience apart of a small niche. She is not mainstream famous. Most suburban women could not tell you anything about kim chi, other that it's fermented cabbage.

>>6010312
Violet is bad at lipsyncing. Her mouth is too fishy/mouthy. I cringe, whenever I see her.
>>
>>6010078
>instagram fandoms are the real world
must be fun being a tween

>>6009366
I agree with you, ginger should have won. I'm not mad with violet though because she is a tyra style winner, she is a looks queen (that waist is impressive) even if she's lacking in charisma and fun. But like tyra she makes for a boring queen.

I think and hope that ru realized that people want fun queens and that's why the katya/glass of water bit happened in the finale. The show needs to focus on fun queens, fun queens is why everybody thinks season six was the best.
>>
I've come to this board for one thing, do you fabs have a link to the latest episode.
>>
>>6011803
Hold up bitch
>>
>>6011803
https://weshare.me/f2f3e186006041ee/RPDR_S08E06_PART_1.mp4

https://weshare.me/a424a92db68aa81a/RPDR_S08E06_PART_2.mp4

https://weshare.me/89a7bea977c31341/RPDR_S08E06_PART_3.mp4

https://weshare.me/be71ca3e7df27fb8/RPDR_S08E06_PART_4.mp4

https://weshare.me/de4ec758f9487875/RPDR_S08E06_PART_5.mp4

https://weshare.me/7b9d4443f8d1d87b/RPDR_S08E06_PART_6.mp4
>>
>>6011838
Thanks you are Amazing!
>>
>>6011838
>>6011803

and here's another
http://vodlocker.com/i6tybp4oy7u5
>>
>>6011851
Radical!
>>
I really hope Chi Chi sends Derrick home next week in a lip sync.
>>
>>6012006
Agreed, followed by Naomi
>>
>>6012106
>>6012006

Lmao funny.
Naomi and Derrick are definitely going to be in the top 4. How is anyone going to beat Derrick at lip syncing for their lives???? Shes a fucking pro.

And naomi is my vote for the winner of the season. Shes beautiful, proved she can turn out a look, and is another wonderful dancer/lip syncer.

I see chi chi and kim chi going home soon.
>>
Thorgy's look was fierce af tonight, I dunno why the judges didn't like it
>>
>>6012303
It was very party city.
>>
I think chi chi is going home next week. I really like her but it seems like she has no taste or vision besides being the ratchet queen

>>6012284
>And naomi is my vote for the winner of the season.
girl, please
we already have violet and it's such a bore

>How is anyone going to beat Derrick at lip syncing for their lives???? Shes a fucking pro.
I can see thorgy and bob easily kicking her ass, maybe even chi chi
>>
>>6012442
I never understood the party city thing, maybe because I'm not in the us, I think? can someone please enlighten me?
>>
I'm fine with either Naomi or Thorgy winning this season's competition. They're both amazing queens, honestly.
>>
>>6012456
It's a cheap Halloween costume store.
>>
>>6009366

I have seen Violet live and if you think she can't perform you are on crack.
>>
>>5935269
Why is one girl dressed as Ulala???
>>
When they chose that song to lip sync to you just know that they were setting it up for Derrick to slay, but since Robbie took off her wig I can't be that mad that they sent her home. WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU TAKE OFF YOUR WIG?
>>
>>6009377
>Drag isn't just being a goon on stage.
Aren't the most successive drag queens all entertainers though (dancing, comedy), not fashion models?
>>
The odds of Thorgy and Kimchi winning are dwindling. Bob has pretty much cemented is win.
>>
>>6012553
ooohh
thanks
>>
>>6013170

Yeah I'm getting S6 Bianca Vibes from Bob. Her looks are yawn but she's so god damn entertaining and so much fun I feel like she's running away with the competition.

