[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about PC culture being strongly intertwined with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: image.gif (133 KB, 311x366) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
133 KB, 311x366
How do you feel about PC culture being strongly intertwined with the LGBT community?
>>
>>5901450
Usually, kinda pissed. Words derive power from the reactions. If you don't let it bother you, it doesn't hurt you.
>>
>>5901450
personal computer?
>>
>>5901450
I hate it when straight people talk. They never have anything worth listening to. The more they're told to shut up, the better.
>>
"Queer" was an extremely offensive slur, LGBT people liberate the word, bisexual cis girls now use it to describe themselves.

These SWJs now want to dictate what words can't be used - the cognitive dissonance is staggering.
>>
>>5901470
>group isn't interested in listening to straight lies and changes how one of their words is used
>group isn't interesting in listening to straight lies and tells straights to shut up
>"muh duh cognizant distancanance"
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 500x281
I hate it when someone finds out I'm trans and then starts talking to me like I'm this fragile, sensitive, SJW that needs an apology anytime someone says something even slightly offensive. SJW's automatically assume I'm on their team and we share the same views. shit sucks. Obviously I'd hope people will treat me and other lgbt folks with the same respect they'd give anyone else but I'm not gonna bully them into it
>>
>>5901497
>"people bully me!"
>"but I won't bully them back!"
>"proves I'm tuff!"
>"turn da other cheek 4 sho!"
>>
>>5901478

Yeah, you go tell the whole world to shutup.

I'm sure your tumblr will reach an audience big enough to make a real difference!
>>
on the bright side it's better for us now then it was 10 years ago, but I think at this point they're making it more uncomfortable for us faggots to like talk to people
>>
>>5901528
I won't back down from trying to do what must be done just because it's difficult. What would be the point? Would you stop breathing if you had to do a pushup for every breath with your fatass, or would you at least get down there and try to move your sweaty piggy arms?
>>
>>5901450
I kinda dislike it because despite being gay I'm still pretty racist and homophobic desu.

Also I hate it when people find out I'm gay and they just aren't comfortable around me anymore because they are afraid of saying something that might trigger me. Fucking faggots.
>>
>>5901542
>I won't back down from trying to do what must be done just because it's difficult.

Why are you using 'difficult' as a synonym for 'delusional'?
>>
>>5901568
Because it must be done, so determining which adjective to use to describe it is pointless. I won't care about your bullshit just because you're a bitch.
>>
>>5901583

Go outside, seriously.
>>
>>5901460
>I think I know more about shit than 90% or more of the population
>>
>>5901523
>Not knowing what bullying really is
>>
>>5901497
>>5901544
This. SJW's need to grow up and stop trying to blame their problems on everyone but themselves
>>
>>5901450
A better question is: does it empower you or are you just being used?
>>
>>5901450
>How do you feel about PC culture being strongly intertwined with the LGBT community?

It's not. Go false flag your blatant lies somewhere else.

We've been the target of censorship for decades, and it's always been conservatives trying to suppress anything "ungodly" in the media. If you want to argue about PC politics, start with the source of the problem.
>>
>>5901849
you don't know want intertwined means, don't you?
>>
>>5901450
My school just banned the use of the word "walk-in appointment" because it can offend people who can't walk. PC culture is beyond retarded.
>>
>>5901913
Sure, that totally happened.
>>
>>5901544
Absolutely this. It's as if being gay instantly turns you into a triggering-hazard
>>
>>5901450
embarrassed
>>
>>5901459
Fuck computer culture
>>
>>5901460
And this is why we hate you.

By saying straight people have nothing to contribute, you're just demonstrating how fucking retarded you are. Judging the worth of someone's opinion because of who they like to fuck is just plain bullshit.

(This is my first time coming to /lgbt/, did I just fall for a super common troll? Like "clips" on /k/? If so, I apologize)
>>
>>5902770
Not exactly a regular here myself, but as far as I can tell from previous visits is the people here really seem to have very strong and very varying views
>>
>>5901692
"It's such a tragedy that homophobes get all the blame for homophobia!"

Is that literally the first opinion you've ever had or have you just been stupid for a really long time now?
>>
>>5902770
SJW-like posts are either legitimately tumblrtards coming here and shitposting, or shitposters trying to bait people. It's best to not respond.
We get a lot of threads like this one so sometimes people just try and trigger the OP(usually coming from /pol/) as hard as possible.
>>
>>5902786
You mean like all of 4chan.

I mean, just try going to /k/ and start a thread about whether it is called a "silencer" or "supressor". Or whether background checks should be mandatory.

