[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Survey Time (tranny thread)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: degenerate 1.jpg (30 KB, 400x321) Image search: [Google]
degenerate 1.jpg
30 KB, 400x321
I've seen a lot of threads about passability, prettiness, etc in general lately so I'm a bit interested in surveying /lgbt/ to see what your views on these things are over all.

1. At what age is it too late to start HRT?
2. At what height would it be pointless to start HRT?
3. Which race is the most passable? Which race is the least?
4. Who has an easier time passing overall, ftm or mtf?
5. Is being pretty (or handsome for ftms) a requirement for passing?
>>
My answers (mtf obviously)
>25-26
>6 ft and up
>most: asians least: blacks
>I actually think they're roughly equal, with ftms having a slightly easier time because guys can get away with looking somewhat girly
>not necessarily but definitely related
>>
>>5868801
>At what age is it too late to start HRT?
At whatever age you hit puberty
>At what height would it be pointless to start HRT?
>Which race is the most passable? Which race is the least?
Asians are the most. Blacks are the least
>Who has an easier time passing overall, ftm or mtf?
FtM
>Is being pretty (or handsome for ftms) a requirement for passing?
No. Caddy has proven that it's possible to pass and still be ugly
>>
>30
>6'1 +
>Asian/Black
>FTM not even close
>No, but everyone wants it
>>
>>5868801

1. 25

2. None, only depends on face(along with age)

3. In decreasing order, East/Southeast Asian, Slavic, Scandinavian, French+Anglo, German, Hispanic, Mediterranean yuro, Black, Middle eastern, Indian

4. ftm since ftms can pass just by taking testosterone.

5. YES
>>
>>5868801
1. Depends entirely on genetics but the meme answer is 23-25
2. Height (and shoulder width) are memes, they don't matter, it depends on proportions and stuff
3. Most = black (I know people say Asian but I think that's white cultural bias mostly), least = Caucasian
4. FtM
5. No
>>
>>5868801
>5. Is being pretty (or handsome for ftms) a requirement for passing?
no, but it helps. certain factors don't really weigh in much (like a big/small nose) but others do (large/small chin).
>>
File: image.jpg (163 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163 KB, 640x1136
>1. 21 if you want to look almost completely cis and hormones hasn't completely fucked you.
>2. Anything over 5'10 your fucked.
>3. Asians most, Africans least. (Atleast with MtF's cause foundations a bitch)
>4. FtM easily. Unless you have DD's no one will question a bearded guy with a little gyno.
>5. Not a requirement, but def doesn't hurt your chances of being stealth and successful in life.
>>
>>5868801
mtf: the age you're already too masculine to pass naturally well groomed with long hair
ftm: N/A
mtf: anything above the national average for males
ftm: anything below the national average for females
3. That of another race. That of your own.
4. Women who use steroids in the gym "pass" for the opposite sex. Men with moobs are seen as men with moobs.
passing = walk, talk, think and dress their appropriate age
attractiveness = attractiveness
>>
1. At what age is it too late to start HRT?
12. In all seriousness it varies, but once you start getting serious facial hair growth it's probably too late. I was still pretty babyface at 19. Mid-20 I went man-mode.

2. At what height would it be pointless to start HRT?
6'+ would be unconvincing to say the least. You can still look the part, but, women are much shorter.

3. Which race is the most passable? Which race is the least?
Most - Asians. It's a valid meme.
Least - Probably blacks. It really depends on the person.

4. Who has an easier time passing overall, ftm or mtf?
From 0%-90%, FtMs. For the last 10% (SRS), MtFs have it easier.

5. Is being pretty (or handsome for ftms) a requirement for passing?
Not being pretty draws in more criticisms to your appearance as to why you aren't pretty. A more critical eye will then notice bad facial structure and other tells that give you away.
>>
I started hrt at 25 and I am starting to pass as a girl 50% of the time in boy mode only at one year hrt so shut the fuck up about the age cut off
>>
>>5868995
>21
>5'10
this is bait, r-right?
>>
>>5869100
that's only because more people know what hons are these days
>>
>>5869277
I am not a hon if I am 26 and get called miss when I am just in a guys button down shirt and a pair of jeans.
>>
>>5868801
>1. At what age is it too late to start HRT?

12, kill yourselves now.

>>5869084
>3. That of another race. That of your own.

kek
>>
>>5868801
I'm FTM, so these answers will be for other FTMs.
I've seen guys start well into their thirties and end up looking great. I think it's a lot more flexible than MTFs. After 35-40 it becomes a bit of a gamble, though.
>2. At what height would it be pointless to start HRT?
For me, if I was any shorter than I am (5"6), I would have probably given up.
>3. Which race is the most passable? Which race is the least?
I don't think there's a significant different across the races.
>4. Who has an easier time passing overall, ftm or mtf?
FTMs
No, it's just a bonus.
>>
>>5868801
I'd say around 25-35, depending on your genetics, though I'm probably being optimistic. But that really only refers to passing, HRT can help reduce dysphoria at any age, so there isn't really such a thing as "too late" provided you're okay with being unpassable (or at least don't find it to be any worse than looking like your birth sex) and live in an area where you're not going to get killed for being obviously trans.

