[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's a proven fact that men and women are both psychologically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
It's a proven fact that men and women are both psychologically and biologically different, and no amount of surgeries will ever change that.

With that in mind, give me one legit reason as to how transgenderism is legitimate outside of your typical "muh feelings" or psuedopsychological stuff that you'd find on Tumblr.
>>
File: 1455299153173.jpg (16 KB, 228x243) Image search: [Google]
1455299153173.jpg
16 KB, 228x243
oh look, this thread again
>>
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 696x966) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 696x966
>>5878138
Medical transition alters sex phenotype. Hormones are what dictate the gene expression needed to make someone male or female.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11085516/
>>
>>5878138
Have you even tried googling this?

Give me one legit reason as to how the earth isn't flat.
>>
>>5878138
if people are committing suicide over this mental disorder of feeling like a woman but being a man, and you have the technology to change a man into a woman, then it's ethically wrong not to treat the otherwise untreatable disorder by changing the man into a woman.

i don't care what your opinions are on the matter. i don't care about your definition of man and woman (science says you're wrong, actually). i care that there is an effective cure for GID in things like HRT and SRS.

if i suggested that "everyone gets sad sometimes, and no amount of mumbo jumbo about brain stuff will change that" and used that as my reason of how depression was not legitimate outside of "muh feelings" or pseudopsychological stuff, i'd be a colossal moron. Guess what you are!
>>
>>5878138
Also it's a well proven fact that GD is caused by massive hormonal imbalances in utero.

Every major medical group says that transition is the best treatment. http://www.lambdalegal.org/sites/default/files/publications/downloads/ll_trans_professional_statements.pdf

So with that out, do you have any reasons besides your infantile whims condemn the doctors?
>>
>>5878159
>>5878155
You seem to have missed my point, and rightfully so because I misworded the OP quite a lot.

I meant that, if there's literally no way that you'll ever be a woman or man depending on what transition you're going through, why should we recognize the fact that you are a man/woman?
>>
>>5878166

Cause >>5878149 you can alter phenotype at a cellular level. I don't see why a mouthbreather like you should be recognized as a doctors just cause you feel like one. Push your delusions of grandeur elsewhere.
>>
>>5878180
When trying to argue your case to someone, petty insults don't get you very far and just make you look childish. Remember this for the future.

Even if you change Phenotypes, you'll still never have a working female reproductive system or regular female libido. And if you're "transitioning" into a man as a woman, you'll never have a working male reproductive system or a normal male libido. How does one account for this rather large part of being a woman/man?
>>
>>5878186
Oh please, the whole thread is predicated on someone childishly assuming they're an expert on medicine and talking down despite having an absence of qualifications.

There are sterile women and men so it obviously isn't an absolute. And given the fact that womb transplants are about to become a thing and the Scandinavians have mentioned trans as recipients it might not even be an immutable.
>>
>>5878196
I never claimed to be a expert, it's just common fact that men and women are on completely different sides of the spectrum. I'm sorry if you were excluded from this thought process that is common to most humans.

For example, the skeleton of a man is completely different to a skeleton of a woman. It has much broader shoulders, smaller hips, and a much thicker skull. It's proven that psychologically men are more violent and usually more easily irritated then women are. These are elements of men and women that can never be changed, and they're both rather integral parts of being a man/woman. How do you account for this?
>>
>>5878138
>It's a proven fact that men and women are both psychologically and biologically different,
right
>and no amount of surgeries will ever change that.
wrong
>>
>>5878205
>For example, the skeleton of a man is completely different to a skeleton of a woman
no it isnt, there are general differences yes but they aren't mutually exclusive to each sex
>It's proven that psychologically men are more violent and usually more easily irritated then women are
do you ever go outside or meet people at all
>>
File: AJiuyzl.jpg (142 KB, 636x640) Image search: [Google]
AJiuyzl.jpg
142 KB, 636x640
>>5878186
I'm too lazy to find all the links for you. There is (was?) a bunch of links to journal articles in the info dump of /mtfg/. As >>5878149 said, but there is also a load of other stuff, such as neuroanatomy of mtf's brains being much closer to cis women than cis males, and a bunch of other stuff. And you're right. No mtfs can never naturally biologically reproduce, but there are a bunch of cis women who can't either.

If you wouldn't want to dick a mtf, whatever. I don't think people should be judged for feeling that way. But there is a huge surplus of medical evidence that supports transgender individuals. If you're not comfortable with putting your dick it in, w/e, but is it really that much of an inconvenience to just acknowledge them as women?
>>
>>5878221
I still acknowledge them as women, I have a couple MtF friends in real life and I have no problem addressing them with female pronouns and what not. All I'm saying is, I just don't think it's possible for a man to become a woman or a woman to become a man, but, a lot of the data posted ITT says otherwise.
>>
>>5878236
If that is the case, I don't really get the OP statement of
>With that in mind, give me one legit reason as to how transgenderism is legitimate outside of your typical "muh feelings" or psuedopsychological stuff that you'd find on Tumblr.

You're right with one thing. It's impossible for a biological XY male, to become a biological XX female. Yeah. Modern science (currently, and probably for a pretty long time) lacks technology to chance this. There are plenty of cis people missing fundamental physiological processes, outside of transgenderism. If they need huge changes to their body or biochemistry are they any less human. Why is it just chromosomes and birth genitalia that are the standard for who someone actually is?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.