[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BITWC sucked or am I stupid?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 216520-bluecolorwarmest.png (340 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
216520-bluecolorwarmest.png
340 KB, 600x338
I just watched Blue Is The Warmest Color / La Vie d'Adele. Am I missing something or did this movie kinda suck?

Plot was stale as fuck (I know it's adapted) -- 1. Love at first sight + 2. confused hs sexuality + 3. prolonged romance + 4. catastrophic breakup due to infidelity + 5. one partner moves on while the other stays pathetic. All been done before in 4/5 sequences in other movies, and in lesser sequences many many more times.

Here's a fresh plot idea: How about a breakup of a long term storybook romance that ISN'T due to cheating? (e.g. moving, finance, illness, kids) You know, like 95% of the real world.

Cinematography: Tight handheld. Tight handheld. Hey, wanna show some emotion? How about a tight shot with a handheld?

Moral: 1. Be with someone or life sucks. 2. Mediocre sex is a dealbreaker for a fulfilling long-term family relationship (instigates cheating TWICE),

The looong sex scene: We get it -- lesbians have lots of positions... one of the most important of which (especially at first) is missionary, which seemed conspicuously ignored.

Am I missing something? Can somebody explain to me why this film is considered a masterpiece?

>being about lesbians = Cannes bait

But it also fucked up that aspect too. The confused HS girl trying to conform and having close to a mental breakdown after sex with her bf indicated that she was full-on gay, yet she ends up cheating on her long-term-gf-essentially-wife with a MAN? Lesbos of the board, tell me if that matches up with your experience.

Also, the no sex on period scene (anybody who's had a gf knows they will work around it)? They were portraying "lesbian bed death", which is basically a punch in the face to lesbians everywhere.

Again, yes they're adapting from a comic, but to say this movie was YAY LESBIAN MINORITY is false.
>>
Bump? I really want someone to help sort me out here -- what am I missing?
>>
>>5865461
You're not missing anything, it's acclaimed because it has young lesbian sex.
>>
It's shit and the comic was also shit.

>>5865470
>>5865470
This
>>
What about its influence on the lgbt community? On society's image?

Am I wrong in my assertion that it does a disservice to lesbian representation?

(Also they never resolved whether and when she ever came out to her parents - kinda important...)
>>
>>5865697
the only lesbians I know love the movie, so I guess you're getting angry on their behalf.
>>
>>5865336
>Plot was stale as fuck

How so? There aren't many coming out films out there.
>>
>>5865883

There are quite a few of the coming-out-in-hs variety that have the exact same pattern of pressured to boy, identity crisis, love-at-first-sight-girl -- they all stay in HS though and usually either have that as the full drama or have some boy crisis to end it.

BITWC is the first I've seen to go from HS romance to adult, but it takes 3 hours to do it, so if you combine the former HS movies with the several adult lesbian films that tragically end with a character having an affair with a guy, well then you get the reason why I was cringing from the party scene on as I knew what was going to happen.
>>
More counterpoints? I'm really desperate for people to, so to speak, bluepill me on this movie.
>>
>>5866183

The party scene was about 30min before the cheat, and it was obvious because she looked sad, and in films with long-term relationships (both homo and hetero) if there's a scene where one partner looks sad then the only possible resolution is an affair.

Because nobody can ever act like a fucking adult ever. (seriously, are all these writers and directors just channeling their chaotic love in college and have never gotten over it?)
>>
File: 1457751695729.gif (495 KB, 350x282) Image search: [Google]
1457751695729.gif
495 KB, 350x282
>>5865336
>Be me
>stealth bisexual transwoman
>Look just like the girl on the left
>Dancing at lgbt club
>Get hit on by fit lesbian brunette
>She's says I look like the chick from this film
>Whatever
>Making out
>Get her number
>"Please call me" shes says as I leave
>Get home
>Google the film
>3 hours long
>French
>Hipster lesbian bullshit
>mfw never call her back because she'll expect me to watch this shitty film
>>
>>5865883
it's just 'generic coming out film' and 'generic bittersweet romantic drama' taped together into one stupidly long film
>>
>>5866680
>generic coming out film

Except even worse than that since she never "came out" once -- she was closeted in HS/college, it obviously was a stressful situation, and then fastforward into the future with no parents.
>>
I just like closeup of skin, particularly faces, if that makes any sense.

So I didn't particularly like the story but the way it was filmed made it pretty palatable to me.
>>
>>5866625
>stealth bisexual transwoman
absolutely disgusing

>attracts nasty hipster lesbian with shit taste in film
not even surprised
>>
>>5865336
lesbian here, refuse to see it

>blue hair
not even once
>>
It's an educational film about the danger of biscum.
>>
File: bitwc-spaghetti.jpg (52 KB, 1024x575) Image search: [Google]
bitwc-spaghetti.jpg
52 KB, 1024x575
From another thread because it was awesome:

>I think there's a misunderstanding here, this movie has never been about lesbians, penises, or social classes. It's actually a social commentary on spaghetti.
>>
>>5871065
Papyrus pls no
>>
>>5865697
Personally didn't like it, but I don't think it was bad for lesbian representation. It was a pretty terrible movie, but some people praise it for some obscure reason.
>>
>>5865336
Im straight guy and this is my fvourite movie... whats wrong with me?
>>
>>5873053
Besides shit taste? Not much
>>
>>5873053

You just horny nigga.
>>
Btw, much better lesbian movies (as far as being lgbt goes):

>But I'm A Cheerleader
>Saving Face
>Lost and Delirious
>Hu Die (Butterfly)

and Where The Truth Lies, which I think is a better film in general and has a heavy lgbt (but not lesbian) theme.
>>
As a gay man, I found it disgusting.
>>5871065
Especially these eating scenes. They were just so fucking dirty and nauseating.
>>
But lesbian bed death is real
>>
>>5873677
>"real"
>>
I'm a gay guy and I liked it.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.