6'1", though the limit is lower if you're not otherwise feminine to begin with. And again as above, this only applies if you want to pass.

Asians and Africans respectively.

ftm

Not really, they're too separate things,but there is some overlap between the features that make a woman ugly and those that make her look manly for example. But it's still possible to be an ugly woman without people thinking you're a man.
>>
1. Definitely 24. If you are above 40, kill yourself hon.
2. 5'10
Most: Asians (East) ofc
More: Latinas, Niggas, Slavs, Asians (Southeast)
Less: general European
Least: Northern/Germanic/Nordic Europeans, curry Asians
4. Ftms only have to start manspreading in public transport to blend in with men. Mtfs will almost never pass for women no matter how many surgeries we have (trannydar level 100 here)
5. Not really but since we are on 4chins almost everyone deemed "ugly" will not pass in an average 4chinner's eyes.
>>
File: Sad.jpg (55 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Sad.jpg
55 KB, 600x600
>>5869099
>I was still pretty babyface at 19. Mid-20 I went man-mode.
Same. At 22, everyone thought I am not even 18 but just one year later I suddenly become "sir" and "mister" to everyone.

Seriously, 22/23 is the point of no return when everything goes down at least it was for me.
>>
File: tumblr_nhvs6q9oKO1s83qwuo1_500.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhvs6q9oKO1s83qwuo1_500.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>5868801
> 1. At what age is it too late to start HRT?
You'll see much fewer effects after age 40, that said ive seen some different cases
> 2. At what height would it be pointless to start HRT?
It would be more difficult to blend if you were over 5'10''
> 3. Which race is the most passable? Which race is the least?
Asian I suppose, no idea whos the least
> 4. Who has an easier time passing overall, ftm or mtf?
FTM, when them its more of a matter of time till you pass while with MTF, if you dont pass after a few years you probably wont.
> 5. Is being pretty (or handsome for ftms) a requirement for passing?
It can go either way to be honest, some ugly men can clean up to pretty women it depends on the type of attractive. If your a guy wit ha strong jaw and handsome male features might not transition as well.

> #REALTALK

Bottom line is if you think transition with you help you mentally orat the very least being on hormones and your dysphoia is making you want to die and therapy isn't helping you might as well try. I don't push pills on people, but worrying about if your pass and stuff is a valid complain but even if you feel like you won't, if you cant live anymore as a male/woman, and your suicidal like many on this board.

My opinion, in the end everyone should give it all serious serious thought, do not jump into anything one way or the other because 4chan tells you too, it's your life.
>>
File: 6_1920.jpg (583 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
6_1920.jpg
583 KB, 1920x1200
Mfw I live in the land where giants are born and it doesn't matter how tall you are since there will always be a bunch of equal or even taller people walking on the streets, both male and female 6ft plus.

From The Netherlands I greet you, tiny humans.
>>
>>5868801
1. When your hairline is fucked for mtfs, never for ftms.
2. No height.
3. Asians, africans.
4. FtM
5. No
>>
>>5870953
People seem pretty tall over in Australia, too. Americans are tiny people.
I can be a 5'10 girl and be considered average height
>>
>>5871023
I'm 5'8 and I feel like a fucking giant around most grils
>>
File: yourewrongfag.png (64 KB, 891x505) Image search: [Google]
yourewrongfag.png
64 KB, 891x505
>>5871023
>>
>>5868801
There really isn't a set age, your chances go down as you age sure, but sometimes someone who transitioned later on cab surprise you. I guess the odd get to essentially zero after about 30 though
Tall women exist, I'm 5'11" and I have no problem passing in public (although I get asked "omg were you a basketball player in high school? :oooo" every other fucking day by customers)
Asians definitely have a better start in general. As for worst I'll have to say Hispanics maybe, I certainly don't see many passing ones, while blacks are more masculine, so are the women, so it could go either way there, the trans person could be too masculine, but the bar to reach is a little easier.
Ftm, I don't think its really possible to not pass after being on T long enough. Sure there's early transitioners and ones not on hormones yet, but T has a knack for fucking up bodies (sorry, had to say it :p)
No I've seen some pretty damn ugly trans girls who did just look like ugly cis women, and vice versa, a trans girl could be really pretty, but have a few tells that make them not pass 100%
>>
>>5874107
Fuck me I can't type when I'm tired. Please don't look too hard at the typos
>>
>>5868801 (OP)
~25 for MtF, and ~40 for FtM, from the transitions I've seen. Any older, and passing is pretty ridiculous.
6'2" and higher for MtF; 5'3" and lower for FtM. (not that it'd be pointless to start HRT anyway -- I mean, you're going to feel like shit as the sex you are regardless. Just, you're going to look odd, and likely not pass)
Asians for most, Blacks for least. It's a true meme.
FtMs by a landslide. Their HRT changes voice, adds facial hair, makes massive skeletal and muscular changes, and makes the person look significantly different from before. In contrast, MtF HRT just basically makes you look softer, and gives you tiny breasts. That MtFs have to train their voice, have thousands of $$$ spent on eliminating facial hair, and that their body will never get any smaller (while FtM bodies get bigger) is plenty of reason to say they have more trouble.
No, but it'd help them.
>>
>>5868804

what she said
>>
>>5868814
what height is 24?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.