[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
where the FUCK do i get hormones in this texan shithole!?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
please help my ass. i'm 18 and finally independent but stuck in texas. where the hell can i get hormones in dallas? any informed consent providers? pls help me i fucking need to transition now before it's too late.

>inb4 it's too late meme
i'm androgynous as hell but just have a body hair issue so i think i'll be fine thank you very much.
>>
Check here.
http://askanonbinary.tumblr.com/post/72910136802/informed-consent-hormone-providers

If you're in college, it appears that every major school near you offers IC treatment through their health departments.
>>
>>5934608
oh sweet. so wait, i can just go to my school's health department? they cover trans stuff too? fucking hell i never knew. once i start college i'm going straight to it
>>
>>5934614
Seems like it! Best of luck with your transition, Anon, and be sure to have/build a good support network for yourself. It helps a lot.
>>
>>5934620
well i can come out to my family but i'm 99% sure they'll hate me given their homophobic/transphobic comments in the past.
>>
Crazy idea - Have you thought about not pretending to be trans?

You only have a few years left before everyone clocks on to the fact that transness is a liberal delusion.
>>
>>5934631
i swear to fucking god
>>
>>5934626
Friends? Anyone?

You're in Dallas, so you CAN find support groups focused on other young trans people early in transition. Yeah, yeah. Support groups. But having someone you can talk to about trans stuff is very nice.
>>
>>5934643
yeahh um well i used to have "friends" but i came out to them and they sorta just.. fleed. oh well. support groups sound nice though.
>>
>>5934651
Sorry I can't be more help. That sounds heartbreaking. I'm all the way in non-Alberta Canada, so Texas is some weird, foreign land.

I hope you manage to find some good people. At worst, sneak on over to the appropriate trans general and at least make some online contacts. It sucks compared to in-person, but "at all" beats nothing.
>>
>>5934675
true. and thanks for the help. i have lots of hope now. bless your glorious canadian soul
>>
Yo OP, unrelated question but whats the lgbt scene like in Dallas? I'm going to a school outside of the city for a year of college before transferring to a bigger school, and I was wondering.

The whole "texas hates queers" thing still kinda freaks me out even though in most places thats not really true anymore.
>>
>>5934697
i have no idea what the fuck lgbt scene means but if you're wondering if people are supportive, well, gay people yes i've seen some support for. trans people? in my experience nothing but hate. they do have support groups though so there's something i'm going to check out perhaps tomorrow
>>
>>5934758
Remember to try for groups with other young trans people. Older people generally have very different concerns and experiences, and that can make you feel even more alone.
>>
>>5934697
Dallas had a problem recently with gay men and transwomen being killed in the parks. So watch yourself.
>>
>>5934509
Dr. Dorfman.

You're welcome.
Also, have tons of $$$. Costs a few hundos each visit out of pocket. (every 4 months). Get your therapy letter first reccommending treatment so you don't waste a ton of money seeing him the first time and get rejected.
>>
>>5939285
>expecting me to pay for "therapy" when i can just on the hormones instantly through informed consent
>>
>>5939285
i'm truly amazed at the poor financial decisions people can make, and then even recommend
>>
>>5934697
Dallas has a gay scene in its Oak Lawn neighborhood. It's pretty vibrant, but there has also been hate crimes.
>>
>>5940224
Oh, okay. Let me know how how that works for you.

>>5940798
>was my only reliable option for hormone treatment
>constitutes 3% of my disposable income

I called countless endocrinologists and found one place that put me on a 1 year waiting list.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.