[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When you hug someone, do you hug them under their arms or over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
When you hug someone, do you hug them under their arms or over them? If you switch it up, does it depend on whether or not who you are hugging is male or female? Are you a top or bottom? I need to know, for science.
Also because my taller friend joked about me being a fag for hugging him under the arms so it got me curious.
>>
>>5908357
It depends on the persons height
>>
>>5908357
I think I tend to hug like a woman desu and I usually bottom as well.
But I have done more manly hugs when I hug women.

I'm kind of short though so I always end up hugging people at the waist which I think is why it looks feminine.
>>
it depends on the person's height and how i want the hug to be
if they're shorter than me, and it's a casual hug: over the arms
if they're taller than me and it's a casual hug, under the arms
if they're shorter than me and it's NOT a "casual hug" sometimes i hug under their arms and pick them up
if they're taller than me and it's not a casual hug, sometimes i go over their arms and lean into them
>>
I've never thought about this before. I usually go over, but if they're taller and bigger than me I go under.
>>
>>5909120
I think maybe I just didn't do the bro hug thing. Come to think of it when I see guy friends hug, they seem to place their hands on their upper backs and pat them. I had my hands on his middle back(but not in the groove) and I didn't pat.

I'm not worried or anything but I guess I should manly up my hugs. I'm not tall and it just feels weird hugging most people over the arms to me.
>>
>>5909131
"bro hugs" i think are done on the diagonal, with each participant putting one arm over the other's shoulder and doing a quick pat on the shoulder blade area
>>
>>5909161
>>5909131

Nah this is how you do it, I'll put it in steps so its easy:

>lock eyes
>smile
>"who'm brudda"
>both participants swing in with their right hand such that they collide and make a crack
>both participants slide their handsuch that the gaps between their thumb and forefinger lock together- then clasp
>they then both close the gap by contracting their arm
>then with their free arm they pat or grab the back of their buddy

and that is how its done
>>
File: Fc1FxGh.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
Fc1FxGh.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>>5909224
I have studied the bro hug but I can never pull it off when the time comes
I just get too nervous and sperg out
>>
You are reading too far into it I think. haha. I go under most of the time.
>>
>>5909161
>>5909224
Bro hugs are indeed diagonal, one hand over, one under.
What you are describing is a bro greeting handshake into a hug.
But it isn't really a "bro hug". You don't have to shake hands before you hug.
>>
I don't care as long as they're in my arms.
>>
>>5909296
You sure? Most I know hook and slide their hands, while the older crowd seem to shake at the elbows before pulling into the diagonal hug or instead just bump their chests/shoulders.
>>
I always hug one arm over, one arm under. Firm pat to the back. Squeeze optional.
>>
>>5908357
I am 6'2" and hug everyone the same way right arm over, left arm under, just how I have always hugged.
>>
Under, bottom.

You're going to get a humongous self-selection bias, no-one wants to admit that they're completely submissive and meek in such a psychologically ingrained way that even a simple hug reveals their beta status.
>>
>>5909523
This
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 500x333
>>5908357
>when you hug someone
>>
>>5909707
Anon I'll hug you, shucks.
>>
Under but I am a trans woman. And I only hug guys who I fuk usually
>>
>>5908357
I have never hugged anyone.
>>
>>5908357
Interesting!
I am a top, straight male, big guy (6'1, security guard).

I hug everyone almost the same. I am bigger than most, so basically I give 3 kinds of hug:
-Wife gets the "hubby" hug. Arms go over, one across her back, one around her lower back. Ear nibbling may occur.
-Sister gets the "Big Bro" hug. Arms go around her ribs, under her arms, lifting her up, usually spinning her around.
-everybody else gets the standard, over their arms, engulfing-type hug. Guys, girls, straight, gay, it matters not. Even straight guy friends have all become huggers, because apparently I have very comfortable hugs.
>>
>>5912073
I should have read the thread first, sorry.
>>5909131
>>5909161
>>5909224
>>5909232
Bro hug is not necessary. Guys always wan to default to that, but once their all wrapped up in a bear hug, 98% of them just lean into it. At the core of our humanity, we are all social animals. We all want to be held. Don't overthink it.
>>5909707
>>5910239
Would that I could hug you two. Everyone deserves good hugs. Yer breakin my heart, guys.
>>5910232
Only hug sexual partners? I find that weird. You are missing out on a lot of good hugs.
>>
>>5908357
Depends on height and how the come at me I suppose

I generally try to do one arm over and one arm under i guess.
>>
>>5909691
that is were you are wrong, i am completely submissive (which throws people as i am six two and very large) most people assume i am a top but I am about as far from top as you can get, and in no way worried about 'hiding' it.
>>
>>5910239
How is this possible? Honest question. Even just a friend hug?
>>
>>5908357
From the front, arms under.
From behind, arms over, generally around the neck.
If the person is particularly short, then arms over in all cases.
If the person is particularly tall, then arms under unless this person is sitting.

However, my family does this weird thing with hugging each other where we go half under, half over. We call it a cross-arm hug...
>>
>>5912462
Never had friends duh.

My dad kinda hug me once with one arm on christmas some years ago for like 1 second and that was awkward as fuck.
>>
>having regular physical contact with other humans
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Steve0's Dog.jpg (93 KB, 755x696) Image search: [Google]
Steve0's Dog.jpg
93 KB, 755x696
I always hug under the arms gently, with my right arm horizontal, while my left arm is at a 45 degree angle upwards and I normally unintentionally lift up my right leg, while going on the tips of my toes with my left foot (don't know why :P). I'm MtF, but I'm also fairly short so that's probably the reason I've gotten used to doing it that way
>>
>>5912489
You're fucking KILLING me, anon!
Makes me want to offer a service. Like a callguy for hugs.
>>
>>5908357
I'm a bear hugger. I literally wrap my arms around your waist and shove you close to my chest
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.