[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MtF Starting at McDonalds soon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5
So I'm a MtF who's going to be starting HRT as soon as it arrives in the post (hopefully within a week) and I'm also going to be starting at McDonalds very soon, and I just want to be able to work with the least amount of hassle and attention.
I live in a fairly understanding part of the UK (Couple towns over from Brighton, the Gay capital of the country) and I was wondering what I should do about my gender identity at work.
I have got a referral for my local clinic, and it states that I need to live as a woman for at least a year before I can get SRS, but I highly doubt I'm going to be getting that done within the next couple years because my parents cant afford it and neither can I.
I was wondering if I should bind and just not tell anyone (apart from maybe people I trust and know that work there after a few months) and work as a boy for as long as I can until people start noticing. Or whether I should tell my manager after a few months, and bind. Or just not bother binding at all.
Anyone with binding experience welcome to share their information. I'm on a 20 hour a week contract, most days will probably be 5-7 hour shifts.
Thanks in advance

Also, general work place HRT related stories
>>
>>5885504
I started before transition and people know that I'm Trans since I've more or less horn full time since.
Dumb kids will give you shit for it but don't really care, it's just what kids do.
Managers can be hateful pricks, never let them take advantage of you. Basically contact the Union or whatever if any higher up tries to cause problems since the 'hr' is just the managers and they're likely to be completely useless
>>
>>5885850
The union? Since when does Maccy Dan's have a union?
>>
File: 1457281829324.jpg (24 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1457281829324.jpg
24 KB, 500x375
>>5885504
MtF here, I was in a very similar situation. I worked at maccas before (and for about 3 months after) HRT. Girl-mode or as best I could accomplish pre-hrt and in the maccas uniform.
A few tips:
>Everyone wears the same uniform and looks pretty terrible in it so don't stress if you don't look to feminine.
>Try some subtle things like light makeup, jewelry or a bra. Whatever makes you feel comfortable.
>Try and get in good with your managers early on (maybe try to suss out someone chill).
>If you're uncomfortable with strangers ask to be put in the kitchen. The only people you'll have to deal with will be coworkers.
>If you can manage, being a cashier can be really rewarding as you'll get a lot of time to practice your voice and social interactions.
>Customer service can be shitty for everyone so don't let bad customers get you down.
>If you are getting harassed, do as >>5885850 said.

The most important thing however is to do your job well and be polite to everyone (yes, even the ones talking behind your back). If your coworkers have no justifiable reason to get upset at there going to look like dumb bigot if they do.

Special bonus tips:
Lose as much weight as possible before hormones so after your levels are balanced you can abuse your maccas discount to get tonnes of cheap food and get all that weight to your female areas.
>>
File: 1457775743025.jpg (558 KB, 1600x1577) Image search: [Google]
1457775743025.jpg
558 KB, 1600x1577
Bump
>>
>>5885504

Well, it would be awesome if you could avoid working until you fully transitioned but I see that's not possible.

Do you personally care if people know you're trans? Are you passable right now? If so, might as well just start off female from the get go.

Or you can work at one location for a while and then when you're ready to make your move, you can ask for a transfer to another locations and start off female there.
>>
File: 1458229501652.png (134 KB, 340x335) Image search: [Google]
1458229501652.png
134 KB, 340x335
Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply, I had my first shift last night, got another shift today.
>>5885850
I'm mostly concerned about customers making me feel like shit because they can tell I'm trans. Like I say, I live in a fairly nice area where most people are pretty open, and I know a lot of the people I'm working with from school anyway, so at least I'm not a complete stranger. And everyone I worked with on my first shift seemed pretty nice, and the managers seem OK
>>5886433
Ye, the uniform is fucking horrible
I might wear some super subtle make up once I've gotten in to the swing of it, but I'm tomboy as fuck anyway (would never see me in a dress, partly because I'm afraid of the whole "tranny in a dress" thing, and partly because It's just not my style.
I have pretty shitty anxiety, but I'm a really polite person that is pretty good at improv and being really apologetic and customer friendly, where as in the kitchen, I fear fucking up big time. So I'm not too sure yet. I'm defiantly going to be getting onto night shifts for sure
I would never practise my voice being a cashier unless I could pass desu, which I highly doubt will work at mcdonalds any time soon.
And good tip about being a mcskinny to mcfatty. Already trying to loose weight (too bad my fucking belly won't fuck off ¬.¬)
>>5888842
Kek
>>5888871
Ye, I would avoid working at mcdildos if I had money, but I don't, and I need meds, weed, and video game money for sure. I've been rotting away for the last two years with only one job for a few months, and dropping out of college twice. I need work
I don't really give a shit about if people that I know, know I'm trans. But I'm brand new so I gotta figure out who's cool, and who's not first. I'm nowhere near passable right now, mostly because I have shitty skin (fuck you spots, Literally can't get rid of them no matter what, but thank god HRT helps) I just started yesterday, and Transfer is a no go cos I know people I want to avoid at the other 1's
>>
File: Old Ass Weed.png (3 MB, 970x1556) Image search: [Google]
Old Ass Weed.png
3 MB, 970x1556
>>5894990
My biggest worry is hiding my bitch tits. IDK what to do with them cos no way can I jump into female mode atm, and I'm scared about customers saying shit or giving me funny looks cos mcdildos makes you tuck in your shirt on till.
>>
>>5885504
I had a similar situation happen to me.

I've been working at this grocery store around 8 months before starting HRT, I just told the highest up manager that I was starting to transition mtf, and that rather than force everyone to accept it (I know from past conversations that at least one of the managers was very homophobic) I'd rather just bypass any problems and get transferred to another store once I start living full time. Went relatively smoothly.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.