[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can femboys and transgirls help me with my hormones please? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 1300x621) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 1300x621
Can femboys and transgirls help me with my hormones please? I'm trying to become a femboy but I'm not sure which hormones to take. My choices are:

For oestrogen:
>Estrofem (Estradiol hemihydrate)
>Premarin (conjugated estrogens)

For anti-androgens:
>"Spiro" (Spironolactone)
> Proscar 28 (finasteride)

Which of these are the best, and what would be the optimum dosage for feminisation? (avoiding the adverse effects of too high doses like acne, sleeplessness etc)
>>
>>5878590
Don't take hormones if you're trying to be a femboy, you'll develop breasts, your testes shrink, you become an emotional wreck, you get sick at the drop of a hat, and your sex drive drops to nothing. Not fucking worth it man, I regret it every day.
>>
>>5878600
really? I've only ever heard positive experiences from people before
>>
>>5878614
Are you familiar with post-purchase rationalization?
>>
>>5878664
..no?
>>
>>5878590
Premarin is literally distilled horse urine. And it's dangerous. Estrofem is fine. Spironolactone and Finasteride serve different purposes and you'll wanna be taking both. Need advice on dosages?
>>
>>5878590
definitely get on finasteride or better dutasteride if you can, especially if balding is in your future.
adding low dose spiro should work well too. hard to recommend a dose as I'm not very familiar with it, and people take anywhere from 25-300 mg with success. there are men who take 150-200 mg just for their hair without any side effects at all, and then there are transgirls who take 50 mg. get your baseline bloodwork done first for sure if you haven't yet.

I wouldn't advise estrogens for some of the aforementioned reasons, stick to AAs. Look into non-steroids too like flutamide, bicalutamide, etc.
obviously your biggest concern will be ED/gyno

disclaimer: im a natural femboy who just wants to keep his hair, so im only on dut.
>>
>>5878700
Yes please :3
>>
>>5878590
How about you fix your mental illness before you become a feminine fagot.
>>
>>5878590
castrate yourself desu senpai
>>
>>5878733
2mg of Estrogen daily if you're under 110lbs, 4mg if you're above. 150mg of Spiro. 5mg of Finasteride/1mg Dutasteride.
>>
>>5878590
Lupron Injections. Once a month, hormone levels of an 8 year old, nukes both T and E. Then take 2mg of estradiol to feminize you some, and protect your skeleton.
>>
>>5878684
When someone regrets purchasing something and denies it by telling everyone how great the product is to preserve their pride. Apply that concept to people recommending you hormones.
>>
File: 6.jpg (124 KB, 790x1010) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
124 KB, 790x1010
>>
>>5878781
This is good advice. This will give you no sex hormones at all naturally and very mild levels of estrogen which will make you more feminine in subtle ways, like a 12 year old at the start of puberty.
>>
>>5878700
A lot of doctors actually consider spiro and finasteride together to be redundant and it isn't covered by some insurance policies because of it.
They do different things, spiro blocks T and finasteride blocks dht and dht is actually what causes a lot of hormonal masculinization but T is what converts into dht so if one blocker is working right then you don't really need the other.
For those not fully transitioning finasteride may be the better option as it also helps with hair loss.
>>
>>5879031
Finasteride doesn't reduce testosterone at all, though, and you'll get no benefit from estradiol below 12mg daily without a generalized anti androgen. And Medicaid covers Finasteride and Spironolactone in conjunction as both are on the WHO list.
>>
>>5878600
>get sick
>emotional wreck
>sex drive drops
Yeah, no. Don't generalize.
>>
>>5879057
It doesn't reduce T but DHT is what actually causes most masculinzation.
Since T converts into DHT effectively suppressing either has similar end-results.

Since OP wants to be a femboy instead of fully transitioning it may not matter and may even be beneficial for them if estradiol isn't effective, besides to have some sex hormones if they reduce their T enough.
There was no reference to them having medicaid.
>>
>>5879094
DHT is only responsible for hair stuff on your head and MPB.
>>
>>5879094
I'm in the UK so I don't know what medicaid is but I assume the NHS would cover whatever that does
>>
How masculine are your features/build right now, op?
>>
Have a qualified prescriber recommend drugs and dosages, not random people on the internet who don't fully understand these things and are, at best, going off of anecdotal evidence.
>>
>>5879098
False.