Really wish she would up her game looks wise, every single look is a good idea badly executed. Except when she does big black woman realness, then she turns it.
>>
>>6013170
She could still get the Ginger Minj edit. Some queens and viewers have been finding her annoying.
>>
Jesus Christ I just watching the new untucked and now I can't wait for Derrick to sashay. I didn't knew you could fit so much insecurity in such a tiny brain.
>>
File: 1426862633182.gif (1 MB, 357x400) Image search: [Google]
1426862633182.gif
1 MB, 357x400
Season 8 and people still think removing a wig is EVER a good idea.
>>
IM STUCK IN A BRITNEY BOX PLZ SEND HELP

[spoiler];^([/spoiler]
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ei6uj8Az6s

they really have to work on their lip sync editing

it feels so rushed, you have to look really hard for clues that one of them outperformed the other
>>
>>6013924

The song is terrible, like really really terrible.

I don't even know how you edit any kind of climax or big moments in when it's basically a 5 second catchphrase on loop.
>>
File: 1414392181272.jpg (26 KB, 265x308) Image search: [Google]
1414392181272.jpg
26 KB, 265x308
>Derrick is STILL in the competition
>>
I'm rooting for Kim chi but i doubt she'll win. I'm indifferent about Bob i like him but god damn he irritates the fuck outta me. Derrick is kinda delusional in how dead set she is with the way she thinks but lets be honest chi chi should've went home followed by derrick next ep at least thats how i see it

Kim chi
Bob
Thorgy for top 3
>>
>>6013774

It was an accident, you can see it come loose before he flings it.

Anyway, currently hoping Bob, Thorgy and Naomi are top 3, but this season's really starting to disappoint me.
>>
>>6016096
>Bob, Thorgy, and Naomi
Even though I'm not crazy for Bob, I agree with this.
Hoping that either Naomi or Thorgy will win, but moreso Thorgy. Love her.
>>
>>6016106
I would love for Naomi to win but at this point it's pretty well confirmed that bob will win.
>>
>>5941632
DUDES THE HANDS DUDES
>>
I think Naomi had the coolest outfit but I still think queens like her and Violet are boring as hell
>>
>>6012644
LMAOOOOO I have to and I wanted my money back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_w7wTn-WYs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw6BzhqzepQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ceQHkhgL5Q

And you call this entertaining? You have absolutely no fucking taste
>>
>>6016770
Yeah, she does the same shit over and over again.
It gets old by the first half of the first time you even watch her dumb act.
>>
This is so badass

https://twitter.com/ufpajenn/status/719939595392167937
>>
>>6012699
>dressed as Ulala???
Fucking kek, brb gotta go play me some space channel 5
>>
https://embed.gyazo.com/7e1e765ade6959582e218422993504ae.gif

my favorite moment this season. eliminating acid betty was the worst mistake the show has ever made
>>
My boyfriend slept with a stage hand from the show. He gave me the tea.

Derrick is out next. The staff really hated him, apparently.

Naomi Smalls is 5th. She spends her last episode building up Kim Chi the entire time to make us root more for the underdog. Then she and Chi Chi DeVayne lipsync and she gets the boot.

Chi Chi goes full on Darienne Lake for eliminating Naomi.

Thorgy excluded from the top 4. She overthinks everything and gets booted because of that. Her and Bob's rival storyline comes to a close. Bob gets a storyline of being the "last" NY queen, and wants to win for her city.

The final three are Bob, Chichi, and Kim Chi

Kim Chi or Bob are the most likely to win. Chi Chi is going to get the Adore treatment. Staff said that Ru wanted another racial queen, my money is on it being Kim Chi for the underdog storyline, Bob's increasing ego edit, and Kim's race.
>>
>>6018188
GUUUUUUUURL

give us more. anything else you might know. does thorgy at least win a challenge?

(shame on me for still believing unfounded internet rumors)
>>
>>6018188

Whether this turns out true or not, Kimchi would be the shittiest possible winner this season. It would be like Pearl winning s7.
>>
File: 1369608188256.jpg (135 KB, 310x281) Image search: [Google]
1369608188256.jpg
135 KB, 310x281
>>6018201
>GUUUUUUUURL

You're on 4chan, you can stop.
>>
Do you think production would be shady enough apes to sabotage a queen's outfit? ie Bob's coming apart when he tried to put it on. Not saying he can't fuck up, but he seems to be a queen who knows how to craft a solid garment.
>>
>>6018830
bob is the last person they wanna screw
>>
>>6012957
>WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU TAKE OFF YOUR WIG?
she didnt. in the untucked slow mo you can see that it fell off.
>>
>tfw they are now editing thorgy to seem bitter
>>
>>6025873
>>
http://strawpoll.me/7378270
>>
>>6018561
Kimchi would be better than fucking Bob

