[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Job searching for transfags of /lgbt/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 18s6pup0lg903jpg.jpg (68 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
18s6pup0lg903jpg.jpg
68 KB, 800x450
Not sure if this is the place to ask this but what jobs do some of the trans people of /lgbt/ have? I recently got "laid off" from my retail job because we got a new DM. (No more hours for me) I need to find something fast and I'm hoping for something other than fast food, and that gives me at least 20 hours a week. (Full time in college too) I'm only 19 and I've only ever held two jobs for more than a year. I am MtF so I need to find something that won't make me get rid of my hair either cause I still work in boymode. Thanks for any help or advice.
>>
>>5932835
I've heard that Starbucks is a very trans positive employer. Like, exceptionally so.
>>
Here's a list of companies that have been checked for trans positivity. Hopefully something there looks appealing to you.

http://www.masstpc.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Employers_with_Transgender_Friendly_Policies
>>
>>5938130
Different anon but thank you! Is the general routine to say your status before or after the interview or to HR in private? I usually put my preferred name in ().
>>
>>5941627
you don't need to mention and should not mention it for legal reasons. technically employers are supposed to ignore things like race, gender, etc. to prevent accusations of hiring discrimination, even though it's obviously impossible to be perfectly impartial.
>>
>>5941636
I guess I just have to put my medical gender on the form until I pass. I guess when I pass (ftm) it will be kind of self explanatory. Do you have any other tips for business/work?
>>
>>5932976
Probably because they're a hotspot for hipsters and 'trans' is all hip and happening right now.

Kinda disgusting, but hey, I'll take what I can get.
>>
>>5932835
i worked at a panera bread for a few months, but i was deep stealth, and no one knew i was trans.
ive heard target is a great place to work if you are lgbt.

at the moment im a part time student and i work for a printing company part time.
>>
>>5932835
Just wanted to say I appreciate the suggestions, but I cut my hair today and gave up. I have bills to pay. Hopefully T doesn't fuck me over too badly and I can be back here in a couple years.
>>
I applied to sonic today. Let's hope I can get it, So I can at least eat this month.
>>
>>5943287
Godspeed, young tranny. Sorry to hear about your hair, and I hope you can afford hormones sooner than later.
>>
Home Depot is very LGBT friendly. I swear I always see trannies working there.
>>
>>5943287

Good luck and ganbare senpai!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.