>>5879118
Never assume when it comes to health insurance.
I don't personally know NHS policies but there are some in mtfg who do and I mostly hear about them having trouble getting anything done.
>>
5a-reductase inhibitors such as fin actually boost free test levels because the test isn't being bound to 5ar anymore
if your hpta is faulty this might result in the extra undergoing aromatization
>>
File: image.jpg (204 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
204 KB, 750x1334
>>5879177
This is my face right now
+Short stature (5'7")
+Full lips
+Clear skin usually
-Dark skin (half Poortuguese)
-Masculine jawline
-Large nose
-Prominent brow
I'm currently 18 so I don't know how much change I have left to undergo
>>
>>5879359
Honestly, I don't think you need the hormones, you're already a twink. Moisturizers and some chapstick and you'd be good as any other femboi. They don't have any risks, either.
>>
>>5878590
TALK TO A LICENSED MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.
seriously, this is not the place for the answers you need.
>>
we really need an lgbt sticky because self-entitled retards are too stupid to check the many generals with this information
>>
>>5879359
You don't have an real probs. Something as simple as spiro would keep any of the things you're worried about from actually becoming a prob. Would also lighten your skin.

Things probably can get worse without any protection though.
>>
File: actor_14337.jpg (18 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
actor_14337.jpg
18 KB, 210x240
>>5879359
You remind me of Ashly Burch.
>>
>>5879734
>tfw ex has a crush on her
>>
>>5878590
If your ok with your dilly not working right and producing lumps on the chest, hrt is pretty neat.
I'm personally taking progynova and Spiro but I'd recommend estrofem and cypro/bical if you can afford it.
Probably 2mg / 100mg daily respectively for estro and Spiro, those are pretty low doses
>>
>>5879958
>your dilly not working right
what happens to it?
>>
>>5878590
Don't. HRT is made for transitioning. If you could somehow justify needing medical stuff for it to a psychologist then maybe a doctor could help you with a custom hormone regimen, but it's doubtful. Like others have said, there are permanent effects like breast growth that you don't want as a femboy.

>>5878600
>emotional wreck
>get sick at the drop of a hat
>sex drive drops to nothing
u wot m8?
>>
>>5878781 >>5878847
except Gnrh blockers are like 500-700$ per month and have drastic effects which 'femboy' might not want
>>
>>5880063
Femgen seems pretty happy with their pills though
>>
File: socke cat.jpg (31 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
socke cat.jpg
31 KB, 604x453
>>5880063
Btw its a good question, how do you avoid killing your libido and becoming depressed emotional wreck - both are common, well documented side effects of both antiandrogens and excess of estrogen/prolactin.
(Nevermind that trannies can be emotional wrecks regardless of HRT)
>>
>>5880119
as long as you don't define libido as getting rock hard, hrt certainly does not kill it.
although i'm agp so maybe i shouldn't speak for everybody.

as for depression, isn't it mainly relegated to spiro and cypro?
>>
>>5881833
Cypro only

>>5880067
medicaid covers it.
>>
>>5878600
>you get sick at the drop of a hat,
I think you might hand aids, Susette
>>
>>5881834
hardly anybody qualifies for medicaid
>>
>>5881888
In 30 US states there's Expanded Medicaid, which almost everybody qualifies for. Thanks Obama!
>>
>>5881902
you mean "basically nobody," right?
just pulling up the first state that came up (washington, which is pretty democrat-leaning), the first requirement is
>The Affordable Care Act increased Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) eligibility limits, bringing health care coverage to hundreds of thousands of adults in Washington State (ages 19 up to 65) who earn up to 138 percent of the federal poverty level. For a single person, that's an annual income of $16,248.
>>
>>5881963
Which based on Washington State's current minimum wage, working full-time, you still come in under. And many transgirls are working less than that, working tip-based roles, receiving EBT, etc.
>>
>>5881977
your statement saying that almost everybody covered is nonsensical though. and of the entire population, only a tiny portion make minimum wage.
for fun, I found another (from new jersey):

>...
>In addition, a person must fall into one of the following categories:
>Families with dependent children
>People who are 65 years of age or older, blind, or permanently disabled
>Pregnant Women
>>
>>5881982
You're looking at the standard medicaid requirements. Expanded Medicaid is much different, and you can tell expanded medicaid because it is essentially a low cost HMO/PPO plan (you're given choice of four-ten providers) paid for entirely by the state at the level of care set out by medicaid. The requirements are much more relaxed.
>>
>>5881982
https://www.medicaid.gov/medicaid-chip-program-information/by-state/new-jersey.html
Did you even try? NJ even allows up to 194% of federal poverty level!
>>
>>5878590
4mg of estradiol or standard dose of finasteride.