>>6018830
Welcome to LA

>>6021106
Ru doesn't want to screw herself over with a poor man's Bianca either

>>6025873
Thorgy is just as pissy as Bob, I dunno why people love her
>>
>>6029214
>Kimchi would be better than fucking Bob

But how? Bitch can't perform. She's all look and it ain't even that good of a look.
>>
>>6029214
BAHAHAHA your opinion is shit. You invalidated yourself just by saying this

>Kimchi would be better than fucking Bob
>>
File: 1231256434.png (1 MB, 758x752) Image search: [Google]
1231256434.png
1 MB, 758x752
>>6018188
Chichi in the top 3 would be surprisingly fresh for an unexpected queen that most people considered filler but I kinda feel bad for Thorgy.

I hate how easy Bob is sailing through atm specially with how underwhelming her runways have been, does Bob even know how to paint? she's like the Trixie of S8 in the sense that she considers herself to be a comedy queen and there is nothing funny about her other than being a loud mouth

Also Bob is nowhere near Bianca
>>
File: 123213213444.gif (12 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
123213213444.gif
12 KB, 501x585
>>6018561
KimChi would be perfect for a fat queen winner, Drag race still needs to fill its diversity quota to please the jew overlords anyways and having KimChi winning would be perfect because she also asian.

WOW tried to pull that "Big girl" shit with Ginger and that did not work because everyone hated Ginger last season after that final episode so it kinda backfired.

Drag race already has two black queen winners anyway so Bob actual chances of winning are smaller than most people think.
>>
>>6030933
Oh shut the fuck up, no one cares about them. Sucking up to your masters isn't going to make them like you anymore. You're still a nigger in their eyes.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 320x232) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 320x232
>>6030933
>>
>>6030927
>identity politics in drag of all things

Hometown drag is still one of the few "come-as-you-are" communities in LGBT. It's already a caricature of how you're supposed to act.

WOW and RPDR is a very PG-13 version of drag to appeal to younger gays and girls who are America's Next Top Model and Project Runway crossviewers. That's why dipshits like Violet and Naomi are fan favorites but don't book shit afterwards
>>
>>6031656
Drag can be whatever it wants to be, it's still television.
>>
Thorgy isnt doing a viewing party this week, there's a high chance that he will be eliminated.
>>
>>6030880
>not liking trixie
Blergh
>>
>>6033439
im not him but trixie wasnt funny at all on the show. ive only started liking her after the stuff she has done post show. for instance hers and katya's new series is great
>>
File: BCALLA_SS16_10.jpg (430 KB, 1000x773) Image search: [Google]
BCALLA_SS16_10.jpg
430 KB, 1000x773
>>6031656
Violet isn't booking stuff because she's getting featured in fashion stuff with Miss Fame and Pearl
They do perform, but it's not where their focus is
>>
>>6034955
That's not the point though. The point is, they don't get booked to perform at bars clubs etc, because they aren't fantastic performs. It's a great thing that those three found ways to make drag work for them, that doesn't involve performing
>>
>>6035598
Violet and Fame specially have transcended that "club" mentality.

Violet is so much more than any of the previous winners can ever hope to be except for Bianca, in fact Violet's advantage over any of the previous winners is that she understands how important/useful social media has evolved to become and she knows exactly how to cater to the people that like her because she knows who they are.

Also

Violet unlike Raja is young as fuck when compared to the Raja that won S3 so even though Raja was pretty intelligent her age always held her back.
Violet unlike Sharon never put herself in one box
Violet unlike Tyra did not disappear after her season ended ended
>>
>>6037205
Raja had an established career as a makeup artist, that's how she knew Tyra Banks, she does runway makeup
A lot of drag queens are walking runways for some houses like Marco Marco
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIDZR-fyrl0
or Willam and Sharon for Betsy Johnson (pic related), but these are usually shows that focus on queerness (Marco Marco is basically just gayboy underwear and Betsy Johnson was having a "trendy and transgendy" themed wedding collection for marriage equality) but I think Fame and Violet are really the only ones breaking the mainstream
>>
>>6034930
I agree, but she was also only there for six episodes I think
She's hilarious on anything that isn't drag race though, she's easily become one of my favorite queens
>>
who in your opinion are the most overrated queens to be on the show /lgbt/?

