[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If a cis straight male was forced to take girl pills for a month
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Skittles-Louisiana-2003.jpg (767 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Skittles-Louisiana-2003.jpg
767 KB, 1024x768
If a cis straight male was forced to take girl pills for a month what would happen to him?

Would he be able to stop taking them at the end of the month? Would he want to stop taking them at the end of the month?
>>
>>5896166
It ain't a mystery, endochrine disorders and prostate cancer will produce the same low T conditions. They get lethargic, dysphoric, and suicidal.
>>
>>5896166
If all males knew how wonderful estrogen feels, there would be no more males.
>>
>>5896182
>lethargic, dysphoric, and suicidal
Sounds like me desu.

I know my T is low but I'm afraid if i take T it will just fuck up my ability to produce it.
>>
They'd feel the same exact thing trannies feel (to a degree-- at least their body is still OK). Dysphoria, etc.

I.e., why Alan Turing killed himself.
>>
>>5896166
It depends on whether the cis person was actually strongly attached to their male gender identity (what people usually assume is meant by "cis") or if they are just indifferent towards their gender and only identify as male "by default".
>>
>>5896277
Nah nigga u be wrong as dirt. OFC niggaz who were masculine and shiet would feel liek shiet. But one can think of dysphoric masculine transwomen, and same shiet with feminine trans-men. Dysphoria arises more outta chemical imbalance related with brain areas having different craving for hormone levels rather than simply it being a performative gender shit. So i dont think whatchu said is the defining factor at all.
>>
>>5896166
A month isn't really enough time for much to happen, at all.
>>
>>5896312
Yeah I know it's about the brain and what hormones it wants. But brain sex isn't neccessarily 100% binary, like some people may really want estrogen and others may really want testosterone, while some are fine with either.
>>
>>5896166
Nothing would really happen. A bad acid trip is probably a thousand times worse for your mind then a month ofor estrogen.
>>
A month is not enough for any real changes. Dysphoria is not caused by hormones.
>>
replace "a month" with "___ months"
>>
There is a myth that women live longer because somehow they're more resistant to mental illness.

I'm curious if transwomen leaving the emotion dulling characteristic of T, if they're new emotional state could be a problem to their "male brain"?
>>
>>5897887
women only live longer than men because men have traditionally worked and worked harder jobs, thus being exposed to more stressors. as boomers are starting to die off, as more and more women were going into the workplace then, we're actually seeing figures start to even out between life expentencies, until eventually it will equalize. though women usually have more robust immune systems.
>>
>>5897887
Trans women don't have male brains, that's why they're trans women.
>>
>Wow, so you need a youtube/google account now to do recaptcha?

>>5897990
Women still have pregnancy leaves and can't work certain taxing jobs that are physically demanding, Women still work less than men though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb_WYGtZ7K4

>>5898063
I put 'male brain' in quotes because clearly i don't understand this, (assuming they're not born with an anomaly of internat/external genitals,) aren't transwomen born with a male body including a "male brain" ?

Men and women have slightly different neron counts in their brain. Is gender dysphoria complete psychological? Or is it part of the left over female brain that everyone has that never got what it needed from the hormones?
>>
>>5898169
> aren't transwomen born with a male body including a "male brain" ?

There have been studies that have shown trans people's brains generally show similar characteristics to their cis counterparts

Here's one: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022395610001585
>>
>>5898169
If you actually look at the studies, trans women have brains closer to female in structure than cis men, even though they were assigned male at birth. That's why the leading theory at the moment is that gender dysphoria is a neurological disorder.
>>
>>5898201
>Here's one: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022395610001585
Thank you.

>>5898206
>If you actually look at the studies, trans women have brains closer to female in structure than cis men, even though they were assigned male at birth. That's why the leading theory at the moment is that gender dysphoria is a neurological disorder.
I see now. You would think that the female brain would correct it's estrogen deficiency in a male body, I'm guessing the male genitals overpower this?
>>
>>5898287
>I see now. You would think that the female brain would correct it's estrogen deficiency in a male body, I'm guessing the male genitals overpower this?

Basically the body doesn't really have a way of correcting it on it's own that's why trans people have to take hormone supplements in order to transition.
>>
Can you guys talk more about the pathways of dysphoria?

>>5896312
>>5896357
What if you have low t and therefore low e as well, how do you know what the brain is craving more of?
>>
>>5896166
>If a cis straight male was forced to take girl pills for a month what would happen to him?

Depending on the physiological changes that occurred in such a short time period, he might experience a degree of gender dysphoria just like a trans person would.

This sort of thing was done centuries ago as punishment / "treatment" for homosexuality. It wasn't uncommon for men forced into this "treatment" to commit suicide due to the psychological discomfort of developing breasts and shit.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.