[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to Okcupid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: cowboy bebop shrug.jpg (30 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
cowboy bebop shrug.jpg
30 KB, 500x375
I still don't know if there is any merit in using Okcupid. I mean they indefinitely store your pics, share your data with all the subsidiaries of the same company that owns Okcupid, bots claiming to "like" you but to see their profiles you have to upgrade first hence making you share your credit card info with them which is all fine and dandy except what do you get in return?

I mean is it even worth creating an account there? All men in my location are either
1) old
2) total uggos
3) creepy looking (possibly murderers)
4) shady foreign exchange students
At this point I wouldn't mind dating a woman despite the fact I am just repulsed by the idea of getting way too sexual with them.

Anyway, does it help emblazoning your profile with labels like "Sapiosexual demiautism-presenting queer straight-leaning bi woman" instead of simple outdated "straight woman" if you are a tranny who is into men but want to pander to the widest audience? What's the best way not to create a future forsaken profile with zero views? Please share your personal experience with Okcupid here because I would welcome them.
>>
>>5890990
>Anyway, does it help emblazoning your profile with labels like "Sapiosexual demiautism-presenting queer straight-leaning bi woman" instead of simple outdated "straight woman" if you are a tranny who is into men but want to pander to the widest audience?

Certainly not.
>>
Dating sites and apps are not worth it unless you pay to get the full use of the site, or you could be a woman, some sites offers full functionality to women from the get go.
>>
How do you market yourself without misleading someone who wouldn't be interested in you otherwise? Nothing worse than a humiliating date.
>>
>>5892301

Be unabashedly proud of your weird eccentricities. If it applies, call yourself a nerd. Call yourself a weeb. Call yourself an autist and a degenerate. This will make sure nobody who's categorically opposed to dating someone like you will respond, but people who are open to it won't dismiss you as a mealy-mouthed loser faggot.
>>
Well, I made an okcupid a few weeks ago, with an honest profile listing myself as a trans woman and my hobbies, and I have gotten a couple hundred messages so far.

2 of which have been marriage proposals to men in Pakistan sight unseen, which I obviously should be jumping at. I've also been invited to join a Dom's sex dungeon harem. I also got invitation from two separate bisexual couples that like to play with trans girls, which I actually considered responding to because that would certainly be interesting . . . but I didn't.

I had a fair amount of guys that just wanted to either sext me or just meet up for sex, but I had clearly labeled I wasn't looking for hookups and whatnot so I guess they were just being pushy. I did eventually weed it out to meeting a few local guys that turned out pretty cool, although I am not totally sure I want to be more than friends with either because of interests not really matching up enough. There are several other prospects I am pretty hopeful about and am gonna meet sometime soon as my schedule allows.

I guess overall I've had a decently positive experience on okcupid, but I can definitely tell you that you need to be really good at weeding out who you talk to.
>>
Beats me. I only get really creepy stalker types and no homo guys that wasn't too suck my dick.
>>
>>5893477
Want to suck*
>>
>>5890990

OKC matches you with people of equal attractiveness based off of how other people rate you

So if you're only getting uggos, sorry love, you're ugly as fuck
>>
File: okcupid.png (29 KB, 673x678) Image search: [Google]
okcupid.png
29 KB, 673x678
>>5894763
This is actually true oddly enough, even though it might sound like a troll.

It's kind of a shocking business model for a dating site and seems excessively shallow. I mean this could be blocking off potentially great couples from meeting just because some random people mindlessly rate one lower than the other.
>>
>>5895046
Interesting, I actually just got that email from okcupid too. I am >>5893438 for reference. Well, I can tell you that it shows in my responses overall I suppose.
>>
File: laugh.jpg (21 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
21 KB, 340x340
>>5895046
>but we'll recommend more attractive people to you [from now on]
i am scared to use okc now because i am an unpassable manhon lol
>>
>>5895046
wow ugly people have a hard time attracting people who can get literally anyone, go figure
>>
>>5897213
Not all attractive people are shallow though, is what I'm saying.

Like, I'm kind of pissed off if it's not showing me "unattractive" people that I would get along with great (who I might still find cute even, who knows)
>>
File: 1269757830699.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1269757830699.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
>>5890990
>tranny
>woman
Pick one.

Sexual orientation is a decision made about which -sexual organs- you want to interact with.

If you're a tranny you should register as m seeking m, or, even better, register on a service that allows you to register as what you really are: A tranny looking for straight men (with high standards, it seems).
>>
File: DAILY LIFE.jpg (42 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
DAILY LIFE.jpg
42 KB, 720x720
>>5895046
>We've just detected that you're now among the most attractive people on OkCupid
>>
>>5897271
I kind of have to agree with this.

I believe transexuals will never truly be the opposite sex in a biological sense. Your biological sex is what you are born with, entirely by chance as I believe it and no one's fault or choice. But that's just how the cards are played.

That being said, I think trans folk can be the opposite gender.

But I believe it's dishonest when if given the option to state your status as a transexual, you actively state that you are the biologically opposite sex that you were born as.

That being said I believe more dating sites should include options for this type of things. To avoid and diminish any possibilities of misunderstanding which may unfortunately be very dangerous.
>>
File: 1310408064982.jpg (10 KB, 441x408) Image search: [Google]
1310408064982.jpg
10 KB, 441x408
>>5897271
okcupid lets you register as "transgender", bro

but i am a woman which is why it makes sense for me to register as f. ya mad brah?
>>
>>5897747
rape by deception
>>
>>5897756
>le tumblr-esque buzzwords
LEL
>>
>>5897756
Interestingly enough this is basically the same argument made by racists in the 19th century and prior when they found out that their spouses weren't entirely white, but "passed" as white, genetically as justification for a divorce appeal.
>>
>>5897905
it is rape by deception.
>>
>>5895046
Protip: it's fake
I pay for okcupid and all that shit stops once you pay

Their entire business model is boosting your ego so it makes you more likely to pay for their shit.
Another protip, don't go car shopping because clearly you suck at detecting when people are lying to you to get money out of you.
>>
>>5897928
>you suck at detecting when people are lying to you to get money out of you.

Well obviously not since you're the one paying for a free dating site and I'm not.
>>
>>5897936
I paid so I could be a weird stalker lol
I knew exactly what I was getting out of that shit. But all those emails they send you about people rating your page and your attractiveness are fake.
>>
>>5897756
If someone tells their dick is 7.5 inches but it's actually only 7 then they have clearly raped someone by deception desu. All men are rapists, smash the patriarchy!
>>
i've met some decent, attractive guys through okcupid... the problem is they all always want serious relationships and start talking about how they want to move in together one day and wake up to me every morning etc... and then i back the fuck away cuz that's just way too much and i'm not even single (my s/o and i are open)

but i didn't do anything special just made a profile...

it doesn't take much
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.