Mine:
>Jinkx
>Manila
>Raven
>Violet
>miss fame
>roxxxy
>>
>>6038954
The only ones that stick out in my mind like sore-thumbs are Violet and Pearl
>>
>>6038954

Jujubee, Pearl, Yara, and Kimchi
>>
File: backrolls.gif (669 KB, 500x252) Image search: [Google]
backrolls.gif
669 KB, 500x252
>>5935269
>How are you enjoying it so far?

I like Bob and Kimchi and Chi Chi the most.

Naomi is pretty but doesn't have much creativity.

Derek and Robbie annoy me.

Who else is there?

My all-time fave is Alyssa Edwards. Funny, Bitchy, Hard-working, Beautiful, Sexy. She has it all.

I'm gay, cis-male if that matters. (Not a chaser, just a fan.)
>>
File: shutupbitch.gif (833 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
shutupbitch.gif
833 KB, 500x280
>>5935269
>- adore delano (storms out on the second episode)

SPOILER ALERT!!!
>>
>>6039157

Thorgy
>>
>>6039164
I literally said >SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS before posting all the leaked info
>>
>>6037530
>Marco Marco

>My clothes are terrible what should I do?
>Lets put them on people with a lot of personality so their fans will watch
>Great idea, I don't have any fans anyway.
>>
my perfect top 3 would be bob, thorgy and chi chi
I'd be comfortable with either bob or thorgy winning, they're obviously the most talented ones this season. chi chi has a fuckton of potential, she just needs money and some inspiration
kimchi is cute and all but let's be honest, she can't do anything besides look cute. I can't get over the fact that she can't walk in heels
bitch you're a' drag queen, that's completely unacceptable!

>>6038954
>ben de la cremme
>roxxxy andrews
>trixie mattel
>ginger minj
>violet
>kimchi

>>6030880
>Also Bob is nowhere near Bianca
except she is, just search youtube
it actually really surprised me that bob can keep up with bianca
>>
File: violet2.gif (2 MB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
violet2.gif
2 MB, 500x250
>>6046189
You don't even know what I implied with that anon.
>>
>>6042514
That's a fair and accurate read.
>>
Sad about this elimination... though the LSFYL was on point.
>>
>>6047333
Thorgy was an idiot in that Lipsynch. Ru HATES it when queens camp up an emotional song. What's "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going"? One of THE MOST emotional songs ever. Don't clown around to that shit! It's up there with taking your wig off without another wig underneath!
Plus Chi Chi tearing her pearls off in lip-synched-grief was everything
>>
lel that anon who said that Thorgy was gonna be eliminated because she didn't throw a party was right.

ChiChi was amazing though
>>
>>6047346
It could work, but it just wasn't fitting this lip sync since Thorgy was all over the place.

I'm glad Chi Chi got to stay, she slayed the lipsync but honestly Kim's ad was worse than her's.
>>
Derrick is the next to go after this
>>
Can someone share a link for episode 7?
Can't find anything.
>>
Damn Thorgy got BTFO hard, ChiChi stealing all the cameras didn't help either, that bitch was giving so much.
>>
>>6047463
Kim's runway was sickening, though. Everyone looked good, but Chi Chi and Thorgy were both comparatively meh on the runway
>>
>>6047555
This runway was pretty cool overall.

Probably my favorite this season.
>>
>>6038954
>BenDela
>Pandora
>Trixie
>Fame
>>
File: ZkH5yKc.gif (783 KB, 448x251) Image search: [Google]
ZkH5yKc.gif
783 KB, 448x251
>ready for the links.
>>
>>6047555

thorgy's look has always been Meh...
>>
File: VR9D1Hb.jpg (42 KB, 618x640) Image search: [Google]
VR9D1Hb.jpg
42 KB, 618x640
>>6047688
>>
>>6047766
tsk tsk cheeky chops
>>
>>6047486
>>6047673
Here you go: http://vodlocker.com/y7hd2d0oirpd
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.