[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As a MtF I started yesterday taking Cyproterone acetate. Is it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: 1250637569792.jpg (121 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1250637569792.jpg
121 KB, 640x480
As a MtF I started yesterday taking Cyproterone acetate. Is it normal to be only on these meds for the first 1-2 months, without being prescribed estrogen (for example) at the same time?
>>
Yes.
>>
so it this considered the initiation of HRT?
>>
>>5888188
You started therapy to replace your hormones with other hormones. You haven't replaced any yet but you are reducing your T. You'll notice a bit of a difference. Yes, you've started HRT. Congratulations and good luck on your new lease on life.
>>
>>5888079
Yes, my flatmate was 3 months on cypro alone.
But I was put on cypro + 4mg estrace right from the start.
Depends on your doc I guess
>>
>>5888234
so do most people people on those HRT progress pics go through the same process? cypro only?
>>
Your doc is trying to scare you off by making you go through a lot of ill health first. He's an asshole. Get a new one. Killing your hormone levels without rebalancing them is medical abuse. You need one or the other.
>>
>>5888275
Fuck if I know
>>
>>5888277
where did that come from?
>>
>>5888277
what kind of claim is that?
>>
>>5888277
lol you sound like one of those professional victims. i bet you think you're unemployed because of the patriarchy, right?
>>
>>5888079
Ask for a real anti androgen like Bica or Lupron. Even Spiro is better than that shit.
>>
>>5888277
Starting AA+estrogen+progesterone all at the same time for me was a giant shift physically and mentally all at once. Could it not be caution that there will be serious effects to come for years; and that just AA is the most reversible to start in case the patient changes their mind?
>>
>>5888411
OP here, but what should I say? He'll probably have this look in his face and say "Who's the doctor here?"
How do I confront him with that?
>>
>>5888419
Is progesterone even worth it? There's so much up in the air info/disinfo that it's confusing as shit.
>>
>>5888456
Idk. It's a conversation my trans friends and I have a lot. I have nice boobs, though I started fat kid going skinny so gynecomastia. Facial changes have been quite noticeable, as well as fat redistribution. Idk if I got lucky with genetics or what, but I kinda hope it's progesterone just so I haven't been taking unnecessary medication.
>>
>>5888488
when you started you started HRT with progesterone only?
>>
>>5888411
>Spiro
>Better than cypro
Kek
>>
Alot of ppl is talking bullshit around here, yes. You can be only in ciproterone, is weaker, but it works, spyro have indeed better results, but I dont know about the meds regulations of ur country. But to a better regimen, start taking ciproterone, and mix ethinyl estradiol and cyproterone acetate(0,035mg and 2,0mg) Because u will not have any medical interaction between them. Its safe to folow this regimem, my ex wife used to take this and we saw great results, changes in whole body, breasts, etc. There is some psychological, similar to a pms. Diane 35 contains cyproterone.
>>
File: not_bad_by_jailboticus-d5ytpgn.png (858 KB, 756x667) Image search: [Google]
not_bad_by_jailboticus-d5ytpgn.png
858 KB, 756x667
>>5888546
>>
>>5888546
i'm taking 50mg of cyproterone
>>
>>5888575
Thats fine! it will help a bit, my ex wife started with 25mg and after 2 or 3 months she started taking 50mg. Just look for a ethinil that have cypro in their chem. Its not so good to take two different kinds of progesterone.
>>
>>5888434
"I'm not comfortable, being in the biggest demographic for youth suicide, being on a medication that guarantees depression. Please catch up with the rest of the world and give me a real Anti Androgen."
>>
1. leuprorelin
2. degarelix
3. bicalutamide

10. cyproterone

(numbers don't even go this high). spironolactone
>>
>>5888934
people say so many different thing, I don't even know who to take their word

>>5888919
what
>>
File: 1451493800855.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1451493800855.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>5888079
>taking Cyproterone acetate
LOL, just flush that crap down the toiler. It's completely useless.
>>
what is with this anti cypro shit lately? its like two hons decided to shill against it and samefag over and over.

it works, better than spiro.
>>
File: chris.jpg (82 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
chris.jpg
82 KB, 480x640
>>5889443
You think it's hons badmouthing the best!!11! AA evar but that's just plain wrong, hon. The reason why cypro is shit pretty much speaks for itself:

1. Causes depression and suicidal tendencies.
2. Toxic to your liver even at small dose.
3. Can activate androgen receptors up to 50%.
4. It doesn't block DHT that well.
5. Causes a gross beer gut (promotes visceral fat).
6. Decreases immunity and can cause cold sores to pop up repeatedly (implicated in the repeated Herpes zoster outbreaks).
7. Can cause itchy skin and rash.

I could go on but anyone with half a brain would already look up about cypro adverse effects themself.

Pic rel, average cypro user.
>>
>>5889496
you smell like a troll posting that picture of chris-chan
not only that, but you're being a stupid cunt
>>
>>5889496
i have a bunch of friends that take cypro and after reading your post pretty much all of them have none of the side effects you say are so common. only one person said they had some itchy skin but they dont know if its the cyrpo because theyve been on it for a long time. spiro has a lot of shit too but its not common. additionally, i take finastride with it to block dht even though i dont have any hair loss. some of these people are really pretty and have great bodies. considering you posted chris chan as well im assuming youre trolling.

they both work but cypro is def stronger. are you the one samefagging in all these threads? you dont have anything better to do? lol
>>
>>5889564
You are more than welcome to fact check everything I listed yourself but if you want to be a retard disregarding the entire post because of one stupid image instead, be my guest.
>>
>>5889589
You are being the irrational one. Possible side effects are not side effects most people experience much less all of them at once. You act as if any of those are common. Sprio is very well known to cause depression as well if not worse than cypro.
>>
>>5889589
what anon >>5889578 >>5889599
said
>>
File: 1336507963287.jpg (134 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
1336507963287.jpg
134 KB, 333x500
>>5888277
>>5888411
>>5888934
>>5889423
>>5889496
you make people sick reading your bullshit
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.