Or go to /tg/ and say "I like 3.5". In any thread. At any time. It WILL derail everything. People on this site are allowed to operate without brakes, so we all just fuckin go whole hog into whatever we believe in.

I just didn't want to be "that guy" who fell for the classic board troll line.
>>
>>5901523

That person didn't say "people bully me" at all. What you quoted there was just some weird thing that was floating around in your own addled brain.

It looks like you may be this dim bulb as well ( >>5901478 ) who foolishly implies that SJWs don't tell EVERYONE to shut up, even (in fact especially) people who are highly accessible to them, such as young Internet-using legbutts, and other SJWs.

It's going to be a tough life for you I think.
>>
>>5901583

1 (800) 273-8255 when you need to talk to somebody.
>>
>>5901972

Or a smart, capable, virtuous, well-informed, or well-intentioned person.
>>
>>5901450
tbqh I'm tired of straight white girls trying to white knight issues they aren't apart of

#notmyshield or whatevr
>>
>>5904870
>#notyourshield
Holy fuck, I completely forgot that was a thing.
OT, I think it's amusingly hypocritical to hear intersectional feminists or whatever the fuck tell us that we have to act in a certain way because we're gay.
>>
>>5902819
Well you did fall for an obvious troll m8 but don't worry about it. This is probably the easiest board to bait. There are few things you can post that won't get a reaction.
>>
>>5901450
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Informative ally > people who use marginalization as an excuse to be a frothing hater, and make everyone they're associated with look equally nuts.
>>
>>5902770
No, you're just dog shit.
>>
File: 1454767788370.jpg (37 KB, 480x438) Image search: [Google]
1454767788370.jpg
37 KB, 480x438
>>5901450
>>
Bored, impressionable teenagers and young adults who wanted to feel special and part of a 'movement' so they could feel less bad about their boring, normal ass lives. They make themselves angry and miserable.
>>
>>5901450
"PC culture" is a shitty conservative boogeyman.

It's poorly defined and serves mostly as an umbrella term for anything dumb people don't like.
>>
>>5905374

Also lol at conservatives saying if we just vote for them then they'll accept us.
>>
>>5901450
I dislike the term "PC" in general. I find that it's a passive aggressive way for social conservatives (usually) to shut down a conversation, in the same way blindly calling everyone a racist and a bigot is how SJWs shut down conversations.

In reality, everyone is entitled to their opinions and none of those opinions are sacred and above critique. I have just as little respect for someone who cries that their opposition is too sensitive or "PC!!!!" to defend every ignorant, overgeneralized, half-baked statement they make as I do for someone who calls everyone who disagrees with their meandering bullshit a bigot.

I find that the theme here is entitlement, and people who say things like that, and bully others around with divisive language, tend to feel like they're entitled to have everyone echo their personal beliefs no matter how much or how little they can back them up with actual rationale.

Personally, I think that both moderate progressives and moderate conservatives can have real and valuable points, but it's almost impossible to have a conversation nowadays without offending someone. And, contrary to popular belief, SJWs don't have a monopoly on getting offended over stupid shit. Traditionalists, conservatives and other right-wing-leaning individuals simply dress up their pearl-clutching differently, and act like their emotional outbursts and mob-mentality censorship rhetoric make them tough and moral while their political opposition's use of the same unintelligent mob silencing tactic makes them weak.

There's also this
>>5901497
Most assume that my beliefs are based on, or around, my trans status. That goes for people from almost all political backgrounds. I've had people agree with statements I've made wholeheartedly, only to disagree with me and call me "PC" or "a libtard" or "a bigot" or "a misogynist" later on when they find out what I am.

In the end, I've found that everyone who takes a side in this argument is a hypocritical asshole.
>>
>>5905439
>In reality, everyone is entitled to their opinions and none of those opinions are sacred and above critique.

lol no. Conservatives are not entitled to believing that they should murder me. On the other hand I should be allowed to skin them alive for telling that lie.
>>
>>5905451
>lol no. Conservatives are not entitled to believing that they should murder me. On the other hand I should be allowed to skin them alive for telling that lie.
They are entitled to believe whatever outrageously violent, sexually repressive fantasies they want. They're not, however, entitled to kill you.

If they try, you shoot them in the face.

I'm convinced you're a subversive troll actively trying to slide the thread and cause chaos and disagreement, though.

Heavens forbid we treat one another like human beings and stop arguing all the time.
>>
File: besides-the-point.png (27 KB, 974x252) Image search: [Google]
besides-the-point.png
27 KB, 974x252
I feel like it's fucking stupid and divides us against each other so we can't tackle real issues.
>>
>>5901450
Annoyed.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.