Seek mental help, you'll need it.
>>
>>5882006
http://www.state.nj.us/humanservices/dmahs/clients/medicaid/
>>
>>5882038
by the way, you usually start with 2mg of estradiol then go up

Be careful of ineffective and fake medicine. It would be safer to go the supplement route then "informed" consent or letter from a psychologist.
>>
>>5882057
That's medicaid, not expanded medicaid. They're different programs.
>>
>>5882057
>http://www.state.nj.us/humanservices/dmahs/clients/medicaid/
NJfag here. It's called NJ FamilyCare. Medicaid is Medicaid. Every state has its own name for Expanded Medicaid. Ours is NJ FamilyCare.
>>
>>5882129
>>5882159
that's retarded...

i still hold that it's wrong to say "almost everyone" qualifies
>>
>>5882159
but wait

>NJ FamilyCare is not a welfare program, but rather the State of New Jersey's way of providing affordable health coverage for kids and certain low-income parents.
>kids and certain low-income parents.
>>
>>5882193
There's literally a page that says that single adults without children qualify without premium or copay.
>http://www.njfamilycare.org/income.aspx
>Adults without dependent children among ages 19-64 with incomes up to 138% FPL ($1,354/month for a single person and $1,832/month for a couple).
>>
>>5882191
dude why are you arguing this so hardcore whats it matter to you
>>
>>5882214
it takes two to argue. what's it matter to you?

it's retarded to say almost everyone qualifies when that certainly isn't the case
>>
>>5882223
>most transgirls are low income
>most low income people in the US now qualify for expanded medicaid
>most transgirls can be on Lupron now
>>
>>5882223
let it go and walk away sperg you lost this one
>>
>>5881833
>hrt certainly does not kill it.
I suspect it depends on dosage, as some MtFs tend to kill their test to below even female levels, and its not uncommon that some become completely asexual
Also hormonal birthcontrol can lower libido in genetic women too.

>mainly relegated to spiro and cypro
And thats what 90% are using. And even finast has negative mental side effects.

Bica is apparently *somewhat* better since it doesn't kill your hormones production and has limited(?) ability to cross blood-brain barrier.
>>
>>5882235
nah, can't make that assumption

>>5882245
no u ;^)
>>
>>5883271
Behold the face of the beta sperg.
>>
>>5883651
oooh, ouch
>>
>>5883693
>>5883271
dude why do you care so much, you got proven wrong. Have some fucking dignity and stop trying to poison others. You backed the wrong horse, at least have some self respect.
>>
>>5883710
Dude why do you care so much? The statement was made with far too many assumptions. Stop.
>>
>>5883731
Aspergers confirmed. Enjoy your liver poison. You've done more than enough now to ensure that nobody reading this thread would wanna try cypro.
>>
>>5878729
>definitely get on finasteride or better dutasteride

Hey I recently bought 20g of finasteride because I thought it had fewer side-effect compared to dutasteride?
>>
>>5883782
Aspergers confirmed. I don't even take cypro. But thank god I'm off that garbage that is spiro
>>
>>5883796
it should have fewer side effects since fin doesn't block 5-ar type 1, which is necessary for neurosteroid synthesis, and blocks less dht which can be converted into neurosteroids as well.

some dut studies showed a similar safety profile to fin, others showed higher rate of reduced libido, and anecdotally there are people who got sides on fin but didn't with dut. your fin should be almost as effective as dut anyway, it could even be equally as effective depending on your response.
>>
>>5883833
Well the whole idea is that on finasteride you still have 10-25% basal dht levels, which will over-time give you baldness (and provide libido), whereas dutasteride is a near-perfect blocker giving <1% basal dht. Also you take much less of dutasteride (0.1mg per day)
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.